Oldfags, what music messageboards did you use before here and reddit?

So I was trolling around webarchive and google and found that some like sputnikmusic and punknews were packed back in the day. Were there any others? I mean even in a pitchfork review one of the writers mentioned going to a messageboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/article/7766-die-antwoord/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used to go on DOA, ukmusic, and ishkur

None really, I only came to Cred Forums from /trv/ one day as its a good timekiller.

Not an oldfag, but I think Hipinion was pretty big

reddit was a good one

Reddit blows because they actually think opinions cant be wrong and music cant be objectivley bad

What plebs right

YES! THat's the one memefork mentioned in a review I don't remember

found it

pitchfork.com/features/article/7766-die-antwoord/

Actually wasn't that long ago. I was looking more in the vein of early to mid 2000s

I hate reddit because they circlejerk at how everything they listen to is so good and the false way of how nice they treat each other. It's like a massive hugbox devoid of bants or anything interesting

THIS, Subreddits no matter how "good" you think they are, opinions have WEIGHT depending on popularity and mod power or something, if you happen to dislike what they like, your statement might be deleted.
Basically they're all impenetrable circlejerks by default.
I'm not pretending Cred Forums doesn't have it, but your post will still remain there for everyone to see whether they like it or not.

Yeah at least on Cred Forums if its not Cred Forumscore or an +8/10 from Pitchfork/Fantano its just totally ignored, artists or entire genres.

Sputnikmusic when I had my Emo and post-hardcore phase

test

yeah this too

sorry no one is discussing your favorite memebient album :'(

Yeah at least here when we disagree we act autistic but reddit just stops it all together as if they have some ego to upkeep. However I wish mu would stop memeing bands/albums. I mean that technique has only worked for a handful of artists

None. I migrated here from Cred Forums.

oh shid I remember editing Frank Ocean's page.....

>and the false way of how nice they treat each other
That's the worst part. Every time I go to Reddit all that feel-good positive-vibes-only bullshit makes me want to fucking shoot myself

I believe it's in one of their global rules where you HAVE to act nice to fucking strangers you've never met before

Honestly theres probably more autism on reddit than here. The thing is is because here isnt the aformentioned hugbox you get the explosive autistic meltdowns, whereas on reddit because its a hugbox and everyone is super nice you get autists retreating into their own brains and indulging in autistic fantasies and you get page long posts about "hey guys I have a great idea for a music video for the new Frank Ocean track :D" followed by a 2000 word diatribe describing some cringe cheese idea that the dumbass OP is diluted enough to think anyone cares about his terrible autism-sparked ideas for music videos. And then everyone goes "oh my god it's so good! Maybe you could also do my autistic idea in the video too." Instead of "shut up fgt nobody cares."

Its just as intolerable frankly

Just another reason why I have no interest in that place

>(not true, by the way)

Depends on the thread, but it is true that starting a thread about an album nobody knows about rarely leads to good discussions.

Still, I've definitely come across albums on here that don't fit those three categories but were talked about anyway. It helps when there's a /genre/ thread, though, for sure.

>And then everyone goes "oh my god it's so good! Maybe you could also do my autistic idea in the video too." Instead of "shut up fgt nobody cares."

It's like answering to someone you don't like but you have to be nice otherwise there'll be consequences. People on reddit take fucking words on a computer screen so fucking seriously sometimes I feel when someone wants to be edgy it's like reading youtube comments of people being white knights. That's one of the reasons I stopped going there (even though I sometimes still do)

The other reason is reddit is stagnant as hell. Since everything is based on popularity all the top shit stays there for weeks

obscure subreddits like r/japaneseunderground are good. Generally small subreddits are goat

What like /funk+soul/ that has fewer than 5 posters for 50 years of music?

Makes sense for teenagers, I think, since (as from my personal experience) I was a complete social fuckwit and took things way too personally. Never was on Reddit, but I feel like a place like what you describe would have been better for me back then. Lots of people are autists at some point, and they can't be realistically expected to grow up immediately and know how to deal with a more caustic culture (though, to be sure, it's not like I would call Cred Forums "mature" by a long shot, either).

As with everything, people generally don't like (x) when they don't understand it. I came to Cred Forums because people generalised Cred Forums as just being Cred Forums so it got me morbidly curious and normies always take Cred Forums out of context when talking about it. Really Cred Forums is just banter and harsh, that's it.

Hmmm..... I know I am still a fukwit but I don't know how being forced to act nice on an essentially anonymous website (reddit) will help. Maybe it encourages them to act nice irl idk???

This is what I can't fuckin stand, this sort of fabricated niceness going on

If you think reddit is bad with the niceness now, check out the women-based subs like the makeup communities.
Everyone's all sickeningly sugary sweet to eachother on the surface and anything that can be construed as the slightest bit negative about someone is sandwiched between false compliments.
Some subs are /r/drama can be fun tho.