Best Mobile Mp3 Player?

I'm thinking about buying this FiiO X1 and and 128gb micro SD to go with it but im not sure if it's worth spending $150. Does anyone know of any better high resolution audio players that can hold more than 64gb?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiio.net/en/products/57
en.rutracker.org/forum/index.php
rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php
iflash.xyz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought a Fiio X1 and 128gb for $130 and I absolutely love it. Using it with my AKG K545 right now

me too. it's great. don't know if it's better than the other ones but it's been good to me.

Fiio X1 is the best iPod Classic alternative there is.
There's a new generation coming out in a couple of weeks though, I'd hold off until then. Has Bluetooth, new touch wheel, and 256gb card support
fiio.net/en/products/57

don't want to sound like a newfag, but can you give me the scoop on this thing? what makes it better than say an iphone or something?

Same, I have no complaints after about a month of use. The UI isn't perfect but by no means unusable. OP do you have any questions before you buy?

1) Expandable storage
2) Wider file support (FLAC etc)
3) Hi-res playback and better DAC
4) Lets you listen to music without using your phone's battery

are you fucking kidding me. i couldve waited a few months and gotten a bluetooth one. fuck.
separate battery life, people who dont use a cellphone, cell phone cant power headphones, stuff like that

>There's a new generation coming out in a couple of weeks though

FUCK

does this thing require an intermediate software like iTunes or some shit? Im planning to change my ipod cuz itunes sucks

where can you even download these obscure file types?

To be precise, it comes out October 10, and MSRP is $99 like the old one (which maybe means the old one will go on sale for a little while)
It's totally drag and drop, just put files on a micro SD card and put it in. You can use either directory browse mode or it can make a library.

I have one of these. It's fucking brilliant. I will gladly shill all day for this device, it does everything that the ipod classic did, has comparable storage ability, and is a good price. I'm three months in and never had a problem with it.

>FLAC
>Obscure

yo imma buy one, I'm sick and tired of my 16 (14.7) GB cap on my ipod nano. I was thinking of getting a sansaclip but I think it can only support up to 64 gb micro sd cards. This high res thing looks way better.

I meant like ape

The sansa clip can read those cards but in practice has a very tight song limit[ [due to the low RAM of the device]. Plus, it can't read shit for file types. Rockbox firmware improves it some, but you have to go through the trouble of Cred Forums'ing it up, and the Fiio is still better after that.

thx f4m, im finna buy that Fiio.

Some people rip their own CDs and such into ape format, some audiophiles claim it's better than flac. imo there's not much difference. There are some torrents out there in the format, too

APE predates FLAC I believe, in the early 2000s it was pretty common for concert bootlegs or other traded unreleased music to be distributed that way. It got supplanted because it's proprietary and FLAC is open-source.
RuTracker still has a good chunk of them

Can you or someone else link me to a good torrent site for lossless FLAC

>mp3 players
>2016

lmaooooooooo just lmao

might as well carry a sign that says "i am a virgin"

RuTracker has the most out of any ratio free site
en.rutracker.org/forum/index.php
Also download Soulseek, lots of stuff on there.
Or take the What.CD interview, but keeping a good enough ratio to download lossless all the time is tough

thanks user

After you sign up using the English site (which I think? you can do, it's brand new) you apparently still need to search with the Russian one to find stuff.
rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php
It's a bit tricky to navigate at first but it's a great resource once you get a handle on it, otherwise use Chrome's translate or something

The zoo

any new ones that are coming out that i should wait for?

fiio has some decent players for about fifty sixty bucks

iphone 6s

My phone is the best portable mp3 player because it allows me to listen to music without having to carry around even more bullshit in my pockets.

meh, I just used a translator to navigate my way through signing up with the russian site, and just search the russian site, as a result, I can't pronounce or spell it but I can recognize the russian word for discogrophy

>the current year
>not paying for Apple Music or any other fucking streaming service and listening to whatever you want whenever you want

why

0.01 cents have been deposited into your Apple iShill account!

cause murkastronk doesn't have uninterupted high speed internet, and data costs too much, so what do you do when you go over your data cap or your internet goes out?

I haven't used any translate on the site for years, I know where everything I need is. That and I use Firefox and there's no auto-translate so there's no reason to put in the work

>not downloading high quality files for free from soulseek and other various archives

none of the good popol vuh albums
also apple music's interface is awful compared to its contemporaries

I have a normal-paying job and pay for 20 gigs of data a month. I can stream music constantly and never even touch it. Youtube fucks me up though.

What the fuck I thought these things were like $200+. Time to retire my classic.

the other thing about them, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't they have a built in dac to power stronger headphones than what a phone can?

Rip Clip+ and Clip zip ;_;

Yeah, they would be able to power higher impedance headphones than a phone can.

I get 800 gigs a month. How do you survive on 20? had a hard time back when i had 50 gigs a month.

Exactly.

All the good alternative DAPs were until Fiio stepped up the game
It's not something everyone needs anymore but there's a lot of good reasons to keep a collection of files, especially if you're audiophile leaning (gotta have those prime masterings).
In my experience, the original X1 is about the same volume as the iPhone with my headphones (ATH-M50, though the iPhone doesn't have much trouble with driving them in the first place which may be why there's not a difference), with maybe a richer tone to the sound. The X3 and X5 both supposedly have beefier sound output (which is the biggest difference) and are geared toward high-end users.

can you give some examples of headphones it could power that something else couldn't?

No idea mate, i've just heard it said that the FiiO is better at powering higher impedance cans.

I imagine it's the bigger, fancier, audiophile headphones

>richer tone
What is this, guitar player magazine?

new fiio
maybe new cowon?

We have wifi at home

cowon products are okay but are far too expensive for what they do. New fiio would be a better value most likely

I made a thread about fiio and god bless you for posting this. I'm saving for that second gen.
>bluetooth
>256 gb
Fuckin sold

man, i miss fiio's old robust design

They dont make em anymore :(

I will be very sad the day mine dies, which is very soon since it keeps on pausing and freezing.

>main classic gets stolen
>backup is having hdd woes
>oh no
>find someone selling a mint 120gb for $60

Moral of the story is buy a used one.

So? Just because a manufacturer stops production on a product doesn't mean it vanishes from the fabric of space time. I got an Apple refurbished one a few days ago in the box.

yep, came to say old clips were the best, but new ones cant be rockboxed

>Not being happy to thanks the artist

When your hard drive dies, you could consider this: iflash.xyz/

>800gb a month
>on your phone
Are you awake 24/7? Do you actually ever live in the real world? Do you ever just not use your phone? Christ cunt, get a life.

wow 62 post for just a simple answer: "your cellphone."

you can use mediamonkey with ipods but you lose playlists unless you have some whole syncing set up

Wew lad

is that the one with two sim card slots and a headphone port? shit is great for a 20 buck phone but its a mess to browse for something to listen to

iPod touch 4th generation master race

really dude

excuse me

poor Neil

0 complaints on my iPod video from 2006. Been working great for 10 years, haven't needed to bring it in once. 80gb.

I got an X1 to replace a dead ipod classic.

I agree they're great. I really like mine, and especially using the line out function, it sounds better than my computer or my old ipod or a phone. Everyone about the device is open, generic micro usb, transfer with windows explorer, play all formats. These things are great.

The downside is that, the way it's built, to supply more power, the battery life is not great. It's worse than a classic. Not terrible, but it's not a matter of simply putting in a better battery either (although i want to do this one day), because the device will always consume more power than others. The battery display bar does not really work. It's full and then it's not.

What is this

Somehow lost my sansa so imma snag one of these once it comes out

What a horrible shape.