Green Day leak

Thoughts on the album since it's leaked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXrnt0Nxhck
strawpoll.me/11308246
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

after 1 minute i vomited a little in my mouth

cheesy and awful, not been relevant in over a decade

Another punk revival from these old schoolers?

Wow you're kindofa pussy then

>if I don't like it, its not relevant

He means relevant to punk

After 21 Guns they think they can come out and just be the punk band they used to be?

They can do whatever they want. The fact that they are pissing off you faggots is pretty punk rock, no?

omg REKT xD hurr

wtf I love green day now?

it's okay

that doesn't make it good music tho lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=NXrnt0Nxhck

>if I don't like it, it's not good!

ahahaha

>luben-tier opinion

go to sleep Billie

Same preachy, emo shit they've been doing since 2004.

Haters B T F O !

So far, the awful production sticks out.

What's awful about it?

There is no justification for loudness wars.

That's not production

Then what is it?

First two singles were decent but the album as a whole is exceedingly generic and lifeless, even more so than the Trilogy because at least that had some ridiculous fun pop songs.

Yes it is.

>Yes it is.
[citation needed]
Mastering

Best album since AI. Feeling a strong 6 on it

Mastering is part of the entire production process.

>no?

It is not. The artist usually doesn't master the albums or doesn't oversee the process

The artist doesn't usually produce the album itself, either. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Better than that shitty Trilogy

Green Day didn't even mix the album themselves (according to wikipedia)

So technically, they only wrote the parts and got other dudes to do the production...clearly they don't really care

>The artist doesn't usually produce the album itself,
But they are more involved with the production. Mastering is a separate thing.

How many albums have you mastered?

>(according to wikipedia)

>clearly they don't really care
Real punks don't care about anneefing!

It literally is

>everything on wikipedia is wrong because it's wikipedia

[citation needed]

But the complaint was about the sound of the fucking album, aka mastering, aka production...

The critique was about awful production, had nothing to do with the artist. I don't know why I'm so mad about this but I am.

No it's wrong because there is no citation for that information

Please keep up.

Be it production or post-production, mastering still involves processing audio. Processing audio is part of music production. Stop making up arbitrary criteria as to what counts or doesn't count as production.

>aka mastering
Correct
>aka production...
Incorrect. They are separate.
>The critique was about awful production
No he never mentioned that. He mentioned the mastering.
>Be it production or post-production, mastering still involves processing audio. Processing audio is part of music production.
Do you EQ your receiver in your home/car/ipod/mp3 player? You are processing the audio, I guess you co-produced the album then.

Most bands do this

I just want to follow your argument here:

>Dude complains about production, specifically in relation to loudness war
>you say that's not production, that's mastering
>mastering is part of production
>you say the artists aren't involved in the mastering process
>that has nothing to do with the discussion
>you say citation needed

THEY ARE NOT SEPARATE THO

MASTERING IS A PART OF THE PRODUCTION PROCESS

Obviously I was talking about processing audio before the finished product is released. Don't be so pedantic, you're only embarrassing yourself.

>>Dude complains about production, specifically in relation to loudness war
>>you say that's not production, that's mastering
>>mastering is part of production
It is not.
>>you say the artists aren't involved in the mastering process
They are not
>>that has nothing to do with the discussion
It shows that production and mastering are separate, as one the artist is involved with and the other they are not.
>>you say citation needed
For silly claims like this

>but mastering and mixing and recording are all the same thing!!
>Don't be so pedantic, you're only embarrassing yourself.

strawpoll.me/11308246

>but mastering and mixing and recording are all the same thing!!
Way to put words in my mouth.

Guys, face it. The last decent album from them was Warning. After that all they made was all comercial bullshit. Not good enough and definetly not punk.

Lmao you cannot be serious that artists are always involved with production

Is this all bait or are there actually people defending a 2016 green day album on here right now

Green Day literally produced the album
What do you mean? You said it's all one process.

christ

I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong, mastering is part of the fucking production process.

How many albums have you mastered again?

I said that mastering is part of production here
Of course they aren't one and the same. If mixing and mastering are separate from production, then the term "music production" takes on practically no meaning, unless we're talking about electronic music producers, in which case songwriter and producer usually coincide.

Google "is mastering part of production" and you have a whole list of websites saying the mastering is the final part of production.

It's okay.

>I said that mastering is part of production here
Which is your mistake
>Google "is mastering part of production" and you have a whole list of websites saying the mastering is the final part of production.
Think about it logically. Whenever a remaster is made, is it a completely new production? No it is not. Hence mastering is separate form production.

In contrast, a remix can be a new production.

I'm a fucking music tech major

Who's got the LINK?

So that's none then?

someone post the link so i can send it to my edgy teenager brother

The only thing you've shown me so far is that mastering CAN be separate from production, but only in one specific scenario, while conveniently avoiding my other points.

>but only in one specific scenario
How so? This applies to any album, as anything can be remastered.
>while conveniently avoiding my other points.
What were they? I hope not "just google it lol"

>How so? This applies to any album, as anything can be remastered.
That's not what I meant - you talked about remastering an existing production, and that is the one scenario in which the mastering and production are separate (which I have doubts about). But you haven't showed me that they are necessarily separate when it comes to mastering an ongoing production, i.e. something that hasn't formally been released to the public.

>I hope not "just google it lol"
If you don't want to look it up, that's your problem, not mine. You asked for a source because you weren't going to take my word for it, and all you're doing now is willfully ignoring the facts.

>That's not what I meant - you talked about remastering an existing production, and that is the one scenario in which the mastering and production are separate (which I have doubts about). But you haven't showed me that they are necessarily separate when it comes to mastering an ongoing production, i.e. something that hasn't formally been released to the public.
If you don't want to look it up, that's your problem, not mine. You asked for a source because you weren't going to take my word for it, and all you're doing now is willfully ignoring the facts.

Riddle me this: if the mastering process was simply a part of the production, why aren't the producers credited with mastering?

It's because mastering is a separate process to prepare the album for whatever specific medium it's being pressed to. The artistic "production" has already been created, and now it's time to use the RIAA curve and make it louder. Whenever I prepare a master, the artist has given me their final mix, what their final production is. I'm not altering it, only preparing it for release and tiding up ends if need be.

By your logic, the packaging and artwork is also a part of the production, because it is in prep for and a part of the album released to the public.

>not been relevant in over a decade
>Radiohead image

oh the irony.

The fact that there are radiohead images still being used shows they are relevant.

Yeah, they're relevant on here but Radiohead has as much relevance as Green Day outside of here, apart from being brownosed by NME, ex: OH MY GOD RADIOHEAD PLAY CREEP, FIRST TIME SINCE 2013

>By your logic, the packaging and artwork is also a part of the production, because it is in prep for and a part of the album released to the public.
Not him but producers usually have a significant say on artwork.

What the fuck is this thread even about

>Yeah, they're relevant on here but Radiohead has as much relevance as Green Day outside of here
Their latest album was in the top 10 in every country except Hungary.

They were fairly relevant when 21st Century Breakdown came out in '09, mainly since it was their first new release since American Idiot which we all know was fucking huge.

But I think their relevance dropped off pretty fast after that. Did anyone give a fuck about Uno Dos Tre? What a fucking horrible idea anyway.

It's a "stop liking what I don't like!!" thread

Example?