GORILLAZ

New Gorillaz album coming out soon.

What's the theme?

What kind of genre will it consist of?

Will it be good?

Rate the Gorillaz Albums.

Basicallly, Gorillaz general thread. Get hype for phase 4.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PEamK18zGnE
youtube.com/watch?v=MfCESyFn_Dc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't like that they went for more normal shows during the Plastic Beach era rather than getting funky with holograms.

its gonna be the last album, its still gonna be hip hop, but its gonna be sad as fuck
10/10

is that legit or just a prediction?

Lol was just listening to feel good inc.

>What's the theme?
speed, Albarn was aiming for like 135 BPM for each song

>What kind of genre will it consist of?
"Alternative" :^)

>Will it be good?
probably

>Rate the Gorillaz Albums.
PB > s/t >>>>> POWER GAP >>> DD > the fall

I hope they release a B-sides album this time. They didn't do it with Plastic Beach and that sucks. I need my P-sides dammit.

it'd be cool if they released P-Sides out of nowhere as a way to announce/hype up the new albums release, but that'll never happen.

There's some fan collated P-sides.
Like Sea-sides.
Raw and Rare has some P-sides too.

But it's mainly demos or 30 second samples of Crashing Down.

Huh, hadn't heard of this before. I'll check it out, thanks for the info.

nah damon said its gonna be uplifting

Im feeling really bla bla, I want to bla bla bla, And in the end it means I bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

SO WILL IT BE ANNOUNCED TODAY OR WHAT

The theme will be reddit
>last album
Thank fucking god

Its finished, they fucked us over again, just like with 'april-ish'

Wat

question, what does jamie hewlett actually do?

Draws all the artwork, arguably more work than Damon does.

On the old Plastic Beach website game once you completed it, a message would pop up saying the second part of the game was coming 'april-ish' it was March 2010 at the time, and everyone obviously expected it to come out april 2010, but it ended up coming out around march 2011. Just one of the many instances where they fucked their fans with false promises during phase 3 (also the second part of the game was unfinished garbage)

He does everything on the art side i.e. direct and sometimes animate videos, draw artwork, design live shows, come up with the story for the phase

holy fuck you have shit taste

lol

7.3/10

It will be futuristic and will have one we really big hit but the rest of the album will be okay. Nothing surprising.

>arguably more work than Damon does
No doubt it's more work but the music is the only thing important in the end.

not in gorillaz man, music is really the least important thing.

Gorillaz wouldnt have had nearly as much presence if they were an orchestral group ft. Damon Albarn, okay so yes the music is most important but for Gorillaz its far from the only thing that matters

VASTLY SUPERIOR TO EVERYTHING GORILLAZ.
At least in my opinion.

>not taking the opporunity to call it "Sea-Sides"

I accept that opinion. Definitely the best Blur album for me

need a whole album of kids with guns
but nah this is gonna suck

too much build up hype

>really big hit
I would hope so, it'd be nice to have something blaring at me in supermarkets that's not godawful

>listening to goredditz

Not as good or cohesive as Demon Days
arguably on par with S/T but a different style
superior to Plastic Beach but I still like that album for its atmosphere rather than its songs (for the most part)

Gorillaz albums rated

>Gorillaz: 2/5
>B Sides: 1.5/5
>Demon Days: 2/5
>D Sides: 2/5
>Plastic Beach: 2/5
>The Fall: 1/5
>Do Ya Thing: 3/5

the new album is going to be mediocre

>self titled
>2/5

;^/

it's an okay album, some good songs, some filler

nothing to write home about, still it holds a place in my nostalgic heart

>DoYaThing better than any album
So this is autism

Draws cartoons once every 5 years

GRAVA TAY AY AY AY AY AYYYY

I predict it'll be

s/t = PB ≥ new album > The Fall = DD

Post collabs you hope to see in phase 4

>Young Fathers
>More MF Doom

What is this Demon Days is one of their worst albums meme

Plastic Beach>Demon Days>s/t

Don't know where to put the Fall, or if it should even be on there.

Super hyped for Phase 4, Gorillaz have gotten increasingly good with each album.

Prediction

Also, they have been saying that since Demon Days,

More like everything Blur.

king krule collab. I really hope that vic mensa doesn´t appear in the whole album.

>king krule collab
I am legitimately very, very sad that this will never happen. This would be amazing

delete this

I mean, it's a pretty damn good album.
Butt's their album that for me has more 3's & 4/5s than 5s. I think the biggest factor is that tail-end album climax - like Fire... to Demon Days - just bores me, really :|

Why would it never happen? It very well could
Though I don't give a shit about soulless u wot m8 incarnate man

>tfw no Tank Girl gf

TT is literally Gorillaz' s/t Blur version, it's obviously influenced by it as it came out in 2003 two years after the first Rillaz album.

>come up with the story for the phase
Wrong, Cass Browne does

who would win in a fight
murdoc or keef

Murdoc, easily, unless Keef can get to unplug all the machines that make him exist.

hello i am mexican

I dunno maybe damon might met archy somewhere in england.

It would be so awesome to listen to his voice making a duet with damon albarn dude, they both have this raspy but sweet british voice.
Imagine all this with some casio keyboards.

Really? I thought Jamie comes up with the story and Cass just writes the characters dialogue

Do you think Bowie did some vocals before he popped it?

Ooooh, awesome idea. I can see stuff like "Girl Loves Me" easily fitting into/being a Gorillaz track. Even a mash-up could be stellar in that case

Damon is super involved in all of the songwriting/producing despite a lot of their songs having guest performers. Watch the making of the Plastic Beach documentary on youtube, it shows him making demos of a lot of songs and working on them directly with the guest rappers

Probably. Lou Reed, Bobby Womack, Dennis Hopper and Ibrahim Ferrer all died pretty short after working with Gorillaz.
It would be great if they worked together

a Gorillaz remix of that song would be pretty excellent
But I'm fairly certain that Damon wrote a song for a Bowie collab and that he probably didn't live to record it.
Though it'd be a great surprise if it turns out he's on the record

Both Blur albums that came out after the first Gorillaz album (Think Tank & Magic Whip) sound a lot more like a Gorillaz side project than vice-versa

I like your reasoning, morbid as it is

gonna have to say keef. He is a go after all

>Get one of the greatest artists of all time that has become a semi-retired recluse over the past decade to perform on your album
>Turns out he had cancer secretly and dies after making sure no one else gets AOTY by securing his own spot a week into the year

nodistancelefttorun.mp3

the days of early 2000-s bape aesthetics are long gone, why the fuck anyone would listen to this shit now

but who could shoot more heroin?

>counting the shit sides as albums

this
the fall is shit tier

it sucks because it has such a great album cover and promising song titles but its just 45 minutes of damon fucking around on his ipad

He is right about electric shock
youtube.com/watch?v=PEamK18zGnE

There are some genuinely good tracks on it, dont understand all the hate

It is what it is, it's in a different category than their other records and it's not for everybody
Opening track is the pleb filter though, it's the worst track and probably what gives people a bad impression and makes people hate it so much
I don't listen to it much either but it's a minor release that's there for people who want it, there's definitely a few tracks I'm happy he decided to give to us in such a casual and timely manner considering how long it usually takes Gorillaz material to gestate

Nah don't get me wrong I don't hate it, I just find it really boring, especially in comparison to 3 incredible albums that have a ton of different styles in them while still being cohesive. The Fall genuinely sounds like something Damon would have uploaded on soundcloud under his own name rather than a fourth Gorillaz album

Please wipe yourself from this planet.

Which is why it was (at first) a free download an then a Record Store Day exclusive that was released with very little publicity
It's sketches, ye, but it was just a little gift to the fans rather than a major artistic statement, and he WAS on a Gorillaz tour (not a Damon one) when it was recorded. And the backstory to it (that 2D made it himself while Murdoc locked him in a room under the ocean) is pretty fitting.
I think artists are allowed to fuck around every once in a while, especially when many of the results on the album work very well considering the circumstances and limited equipment.

It's indeed difficult to rank it against the rest of their records though or even consider it a proper studio album. "Mixtape" would've pissed people off less methinks

I don't know why but i feel like that all the good songs was cut from plastic beach for some reason

Basically this. It's more like a collaborative work.

You are right
Just think of all the songs we didn't get, Leviathan, Crashing fucking down, that subdive dusk teaser song, that beautiful sounding acoustic teaser song, gorillaz versions of tree of beauty and apple carts, electric shock, I am convinced they are all better than most songs on PB

Bump

so what happened to the countdown yesterday?

youtube.com/watch?v=MfCESyFn_Dc

WTF at these vocals

lol

this is what the fall sounds like usually

The Fall = DD > s/t > ignore the other ones.

>chilling with friends
>gorillaz come up
>friends saying "yeah man i love gorillaz"
>don't personally love them but have a big history with them so there's at least a nostalgic factor
>i say "yeah some of the old stuff is still excellent - rock da house is still gold"
>"I haven't heard that one before"

the music

>ignoring their best album

Go on

All my friends listen to the latest songs on the radio. I mention Gorillaz and all they ever know is Feel Good Inc and Clint Eastwood, the latter of which I have to remind them the name of. Things got weird when I tried to play some David Bowie for them.

thanks for writing that corectly.
I DON'T PULL ME DOWN
I DON'T PULL ME DOWN ON MEEEE

prediction:
S/T=new album>The fall> DD> PB
really underwhelmed with pb, the music wasnt as good as the story and hype around it... hope that doesnt happen to the new one. Also I would be happy if this was just called "Phase 4" because of the alliteration.