/prod/ - Music Production General

Talk about music production, composition, songwriting and audio engineering.

Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback.

>ATTENTION!
DO NOT post Soundcloud, YouTube or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That is considered self promotion and will usually result in a bad feedback.

>LEARNING RESOURCES

(Obligatory mixing course)
>The Art of Mixing by David Gibson
youtu.be/TEjOdqZFvhY

(Obligatory synthesis course + additional related videos)
>Intro to Synthesis by New York School of Synthesis
youtu.be/atvtBE6t48M

YouTube channels that you should subscribe to:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>BusyWorksBeats (same as above, a lot of good new content coming)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

>Justin Omoi
youtube.com/channel/UCMnmXvv9JHJPsrrob-gEn5A

>WarBeats
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Samori Coles (not many videos, but a few good ones on compression and EQ)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

>Image Line Tutorials (for FL Studio users)
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

>READ THIS BEFORE ASKING WHERE TO BEGIN

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/vfrzid4m
clyp.it/j0u1nlss
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)
clyp.it/i1q2cjle
mega.nz/#!tVBiHRJT!7kQYKNe452qAk5al_StzLm8yAkKsYuS1fiqATzqeU_g
clyp.it/pgr21j5o
clyp.it/nxth2bgh
clyp.it/oakd5mal
clyp.it/gaqt5534
clyp.it/fujg5wza
clyp.it/js0j5pyq
clyp.it/huubatyu
clyp.it/lshf5c0p
soundcloud.com/jormangod/expedition
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-modern-day
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-exploration
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-the-321
youtube.com/watch?v=9JV4nqC-dMc
vocaroo.com/i/s1dulRdxFOro)
clyp.it/pt3pylku
clyp.it/2wydeawl
clyp.it/njiwxntg
soundcloud.com/xy01513/sets/new-track-mock
clyp.it/cb1qhgox
youtube.com/watch?v=1g-7-dFXOUU
twitter.com/flyinglotus/status/57887536252596224
clyp.it/kabprj1x
vintageking.com/atc-loudspeakers-scm110asl
youtube.com/watch?v=z915fwSVx9Y
clyp.it/crkofhzr
youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
clyp.it/pnzugvin
clyp.it/k3hzfuii
clyp.it/zje33okh
youtube.com/watch?v=OSUTfSCfbww&list=RDOSUTfSCfbww#t=577
clyp.it/kcgke3zd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PREVIOUS THREAD:

>clyp.it/vfrzid4m

Woah, this is cool! I'm currently working on it so thanks for the idea on the percussion, I just have a simple loop as a placeholder, but damn, does this sound better than mine already...

>you will never be successful

I really need to know why do you think that. Is it because I'm bad (and why) or because I can't apply myself and give up too quickly (which is often true)?

Yo Harley if ur in this thread, r8 my WIP plez clyp.it/j0u1nlss

Nice soundcloud-core

Yes, one day I finally just 'got it' and finished a song with multiple themes and combinations between them, scale modulation in the middle, nice chord progression, coherent sounds/effects. And like some user once said, just finish every song you do even if it's shit, or else you will never learn it.

Hey, This is me, Harley.
This is lit af faem
kick lacks impact

>learn motive development

What does this mean? Any resources people could share?

>not knowing any theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)

Yeah I know what a motif is m8. but how does that help me write bangers

clyp.it/i1q2cjle
the snare isn't 100% idk
track feels like it's missing something, but i don't want it to get to busy.

I can't find good hard rock/metal kicks in the Addictive drums 2. Fuck me, recommend me something please.

for meatl and rock drums live drums are so much better sounding that you could find a drummer to do the whole part before you could get on to record samples for you.

You know what it is, but you don't know how it helps you, that makes me think.

Put some 808s from Certified Trvp Pvck 2016™ after a short intro full of shoutouts and your soundcloud name that you recorded your mother saying with constant 64th-note hi-hats and same certified trap snare around.
Don't forget two note "melody" that has a minor second interval to get that late night trap vibe u kno im sayin gragra gang BOP BOP SQUAAAAA
Now you can get a bit more creative and put some Nintendo sounds around to get some fans from the soundcloud thread.
After this download a picture from a tumblr a google some glitch app, use this as your soundcloud picture.
#trap #banger #bape
Name it after some designer stuff that you saw your favorite meme rapper blindly wearing because his idols do for some reason. (BAPE, RAF SEMENS)

Glad you actually got to hear it, even though the old thread died.
I could render out some loops if want to use them or have a closer look at it

No problem, I don't want to copy yours but those different drums gave me a bunch of new ideas of the overall feel of the piece so thanks for that. I'm just trying to figure out how to get similar sounding kicks and snares because I only have electronic VEE packs and Addictive drums 2, but they are all so weak.

This was me Are those samples or live recordings? If samples, how many layers did you use?

>soundcloud-core
(you) (asshole) (go home)

>keyboard on top of mixer

Well it'S all yours now:
mega.nz/#!tVBiHRJT!7kQYKNe452qAk5al_StzLm8yAkKsYuS1fiqATzqeU_g

Only used samples and kontakt libs since I can't play a single instrument. Drums are mostly from heavyocity damage and a few others which are part of the komplete collection

Thank you man. I'll have to check out heavyocity. You did a great percussion, I'm just trying to figure out what is happening there, definitely my weakest spot.

I've realised 95% of what inspires me contains vocals and are tracks mostly built around vocals, whether it just be a sentence loop or a full-on vocal track

What/where's the best way/place to find acapellas?

I know about Acapellas4u and remix contests and also finding them on youtube, but my biggest difficulty is trying to find them, as in I don't know where to start, if that makes any sense at all.

made this real quick
tell me wat u think
clyp.it/pgr21j5o

This might sound crazy but,

Write lyrics and sing, or find people to sing them.

does this sound like a fagit made it?

clyp.it/nxth2bgh

felt like that bongo synth at 0:14 was too soon/a little out of place, the rest was pretty cool desu

what you guys thinking of flying lotus?

sounds poorly mixed

Needs more generic meme samples and faster hi-hats

it hasn't been mixed yet, was gonna let nana do it later when she gets off from work since I'm not that good yet
can you reup your meme sample pack, OP fucked up the OP. I need pepe's ribbet to lay over the constant open hi hat

clyp.it/oakd5mal
made this one too, nana finished the mix on it a couple weeks back

I like this. Sounds like some travis scott shit

what do you think of this as well-
clyp.it/gaqt5534

thinking of making a small project with the above track along with and a couple more wips

I like this too. Again sounds like travis scott. I would tone it down the vocal samples especially the "I" sound. It borders on cheesy

thanks for the feedback, I'll make some adjustments

Repostan, going to learn music theory now.

Made a distorted version of this clyp.it/fujg5wza , clyp.it/js0j5pyq

and made this
clyp.it/huubatyu

Thoughts?

Boy, do anons here love water and coin based instruments.

this is good, the percussion's very nice - reminds me of a chiller blank banshee

bass is too high, like those arpeggios though, the synths are really lush

the trumpet melody doesn't work with your bassline

I'd recommend side chaining your bass to the kick to give it more clarity

nice idea though

heavy as fuck, like it

your vox are spooky

your synths are gorgeous, what's your process? Your melodies are lacking but the instrumentation is stellar

advice appreciated

clyp.it/lshf5c0p

>pop

Alright Cred Forums, that time of the year where I buy my piece of gear for this quarter. Q3

choices..
>Nakamichi MR-1 pro cassette deck with discrete heads
I could use this to rip my garbage bag full of cassettes that I've collected since the 80s. Also allows me to record to cassette. Cozy lo-fi vibes await me.

>Pyramid Sequencer
Polyrhythms galore. Allows some arguably more interesting sequences apart from my what my jazz piano background often yields. Been sequencing my played rhythms/melodies from my own two hands since I started basically. Ready to get gridded!

Gear general discussion too

>clyp.it/lshf5c0p
interesting to say the least. I like the fact that ya sing and play the guitar. The warping is a little over the top for my tastes where it's beyond the Fx territory. Maybe make your voice more intelligible by cutting some lows, boost those upper mids.

this shit is corny but then again I not a big fan of this style

soundcloud.com/jormangod/expedition

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-modern-day

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-exploration

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-the-321

old tracks jbenitex

finished tracks rate them

>soundcloud
fuck right off

>clyp.it/lshf5c0p
cringe fest

lol to new?

m8 you need to stop. Does it not make you feel bad that all your plays are from shilling? Wouldn't you feel better from people spreading your music themselves cuz they enjoy it?

What production techniques does flylo use besides the obvious unquantized drums/soul samples/sidechaining?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

layers everything to get a unique drum hit

I produce a sample by taking a sample then record delay and record that audio to a new track
then put a sampler then use that new sample to play in different keys on the sampler

then do the same thing , re-sampling audio to the point where you create original audio that is impossible to know what sample that it came from

My /prod/ thoughts vs pleb thoughts

lel

You mean he layers all the drums in the pattern or just layers different samples of the same type like three kicks.?

I seem to remember a track where he layered a water splash with snare sounds.

>500 following
>spamming /prod/
You gonna go far kid

what is the youtube channel to learn from?

Literally read the OP famalam.

glad to know you're still alive little bud

wat daw you guys use?

>Pyramid Sequencer
Does it do chords and shit? Looking for something to seq the blofeld.

if you are referring to pic related, go for it.

tape fad will die like it did before

>looking for something to seq the blofeld
you know that has a pretty powerful sequencer right? even lets you do chords

FL Studio. Have Ableton installed but can't be bothered enough to continue learning it.

which clips tracks are yours?

Haven't posted in this thread today, working on a project.

What is the one thing you've learned about production that has most improved your music?

for me it's finding/making sounds that fit perfectly instead of layering/using many effects to achieve a sound

It does polyphonic chords, euclidean scales & rhythms, can sequence 64 tracks simultaneously.

Just ordered mine! Cassettes will have to wait until January

Record a bunch of takes, comp them together. Although I come from a live jamming background and play a few instruments.

If something isn't working, just delete it and record something else. Don't force anything.

This is what I'm still learning the hard way.

Routing for sub mix purposes

dont fall for the ableton meme

u mean the layering thing?

Yeah, I even watched many "making of" videos and looked through projects and it just can't get into my head completely that I have to spend more time searching for a right sample. But sometimes using effects is the only way though.

how do I make tracks like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=9JV4nqC-dMc

>spend more time searching for a right sample

for me, it's easier if I start with really simple sounding instruments (basic pad, basic bass, basic lead, basic drums, etc) while coming up with the overall composition/beat. Then once I have a good musical or rhythmic foundation, it's easier for me to find the right sound.

What's wrong with ableton

>literally just drums, singing and some detuned chords with crackles

I'm doing the same thing now too.

>understanding production this little

>don't you dare to insult my favorite song
Yeah, okay and some sidechaining on the booms

good techno-stylish kick drum beat that is not 4/4?
any idea anyone?

why tho?
techno was made for all night dancing and non stop music. it's not easy to mix a 4/4 song with a non-4/4 song. DJs won't play your track.

>tfw for the first time ever some sounds have started getting fucked due to the amount of stuff in my playlist

Never thought I'll get so far, and it's a new PC.

i'm tired of doing 4/4 beats... I'm producing a kid of ambient techno and I want to give more personality to the beat

you realize 4/4 is in reference to the time signature for a song, right? not exclusively a drum beat...

yeah and in this case i'm talking exactly about the drum beat

Any of you tried Splice's sample subscription service?

Any good? $8/month seems alright if they've got a boatload of samples

yeah, that's not a time signature change at all. thats just a different drum beat.

I assume you just mean you want a break beat instead of a typical "4 on the floor" house beat.

i m going to fucking GOOGLE it thanks man for yor correction

just don't always put your kick on the 1 2 3 4 in the grid. Maybe leave a kick on the 1, 3.25 and 3.75. And accent 2 and 4 with a snare/snap/clap.

no stereo/mono knob
bad piano roll

>no stereo/mono knob

cant into mixing 101?

Why would you even want mono

why would you even want stereo

I make music with my close friend/roommate via hardware using software just for editing/post effects. We mostly just record extended jams and then pick out short sections that sound good/not like filler and chop them up into "songs".

I'd like to get into more musical song writing. What is a good way to begin taking ideas from these jams and instead work them into fully formed songs?

Hello guys, maybe somebody of you is able to help me. I use a Tascam IUR2 interface for homerecodring and i always get some kind of repeating noise when recording with anything else then adobe audition.
(example: vocaroo.com/i/s1dulRdxFOro)

Had the same problem with different mics and different laptops. If using adobe audition, this noise isnt on the recording, but can be heared when listening to the track in audition while the interface is connected. if disconnected, the noise goes away.

anybody know what this is or how to fix

>inb4 buy better interface

Sounds more real

>2016
>using stereo/mono
hehehe learn to mix, kid
>tips ableton

What is there to even mix with stereo and mono ?

I hope I find these threads after 1 weeks or so cause fuck I will be gone and these seem like a gold mine

>no stereo/mono knob

Add Utility effect. Switch to mono. Simples

>Bad piano roll

Whatever works for you, I suppose. What about it is bad?

These are always active, no worries.

nevermind, solved it

>tape fad will die like it did before
Recording to tape is nice though, bit of a hassle but more immediate than other methods I've tried.

Ah you're right, I keep forgetting about it.
Looks cool, kickstarter though..
>It does polyphonic chords, euclidean scales & rhythms, can sequence 64 tracks simultaneously.
Nice, I'll keep an eye on it. Polyrhythms are cool you can do that with korg sq-1 too (to some extent).

>PM'd you the fix

Is there a way for me to slide a note in a non-native plugin inside of FL studio? I want to slide for an octave lower but even automating the pitch knob doesn't help because it doesn't go that far.

Browse parameters

You might have to set the pitch values for the pitch knob or like said browse parameters

>bad piano roll

how is it bad lol, it literally follows the same daw standards that everyone has been using since Opcode Studio in the 90s

damn sushi tastes good.. anywayis here´s what i´m doing atm, it´s supposed to be dance / edm

did i fuck this up or does anything on the track actually work? i wanna appeal to slutty hot rave girls

clyp.it/pt3pylku

clyp.it/pt3pylku

Does anyone remember that website where you could upload audio to it and it would record it playing inside a big reverb chamber or silo thing and then you could download it and it was all free? I think it even had pulleys automated by controls on the website. That was the shiznit

FL has ghost notes, mute notes, pan, filter, release, edit events, slide/portamento, brush, slice

dunno but convolution reverb

Every time after I work on something for more than 2 hours I realize that I'm actually not that bad, just lazy as fuck and think I can make something good in a super short time... Feels good to not be so salty for a change and actually like what I'm producing.

turning off the internet

Is convolution just bursts of white noise played in spaces and then imprinted over your sound?

I don't know about white noise but sine wave, gun shot from what I know and from that you get an impulse that copies the reverb of the place where it was recorded.

Could you download rifle shooting videos, convert to wav and get convolution from that?

tfw you want to collabo and make some wierd, cool tunes but the only people that will collabo are normies make basic ass beats :(

whats the cheapest subwoofer/monitor setup (or headphones) that are actually good for mixing?

You can use any sound

How can I add the effects Lil Ugly Mane has on his beats, on Ableton?

This, I've focused today and have been working for 7-8 hours, instead of shitposting here.

convolution is just simple math, you can convolute everything with everything if you don't mind unforseeable results:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE5SKynR8QE

to create something that sounds like reverb you actually need generate (close to) full range impulses and carefully planned mic positions and so on, though

-2x lsr 305
-2x speaker stand
-rockwool, wood and stage curtain fabric to fill corners and make first reflection spot absorbers
can be done with like $600 in total

Is there any difference between convolution plugins in how they use the impulses? I have waves IR but it's quite old.

Posted this elsewhere, figured I'd post it here too

I want to be able to plug all my instruments (keyboards, piano, guitar, etc) into the same speakers. To do this I'm thinking about just getting a mixer like pic related

My question is, would I be better off spending a little more and getting something with eq and stuff? I'm not really sure if I'd need it, but are the extra bells and whistles worth another $20-30?

Also if there are any other better options, let me know

any daw can do that tho
that is what automation lines are for

there's some differences in the engines saving performance by downsampling for low latency live usage (I think there's a wave IR live or something like that) and some have the possibility to use 'true stereo' 4 channel impulses so you have the actual representation of a stage or what ever sampled in your panned input
but mostly it's about the features like included pre/post eq-ing and envelope shaping of your impulse and so on, the actual convolution itself is very similar throughout most plugins since it's such a simple task

then fucking collab with normies, it´s better than nothing. your weirdos wanna work with pros and you dont get there without practise

let's hear some music then. I'm always open for collaboration with talent, not someone who thinks they have it.

Yeah but in FL you can just click the note and change it to portamento/slide instead, or automate it which is sounds retarded desu.

I would say try to find a mixer with more channels than you have an immediate need for. Room for expansion.

I just can't get over pic related.
>so. fucking. cluttered.
No group tracks, folders, fx tracks, no track names, automation fucking everywhere... it's just an atrocious piece of software.

FL has proven to itself it was never meant for projects as large as pic related, it was made for the nigger.

man i just tried rifle videos for convolution and it sounds really sick

automate is smooth transfer of any sample effect from point A to B during time that you set up. you cant work with that? it´s not the program that is retarded, you are.

that will do the trick. But if you've got all of those instruments playing together, you'll want to spend the extra for EQ/faders. they will help you fix clashing frequencies

More than half of that can be dropped in to a pattern that occupies one track instead. You could replicate that in Ableton the only difference would be the automations.
You have no clue, enjoy your tunnel vision

Good adv I suppose, friendo. I shall give it a shot

sup /prod/ i havent been doing shit for music these past few months.

i started dicking around on guitar again this week but i also wanna get back to the production and DAW side of things too. i used to just do EDM/house/deep house/occasional trap and dubstep stuff and started getting pretty alright at it i guess.

here's some older WIPs i never finished.

clyp.it/2wydeawl

clyp.it/njiwxntg

so yeah, i guess critique? give me suggestions for something new to work on? genre/key/etc

post clyp

trust me I'm no ableton shill but FL has no redeeming qualities other than it's built in plugins. Everything other aspect is a monstrosity

Who said that I thought I was talented, and not trying to shill my sc but heres link to my latest stuff. Some is diff from when that twas uploaded soundcloud.com/xy01513/sets/new-track-mock

learn how to mix

>tunnel vision
you seem to be lost, >>/mlp/ is down the hall and to the left. i bet you call people normies too and think your NEET k/v friendless lifestyle is somehow superior. fucking faggot

IMO the point of doing this shit is not to be best fucking musician ever, the point is to have fun, get freinds get high and get laid then repeat until ur +40 & married with three kids

Well my thing is, I just like doing new things you know. Like whats the point of anything if its going to be routine and something that 100s have done. This cat doesnt smoke either tho lol but I see your point

>this triggered because someone pointed out stuff that is his "supreme" DAW lacking
Wait a few years, Ableton might be even able to automate stereo/mono by that time

Don't talk to me or my daw ever again.

clyp.it/cb1qhgox

posting my cutesy tunes again, this time I added a chorus and altered some of the synths. again it's a placeholder ending.

How should I go about adding more energy into the track? I just feel that the chorus isn't hard hitting enough. Is it through mastering? I could add more instruments but I feel that would muddy the sound..

So... what Synthesizer plugin for FL Studio 12?

fl studio is for children
just look at the fucking piano roll
saying fl studio is the best daw because it's easier is like saying an easy bake oven is better than an oven

You probably just don't know what he's saying. Like he's speaking in technical terms, and you probably tell your friends, "And this synth, I made myself by tweaking a bunch of knobs. It was crazy." I've been using FL Studio for one year, and I've made Hip-Hop, Trance, Ambience, Western (like cowboy stuff), R&B, trance-hop, trip-hop, psy-hop, Dubstep, EDM, House, Latin, Video Game, Classical, Pop, Trap, and Old School Hip-Hop. I already know how to sample, sound engineer, mix and master within the program. And I start my first day of music college in April of 2017. I have a creative mind with no musical education background.

Recommend a better one.

at least you can do shit quick and figuring it out is something a normie would understand too unlike in logic pro x where everything is pointlessly hard, slow and frustrating despite being on mac which should automatically mean this shit is fun and easy to use, like a guitar

>Video Game Classical

>inb4 that DAW made by a German scat fetishists that listen to techno

ProTools, Cubase, SONAR, etc

*IDK but I recommend Studio One to everyone, actually got a videogame sound designer to switch to it from Ableton.

Nice, looks totally precise and not limiting at all

Is there anything that does automation with a piano roll

Lines + draw tool is fucking terrible to automate with unless you're picasso

>western (like cowboy stuff)

ableton

Why not PreSonus Studio One 3?

>One 3

ableton

ableton

cubase

Why?
>ITS JUST BETTER SHUT UP ITS BEST I DONT HAVE TO STATE WHY LOOK AT FL, HAHA FUCKING FRUIT XD I LOVE TO AUTOMATE MY PITCH BENDS TOTALLY NOT RETARDED. STEREO/MONO KNOB? WHAT ARE YOU RETARDED WHAT IS THAT EVEN FOR I DONT WANT IT ANYWAY , IF ITS NOT IN ABLETON ITS NOT GOOD, SO.

>still no 32-64 bit plugin bridge
It's trash.

>still no 32-64 bit plugin bridge
learn to mix bro

But it does 32 lives/jbridger

FL studio can't handle external gear, it can only send midi out.

Sorry, meant to say "built-in plugin bridge".

that's bullshit, m808

Nicceeee

>being a retard who can't download an external plugin bridge
why even produce music?

>needing an external plugin bridge, that's not even free, to do shit even fucking FL studio can do out of the box
There's a reason they call it "unableton".

Comfy DAW war shitposting

anything can be free

>ableton user
>also a thief
makes you think

Fl studio should be used only for hip hop. Anything else is laughable.

is having a 32 bit bridge truly fucking important? is it really worth bickering about? 32 bit is slow and buggy and makes your shit crash. Having a whole other plugin just to make them work is retroactive and unnecessary

can you fuck off? this page is supposed to be for adults you´re not one

>thinks anyone in this decade has purchased FL studio
If you walked into a professional recording studio and even mentioned this meme software you'd be fucking gawked at

Stop shitposting fucking manchildren. Focus on your skills for a change.

Btw, saw this yesterday,, look what DAW he is using.

youtube.com/watch?v=1g-7-dFXOUU

There are plenty of old VSTs still worth using that were only released in 32 bit mode.

I think sq8l is the only 32bit plugin I have
I guess it's not really needed anymore, why would I want use old versions of plugins, everything that's developed since around 2005 is available as 64 bit

feels like these bitches dont even care about music they just wanna call random people niggers retards and faggots so that someone would chop their limbs and cock off with a machete

Why won't I ever get to sniff her panties??

>monkey experiment

Name a legit reason why is it meme.

there's at least 3 different daws in that video

>falling for the hardware meme

Its used by soundcloud "musicians"

>using fruit loops

let me guess you are new into production hoping to impress people with your "sick music skillz" so you pirated the easier software you could

So is Ableton, you didn't name any legit reason, you are just parroting someones opinion without any backup.
Same. :^)

NOh LYfE beats hur comin with the firee
>fl studio 11
>been makin beats since fuheveah
>jus tryina make it big in this fuckd up industry bluh

I don't know if any of you care but I go to school for music production and the only people I hear bringing up FL in conversation are niggers and wanna be white niggers. I'm not projecting this, I'm basing it off what my eyes and ears have perceived from my school. It's always the lazy, stupid, talentless fuckers that use FL.

That means even retarded soundcloud producers know better and choose FL over Ableton? Okay.

>FL IS RETARDED. WHAT? I DONT KNOW WHY SHUP UP NIGGER I DONT NEED YOUR MONO KNOB, WHAT THE FUCK THAT EVEN DOES

so you'd put FlyLo in that category of lazy, stupid and talentless fuckers?

Never tried addictive drums, but superior drummer's "metal foundary" library is good. Got some sweet bassdrums in diff pairs for that double bassdrum action.

flylo uses ableton and reason look it up

twitter.com/flyinglotus/status/57887536252596224

>retarded soundcloud producers know better
>giving them any credit whatsoever
chances are you're one of them

I mean flylo is black so hes not technically wrong

It sounds sweet. Like bless-your-heart dear, sweet. But why make something entirely derivative of a kanye west track?

are there any reliable guides to purchasing an electronic drum kit?

So I'm finally gonna buy a MIDI keyboard and i'm thinking about getting an Arturia Minilab since it's inbetween the limits of my budget and it comes with 5000 synth presets, what do you guys think of it?

if you just need a midi keyboard this will not suit you. Get at least 49 key and ditch the knobs you'll never use them.

Why do some many producers use ableton? I use logic and I'm genuinely curious about abletons features.

Jesus christ, can you stop with this shit already...

the only useful knobs are on mixing consoles

Because they spam their shit clyp.its/soundclouds here all the time, but that doesn't matter because you are not able to provide a reason why is FL retarded just parroting shit :^)

The session view

daily reminder

daily reminder p.II

If this bothers you then my logic template would make you kill yourself, and your neighbors.

Daily reminder we will never have a qt 3.15 producerfu.

The new version of Reverberate introduced a new extra fancy mechanism for treating the IRs.. Can't tell you off the top of my head, but saw it in a issue of SoS.

I don't really care about the knobs actually, I was more interested in using the drum pads too alongside the keys, but I'll consider getting one with more keys too, thanks

Yep. I think it had a limited run, and unfortunately used mp3 only.

A similar site where u upload a .mid and its fed to x y z $$$$ synths w/ midi retrofits would be beast.

notice how he's only sending midi out from FL and not using it for ANYTHING ELSE.

Try the pads in a store, make sure they arent too rigid or shitty. I made thia mistake w/ my akai mpk61. Pads are trash.

Also, don't listen to the knob haters. I use the knobs (but moreso, faders) all the time on my MPK. I have various presets that map to the midi cc values for diff. Orchestral kontakt instruments. Works great.

Even more useful, midi expression pedals. Like having an extra mod wheel under your desk. Buy a quality one, underfoot, they suffer abuse.

The workflows between ableton and fl may be different but that doesn't mean the music produced should be any worse with one or the other. Plugins are universal anyway...

DAW does not matter whatsoever.

Although FL is certainly a gimped daw. Open up fruity compressor and try manually entering a value. It only takes floating point values....

I have the akai mpk 249 it has great pads and keys. I'm a piano player and I'm very satisfied.

clyp.it/kabprj1x

i wish i had actual instruments

thing is i'm kinda tight on budget and I can only afford getting something with less keys but more options coming with it or get a less expensive 49 keys and something like a korg nanopad 2 or an akai lpd 8

Its just fun to trigger disableton users
Hold both mouse buttons and precise slide it. Can you do that are you disAbled?

Ableton has no mono/stereo in mixer, you have to automate your pitch bends, which must be okay if you are retard that has no music theory background, 90s piano roll, no 64-bit, written by people that are into scat

>fl users know music theory
wew lad

>doesn't deny anything
Makes you think

fl users are 90% hip hop and %10 cringy EDM

Go cry yourself to sleep and make some more fake statistics.

>100% of Ableton users are unable to provide reasons behind any of "their" statements.

Is anybody making money with this or is planning to? Have you tried freelancing sites? Some studio internships? I'm spending practically all of the time on this atm instead of learning "something that will get me a job" because everything else is boring.

name one great non hip hop prodcer who use fl

>define great
>define producer

Your logic
>niggers drive cars, therefore cars are for retards and I won't ever drive any

Nope. Making a living out of this is volatile.

>dem empty racks

>Poorbase user

name one great hip hop producer who uses fl

Aleksander Vinter

9th wonder

Please... explain to me this meme since FL costs $199 with everything you need right off the bat and 'poorbase' costs $550

Does that mean that everyone who goes to audio engineering/music production college is fug'd?

>empty racks in a brand new studio
how could they!

vintageking.com/atc-loudspeakers-scm110asl
no cash left

Please explain to me how that is bait, shifting the goalposts doesn't really help your cause

>he is actually autistic

And he still makes epic wub wubs with amen break beat.

>I'd rather click thru pointless shit for 10 minutes

what

>pretending keyboard shortcuts don't exist
>pretending that's the fault of the DAW and not the user

Good news today if you use EastWest/Quantum Leap virtual instruments. PLAY 5 was just released today with a lot of performance improvements, and SSL/EW FX Global Suite now comes with all libraries and ComposerCloud.

youtube.com/watch?v=z915fwSVx9Y

I'm not even invested in DAW wars since it's ridiculous to do so, and you spew name calling which makes it even more moot.

You cannot enter specific dB values into FL stock plugins.. The fruity limiter is a great example, try setting the ceiling to -1dB :-)

see how hard that was. Now while you're fiddling with fruity tunes trying to enter basic values, I just got another friend to use studio one. Cannot wait to collab with em, unhindered, to be honest.

You can set the pitch knob range to WAY higher (like 2 octaves), there should be a display right next to it.

I don't know, it would be nice for sure. FL has event shit but for some reason it's not with curves/control points but with literal pixel rows, completely fucking useless.

ITT: FL users not being able to handle getting roasted aptly for their meme of a software

clyp.it/crkofhzr

what do you guys think

???

Been on probatioin for almost a year so no getting high for me. Which is a blessing and a curse. Ive been more focused on the learning aspect of it but fuck it if all my tracks dont sound derivative as hell.

>cant type exact amounts

>he cannot type in any one value, but must hunt it with a precise scroll
>he enjoys reading the info slit at the top for all his fine tuning
In any case, thanks for proving my point

>Probation
Kek

>roasted
>only "agrument" here

picture ;^)

I set the ceiling to -1dB and it wasn't hard

>I am so glad I can set my ceiling to 1.0000000000000154875 that totally hits the spot

who is the most overrated producer?

I wish depression didn't get in the way of my producing. Who else knows this feel?

Cashmere cat

youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

this was made in frutey loops

Use the depression as fuel

Pretty cool. I wish it was faster.

I think this genuinely upsets you..

>Create a track with inline parallel processing where you can split 100hz and above for it's own processing, then on that stream split it again into Mid and Side channels so you're only affecting 100hz and above's side information, while processing 100hz and below to remove any side information, compressing the mid information.

a literal preset of mine I might add

Fruity Tunes in 2016..

I feel like it would just need a more straightforward drum pattern in the chorus to make it feel more intense, otherwise this is tight

good 80s vibe, keep it up

I like this, it kinda reminds me of zelda oot for some reason

here's something I probably won't finish but pls rate anyway

clyp.it/pnzugvin

I don't know, does it?

You can route this in any mixer.

>"technical" wanking from Studio One user

post a clyp faggot and we'll see how fl is treating you

I bet you can mate, you'd only need about 6 tracks and a custom chain on each channel to pull it off.

I am genuinely trying to help you move on to better things so you can stop fucking around with tech stuff. Creating that chain takes maybe 20 seconds. Save it, use it forever. Maybe even bind macro knobs 1-8 to certain parts of my pictured chain for an on the fly M/S starter chain. Mind you, this all lives in one track's insert rack.

Any DAW worth your money should allow you to simply work, no fuss. Cheers

i cant believe i paid for ableton

they leave shit out almost on purpose

the midi programming is fucking shit, you have you stop, right click and choose a new note length instead of just holding and dragging to make it longer

just click the edge and drag it you fucking faggot

oh wait i just figured it out, you can just double click hold in the pointer mode

i guess the draw tool is more like the paint tool in cubase

How does Studio One compare to Reaper/Sonar

Can we all agree that all of this shit you're all sperging out about is just nitpicking? Ableton is still behind the curve of the studio competitors and needs time to adjust. FL studio is not a studio competitor and never will be. End of story.

not digging it... kind of annoying actually

clyp.it/k3hzfuii

dont really know what im doing yet still reading a bunch of manuals and stuff

The only reason I prefer FL Studio to anything else is because it's easy on the eyes and I can change the background to something that'll keep me focused on the feel I'm going for with a track.

>bitching about ableton features without fucking understanding anything about ableton
for why tho?

Ableton is the most popular and best daw. Get over it faggot.

I used Reaper for a couple years after ditching FL when I was a weebabe. I think it's neat but it leaves a lot to be desired for a heavy ITB electronic musician. Sonar is pretty neat, never tried it.

>To anyone still on the DAW wars debacle.
Download anything interesting, demo it, buy the one you like. I also rewire Bitwig for weird clip launch / infinite routing fun for example

since you know so much how do you get mono tracks in ableton then

I can't get soundtoys plugs to activate L/R offset because every track is stereo and utility doesn't work

use the utility feature

just looked it up its a known issue, utility doesnt work

set width to 0 it def works

What cheapish audio interface do you guys recommend?

Anyone have any input to the seaboard? I want to get it soon but would appreciate some opinion on this gear.

doesn't

scarlett solo

>falling for the ableton meme

>falling for the ableton meme
Hahahaha

Logic master race reporting in

Inb4 crappie and muh live performances

Enjoy not using amazing synths and having awesome mixes

I guess izotope imager lied to me then.

unbeleivably overpriced hipster trash. But a regular midi keyboard and move on with your life

this is the most recent thing i've recorded. please someone use it.

clyp.it/zje33okh

Why does logic have better mixes? Genuinely curious

Logic and Kontakt are the union of ultimate victory.

the most spooky tune in mankinds existance please dont listen to this

thank you user, i forgot to warn people

It has to do with the audio engines. Abletons is geared towards a more on the go quicker one to deal with live performances and logic has a more studio focused one.

because it looks all silver and shit and that makes people think it sounds better

the L/R offset like for filterfreak, where you have two different cutoffs for L/R - doesnt work in ableton. you have to create an effect rack and make two which is a hassle

Try to learn about warping and high ends before you talk again

teach me

then what do you recommend for the same price?

Not that guy, but am Logic guy. I dunno about superior mixes, but it does have a solid suite of mixing tools and synths out of the box. Hell, I still use the ES2 (which is old as fuck) for most basic synthesis missions.

I have long since dumped logic's ESX24 (a capable, but outdated sampler) for kontakt, and am not looking back.

Really though, the answer to all of these stupid DAW arguments is: they are all quite good, today. And once you settle on one, and learn it, the only thing missing will be YOUR SKILL LEVEL.

Shut the fuck up, Ableton is best and THE MOST popular DAW.

Now how do I make my track mono?

what is the your #1 tip to get better mixes?

>not using aux sends for independent L/R processing

it's like you seriously don't know anything about mix engineering

>YOUR SKILL LEVEL

no you need shaman crystal imbued audio cables

Mix it, buy Logic, mix it again.

think of it as a story being told, with different characters interacting and influencing one another, with a plot that ends and has some kind of a resolution. whether it goes from A to B, or A through B and back to A again. not all the characters have to make it ;_;

its like you dont know anything about not being a faggot fanboy lol

why should have to create multiple instances and eat up CPU? and the manual says that using the mix knob on an insert creates less phase problems than using it on a send

youtube.com/watch?v=OSUTfSCfbww&list=RDOSUTfSCfbww#t=577

heres how

but seriously why doesn't ableton have an easy to access mono?

that's one shitty manual for sure

i will pirate it and then see

Isn't this the max4live thing? i didnt buy suite

enjoy prison because logic cracks are tracked

I don't use ableton, but my intuition would be that there is probably a plugin called utility that has a width setting or a mono function.

sure they are

Doesn't Cubase have some seperated panner thing where you can set the pan of left and right independently on a stereo track? How do you do this in Ableton?

>faggot fanboy
I don't even use ableton, its mixing 101

>create multiple instances and eat up CPU
lel, aux sends do the exact opposite of that

Shut the fuck up Ableton is THE BEST, why would you even need to stereo a track, faggot.

are you refering to mid/side mix?

I just make shit like this. Suppose dto simukate a rainy night with the wind blowing and branches tapping on the window while something is beating at the door.
clyp.it/kcgke3zd

Im smarter than you

jbenitex detected

It was something like this, saw someone use it years ago

that's binaural pan

what makes you think that?

are you the same really stupid guy every time posting this reaction? it's never attached toa smart post in here

>Its just fun to trigger disableton users
how would you know? you always fail at it

It's called dual pan.. Or binaural pan

here's a blurb from my dream mixer. One day..

what exactly makes it binaural?

nigga.

Bi = two. Aural = of sound

binaural audio has already a definition, no need to make up another one

NEW THREAD is up. You can jump there already.

You have actual autism. Congrats.

Binaural panning. Not binaural "audio". Quitting this gen for the day

She doesn't even make her own beats she recognition for shitting on everything fuck Anthony fantano