youtu.be/PKYa3wwc1SU
youtu.be/kCpF_cofkII)
youtu.be/gYJi68hYaBs)
youtu.be/fnyaP-cDaLg)
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/miles_davis/bitches_brew/
youtube.com/watch?v=vKNVAMLC-kM
youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most Jazz is accessible pop I really don't get what's hard to "get" about it.

Your mom is accessible pop lmao

why is everyone posting here so fucking lazy

Niggers trying to emulate classical

I don't get your post.

Can you explain indetail?

What's the point of any music?

People who don't play an instrument will find a lot of jazz inconceivable. I can't play jazz without fucking up pretty fast but i still enjoy listening to it a lot. I like fusion/funk more though.

But i really don't see how one could dislike a song like "My Favorite Things"

But you kids here mostly like edgy stuff that has the feel or something...

it's fun. Idk what else to say, most jazz is very passionated, specially Free Jazz, Hard Bop, Spiritual Jazz which are also full of energy and you can actually see that in the music. Besides, there are many many many currents in the genre and many styles so i would find it weird for you to dislike every jazz there is
>My Favprite Things
good choice

I don't even....What's wrong with you?

noot noot

>People who don't play an instrument will find a lot of jazz inconceivable.
This is definitely one of the main reasons most people don't listen to or appreciate jazz. That's not to say that you have to be a musician to enjoy jazz. I'd suggest Herbie Hancock's Headhunters and Dave Brubeck's Time out as a starting point.

>That's not to say that you have to be a musician to enjoy jazz
Not at all, but it will probably take some time for you to learn to digest the more eccentric stuff. Not that i really know what jazz is myself, but i see it as some sort of exploration into all the 12 notes and making it work. There's guidelines to follow but at the same time you want to step outside of everything that's conventional.

>Herbie Hancock's Headhunters
Yes, real good stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=GAlejqkd-gg

>Not at all, but it will probably take some time for you to learn to digest the more eccentric stuff. Not that i really know what jazz is myself, but i see it as some sort of exploration into all the 12 notes and making it work. There's guidelines to follow but at the same time you want to step outside of everything that's conventional.
That would apply to avant-garde and free jazz. And not all jazz is like that. Free jazz is almost completely devoid of structure, following chord progressions and one of its main characteristics is polyrhytmic drumming, which along with constant improvisation isn't exactly easy to digest.

Can you link some "easily digestable" free jazz. I have barely listened to it but i didn't grasp any rhythm at all as i recall

was supposed to be the next hot black exclusive thing that mainstream media stole for making money. jazz, trap rap etc its all the same

I can, no problem, but that would alienate you or any other possible listeners. It's important to understand why free jazz occurred and it's significance. There's a documentary I'd suggest before listening to any free jazz: youtu.be/PKYa3wwc1SU
These are some of the most accessible free jazz albums in my opinion:
Ornette Coleman - The shape of jazz to come (youtu.be/kCpF_cofkII)
Tomasz Stanko - TWET (youtu.be/gYJi68hYaBs)
Amalgam - Prayer for peace (youtu.be/fnyaP-cDaLg)

good selection of jazz genres! Do you have favourites from those? (particularly the free/spiritual genres)

Thank you!

Got some hawt generalizations going on there.

What would you call Bitches Brew? I really like that one while a was drunk

Bitches Brew is a jazz fusion album.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/miles_davis/bitches_brew/

youtube.com/watch?v=vKNVAMLC-kM

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI

idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯