Is there any merit to U2's music?

Is there any merit to U2's music?

yes

I like it. "Their use of delay blah blah"

But also Bono has a fantastic ability to write good hooks and has a good voice. He even uses falsetto pretty well, like in "The Sweetest Thing" and "Lemon"

They made good post punk

Sunday Bloody Sunday is a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday. You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

lol this again.

its official that most people on this board are like 18 right

U2 is unironically better than The Talking Heads.

bullet the blue sky is a great song

i think they are great

Back of the net

embarassing

The early albums including Zooropa are pretty good.

Stuff like Vertigo is just pure hell though. That song just makes me think of some 58 year old man hiding in the bathroom about to have sex with his date but he is impotent and he is just really intensely masturbating while imagining the song Vertigo in his head in order to get himself pumped up and exhilarated, a pretty good metaphor for the band at the time they released that turd of a song.

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOURTEEN

and who can forget the middle-8 where Bono has an American accent.

>she's a PhD in "I told you so"
>you've a knighthood in "I'm not listening"

I'm not a big fan of U2, but there was something really sad about the way they seemed to make a conscious decision to stop being interesting.

their post punk stuff was pretty good. Its a shame people don't even listen to it because of the later band

>the perfect love song has no words it only has death threats

kek

this thread again. mamma mia!

no

for you

>tfw you realize a lot of people hear the song and think this is what it's actually about

WHO RA HERE?

The Joshua Tree is objectively a 10/10.