Dungeon synth

hey guys i just finished DMing ing my first D&D campaign with my roommates. Can we talk about dungeon synth?

what's your favorite release?
what are some good releases from this year?
how do you feel about black metal?

Other urls found in this thread:

thangorodrimsynth.bandcamp.com/album/towers-of-the-teeth
youtube.com/watch?v=TD5LDua40i8
youtube.com/watch?v=L9GEq1FHg-k
thangorodrimsynth.bandcamp.com/music
sequesteredkeep.bandcamp.com/
galdur.bandcamp.com/
vindkaldr.bandcamp.com/
dungeonlorefoundation.bandcamp.com/album/king-in-the-mountain-2
dungeonlorefoundation.bandcamp.com/album/auf-der-bergstra-e
darknasty.bandcamp.com/releases
akirarabelais.bandcamp.com/album/caduceus
chaucerianmyth.bandcamp.com/album/the-canterbury-tales
erang.bandcamp.com/album/tome-ii
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'll bump a few times with charts

Thangorodrim is the only dungeon synth from this year I've listened to
thangorodrimsynth.bandcamp.com/album/towers-of-the-teeth
I like it, just because I generally prefer dungeon synth to be a denser in terms of layering of sounds rather than the more 'ambient' stuff. Also black metal is good

Is Dungeon Synth it's own genre? I can't see it being a sub-genre of Dark Ambient or Black Metal.

>Thangorodrim
damn dude this is awesome. thanks for the rec. dungeon synth is such a prosperous genre it's hard to keep track of releases

I've always kind of considered it to be a subgenre of dark ambient music that is informed by black metal aesthetics, and sometimes other things like medieval folk music

Im trying to make dungeon synth but Im having trouble making it sound dark. should I use more dissonance?

What style of medieval music is it based on?

idk. i hesitate to call it its own genre seeing that it's so heavily inspired by dark ambient, black metal, and medieval folk music. but i guess that combination is pretty unique in the first place

>a subgenre of dark ambient music that is informed by black metal aesthetics

black ambient tho

use minor scales my man. also lots of half-step transitions; like in black metal.

what program are you using?

Is Mirdautas Vras dungeon synth

after trying this song, i'd say it is
youtube.com/watch?v=TD5LDua40i8

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=L9GEq1FHg-k

>Is Dungeon Synth it's own genre?
Dungeon synth is, forest ambient is not.
The stuff on the pic here is just dungeon synth.

PROTIP: GO TO GOOGLE, SEARCH DUNGEON SYNTH WALL WK, ENTER LINK AND SHIT BRIX

>forest ambient
wow that's dumb

there is also winter synth, most of wynter synth albums are a new genre, some of those are just dungeon synth albums (some winter synth albums are wrongly called dungeon synth)

what's the difference between winter synth and dungeon synth?

Are there any similar albums to pic related? It's my favourite dungeon synth album but I can't find anything quite like it

are there any specific qualities that you like about it? it would be easier to make recs that way

mostly the warm, vibrant sound of the synths, it doesn't feel as cold as most dungeon synth I've listened

this is pretty similar

Just got Fullmoon Over Faerhaaven and Temple Forest on cassette. Props to the user who mentioned that last one in the previous thread.

I feel like all the existing DS charts only have a small handful of albums, it'd be good to make a larger more comprehensive one.

>I feel like all the existing DS charts only have a small handful of albums, it'd be good to make a larger more comprehensive one.
i agree. and pic related should be on it

I feel like Paysage d'Hivers "Die Festung" is the perfect example of Dungeon Synth. It isn't as medieval and classically influenced. However it is still ambient, cold, and similar aesthetically to black metal.

Shit m8, this is ace.

This is phenomenal, but how do you download?

Mortiis is still unmatched to this day.

Nothing's coming up for me.

It's the third link for me, from a site called vk dot com

lol
vk is V-Kontakte, the Russian version of Facebook

I thought as much. Anyways, I can't seem to get a download for any of these albums.

just got back from a party and i was reminded just how much of a pathetic outcast i am and how strongly i hate my peers. dungeon synth for this feel?

Lamentation

>latest meme genre loved by memers

fuck this gay earth

this genre has been around for as long as there have been synths available for purchase, you boiled egg

thangorodrimsynth.bandcamp.com/music

sequesteredkeep.bandcamp.com/

galdur.bandcamp.com/

vindkaldr.bandcamp.com/

dungeonlorefoundation.bandcamp.com/album/king-in-the-mountain-2

dungeonlorefoundation.bandcamp.com/album/auf-der-bergstra-e

darknasty.bandcamp.com/releases

akirarabelais.bandcamp.com/album/caduceus

Dungeon synth is older than you, fuckwit.

>latest fuckhead airs out his idiocy through idiot memes
Fuck this gay nigger

>>latest meme genre loved by memers
This genre already existed in the 80s
Its not like we are talking about vaporwave, tonefield, wtich house...

>I thought as much. Anyways, I can't seem to get a download for any of these albums.

>This is phenomenal, but how do you download?
I dont think you can, but you can listen to every single song in a streaming way of every album on the list, its a good way to try many dungeon synth albums in a easy as hell way

Lmao of course ds is old genre its just a new meme here at mu and all of you plebs can fuck off

>dungeon synth
>new at Cred Forums
wat

Thanks for these

getting awfully defensive for someone who has no clue what they are talking about

This looks cool:

chaucerianmyth.bandcamp.com/album/the-canterbury-tales

I like to defend things i like

Elffor > Mortiis

from whom?
People who like them too?

As long as there's no dumb youtube e-celeb who makes an ebin meme tutorial video about dungeon synth, we'll be safe.

Why isn't there more love for Erang around here? His music, and especially his Tome albums, are really top tier imo.

erang.bandcamp.com/album/tome-ii

I love Erang but he's the first thing that pops up when you search dungeon synth so there's no real need to bring him up;
Also he should hire someone more competent to paint his artworks.

Post some /comfy/ dungeon synth art

or spooky it doesn't really matter

This is fucking cool. i listened to the whole thing last weekend while hiking through the hills of eastern Styria. Really cool experience.

Fantastic

cool your jets hot shot
it's not a meme just yet

>Lmao of course ds is old genre its just a new meme here at mu and all of you plebs can fuck off

It became a meme for few weeks, 2 years ago or something, but now its a normal thing.
It specifically started when some guy, posted dungeon synth name on a thread about something else, and I (and others) start to search (problably curious about the name) and post about it on the same thread.
Then it became a meme for few weeks and it faded out, then it became a normal thing here.