If people consider Kendrick Lamar as the Tupac if our generation then who is the Biggie of our generation?

If people consider Kendrick Lamar as the Tupac if our generation then who is the Biggie of our generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3N7ol1a6zMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Drake obviously

hard to say, since New York hasn't produced a rapper who was both popular and good since Cam'ron fell off.

kanye west

who cares, we have Danny Brown.

aesop rock

but hes not new biggie thats for sure

that's why i said good AND popular.
and he's nowhere near the same generation as Kendrick either way.

Joey??????????????????????????????

Drake should be, due to the rivalry between the two and the lyrical topics, but Drake doesn't write his own shit and he sucks now

hi Meek

Vince Staples is the "2Pac of our generation"

>no popular and good new york rappers
How can you forget about Joey Bada$$ what the fuck

This, why's he so overlooked by Cred Forums?

Vince is Nas

oh i didnt know he wasnt that popular my b

Kendrick I'd say is more comparable to Nas senpai

Kendrick=Nas
Vince=Pac
Drake=Biggie

i figured people would bring up Joey, but his sales aren't quite there to make the case for popularity, and his music's never really done anything for me personally.

Vince is Nas because Nas doesn't explore social issues as much and Pac and Nas's sound was far more rigid and bleak compared to Pac's.

Nigga he's one the biggest rappers in the game who cares about sales. Everyone knows about him. He could have sold more if he signed to Jay anyway

if we're comparing people to Biggie and Pac then reach matters.

>one of the biggest rappers in the game

no

more people know him from Mr Robot than any of his projects kek

YG

Joey Badass?

Kendrick is nas because of the lyricism he exhibits. Vince is much more like Pac whereas he displays the duality of an urban youth. Neither accepting nor glorifying. Yes he's far less activist for lack of a better term than Pac, but the manor in which he conveys his views are way more similar than Kendrick

We don't have a biggie of this generation boys.

No one is as mean and gruesome as him that also has mainstream success

Kendrick=Tupac with his social awareness and he's basically in love with that nigga

Vince=Rakim

>Nas doesn't explore social issues
dude made an album called Nigger pretty much talking exclusively about racism and bashing Fox News

It's actually young thug.

Tupac/kendrick: emotional, human, poetic, cathartic
Biggie/thug: removed, formalist, prodigiously musical

Not saying it's perfect but it makes the most sense to me

We do have a Biggie of this generation. It's his son

youtube.com/watch?v=3N7ol1a6zMY

That was after his seven years was up though. Untitled wasn't prime Nas.
I'm thinking more of a legacy type thing here. Kendrick's legacy will be more comparable to Pac's than to Nas's.

I agree with you there. Due to the fact I don't believe Vince will ever reach a broad enough audience

so who's the eminem of this generation?
Hopsin doesn't count

there isn't one yet

Death Grips

I feel it

edgy enough, most definitely, but I don't think they have the same kind of popularity that eminem had

what do Em and DG have in common musically?

Death Grips isn't even hiphop anymore you tards

edgy subject matter for people with repressed violent imaginations

look around, cockstep
we're not talking about sonic similarities, we're talking about influence, subject matter and impact on culture

Tyler the Creator

and Death Grips are nothing even close to Eminem in two out of three of those categories

shit, this is pretty spot on

Tyler because of how controversial he is maybe.

But in terms of content and lyrical ability no one comes to mind.

Earl Sweatshirt

Nah, he's just a spiritual lyrical miracle individual and brings nothing interesting to the table

Who's this generations Eazy-E

>claims 5'6" but is actually 5'3"
oh kendrick you funny

dj khaled
earl is doom

This

Please stop comparing Drake to Biggie, thanks.

Aesop gets a lot of love from heads

stop typing like a 16 year old girl and then participate in the discussion

(You)

(You)

MF Doom? He's from New York and is fat like biggie.

Newfags

joey b4 da ass is so average he would have struggled to even get a deal with rawkus in the 90's

(You)

I just don't understand how lyrically, aesthetically, and sonically you could compare the two, the subject matter is only generally the same because of the fucking genre, there's nothing these two have in common.

shit, this was meant for you

Because if you would read the thread before posting you would clearly see the sonics of the music aren't what's being compared here

In terms of influence, height of popularity, critical acclaim Drake is the best Biggie to Kendrick's Tupac for this generation

yeah that wasn't established, people are taking all of those things into account, why don't you read the thread again.

also jim morrison

Really? I'd say that's only true from a character/sense of humor perspective. His lyrical range and the range of his flow can't really compete with em's.

Why the fuck do people even rate 2pac. He was pretty shit imo.

Average flow, musics nothing to write home about either.

27 club

He also died before biggie

When people die they get put on a ridiculously high pedestal, what are you new to life or something

he was 25

Attributes to the fame even more of what "would have been"

Not to mention everyone was waiting for his next super political album because of the heavy activism he was participating in towards the end

He just doesn't really do much to stand out. He's not bad at anything but doesn't do anything amazingly well either. He's just kinda there.

Tupac and Biggie are actually garbage. Old irrelevant hacks

Yachty and Kodak is what's slapping right now, they actually have their own style and are actually making unique music.

gotta try harder than that

>someone has a different opinion than me
>must be bait