So do all of Hunter's projects philosophically connect in some weird way or is he just batshit insane?

So do all of Hunter's projects philosophically connect in some weird way or is he just batshit insane?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2KsccOJy1w
tinymixtapes.com/features/hunter-hunt-hendrix-liturgy-kel-valhaal
1stgate.us/
youtube.com/watch?v=-YRGPT0eWSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Basically, he read Thus Spoke Zarathustra in high school and thought he had something to add on to Nietzsche's thought (which is very clear in Renihilation and Aesthetica) when the reality is that it's just a jumbled mess that hasn't been developed. He's not insane, but he's not really on to anything.

My only question is, is this album any good at all?

No

I regret even skimming out of curiosity

dude i know, it's hilarious right?

at least he roped in greg fox for a bit there

yes.

listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=H2KsccOJy1w

he was reading nietzsche in high school? is thus spoke zarathustra an easier read than beyond good and evil? because i tried to read the latter and i couldn't make any sense of it

Nietzsche is pretty easy philosophy in general, but Zarathustra is a very poetic work consisting mainly of allegories depicting Zarathustra's life. Basically it is a bible for nietzschean philosophy.

And yeah, high schoolers can likely read it pretty easily

well that makes me feel dumb

tinymixtapes.com/features/hunter-hunt-hendrix-liturgy-kel-valhaal
if you're actually interested I think this is an interview in which he most clearly explicates his thoughts. It's pretty interesting honestly.He is most certainly very knowledgeable about much more than just Nietzsche.

he has a phd in philosophy guys

It's easy as far as philosophy goes (i.e. it's not fucking Levi-Strauss) but keep in mind that reading philosophy is different than reading anything else.

There is a constructed language in philosophy that can be hard to grasp for beginners. The content of Beyond Good & Evil isn't particularly challenging but I'd guess you had trouble getting used to the language.

Keep at it, it's worth it!

Nietzschean philosophy is basically a refined version of the romantic mindset most of our culture is based on, and can be summed up as "who cares if it's not nice as long as it's cool?" which of course is vague enough to be twisted into all sorts of fucked-up things, such as HHH's music.

>measuring the quality of someones philosophy based on how hard it is to read

modern academics, everyone

He has a website where he explains all of the concepts of "his" new school of philosophy. I don't understand it because there are a lot of references to big boy philosophers and abstract concepts but it seems to at least somewhat cohere logically. He's not insane, he just presents his thoughts (whatever they may be) in an insane way.

>HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Last time I read his website it was a load of bullshit.

link?

I'm reading through it and although he seems a little more lucid and less delusional than in his interviews, his philosophy is still a vague, elusive mess of empty new age references and dime-a-dozen observations about the world.

i found this website

1stgate.us/

"The main reason, I think, to be candid, is that the release of my Kel Valhaal album went so badly. Pitchfork absolutely eviscerated it (and me). After that, hardly any other review websites would touch it. As much as I'd like to not take something like that so seriously - the review was so cruel and shaming that it made me question the validity of my entire project. "

Well it should.

The fact that he questioned the validity of his project but somehow didn't give it up, speaks volume on how stupid he really is.

>am I that out of touch?
>no, it's reviewers who are wrong

>The fact that he questioned the validity of his project but somehow didn't give it up
this kind of but more like, if a review makes you question it then maybe you aren't doing it for the right reasons, but even then it's reasonable to feel insecure sometimes, it's just got to be tough for him having been so favored before

I really liked it desu

It has two great tracks (Tense Stage and Ontological Love) but the rest of the album is just filler.

It's my electronic AOTY

>he cares what pitchfork thinks
So he's an Cred Forumstant?

no way, prove it

HHH has created not only a new musical genre, but also a whole new filosofical-musical-aesthetic wave. 30 years from now he'l be in every college textbook

youtube.com/watch?v=-YRGPT0eWSI

Reviewers are usually wrong tho

black metal theory was born way before hhh's manifesto tho

iirc he just has a bachelor's degree