Is it true that Grimes is the new Bjork?

Is it true that Grimes is the new Bjork?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/music/biophilia/bjork
metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes
metacritic.com/music/vulnicura/bjork
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
baeblemusic.com/musicblog/1-19-2016/is-grimes-the-true-spiritual-successor-to-david-bowie.html
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on
papermag.com/grimes-jimmy-fallon-flesh-without-blood-1778648997.html
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>le "X is new Y" meme

It's an old meme.

Grimes is fucking hideous don't compare her to the god tier icelandic waifu

If you say Grimes is hideous you must that Bjork is too. As you can see on the image above, they look kinda similar. The joke's on (you).

Bjork doesn't look like a bridge troll, throw that bait in the garbage cunt.

Have you seen a pic of Grimes without perfect lighting, angle and functions of make up?
She's literally a goblin.

it's a meme you dip

I feel deeply deeply triggered, your bait was a success

Also I think Grimes should be locked in single shithole like kpop

Their music is not even comparable. Comparing her mediocre music to bjorks is laughable.

>Also I think Grimes should be locked in single shithole like kpop
why?

yes and bjork is the new kate bush because there is only one type of female artist

>her mediocre music
Who said that? The critics apparently really love her music. Also to my ears her music is fantastic.

because of retarded fanbase of course, her music is just mediocre and boring, but her fanbase consider it perfect + waifufagging
so they are basically one level lower than kanyefags

Why so mad user? What Grimes did it to you to hate her so much?

I don't hate Grimes and I also don't hate kpop, it's just fanbase shitting all over our beloved Cred Forums thing

>but her fanbase consider it perfect
But what if they are right? What if you're wrong? What do you say about this?

And by the way, it's their right to consider it in whatever way they want. Freedom of speech exists for a reason.

>I don't hate Grimes and I also don't hate kpop
>Also I think Grimes should be locked in single shithole like kpop
Explain this paradox.

she's the real new bjork

>because of retarded fanbase of course
there are lots of annoying fanbases, I don't think Grimes' fanbase is something special, it's in one line with DG, Kanye, Bjork, etc

>her music is just mediocre and boring
That's subjective
>inb4: le music is subjective meme

>but her fanbase consider it perfect
means that her fanbase actually cares about her music, while kpop is a pure waifufagging

>waifufagging
>

have you ever been in /grimes/ and /kpop/?

>waifufagging
Every beautiful female artist is subjected to waifufagging on Cred Forums. Even your beloved Bjork (in fact even more than Grimes). That's the way things are, it's not something specific to Grimes.

Yes. On /grimes/ there are real fans that discuss her music and life. On the other hand there are also loads of shitposters and creeps that try everything they could to ruin the thread. It's not Grimes' fault, so I don't get why do you hate her.

Grimes is slightly above average - highly overrated

Bjork is an artist - She's a legend whether you like her or not

She's not. She had some ugly haircuts in the past. Tbch those haircuts would make anyone to look ugly. But she's actually very pretty: people care about her image and she had many fashion shots.

>critics like it so it's good

Yeah kill yourself you dumb waifufag. Also come back to me when grimes has more critical acclaim, respect, and awards than Bjork.

>critics like it so it's good
>Also come back to me when grimes has more critical acclaim, respect, and awards than Bjork.
You contradicted yourself, retarded waifufag. The second sentence is based on what you just dismissed (critics acclaim).

>when grimes has more critical acclaim
Let's compare their latest 2 albums:

Biophilia - 79 Metascore
metacritic.com/music/biophilia/bjork

Visions - 80 Metascore
metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes

Vulnicura - 87 Metascore
metacritic.com/music/vulnicura/bjork

Art Angels - 88 Metascore
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes

Grimes > latter day Bjork

>respect, and awards than Bjork.
She's newer dumbfuck. But she's on the right path.

Fuck you.

>Every beautiful female artist is subjected to waifufagging on Cred Forums.
and Grimes too

>Every beautiful female artist is subjected to waifufagging
not only female btw

>and Grimes too
She isn't beautiful?

I don't get it. You haters say she's ugly but also that she's a waifu. It's a paradox: it's like saying you're in the house and out of house at the same time. Make up your mind.

>trolls comparing other people to trolls...

>goblin

You're mad, so you are trolled, cunt. He he he he he!

Why the Bjork fanboys get so defensive about this comparison? It's just music ffs, a bunch of sounds.

Who would you consider to be just average, then? Because "above average" only means something when you have multiple other things to compare it to.

>Bjork is an artist
So is Grimes - both in terms of music and purely visual art (that's how she got started.)

And as for the legend part, legends develop over time. It's taken Bjork approximately 39 years of releasing albums to get to where she is today. In contrast Grimes has managed to make it where she currently is after only 6.

are you trying to prove that she isn't a goblin or is because this picture just proves the latter even more

björk has accomplished way more in those 39 years than grimes has in six. grimes has not "made it", unless you consider being on the radio and becoming mainstream = made it

Was gonna mention that too. Seriously - go take a gander at a Thom Yorke thread some time if you doubt me.

>missing the point completely

Yes
>goblin

>björk has accomplished way more in those 39 years than grimes has in six.
Not that user, but the point was that Grimes accomplished a lot in just 6 years. Just the fact she started to be compared with the greats it's an accomplishment*.

Of course that Bjork accomplished more in 39 years, but Grimes advanced way quicker in those 6 years.

*I'm gonna post this from the archive (not written by me):

The thing is - apart from being the Björk of her generation - Grimes is also the David Bowie of her generation:
baeblemusic.com/musicblog/1-19-2016/is-grimes-the-true-spiritual-successor-to-david-bowie.html

And the Prince of her generation:
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on

And the Beethoven of her generation:
papermag.com/grimes-jimmy-fallon-flesh-without-blood-1778648997.html

And - perhaps most aptly imo - the Kurt Cobain of her generation:
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

All of which is to say that, with so many apt comparisons to be made between Grimes and such a diverse list of musical luminaries, the only real conclusion you can make is that she must also share in the one thing that all these other people had in common - raw talent.

GOBLINFUCKERS FUCK OFF

Yeah but those 4 artists are good, popular and memorable.
They are not shit producing goblins that will be forgotten/unknown by everyone outside of /mu

The point, my dear goblin-obsessed troll-user, is that - either way - she stands to be in very good company.

>They are not shit producing goblins that will be forgotten/unknown by everyone outside of /mu
Get out off Cred Forums for a while and see how appreciated is Grimes outside of Cred Forums. Cred Forums means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

>shit producing goblins
Ad hominem attacks, a sure way to make you look like a fool.

Ricardo López will kill you in hell dude.
You should watch your mouth.

>Yeah but those 4 artists are good, popular and memorable.
Exactly.

>They are not shit producing goblins that will be forgotten/unknown by everyone outside of /mu
Which is precisely how we know that the above things don't apply to her - especially since all of the above-quoted sources come from outside /mu. It's called logic.

>implying that I'm going to hell
Stay chill, Ricardo.

It's not an ad hoenheim argument you fuckwit.
The point was that she has made it because she has been compared to those four, I'm saying that the people who compared her to them and concluded that she was their peer are morons.

>ad hoenheim
Lmao.

Ad hominem attacks on her persona, dipshit. You don't have any arguments to support your crappy claims, so you insulted her.

>The point was that she has made it because she has been compared to those four, I'm saying that the people who compared her to them and concluded that she was their peer are morons.
Because you say so? Who are you? A moron saying crap on a Sumerian ice cream board?

No, she's the new Kate Bush.

Vulnicura is better than anything grimes has ever done. Fuck metacritic.

>Vulnicura is better than anything grimes has ever done.
That album is so boring and lifeless. Here's your big fat (You).

>Fuck metacritic.
Yeah right. Fuck metacritic when their scores don't align with your opinions... By the way, blame the actual reviewers, not metacritic. They just did an average of ratings delivered by other reviewers (P4K, The Guardian, Spin, whatever).

Can't I like both?

Of course. I do the same. Related to your picture: how gorgeous Grimes looks in that thumbnail...

I'm not even a Bjork fan and I'm triggered by this comparison. She's hot, has a ludicrously good singing voice, and makes some interesting music. Grimes is a goblin who makes shit.

>I'm not even a Bjork fan
Stop lying.

>Describes real people with terms made up to describe fictional creatures
>Expects to be taken seriously

What's a good first CD to listen to for Björk? She has like 9.
I've never heard anything she's done.

bump!

Björk was way bigger 6 years into her career than Grimes is now though

homogenic

>Years active: 1987–present
Seriously? Did you forget about Kukl and The Sugarcubes? 6 years into her career she barely released Debut. And we can all agree than any Grimes album is better than Debut (and than any other album of her for that matter).

And speaking of "bigger" you seem to forget that those were different times. These days is way harder to make an impact when everything has been done before and there are millions of artists (way more than in the '90s). Not counting the fact that Grimes is an indie artist while Bjork had the support of major labels.

Considering all that, Grimes did the most she could to be popular. On Cred Forums she succeeded a lot. The most discussed female artist on Cred Forums? Grimes.

>These days is way harder to make an impact
Except that distribution pre-internet was a nightmare - actually getting someone to hear your shit was really difficult. Also, campus radio has never been short of special snowflakes, and that's where people had to start back then.