How do I into punk...

How do I into punk? I may just have a short attention span but I find it really hard to immerse myself in an album when I'm being bombarded by new tracks every minute and a half.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpkVtzfZ0Ug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill yourself indie/art rock faggot nu-male

Try this.

It's not punk, but it also has very short tracks. It's easier to hook onto them. Should be a good lead in to DNotD.

Start with post-hardcore

youtube.com/watch?v=WpkVtzfZ0Ug

Start with London Calling

work out from there

Listen to Punk Rock that has songs longer than a few minutes if that's not your thing. Why don't you give The Replacements a go - they branched out into Alternative Rock in the mid-80's but retained a Punk Rock aesthetic.

Post-Hardcore is another good place to start. Try Fugazi, Shuuder To Think, Big Black etc.

numales like shit like crescendocore and chvrches though and tumblr-core shit

I started with this after a recommendation from a friend. Maybe you'll like it.

Well, the Minutemen aren't really punk, so that's kinda your first mistake. They're more post-punk. It's a good album, though not really entry-level stuff.

>nu-males don't like indie and art rock!!
>r-right guys?
pathetic

>short attention span
>can't handle short tracks

What?

First-wave punk is the only good punk.

There are a few good early-80s hardcore/post-punk bands (OP posted one) but all in all punk died in 1979.

I got into punk and hardcore punk by going backwards. I was really into post punk and emo first.

long tracks album

Punk Rock died in 1979? There were loads of good Punk Rock bands post-1979 and there are still good bands today. The genre didn't 'die'.

He's right ya know

Start like I did.

The Fall, Rudimentary Peni, Crass, Wire, Gang of Four, Joy Division, Wipers, Fugazi, Pere Ubu, Devo

Black Flag

I started with Damaged but looking back I think their later stuff is a good place to start.

In My Head is criminally underrated, maybe give that a shot

Came here to post this

What?
Hardcore didn't even really start until the 80's dude
How can you say punk died in 79 if stuff like pic related exists

Post 1984 Black Flag is criminally bad

>being this wrong

fuck you man

In My Head, Paralyzed, Crazy Girl and Drinking & Driving are great songs

I listened to all of them, including family man

They all suck