Hey Cred Forums. Am I allowed to ask music questions? Tis is regarding a homework I'm given

Hey Cred Forums. Am I allowed to ask music questions? Tis is regarding a homework I'm given.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VbDWPR7M4x0
music-theory-highway.4644806.n2.nabble.com/Lesson-025-Minor-Tonic-Triads-with-Key-Signatures-td6312180.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will be some of the questions which I do not know the answer to it.

I do apologize if I am not allowed to do so.

youtube.com/watch?v=VbDWPR7M4x0

thats the extent of my knowledge

is your image the question you have? that's like remedial theory 101

no, it's just some assignment i have, that it is in a question format.

Here are the answer I got, but i am not sure if it is correct.

Those are right

but Cred Forums doesn't know anything about music

apply yourself user

You're fine.

c 1 is just an octave D so fix that and get rid of the time sig for b 1 and you're good

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you have just said.

Could you explain what you meant?

Thank you for clarifying.

you didn't write a chord for your answer for the first part of question c. you just wrote an octave d. that's not a d minor chord.

and your answer for the first part of question b has a time signature when no other answer does, so it looks silly. you won't lose marks but it's unbecoming

I know. Our lecturer knows how bad our music knowledge is, so to get it correct, he allow us to have 3 answers if we are unsure of the correct answer for each question. Let me go make the amendments.

I referred to this site for the answers.

music-theory-highway.4644806.n2.nabble.com/Lesson-025-Minor-Tonic-Triads-with-Key-Signatures-td6312180.html

Thus, the weird answer. Is it wrong?

a) your first option is correct
b) your second one is corect. You don't need a time signature when giving traids.
c) neither are correct. D minor is related to F major. In your first choice you have the key signature, but you don't have a tonic triad (you put a perfect 8 interval). In your second choice you put the tonic triad but no key signature. You want the key signature from 1. and the triad from 2.
d) 1. is correct
e) 1. is correct

Thank you

Not many responses when an actual music question is raised in the board of pseudo-intellectual tossers.

Bbbbbbb but fantano has never taught me this...

What about this Cred Forums?

I have only answered the 1st and 2nd Question:
1. 5th
2. F

I am not sure if they are correct. As for the 3rd question, I do not know what it means.

Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle
Battle Ends And Down Goes Father Charles

you're welcome

what is wrong with you

use google

How long have you been taking music theory?
btw 2. is G not F

>1. 5th
That is correct

2. F
Should be G? The lowest note is the last note of bar 6 with two ledger lines. That note is a G not an F

Semi quavers are worth half that of a quaver (8th note). So four of them fit into a crotchet (quarter note). In bar 4 you've got a dotted crotchet. The dot adds half of the value of the note before it, so that note is worth a crotchet and a half, equivalent to 3 quavers. It is tied to another quaver, that's that curved line between them. When two notes that are tied together are the same it indicates that you should play them as one note, worth the duration of all the notes tied together. So all together we have 4 quavers now. So that is equivalent to 8 semi quavers.

Hey, I did, and there's a lot more questions than just these 3 in this one, and have already answered them.

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

what instrument do you play op?

None. The last time i touched an instrument was a piano for only a month 7 years ago.

Ridicule me if you may, but these questions from my university course that I am taking right now: Composing Music.

How old are you and how long have you been doing music theory op? Just curious and so I have something to sort of compare to

Different person but what's the course like because I was thinking of doing something like that

I've only just started this sem. The course is media and design. It has a mixed of everything, from graphic design, to photography, and music composing. There's even coding too.

My current lecturer for the music module is very lenient and friendly as he knows most of us do not have a background regarding music. Therefore, I can't really confirm that the experience will be the same as what you are looking for. For our final assignment, we will have to compose a series of music.

by graphic design, I meant 3d graphic design, sorry about that.

If this is what you truly want, I would recommend as you will get in touch with programs and instruments that will assist you with music composing for your final assignment.

currently 24. I had to serve the army.

I would definitely suggest getting back into learning piano, theory will just come naturally from there