Bloc Party

What went wrong Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzZQJZdcCU4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2g5AcA4aU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=dzZQJZdcCU4
this is so goooooood maanee

Silent Alarm is a better record than most bands ever have, I'm cool with that being their legacy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2g5AcA4aU
I genuinely laughed out loud when I first heard the guitar/synth bit

Literally fell asleep just listening to this

>3 white people
>3 men
>no Asian

really? REALLY!?

who the fuck knows, even 'Four' was a great album, don't know how it's possible to produce one of the worst albums ever made four years after that

probably because Matt and Gordon left the band. you won't be very good if your bass player looks like a gay surfer boy, your guitarist starts working out and your drummer is a fucking girl

U MAD cracka?

silent alarm is one of my top 3 favorite albums of all time.
4 was a nice return.

the new members and last album were a shock and I literally felt sick hearing the new material. It's so genuinely bad. I didn't even listen to the whole song that came out just this or last week.

>yeah so the concept for your lead single video is a bunch of people spazzing out at the mall

Don't you mean 2 white men?

Their first EP and Silent Alarm are the best. Then they went downhill fast with the "electronic indie dance" garbage. Thats what went wrong.

They stopped making rock music.

This, although I'd say Weekend in the City's B sides was pretty stellar too, but iirc a chunk of those songs were supposed to be on Silent Alarm.

My theory is Kele got way too caught up in the party scene and continually wanted to ram trance into the band, where it peaked painfully with Intimacy being a drab attempt at EDM shit.

Also I cannot get into Four. Had 2-3 stellar songs, but the rest of the album has no direction. Almost like those couple of songs was an attempt to get nostalgia sales from people who loved their Silent Alarm sound. I assume that failed, which is why their drummer and bassist left, and the remaining band continued on with EDM alt rock shit.

No idea why Russel stayed, dude isn't a terrible guitarist, he must feel backstaged by his lack of use.

What went right.

Russ and Kele call the shots. Make no mistake, he enjoys and supports this new direction as much as Kele, maybe even more so.

gay niggah ruining the band that he made great
became a stereotype with all the shitty ass edm

It's gone wrong for nearly all of their peers, so I guess it only makes sense.

You sure about that? Everything about him screams cuck to me

>cuck
dank meme bro xD

I don't understand

Their first two albums are excellent, the pinnacle of indie rock. Intimacy was a step down, and wasn't very good at all. I actually enjoyed Four very much, was a decent album with a lot of great tracks. Hymns was fucking horrible, a piece of shit that should've never been made. Kele's solo career is actually good though. I loved Trick.

comfy music aye senpai?

Is that the og black singer? Homeboy got swole af