I just recently heard this and was never really into alt rock grungey stuff but this was pretty good, particularly Zero...

I just recently heard this and was never really into alt rock grungey stuff but this was pretty good, particularly Zero. Anyone able to recc some more essential albums like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntiofG_3yF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

THE WOOORLD IS A VAMPIAH

Gish and Siamese Dream

Although they were kind of clumped in that category, I never really considered them to be grunge. one of my favorite bands for awhile, kind of my entry level to good rock music. Siamese Dream is their best imo.

Thanks, I'll take a look at Siamese Dream. Any similar artists from the same time? I want to branch out and find more of the same style.

Believe it or not, no. You should listen to early Queen, Rush, and early Cheap Trick for the same effect as Smashing Pumpkins.

>queen
>rush
>cheap trick

i hope to fuck you're just baiting

>I know nothing about any of these bands or Billy Corgan: the post

Early Dinosaur Jr sounds a bit like Siamese Dream, not at all like Mellon Collie though.

Highly rec'd

It doesn't sound like Siamese dream either

This would've been a god tier LP
literally half the songs are filler

The first two Catherine Wheel and Swervedriver albums.
Also Seam - The Problem With Me
And check out the band Hum, don't have any album titles in mind right now

Mid/late 90s Therapy? has the Zero sound

Just a heads up, Mellon Collie is decent, but Siamese Dream is 10x better.
The only album I fell in love with at the age of 14 and still really love.

Its a 90s alt rock band with heavy use of fuzz and angsty vocals. No its not a spot on copy, but its one of the closest things I can think of.

Me too friend. Kid A as well

I don't think I discovered Kid A until 15 ;)

I discovered both at the same time cause my dad gave me the CDs and I would listen to them while drawing or doing homework, haha. Before that I liked stuff like MCR and Green Day

I discovered Smashing Pumpkins through Guitar Hero desu...no regrets
I was a Chili Peppers guy myself in middle school. As in, I literally only listened to RHCP nonstop for about two years.

>Mellon Collie is decent

Hum

>wahhh wahhh im so depressed
>DARKNESS!!!! woe is me...
>song about courtney love's pussy
>i'm suffering!!!
is there anything WORSE than 90s alt "rock"

big star
its all about that power pop boi

Ya

>song about courtney love's pussy
Solid song though
youtube.com/watch?v=ntiofG_3yF4

Nuh huh

don't talk to me or my little sister ever again

I couldn't say i've heard anything like The Smashing Pumpkins. Their first album is great, OP. I'm only mentioning it because no one seems to talk about it.

Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage

There has never been a double album, let alone a triple album, without filler, yet they keep making them for some reason.

Yeah, those are all great suggestions. Maybe some shoegazezey stuff too. Idk if anyone mentioned Silversun Pickups, but their first two albums are basically early pumpkins worship.