Objectively the most talented and exciting artist of the 10s. Prove me wrong

Objectively the most talented and exciting artist of the 10s. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus
youtube.com/watch?v=gUxCeVupemA
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=hVB6vMm67lU
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M
youtube.com/watch?v=UiGHFYqeqck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Since she is David Letterman's illegitimate daughter, she has to have some talent, right?

=)

tumblr filename
pseudo pop
not exciting

also, that image is related

>not exciting
Get some taste then and stop being so dull.

danny is going to release AOTD tho

What is her best song? Gambang or venus in fluers for me

tell me how i'm dull
you know nothing about me user

>tumblr filename

>Make vapid, generic synthpop
>do so while being weird looking and dressing like a twee fairy
>make sure to be a girl so losers think they have a chance with you
>make sure to be as inoffensive and ambiguous as possible so you appeal to as broad an audience of tasteless losers as possible
>get called talented, exciting and an artist for working the virgins successfully
I won't hate the playa, but I absolutely hate this game.

>vapid, generic synthpop
not true btw

It is, though. There's literally nothing to her music besides copying pop music formulas.

Your post = objectively bullshit. You can't prove anything from those claims.

album of the day?

Wow you guys are terrible at spotting trolls

Yes.

>There's literally nothing to her music besides copying pop music formulas
Examples?

>not knowing what 'objectively' means
Hue

>you can't prove anything from those claims
The sheer existence of the omnipresent, Grimes waifu threads here dating back years are proof enough of everything I wrote.
Her lack of musical ability is often joked about among musicians I know - who often make a point of playing her entire songs with one hand while pressing their noses in with the other one.
And conceptually she's completely empty, there's nothing there besides "I'm a twee girl,. look at me and my weird clothes".

see: all of her music

I can see that many of her songs have a standart pop music structure, but as a person who listens mostly to pop I can assume you that she's unique in some way, plus every album she makes is different from previous, and has different influences. She's definitely not the most experimental pop artist, but she's not vapid or generic either.

assure*

>Objectively

Vapid refers to the ideas she intends to convey and works towards getting across.
She doesn't really do that at all, she's entirely a conventional radio act put under a twee filter.

I'm not saying I dislike her or anyone else should, I'm just saying there's literally nothing special about her at all.

>The sheer existence of the omnipresent, Grimes waifu threads here dating back years are proof enough of everything I wrote.
That proves nothing regarding her music. It only proves an interest about her as an artist. Try again. Maybe you should start with the critics' opinions about her music.

>Her lack of musical ability is often joked about among musicians I know - who often make a point of playing her entire songs with one hand while pressing their noses in with the other one.
I don't know what musicians do you know (maybe mediocre or bad ones, like you) but anyone that knows some stuff about music likes her. Want examples? The Avalanches, Elton John, Hayley of Paramore, Shirley Manson, Purity Ring, M83, St. Vincent, Sky Ferreira, Chelsea Wolfe, Taylor Swift, Julian Casablancas, M.I.A., Flying Lotus, Nigel Godrich, Madonna, Janelle Monae, Beyonce.

>And conceptually she's completely empty, there's nothing there besides "I'm a twee girl,. look at me and my weird clothes".
You didn't listen to her music. I'm 100% sure about that.

>She doesn't really do that at all, she's entirely a conventional radio act put under a twee filter.
If she's that conventional, explain why she's so much discussed, why she's so appreciated by listeners, artists, critics? Do you really believe a conventional artist would generate such heated discussions?

>I'm not saying I dislike her or anyone else should, I'm just saying there's literally nothing special about her at all.
Who else is like her, then? Someone able to do songs ranging from Oblivion to Scream, from Dream Fortress to Kill V. Maim? Please name at least one artist.

You can't start throwing around words like 'objective' when you clearly have an agenda. You've seen an opposing point and have chosen to respond with full defense mode nonsense.

>(maybe mediocre or bad ones, like you)
This projecting. I'm not a musician at all, I've released an EP once, but it was part of an installation I did. I do know plenty of legitimate musicians, though, a bizarre project some of my friends are in are playing right now, even.

>anyone that knows some stuff about music likes her
Liking has nothing to to with criticism or objective discussion. 'Liking' is subjective and I like er as well, she's just not in any way notable at all.

>I'm 100% sure about that
The only thing you're 100% about is how much of a waifufag you are, m8.

She's discussed because she's been heavily marketed and, as such, she's positioned to be discussed. Also, a lot of discussion about her is based in how she began the trend of labels marketing a not so attractive girl and marketing her as cute making her an important footnote in discussing all of that.

>who else is like her, then?
If you squash any pop star girl's face, replace all of their instrumentation with synths and tell them to listen to Air and Mariah Carey over the weekend you'll accomplish the same sound.

>She's discussed because she's been heavily marketed and, as such, she's positioned to be discussed.
Marketed by whom? Or you're just talking out of your ass without any evidence? Prove it.

>Also, a lot of discussion about her is based in how she began the trend of labels marketing a not so attractive girl and marketing her as cute making her an important footnote in discussing all of that.
You're talking out of your ass here. Where did you see such discussion? Look now on the current /grimes/ thread or the archive and show me specific examples to prove your claim.

>If you squash any pop star girl's face, replace all of their instrumentation with synths and tell them to listen to Air and Mariah Carey over the weekend you'll accomplish the same sound.
If scenario! But that artist existed before Grimes, and even now?! That's the thing: nobody else did her thing. Nobody mixed Aphex Twin with Mariah Carey with Air with Cocteau Twins with Kraftwerk and with kpop. That's why she's special.

>she's entirely a conventional radio act put under a twee filter

how are these song radio friendly?
youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI (inb4: google what CKUT.ca is)
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus
youtube.com/watch?v=gUxCeVupemA
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ

>there's literally nothing special about her at all

same person also made these songs:
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=hVB6vMm67lU
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M
youtube.com/watch?v=UiGHFYqeqck

yeah, really nothing special
I can understand that her fanbase is being annoying (the reason why this particular thread exists), and is full of waifufags, that's why trolls pushed this "grimes is bad/nothing special/ugly" meme, but you don't have to believe in every meme on this board.

Marketed by her label, who are why you even know about her. Obviously.

Waifu threads on this website don't constitute discussion in the sense you think they do. And loads of manlets fawning over a girl and saying she's great is hardly high level criticism and cultural theory. The thread spoke about her as a significant figure and the only significance she has is being the start of the 'ugly girls and synths' movement. It's like the way loads of bands that sounded like Grandaddy and The Thrills appeared in the mid-2000s. It's a weird fad we're in.

>She's special because she took some stuff and did it all at the same time
No, not at all. She doesn't bring anything to the table herself, she's like a wedding singer at a Pitchfork reviewer's wedding who deciding to sing everything at the same time but remove all of the actually worthwhile parts from all the songs and replace them with something she got from 'beginners synth for twee girls'. There's nothing of value to music or the arts to gain from Grimes. She incorporates the same things about pop music than make every pop music track enjoyable and that's literally all there is to her, from an objective standpoint.
I have all her stuff, I don't dislike her, but she's bottom of the barrel as far as any sort of musical or artistic value is concerned.

>autistic post from guy who has masterbated to Grimes more times than he's spoken to a real female
Thanks for you impartial, unbiased, completely objective input. I can see you put a lot of effort into that post, more effort than you bothered to put into actually taking the points you're replying to into account or actually trying to make an argument so I will act as you have and ignore everything you're trying to say.
Since you completely refused to actually read what I wrote I'd be a fool to give you as much of a response as I've made for you anyway.

10 years from now Grimes won't be looked at like Duchamp, or Sun Ra. Cyndi Lauper at best.

>Since you completely refused to actually read what I wrote I'd be a fool to give you as much of a response as I've made for you anyway.

I've read it, and I replied to exact phrases. Isn't that obvious?

Seems like was nothing more than bait, and I just wasted my time. Fuck you too, man.

>tho

quit typing like a faggot

hey

>You can't start throwing around words like 'objective' when you clearly have an agenda. You've seen an opposing point and have chosen to respond with full defense mode nonsense.
You post only nonsense with zero support. Your arguments are weak as thin ice. Only vague claims and bullshitting. My agenda is to combat people like you.

>This projecting. I'm not a musician at all, I've released an EP once, but it was part of an installation I did. I do know plenty of legitimate musicians, though, a bizarre project some of my friends are in are playing right now, even.
In a word, you're a nobody. Why should I care about your opinions? Give me a reason.

>Liking has nothing to to with criticism or objective discussion. 'Liking' is subjective and I like er as well, she's just not in any way notable at all.
Seriously? Judging music is subjective and it's very related to the concept of 'liking'. If you believe the criticism is objective you're a major deluded dumbass.

>The only thing you're 100% about is how much of a waifufag you are, m8.
Look at the definition of waifufag first. You're embarrassing.

>rosa
Damn it grimes why can't you go back to that style? It was perfect

Listen to the music before expressing your opinion about it next time.

Good post. Anyone that claims Grimes is just a popstar should listen to these songs. There may be some surprises.

>10 years from now Grimes won't be looked at like Duchamp, or Sun Ra. Cyndi Lauper at best.
Now you're a prophet? Lmao! You're a joke user, I'm not going to waste my time replying to an idiot like you. Believe what you want to believe, it will not change anything about how Grimes is regarded by the music world and listeners.

>everyone who likes her music has masterbated to her

>masterbaited