>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed) (embed)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVO1ub4oPqg
youtu.be/EyCrmk9c3H8
strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-uppsala-internationella-guitar-festival-competition-2016/?contest=contest-condition
youtube.com/watch?v=c-yWc-ThPwo
youtu.be/gqlc7yVjo5A
gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/SG-Faded.aspx#SGSCWBCH1
youtube.com/watch?v=K6B9XQ4uIyE
youtube.com/watch?v=GL1MtiZQ9ns
ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-LP-100-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-Sunburst/201662925402?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20160323102634&meid=f8d317bc0c024ef4b41c5b2ededaa266&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=201414678539#viTabs_0
amazon.com/AP2AC-amPlug-AC30-Guitar-Headphone/dp/B00NAUHX1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474846173&sr=8-1&keywords=vox headphone amp
youtu.be/0140OWvZkKY
youtu.be/p7hC9bH2_f0
ebay.com/itm/GHS-Strings-345-Silk-and-Steel-Light-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-10-42-/251864887662?hash=item3aa451316e:g:DHgAAOSwqu9U9hSH
ultimate-guitar.com/
guitardownunder.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=L1R4NH3Q7ww
youtube.com/watch?v=ApGBLT39FCo
clyp.it/q2bp5dle
tommyemmanuel.wordpress.com/chet-atkins/
vocaroo.com/i/s0U4317H01c3
youtu.be/KL8-dUdNEJc
youtube.com/watch?v=Qu4stiFwzSM
youtu.be/CpJNUGHxC3M
youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=CVO1ub4oPqg

>dont have a job
>cant afford to buy new equipment

>get a job
>no time to play new equiptment

>get into college
>no time to play anything
>no money to buy anything

>work at McDonald's
>have enough money to get gear and have a place to live
>have enough time to play

You just suck

not if your in school too

>don't have a job
>no money, but all the time in the world to play
>creativity and inspiration runs low quickly
>don't play much

>have job
>have money, less time to play
>have to make the most of my time
>inspiration levels go up
>playing is more fun and satisfying

(_\ヽ
\\ .Λ_Λ.
\( ˇωˇ)
> ⌒ヽ
/ へ\
/ / \\
レ ノ ヽ_つ
/ /
/ /|
( (ヽ
| |、\
| 丿 \ ⌒)
| | ) /
`ノ ) Lノ
(_/

What's everyone favourite chord?

Mine would have to be E minor, it's one of the first I learnt and it's so simple I can be simple in anywhere

The P chord.

>not if your in school too
>if your in school
>your
r u in school??

This is nice.

probably something like sus4add9 or some weird bullshit, I'm a dumb speeshul snowflake that thinks major seconds and fourths are more interesting but can't write for shit, probably for the same reason

THE FUCK NIGGA WHY YOU PLAYIN ME WIT THAT GAY SHIT NIGGA

Pic related for 25,90 euros. Yes or not?

>work at McDonalds

>26 euros
I feel like it's probably shitty but I don't know

Used of course

youtu.be/EyCrmk9c3H8

They just released an inexpensive version of that guitar. Kind of want one.

Ayo lads. Just got my Fender P-Bass, can't really figure out what strings to put on it. I'm going for the old school Motown, soul, rnb sound.

>Fender flats
>La Bella flats
>Thomastik flats

Which ones do you reckon would be the superior choice?

La Bellas sound super mellow out of the box, which is probably what you want for that Motown vibe.
I personally like Daddario chromes since they're more versatile but that's not exactly what you're looking for I guess.

E7 right now

Normally its just A5

Jamerson used LaBella, so I would go with that. If you want to go full smooth tho get on those Rotosound 88's lad

Looking for a decent Bass under $750 AUD, so, about $550 USD.

Was looking at the Squier Classic Vibe 70's P Bass, previously owned a Squier CV 60's Strat and it was an excellent guitar, bought it over the MIM Strats I tried.

Crucify me.

1/3

2/3

>under $550
>decent

Has /gg/ entered I'm the strandberg contest?
strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-uppsala-internationella-guitar-festival-competition-2016/?contest=contest-condition

3/3

Just for home use, recordings and such.

Are Danelectro's memes?

>play with tortex green triangles for years
>open up my pick box to see what's in it
>find old fender heavy's
>why do these sound so good? why did I stop using them?
>start going through picks
>none sound as good as tortex or fender's
>pull a gator grip up
>sounds way better then both
>look them up
>don't come in triangles
>i already burned through a fender pick

Why live?

>Over-compressed audio

No.

Get a MIM instead of squire, I have both and the MIM is a far superior instrument. I'm sure you can find one in your price range. If you can find a MIJ in your price range and it feels nice, go for that.

Good man, i hope you're working on your legato

hey /gg/ what do you think of bigsby bridges? also would a schecter corsair be a good choice for a first semihollow? specs look good to me, I would probably swap the pickups though

Who's the old cunt posing with Dave Murrays Guitar?

>hey /gg/ what do you think of bigsby tailpeices?
fix'd

They're very subtle compared to a floyd/strat trem and apparently terrible to restring. I feel the arm gets in the way when I'm strumming chords, but I've never owned a guitar that has one; might be an adjustment thing.

hmm yeah I think there is a hardtail version of this model too, might be best to consider that instead.

Jazz III Ultex. The best pick ever made.

Dave got old

He'll still wreck your face though

youtube.com/watch?v=c-yWc-ThPwo

tfw I haven't seen maiden yet and bruce dicky might die anytime soon because cancer takes away everything I love.

YES
Thank you user for making me feel less lonely. These things are awesome, they're thick as fuck, tiny and curved, and make it even easier than regular old jazz III

isn't his cancer in remission now ?
anyway, it's useless saying that but Maiden is great live, they put on an actual show.

m8 his cancer went away last year, i saw them a few months back and he was on top form

lemmy died, nothing is impossible

I've been neglecting to emulate my first real guitar hero.

I meant for bass, but I don't like the way Ultex sounds either way unless I'm playing brutal meal.

Lemmy ate whisky for breakfast and brushed his teeth with speed, Bruce's nowhere near that hardcore
if anything it's more a surprise that Lemmy stayed alive that long
Not that I'm going to complain, the only time I saw Motorhead was 6 months before he died.

>Had to miss out the opening of the Bad Magic tour in SF cause college
>Tfw it was one of the handful of shows he played before the tour was canceled to breathing issues, and 3 months before he died
Genuine regret I'm always gonna have for not going, and double whammy I didn't pass the class

Is the Ibanez RG line good?

I want to get an RG652AHM

Try one for yourself before buying. A lot of people find Wizard necks to be straight up unplayable.

I don't play guitar but I have played bass for a few years, albeit casually and shittilly, but enough to impress normies. If I want to start playing guitar do i really need to work though the entire beginner course of justinguitar? A lot of the stuff is new to me, but mind numbingly easy and boring. Any tips for a bassfag to learn guitar quickly?

The RG line's super broad, it goes from super garbage (GIO) to top notch (prestige).
like says, the wizard neck is a bit peculiar, it's probably the flattest electrical neck on the market, and at the same time it's very thin.
Personally I prefer the S, it's the same, but the body is thinner. But they sometimes either cost more or don't exist (see the case of 8 strings, there was only one S series 8 string and it's discontinued now)

I thoroughly regret pausing David Bowie's newly released album to listen to that shit.

Cadd9 is the most beautiful chord ever. I will fight you.

X23022

>thoughts on pic related (Yamaha rbx304) for a first bass? I'm completely new and have about 300 euro to spend. Also any suggestions for a decent bedroom amp for around 100 euro? Am I autistic?

Don't know how I managed to greentext that post, was an accident

And yes, I mean the Yamaha trbx304 not the rbx304. I really must be autistic

I am butt bothered /gg/. Order Ltd. B series bass, bass arrives with the most ridiculously poor setup i have ever encountered. Truss rod was cranked way too tight and bridge saddles too low as well. Buzzy everywhere. So i take an hour to salvage the thing and get it in playable order. Plug it in to amp, no signal on bridge pup. Neck pup okay. Battery okay.

ESP doesn't do quality control now? Geez.

Sending it back and exchanging for a Mexican Fender. Try something different, i thought. There are other affordable basses i thought. Boo.

>barely picked up guitar in the past two weeks
>tfw you don't know if you don't like your piece of shit guitar or if you just don't like guitar itself and just want to play bass instead
feels like shit to be clear

I'm not familiar with those but recommend taking a trip to music store and trying out several. With cheap instruments the biggest concern is comfort. All of them have mediocre pickups and tone quality variation isn't considerable (you can upgrade these easily in future). So find the one that feels best in your hands, check online reviews just to see if there are any major faults with the one you like, then go from there.

D Activator X > X2N

mini dreadnought guitar bros ww@

Ha. I know this feel. I have taken extended multi-year breaks a couple times in the 20 years i have been playing. Sometimes it helps to take a lengthy break and come back to it, see if the spark returns.

Yeah good shout I'm heading to a music shop tomorrow to try cut a deal with the owner and I'll make sure to try out as much as possible in my price range. Reviews of the trbx304 seem pretty great across the board

>Looking for a chorus
>read about how the boss ce-1 is THE BEST chorus
>buy one for 400 dollars
>dont like the way it sounds out my my DSL40C
>never bothered looking at any other chorus including a ce2 which is a lot cheaper
Did I done goof?

Just keep playing you lazy ass.

>wahh I need one more piece of equipment until I'll finally start playing.
Disgusting.

Enjoy

youtu.be/gqlc7yVjo5A

>X23022
That's G7

there never was any spark to speak of, I was just really satisfied by nailing tough songs and such, but these days it doesn't feel the same and I don't know why, I'll pick my guitar up, noodle through a few songs and just get bored halfway through.

>>wahh I need one more piece of equipment until I'll finally start playing.
A whole different instrument is not a "piece of equipment" and I was already playing 2-3 hours a day before. I know my shit plank so good I could probably build it again from scratch, with the same level of un-craftsmanship.

A G7 is 320001

Is it possible to upgrade a Korean Ibanez to MIJ quality? Replace pickups. Anything else?

Sure that's one voicing.

Whys Cred Forums never talk about Jimmy and Zeppelin

All right, you pedantic fuck.
A G7 consists of the notes G B D F.

The chord cadd9 has the notes C E G D, which fit in the X32022 shape.

Yeah but that's not the shape user posted. And also there isn't an F in G7.

Oops I mean there is an F, fuck me

Did you buy your guitar from a Chinese market for 12$ or what?

Because this is /gg/ which means good goyim so we are only allowed to talk about buying the newest overpriced shit.

>Did you buy your guitar from a Chinese market for 12$ or what?
well if I went to china that's probably what I would have paid for it

There most certainly is an F in G7, G with an F# would be Gmaj7

Yeah that's why I corrected myself half a second later.

Saw that sorry

You're still wrong, you have a c# in your chord. Cadd9 is x30030 or x32030 or x32033 or even x30010.

ANYWAY MY FUCKING POINT IS THAT THE FIRST user POSTED G7

HE POSTED [ B F G D G ]

How did you guys learn guitar? Do I really need to grind on Justin guitar if I know how to play the bass already? Pls help

Y'all niggas need more strings

I played Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit shit as well as I could figure out by ear, then I threw all that away and started learning Iron Maiden and Metallica songs using ear and tabs. Then I got tired of not knowing why certain things sound good and other things don't and I bought a scale book and learned the major scale and all its modes as 3 note per string shapes across the neck.

If you're talking about the x23022 chord that could be a G7, but it has a flat 5.

What does knowing how to play the bass have to do with learning guitar?

>what kind of instrument do you want ?
>scoliosis

That's the chord I was talking about, yes.

The intervals of which are 3, b7, 1, 5, 1, uh oh shit you're right that's a flat 5 my mistake I was wrong, 1

So it's actually G7b5.

My mistake.

fuck balls my formatting and lack of proofreading

So I've been learning guitar for a while and I'm actually getting pretty good at it but I'm eager to start learning bass. Should I wait until I'm adept with guitar first, or can you pick multiple instruments at the same time?

Someone got that picture of the bass with the 1inch thick strings?

Who /solid-state/ here and who /tube/?

yes

>have job
>only work 30 hours and have lots of free time but a full weeks pay
>perfect work-life balance

>dont have huge motivation to do anything with the time other than keep the skills sharpened with light practice

/tube/ master race here. I have a MIM HSS Strat and a Vox AC15CC1 and it sounds pretty good. I want to replace the humbuckers sometime soon because they're a bit too bright, but other than that I'm satisfied.

>can you pick multiple instruments at the same time?
don't joke around with that, my buddy John tried it and he exploded everywhere, it was a mess to clean up

Is there a video where this one is played?
I can't imagine it making an actual sound.

Go buy it on eBay and make one yourself. It's been there for forever.

guitar and bass are pretty much the same

this was me a few months ago, i decided to get the bass. its fun bouncing between the two, don't think im particularly good at either yet, but when i get tired of listening to my shitty guitar playing, ill go play like shit on bass, and repeat the cycle.

shit man, thanks for letting me know

I'll make sure to stay clear

I've used both with good results on bass.

Guitar is more fussy although that depends on the tones you want to produce. Like if you just want good clean tone a solid state can do that. Solid state has a lot of trouble producing warm lightly overdriven tone. I usually insist on tube amps for guitar. Thankfully the industry has made more low wattage all tube combos and heads available at reasonable cost. For instance, just about anyone can afford a Blackstar HT-1 for home practice and recording.

>tfw no quilter micropro mach ii head

>The tuning is F, A#, D#, G#, C#, F#, B, E, A, D, G, C, F, a# and d#.
>Tuned to F000
>2 octaves below human hearing range

Anyone played one of these?

gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/SG-Faded.aspx#SGSCWBCH1

I am tempted to sell my Tele for one, assuming it has a nice chunky neck and decent pickups. Got a LP with a 50s neck and it is now my main guitar, Tele is gathering dust and I have always wanted an SG

Aren't cheap gibsons basically firewood?

Only ever played an LPJ my mate has and it is really nice minus the lack of finish. Plays great and sounds really good

Way better than the Epi LP custom I had at the time

I heard the quality control is pretty ass so you would want to play it before you buy it. Buy it off the net and you might be dissapointed with what arrives.

Not that model but i do have a 2012 LP Studio from that same line. I think they're really nice. Only fix it required was minor filing on the nut to eliminate string pinch.

It would be something unusual like a Gmaj7(#11)(#13)
Our pitch inventory is G(1) B(3) F#(maj7) C#(11) E#(13)
That's all I can really think to call it.

Or you could call it a Gmaj7(b5)(#13)

Just picked up a used 120 watt Orange Crush Pro CR120 combo for a couple hundo. Previous owner barely played it and sold it because he didn't have any room, so it's practically new.

Anyone played one before? Did I do alright?

Is that the solid state one?

If so, they are surprisingly good. Played with one a few weeks ago at a gig and was very impressed with the overdrive tone with my HSS Strat.

Pretty sweet deal

hello gg
Id like some advice to help me find my position in a jazz band. I've been the guitarist in it for a while and cant find my place.

The bass plays the root notes
The drums carry the rhythm and hits
The piano plays the crazy chord inversions and extensions
The horns play the mid-high range leads and harmony

I feel like I have no place...I tried talking to my director but he says he can't help me, other than "play on 2 and 4" and hes a guitarist himself, for 30 years, 10 in the military band...I ask the other instrumentalists and they basically say "find your own musical space" but between all the things i listed above...when I play, either I'm clashing with another instrument, or doing a poor job of what another instrument can do better. i feel like there isnt any space?? or am i missing something?

what do i play??

Are eastwood guitars any good?

Stabs.

Listen to some funk music, guitar can have a similar role in jazz band since its a backing instrument, playing chord sequences rhythmically and adding in is what its best at

Is this a good deal for $250? It's a First Act Sheena MiK with Lollar pickups. The pickup install and setup was done at the First Act factory in Boston and was owned by some metalcore frontman

Perhaps, (am I just spitballing here), maybe you are overthinking it? You are a guitarist so just be a guitarist and do your thing. Its always good that your question your input but maybe you are already on the right track?

Its not like you just are going to retrain to be a jazz drummer lmao

Yea if you can get em used for under $300 and even that's steep. You're mainly paying for the retro look. What model are you looking for in particular? I liked the Twin Tone for a cheap Blues rock guitar. The Mosrite copies really sucked

yeah in the same position man, it's hard. i've taken to just trying to play interesting chord voicings and really listen to the band, but it's hard not to clash with the piano

what's a stab?

Yeah, it's solid state.
I'm too noob at amps to know any better between solid state and tube anyway. If it sounds good it sounds good, regardless of what's under the hood.

reddit's bringing the fire today
youtube.com/watch?v=K6B9XQ4uIyE
youtube.com/watch?v=GL1MtiZQ9ns

Anyone have experience with Black Market Cabs?

>first act...not even once.

a stab is a short precussive attack. It could be a chord, it could be a single note. less often its muted strings.

I would play those, but its difficult to match with the drummer, since he seems to be throwing triplet hemiolas whenever he can...and he's playing sparsely. All the other hits are usually stolen by the piano.

Im the jazz OP btw, forgot to mention, my director doesnt let me use ANY! effects because it goes against classical jazz sound. No reverb. Not even slight overdrive. I feel like a gimped, one handed piano player.

Is it worth it if I swap the Lollars and put them on my backup V?

I owned one of these, but an older version. It was crap. M-Audio just makes it to compete at that price point and doesn't give a crap about it.

>drunkposted on Cred Forums
You already crucified yourself

Anyone else in a weird zone where they can learn the songs they want with tedious monotonous practice, but learning songs just doesn't make you feel any better, and nothing ever becomes easier to learn after any sort of milestone with another song is reached?

Anyone else want to get good at impro but hasn't got the faintest clue on where to start and is generally left frustrated after every failed attempt to a YouTube backing track or song?

Anyone else want to practice to git gud @ technique but had no idea how to put together techniques in such a way that makes songs easier to learn, or impro more interesting?

Does anyone else play like a beginner after six years of experience playing?

Does playing guitar with these same problems for years on end and no solution in sight make make anyone else just want to kys themselves?

God, I think playing guitar is my personal hell.

please comfort me dudes

am a newbie, been playing the acoustic for over a year and want to get into electric. I also want to get something that is at least a little nicer than what I am currently using, which is a piece of shit fender squier

how is this for a starter electric? It is $250
If I do not plan on upgrading for a long time, should I get one that is around $350 instead?

ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-LP-100-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-Sunburst/201662925402?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20160323102634&meid=f8d317bc0c024ef4b41c5b2ededaa266&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=201414678539#viTabs_0

also three more questions, if I plan on playing nearly exclusively (I live with other people) through headphones, does the kind of amp I get matter?

this one is a bet subjective, but is fingerpicking on electric still as fun on acoustic?

and lastly, I still want to have some kind of acoustic instrument. So long as the songs I am playing don't go beyond 12 frets, is there any downside to having a classical guitar in lieu of a steel string acoustic?

please give a newfag some advice guys, I don't have anyone IRL anymore to ask. I got a better job and lost contact with old coworkers, and also some of my friends moved away

>how is this for a starter electric? It is $250
If I do not plan on upgrading for a long time, should I get one that is around $350 instead?

I'd recommend getting one around $350. I find having a nicer instrument makes me want to practice more.

>also three more questions, if I plan on playing nearly exclusively (I live with other people) through headphones, does the kind of amp I get matter?

You could get one of those little headphone amps. amazon.com/AP2AC-amPlug-AC30-Guitar-Headphone/dp/B00NAUHX1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474846173&sr=8-1&keywords=vox headphone amp I've got one of these

>this one is a bet subjective, but is fingerpicking on electric still as fun on acoustic?

I find fingerpicking on electric pretty fun.

>and lastly, I still want to have some kind of acoustic instrument. So long as the songs I am playing don't go beyond 12 frets, is there any downside to having a classical guitar in lieu of a steel string acoustic?

I don't own a classical guitar so I wouldn't know

where should i be looking when playing?

right now i look at the fretboard to see where my fingers are, but is this bad form? i feel like my back is hunched over doing this

for $250-350 you can get a used mexican fender or epiphone standard that are a lot better than that lp100.
Amp doesnt matter if youre going to be playing exclusively through headphones. Otherwise a good amp matters more than a good guitar.

I always kind of felt this way until i changed my approach; youre probably practicing wrong bro.

Do ear training, its what helped changed my approach the most; drop tabs, learn things by ear or learn to read notation. Learn music theory. Most of all, everytime you pick up your guitar, have a goal in mind youre trying to achieve; if not you'll end up noodling around which is the equivalent of jerking off

sort of an odd question but... would it be possible to put this on a p-bass?

>a stab is a short precussive attack. It could be a chord, it could be a single note. less often its muted strings.
so just playing something staccato? is this a jazz term? i've never heard it before

as for the other stuff, i'm sure there are spots to throw in things somewhere

my director lets me use a bit of reverb but that's it

thanks guys,

two more questions, not trying to be a shitcunt but again I don't know anything about electrics

what kind of guitars should I be looking at? such as brands and models.

does a Les Paul style guitar sound different from a strat type?

what does that headphone amp do? I currently have an adapter for quarter-inch to 3.5mm, what would that thing do differently?

So, I know about Bugera's notoriety for build quality, but the price is pretty sweet.

I bought a fender greta with matching cabinet just like as pictured (minus the sticker) today in near new condition. paid $300 Canadian. Did I do okay? Any thoughts?

Yea strats have single coil pickups, they sound clean, clear and sparkly. They sound the best for a lot of clean, strumming type stuff. cheap single coils dont handle distortion well imo. Les pauls have humbuckers, which sound a bit thicker and darker; i like humbuckers better for fingerpicking.

Think hendrix, john frusciante tone for single coil. Jimmy page for les paul tone.

Squier/fender and epiphone are two of the more popular entry level brands.
Squier has 2 lines called "vintage modified", and "classic vibe", and those guitars are pretty well made.
Epiphone i would go with the les paul standards or something better.

Again I would buy used. You could also go on craigslist and search for things around your price range. Theres great guitars that are unpopular so theyre cheap. haggle people down too, usually everyones asking too much.

>for whatever reason
LOL It's not worth it.

>which sound a bit thicker and darker; i like humbuckers better for fingerpicking.

thank you so much for mentioning this, and I really mean it

I've come to enjoy fingerpicking quite a bit, and I want to transition over while still retaining what I've been enjoying most about playing guitar

Any advice on ear training when it comes to chord progressions and the harmonic function of chords?

I'm referring to the whole tonic, subdominant, dominant function of chords, and being able to figure out chord progressions.
I know some are supposed to sound more stable or whatever, but when im listening for this i always feel like im just guessing

The harmony meteor wannabe.
>700bucks new

The sound is the important part, if it's just looks I see no reason to bother even at 50 bucks.

If you put some work in it can be a lot more than decent. Get something sturdy and give it a fret job. It's easy and you'll find yourself with a bass that's as playable as it gets. Throw some pickups you like in and bam - it's a top tier bass.

I have a theory about how the tonic/dominatnt relationship works but if you really listen for it it's certainly there. If you'd really like some help I'll ask my instructor tomorrow to truly explain it and I'll get back to you. Chords also work with the dominant/tonic effect. If you have a chord that contains the tonic then it'll resolve a chord that contains a note that creates tension. Interesting post.

Nope

You shouldn't feel gimped without effects, on classical guitar you're able to emulate a lot of effects with changes in tone and classical vibrato(which is different from the typical rock vibrato).
Though electric guitar is a little tough because your tone is largely determined by pickup selection and your amp so it's hard to do it on the fly. Consider playing more often with nothing to find some nuances.

>if you really listen for it it's certainly there
I def think its a real thing, its just a bit more abstract than listening to intervals for example. My main problem is I get the gist of it but im never that sure. Maybe a better understanding of the concept, or a different view on it will help clear things up when listening.
...and a lot of practice of course.

If you can get the bridge in the right position I don't see why not. It would be more work than it's worth.

That's a steal. Don't fall for the meme fire warning. Those amps are simple enough it takes away a lot of the things 'gera can screw up. Plus you're getting the JJs.

I have that guitar and I love it. Prestiges are quality guitars. And wouldn't worry about the neck thing too much, I was used to thick-necked guitars but I adapted right away and like it better now

This video is over a decade old :(

Sure it's possible. P-bass is just a piece of wood. You can screw any hunk of metal on to it you wish. It would naturally take some fiddling, probably time consuming fiddling, to make it function in the desired way.

How keen are you to take a drill to your bass?

Six years...you're still a beginner, so you should feel like a beginner. Even when you git gud you'll still feel like you could get better; a lot of professional musicians say this (not just guitarists) but to name a few, Steve Vai, John Mayer, Art Blakey, I think even ego-maniac Yngwie said it in a youtube vid.

I would say take some time and develop your musicianship away from the guitar. If you don't know what solfege is, practice that until you know it. Practice reading rhythms. Actual sheet music rhythms. Look up "sight singing books." Spend some time on the piano with chords, major, minor, and their inversions. Learn the thumb-under technique and practice your scale runs on piano. Listen to saxophone, trumpet, piccolo, and other wind instruments online; the instruments that require breath will help you git gud at phrasing and your jams over backtracks will skyrocket. soon you'll look at backtracks like literally turds, not good enuf 4 u.

I can almost guarantee you don't know theory, so learn some of that on guitar. Some classical progression voice leading can go a long way. and if that sounds boring, go to wikipedia and youtube and learn to build 9ths, 11 and 13 chords. The piano will help you with chords immensly. Hell, learn some of your guitar shit on the piano to get a different perspective.

You've only hit a wall mentally. Expand your horizon. Try Thelonius Monk and John Coletrane if you've never really listened to them...

thanks for the input. i found some measurements for it, and i think it might work. this is how far in it would go.

ye nah, i wouldnt mind, i already have a nice bass, i got this from a friend who had bought himself a new one and i guess he figured the old one would just be gathering dust and taking up space. thinking of starting a bit of a project with it - fretless, new mics, new finish, stuff like that.

If watching your fingers helps you then keep doing it. Looking at some other thing in the room or closing your eyes is mostly just something that comes with a lot of experience. If you're slouching, shorten your strap (even if sitting down) so guitar body is nice and close to your face.

Aural dictation, especially harmonic analysis is all about using as many clues as you can to figure out what youre listening to. This means you must get good at listening for multiple things at the same time. Not only tones, but identifying melodic figures, strong beats, cadences, and context (the chords before and after what you are listening to).

One way is step by step identification. Copy paste this somewhere if you have to.
My instructor slowly added in chords over the two years our class studied.
He began with Tonic and Dominant
Then added Subdominant and Supertonic, but one at a time.
When we got good at differentiating that, he threw in submediant, which was easy.
Then he reversed his steps and used inversions, which added the Leading tone chord (inversion of dominant) before finishing up with mediant.

He always told us to listen to the Bass. The bass WAS the root of the chord until he threw in the inversions, but by that time, our aural dictation was good enough to distinguish two solfege tones in one hearing.

When you can distinguish more than one tone at a time, it REALLY narrows down your options for chords.

For example, if you hear a chord, and for sure it has (RE) in it, its either:
(RE FA LA) supertonic
(TI RE FA) leading tone chord
(SO TI RE) dominant

If you didnt hear (LA), then shit...it must be dominant or leading tone...
"BUT THOSE SOUND THE SAME"
Well, a leading tone chord is a diminished, which must be an inversion, so if the root is (TI) then it must not be diminished
...it must be...DOMINANT in first inversion! You can also look at the chords directly preceding and following it to gain clues to its identity. Look up "Chord roman numeral flow chart" if you havent memorized it already.

youtu.be/0140OWvZkKY

Hey I forgot this one's pretty important as a follow up.

Would help if I posted the link:

youtu.be/p7hC9bH2_f0

this is exactly what i was looking for (not him). thanks a lot

i had that exact model it was pretty good 10/good

If you have the opportunity pick one of these BC Rich Mockingbirds up. They discontinued them and the one here was on my local store's shelf for months. God tier guitar for practically pennies.

Is there anything lighter than silk and steel strings for a regular acoustic guitar?

Would there be anything lighter and quieter than these GHS 10-42 strings?

ebay.com/itm/GHS-Strings-345-Silk-and-Steel-Light-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-10-42-/251864887662?hash=item3aa451316e:g:DHgAAOSwqu9U9hSH

Or is this a retarded venture, and should I just get a classical guitar?

Any suggestions for good (under like $400) grand auditorium guitars? Don't care about acoustic vs electric-acoustic too much

>10:35 sunday night
>nobody is posting

I thought you guys didn't have lives?

Anyways, I decided to just get one good classical, and one good electric.

Thanks me
You're welcome

Nice blog, faggot

Anywhere I can get like Amplitube 4 or Guitar Rig 5 vsts? They were on kickasstorrents, but all the good torrents sites are RIP and I haven't been able to track them down since I lost mine.

thanks for subscribing man

yeah, it took me about 30 minutes to decide but I thought long and hard on it.
I want the softer and elegant sound of the classical but still want to be able to play songs that use notes higher up. I'll just do those on the electric and get the classical, because its what I really want.

Best tab sites?

Are all of the ergonomic features on these a gimmick, or are they actually super comfy and accessible? As much as they look stupid, I'm kind of attracted to the idea of a guitar that gets out of your way. I also tend to play with the instrument somewhat upright, so if nothing else that leg rest cutaway on the body seems great.

ultimate-guitar.com/

guitardownunder.com/

the word is comfortable. dont ever use that other word, it belongs in trap threads.

its pretty much a gimmick, but i suppose theyre nice guitars.

a guitar that "gets out of your way?" Is that marketing slander?

two gimmicks to this guitar.

firstly, guitars with less wood will resonate differently. usually small body means small resonance, and odd shapes pick up odd harmonics. This trait can be positive or negative. I would imagine that most of the wood is routed for electronics, jacks, pups...theres not much wood left to resonate except that weird shape up by the armrest and upper cutaway. Some say resonance is a meme on electrics and doesnt affect string vibration at all, so form your own opinion.

second, the Leg-rest cutaway is a little retarded, since its such a huge slice cut out. This will require your knee to be really fucking high up to get proper classical positioning.

third...sort of. fanned frets are a meme. Yeah they affect tone and string tension blah blah blah, but you wont even fucking notice it. You'll only notice the people saying "whats up with those frets?" and "did ISIS get a hold of your guitar? hurr hurr durr hurr" typical normie shit thinking theyre clever

other than that its a regular guitar. nothing special.

/ss/ bass here. Peavey Mark IV. Tubes are nice, but I've liked the SS heads I've played more. Granted I've never plugged into any high end tube amp.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1R4NH3Q7ww

X32022 would be C E G A F# you retard

There's no augmented fourth in a Cadd9, or a sixth for that matter.

whoops, A should've been C#

You're still wrong though, and probably thinking of X32033, which is ACTUALLY a Cadd9

Get a Rumble 15 it's about 70 dollars and it's pretty great for the price, own one myself and do not regret as my first and practice amp. Neat, portable and packs a punch for the size.

yeah if you tune your guitar to perfect fourths by accident

standard tuning makes you fucking wrong as balls

Noise
How does it sound m8?

not sure yet. I had to throw it into a storage locker because I had a date right after I picked it up. The guy told me he bought it new and barely used it. Judging from the condition it was in I bought that story.

Jazz III Carbon Fiber are event better, same as the Ultex but last much much much longer.

The hard days night intro chord

It's probably worth using it itself. Especially if it was set up domestically. Hopefully it had good fretwork done. Any minor setup stuff you can do yourself. Should sound kickass with the Lollars! Nice V though.

It won't work without a new neck, the bridge needs to be where it is for intonation. Putting a new neck and bridge on will essentially move the pickups closer to the bridge, too. This project really won't work.

Best USB mic for recording acoustic?

Blue snowball imo

I've got a snowball ice and it's shit for recording.

>USB mic
>recording acoustic
idiot

I'm a poorfag. Can't really afford decent interface and decent mic. Plus, is there really a big difference in quality between USB and XLR mics?

>USB and XLR mics
Well you have actual mics that use an XLR output, then you have computer mics. If you want to do a bit of recording for the novelty or to hear yourself then just use your phone. If you want to do serious recording then get a real mic

mfw Dave Murray is the embodiment of dad rock
youtube.com/watch?v=ApGBLT39FCo

Stop having friends. That's how I have the time.

I think they have built in D-A converters and those normally suck compared to a half decent interface converter. I presume the capsules are similar.

Okay guys, I need your advice. I'm looking for a new amp that I can use for bedroom practice, potential jamming with another guitar player and dabbling with recording. My current amp is a cube 30 and it's a good practice amp, but I'm looking for something better. Budget is flexible as I'm not in a huge rush to buy, but ballpark figure would be a few hundred euro. My tastes would run from blues-rock-prog-metal if that's any help. Part of me would really love a tube amp, but a good analog solid state amp may very well be the more sensible choice considering my needs. I'm sceptical about digital modelling as A) I'm an autist, and B) If I want to explore that route at a later date I can try out a pod or similar device. Any ideas guys?

am i shit

clyp.it/q2bp5dle

Anyone here owns an Orange Micro Dark? Do you recommend one? It seems pretty cheap and I'm looking for something high gain. Death metal mostly. Will try to get an EQ pedal and a boost infront, to make it a bit more tight.

The thomastik flats are really good. They have the lowest tension compared to other flats I've tried. They have a lot of low mid range and a nice smooth feel but still have enough brightness should you want a less bassy tone (but not as bright as chromes). They also sound nice when slapped. I should mention that I use them on a jazz bass with 60s wound pickups so your p-bass with thomastiks will have even more low mids!

Try looking into the Orange Micro Dark, Micro Terror or Peavey 6505 MH or Orange Tiny Terror/Dark Terror.

Maybe even a Laboga.

Those amps are either lower wattage or have a switchable attenuator, so you can tone it down for home use, and all of them are atleast 20 watts, which should be enough to cut through on their own and if you gig you'll probably be miked so it's all okay.

i really don't know

keep playing

Sounds alright, try and move out of that pentatonic though

Thanks for the response, hopefully I'll be able to find an Orange dealer not too far away, as the local guitar store where I live is terribad. I really like the idea of the peavey, but I'd have to try it as I'm unconvinced as to it's versatility, as if an amp can only do metal, it's useless to me

Yeah, come to think of it - Peavey might not be exactly what you're looking for. But out of those, I'm pretty sure it's the only one that has 1w option - so if you find the cleans managable it might be worth a shot.

Good hunting, user.

Just had a look, they also have a minihead version of the valveking and classic amps, valveking should in theory offer the most versatility, but I know a friend of mine had one of the regular sized heads and hated it, I'll have to ask him why

How do you fix open string buzz on a floating trem? My high E sounds like a god damn sitar.

By floating trem do you mean a locking trem or a traditional trem like in a strat for example? Sounds like your action is too low, or possibly your truss rod requires adjustment. I would check the action first.

>floating trem
Which one?

Locking trem. Action and truss rod seem fine to me, couldn't I just move the saddle forward/backward?

That won't change the height of the string, it will change the intonation however. Most cases of this in my experience are due to the action being too low, are you sure that is not the case? There's plenty of videos on youtube showing you how to check and adjust if necessary.

>forward/backward
No, that's intonation, you either need to move the saddle up or turn the post screw up.

>order a couple of guitar theory books off Amazon
>order arrives on 27th
>fukken swee-
>october

how hard is it to print out two dusty old books and lob them into my fucking mailbox?
i could write those books myself in the time it takes to ship them.

Because there's nothing to say about them.
Just listen to them and you'll understand why they are to music what Trump will be to the world.

PDFs son.

god damnit, im checking out the mickey baker pdf in the OP.

how are you supposed to play Gma7 this way clean?

-7-
-7-
-4-
-x-
-5-
-3-

playing on nylon atm though

Let the computer do it.

Ayy lads, trying to get a job in a instruments store, any advice???

mini barre with 4th finger for the top two strings

yea, i seem to be able now with a bit of stretching, but playing it smoothly with other chords in between seems hard af

practice the change slowly

try
>chord 1
>relax hand
>chord 2
>relax hand

rinse and repeat

What are your favorite songs to finger pick? I'm trying to improve this aspect of my playing, but can't really find anything that I enjoy playing with this technique.

fingerpicking is for plebs

Learn Travis picking

Then learn some Chet Atkins arrangements

tommyemmanuel.wordpress.com/chet-atkins/

I liked this up until he started singing.

i hate fiddling around with the mouse while i have my guitar on my lap.
i'd much rather have a book open in fron of me.

I use my phone/tablet for pdfs.

I don't think I've ever seen him in such an intimate setting. So used to seeing them packing out arenas.

>a little bit of reverb
My directors in both high school and college let me use whatever the fuck I wanted. Sucks for you.

Nah, sounds like you have a decent grasp at keeping the other strings quiet and following a rhythmic pulse.

>"classic" Jazz
>restricting jazz players and making them adhere to established rules
Jesus fucking Christ, that basically goes against everything jazz is.

Dust in the Wind

>why does Cred Forums never talk about "What is a hammer-on?" Page and Led steal music from niggers and bands you're opening from Zeppelin

Because I'm not your dad.

When I think of a chord stab, I think of using the guitar to try to simulate the kinds of things a horn section would do.

vocaroo.com/i/s0U4317H01c3

Am I done good, Cred Forums? It's the Seinfeld theme by Geddy Lee from the band Red Hot Chili Peppers.

An example of what I'm talking about is around 50:11 or so in this video. He calls them " chord punches" here.

youtu.be/KL8-dUdNEJc

in my fucking day you had to wait till the fucking books came back from the library AND be first in line to have them.

fucking kids cant appreciate shit being shipped DIRECTLY TO THEIR DOOR with a couple of fucking clicks. Looking for shortcuts to the guitar, fucking shortcut lifestyle. expecting to go from gaudy to gold. fucking memeagers I swear to god.

I always liked the way Dave soloed. Iron Maiden riffs and songs get repetitive but his solos were always killer.

breddy gud

youtube.com/watch?v=Qu4stiFwzSM

can anyone tell me what tuning this is in

>Iron Maiden riffs and songs get repetitive
They're written by a bassist, so

>Blackstar HT-1 for home practice and recording.
I have one and my only complaint is that the distortion maxed up is little too trebly even with more bassy pickups and all the eq turned to the bass sides.
It's nice and all if you play up to a decent crunch but if you don't play modern treble metal, I'd get a few pedals as well.
t. guy who plays doom/sludge I guess

Standard

Check out Blackstar's low wattage tube amps. They have sort of a specific tone to them so best to try in store if possible and see if their sound is what you're looking for.

Classical gas. It's not too tricky and everybody loves that song. Fun to play too.

With those little amps it can be helpful to have an EQ pedal. I was skeptical before i bought my first eq pedal on account of guitar has tone knob, amp has its own eq, what's the point, etc. They are really useful though for a wide variety of applications.

Yeah I'm thinking of buying one.
I'm going to get a Swollen Pickle fuzz pedal, then see how it goes from there.

Bassist of GG, what are your favourites songs to play ? I just started and i have no inspirations on which tabs to look at

middle aged pls go

Money

the person who designs these guitars should be shot

Beatles songs right now. All My Loving is easy, Lovely Rita and Hey Bulldog are pretty fun. Taxman and Come Together lines are basically the lead

When the Chapman stick and dank memes meet.

Anything by RHCP. I'm mainly going over their Stadium Arcadium albums because they're beautiful pieces of composition and are pleasant to play.

Lets see... here's some not too difficult things.

>I really like the riff from Voyager by Daft Punk
>Forget Me Nots by Patrice Rushen. It's most recognizable as the original song the theme to Men In Black movie is based on. Good beginner slap riff.
>Jamiroquai has good bass lines in some songs although these are a slightly more technical to play

Anything Abe Laboriel played on. I love old funk tunes.

This seems like a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

not even a chapman stick has this many strings, that thing is just a harp with a fretboard

about to replace my crappy acoustic, which I got for less than $100 new

should I get an fg800, or fg830 if I don't intend on ever replacing it

>jazz is free maaaaan
No, most jazz has an established theory, rules, and sound behind it. Free jazz is the only one that doesn't, but even then the people playing usually end up falling into some kind of tonality accidentally, simply because everyone is programmed that way.

>theory (this sounds good because...)
>rules (it's not jazz unless you...)
Lol, just because it has theory doesn't mean shit, maybe listen to some jazz from this century my dude.

>tips fedora

Also Freebird. Learning Freebird is a rite of passage for every guitar player, bass or regular. Because Freebird.

FREEBIRB

Not really, these things are like $250 brand new. Still, it's a valid choice if you want to try mandolin.

good shit senpai

floating tremelos were a mistake

You were a mistake.

nigger, google how to setup a trem

usually fags like you just tune your strings and the bridge bends back all the way...just fucking google tremolo setup videos.

yeah its retarded, even my jazz teacher said small hands players have a rough time.

The shape is useful higher up the neck though.

And if youre playing with a bassist, you could just omit the root. often you can omit the 5th as well.

I know this feel. Buy guitar with knockoff floyd rose when 16. Still have that guitar, 33 now, although it has been collecting dust in my closet for years now. It was fun for the first six months. Then the tedium of adjusting it, the fiddly process of changing its strings and so on got old real fast. I should jam some wood blocks in the cavity to make it manageable one of these days.

Qotsa rated R has easy basslines that are fun to play.

i bought an ibanez with a floating trem a few months ago and within 3 weeks i blocked it using a crude coin-sellotape setup

Sick rebuttal my man, come back when you know jack shit about music

>i'm stupid and can't fix/understand low-tier mechanics

Any tips on alternate picking? Or any good instruction videos?

youtu.be/CpJNUGHxC3M

>tfw you'll never be Paul Gilbert because you can only play 16ths past 120bpm with economy picking

Thanks .I'll check it out.

in an acoustic guitar, does redwood produce a better and darker tone than nato?

>tonewoods

>using anything other than plastic or plywood

ACOUSTIC GUITAR YOU DUMB FUCKS.

And customizable synthetic materials trump everything else.
Way fucking expensive though.

>ACOUSTIC
still
>tone woods
You can't say that a certain wood sounds a certain way. They just have tendencies. In general it'll be about a skilled luthier picking out the correct individual piece of wood at any given time.

damn it, please just tell me whether to get the $200 dollar model or the $300 model

both are solid spruce, its just that one is nato, the other is rosewood

>ACOUSTIC GUITAR
What are you, a billion years old?

Dinosaur Jr. - In A Jar

super fun to play

See:It's a retarded question. Play the actual guitar.

I'm a bit confused about Tritone Substitutions. Is the Tritone Sub a substitute for the chord I'm on, or the one I'm going to?

Like if I play G7, Db7 (Tritone Sub), C7

I get that Db is the tritone of G, so it seems that it's the substitution for G. But to me it only really sounds good resolving to C7 there, so it makes me want to group it with that chord as a substitution or leading chord more than thinking of it as a sub for G7.

There's no specific trick to it. Just incorporate alternate picking in to all of your warm up exercises and slowly increase speed while staying on tempo as you get used to it.

Db7 would be the sub for G7 yes. That's not to say you can't do G7-Db7-C7 though, because harmonically Db7 will still resolve to C7 as long as the key has been established. In this scenario you've suggested the key of C with the G7-C7 progression, so the Db7 in the middle is just a passing chord instead of a sub since it's harmonically similar enough to G7 to resolve correctly.

Thanks

Idk but that simplicity gets me hard

Aww dude no
I never got the chance to see them live either, totally sucks.

reminder ur bad and need work guitar to play cool arpegio fromagios
youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

Well playing Tame Impala - The Less I Know the Better is pretty fun on bass

Not even so much about picking the correct piece(except for stability) as much as shaping and tuning the top of the guitar.
Luthiers will tune a guitar top close to(but not on) a fundamental note. In classicals it tends to be between F#(very thin) and A(rather thicc). They will carefully take away wood in certain areas to balance the overall volume of notes because certain notes only vibrate certain areas of the guitar top.

I understand your frustration

Sleep - Dragonaut
I play the guitar riff in the beginning, it's fun

I have a redwood topped classical guitar made by a luthier in Virginia.
I can't say it sounds much different than another wood because I don't have another guitar built by the same luthier with a Spruce of Cedar top.
All I can say is he had to leave the top a little thicker because redwood(not sinker, reclaimed redwood from a fallen tree) is a little softer than spruce and also more prone to hairline fractures(just take good care of it)

Ride - Seagull is something I play every time I pick up my bass. Idk, I just really dig that riff

I play it on my guitar, its fun

This

I have two favorites:
Orange Goblin - Vagrant Stomp
The Temptations - My Girl

Lost Art of Keeping a Secret always gets my butt wiggling, it's just so damn groovy. I also love Better Living Through Chemistry with how the guitar carries the rhythm and the bass is more melodic.

the music is p-good but i can't find a bass tab, do you mind helping me lads ? It sound like something i can maybe try to learn easily

So turns out this amp is killer for bass, though I still want a multiband EQ for it. If I had to sum up this amp's sound, I'd say it gives you everything. From the lows so deep you probably ought to cut them to the upper harmonics that make flatwounds so much more versatile, it's all audible. My favorite thing about the amp is the tweeter. Very smooth, you'd think you're playing through a 5" midrange driver or something.

The reverb is surprisingly usable for bass because it seems to filter out the low end completely. So you don't get muddy, though it still isn't really that useful unless you have something really specific in mind. Still, it's good to know I can probably use it with fuller keyboard sounds and guitar fuzzes without getting muddy.

G-------------------
D---9-------7------
A------7h9---9----
E-7-----------------

Is the main rif

Agree'd. In the fade is also a cool one.

If I were you I'd try the reverb when playing up high on the bass's register, with a very bright kind of sound.

This.

>what Trump will be to the world.

Amazing?

dope man thanks. you explained this pretty well but if anyone has any books or resources that are good for this type of shit to have feel free to suggest

fistbump. Thats what i started with. over the two albums theres some really easy songs that are good to start with. I really love fleas playing and tone in that album.

exactly

the main riff is super fun on bass too, fuckin groovy

>You can't say that a certain wood sounds a certain way. They just have tendencies. I
Yes...tendencies to sound a certain way, you retard.

>ibenshit
>ever

where can I find people to jam with in college?I tried craigslist,but they are mainly some retards.