>doesn't seem to have a clear concept
>allows featured artists to dominate tracks
>umambitious

not much

>relies too heavily on features
>Chance the RAPPER hardly raps
>the Gospel aspects were overdone and uninteresting
>boring

he did more drugs in the past year than most musicians do tho...like he almost threw it all away

or is that your point

honestly not much. when you think about how you're gonna make an accessible soul album in 2016 as a rapper while adding on just an all-star guest list, this album is pretty close to 100% on point

the mixing is terrible

The first track has one of the worst mixing I've ever heard

This. All We Got could have been a standout track if it wasn't for the mixing and the awful distortion on kanye's voice.

completely agree, did he ever go back and fix it? I just remember it being atrocious when it first came out

I've never found another version. It's a shame because the beat at the first minute is really cool, until Kanye appears and ruins the whole fucking song for me.

10/10 try try

Honestly what went right?
I don't get his appeal, all of his features are pretty good but he can't seem to hold a song by himself and relies on features to do so.
This album he was just riding off of Ultralight Beams, really drowning out the gospel sound and his rapping was nothing special.

9.1 from Pitchfork? Fuck off

this honestly, the only decently mixed ones were No Problem and Finish Line.
both projects with donnie trumpet are just so badly mixed

Too many features. You can barely call it his album.

THANK YOU. Literally everything went wrong. Why did Chance think he could mix gospel and rap, something Kanye did really well 12 years ago. It should have been left at College Dropout. It's done totally distastefully, and it's a terrible followup to am incredible album.

Meh, fuck you guys I liked it

Ohh he can hold his own forsure that. Have u guys even listen to acid rap or 10 days.

Nothing. It is absolutely a better album than Acid Rap.

He didn't get as personal, fake pgbullshit to sell, Apple Musica vision. shit has no real soul apart from a couple tracks

>Tryna turn my baby mama to my fiancée; She like music, she from Houston like Auntie Yoncé

>JJ, Lil Mikey, Derek and them: 79th street was America then

>I know the difference in blessings and worldly possessions; Like my ex girl getting pregnant; And her becoming my everything

>I ain't felt like this since the third Drought, third Carter drop; Told my momma third grade I'd be in the third Barbershop;

>GCI, 1-0-7-5, angel goin' live; Power 92, angel, juke, angel gon' juke

>But when they play "Take You Down", Chris Brown; I am his stand-in; I mean it's just dancing; It's harmless as fuck

>"How Great" ft. Jay Electronica and my cousin, Nicole

>Just the entire song "Smoke Break"

>The boy love playing when the boy too sick; Reclining on a prayer, I'm declining to help; I've been lying to my body can't rely on myself oh no

>Last year got addicted to xans; Started forgetting my name and started missing my chance; LA for four months end up leaving right back; I'm in love with my city bitch I sleep in my hat

>I felt hog tied ever since my dog died; He lived to 84, damn, that's a long ride; I know he up there he just sit and he wait; I'll be racing up the stairs; I'mma get to the gate

>The entire song "Blessings (reprise)"

That's some pretty-impersonal, clearly-commercial, Apple Music bullshit right there.

>Coloring Book
>Better than Acid Rap

>This is all UGH UGH UGH, UGH UGH UGH

he should've taken the song angles and made the rest of the songs more like that

The mixing is god awful. Also too many gimmicky "muh christianity" songs.

What?

It annoys me how many fucking features he has on every song. Does he even do one song without one?

At least Danny Brown can hold his own.

>danny brown
Stop this meme.

www71.zippyshare.com/v/QuF7Ysfp/file.html this is the most it ever got fixed

kill yourself cock suck

Everything

Went in too hard with the choir shit. Kanye needs to teach him how to do that shit right.

>muh jesus

Nothing he's always been trash
been an industry plant since day one
how the fuck do u get justice league and action bronson on your first mixtape

Better than Acid Rap, which is fucking annoying

All We Got is one of the worst songs I've heard this year.

>X artist is meme
stop this meme

For me it was that it was predictable down to a T

>Mastered by cadit
hell no, im not going to download that

>Run shit like diarrhea

ITS WORDPLAY DUDE YOU DONT UNDERSTANDD

is he some shitty trip or something? it's not much of an edit but made things at least the same volume

Nothing, it's perfect

man I really enjoyed Coloring Book, yeah it's not the best hip hop album of 2016 but to say everything went wrong is exaggerated. If your not into the gospel I can get that, its not for you, but I found this album fucking catchy and kinda down to earth.

Not enough acid not enough rap

He acts all grown up now

>9.1 from Pitchfork? Fuck off
It's because he's a young black guy from chicago making positive music and being championed by kanye. They pretty much HAD to gush over it. Their reviews have like 30% to do with the actual musical content and 70% to do with the social/commercial aspect of the project.

that's the way p4k always is. that said, chance is good. i'd give that album an 8

It's better than Acid Rap but it's too flawed to call it significant growth. Some really cool ideas tho

production. horrible production. bad mixing, bad mastering, lack of tightness and cohesiveness, it almost feels like each track was produced/engineered by a different person. there are some nice ideais in his both albums... but completely ruined by the points above.

>i love jesus
>jesus dude
>lmao
>JESUS!!!

horrible decision making, is what happened

this album could've came out at a different time and it would've been fine, but everyone was expecting acid rap part two, and that's practically the last thing this album is

It wasn't his first mixtape idiot