agreed

Movement is alright

agraad.

false

well yeah its a fact

Joy Division was literally years and years ahead of their time

I'd say no.

No they weren't.

Name one band during their time that was even close to their sound.

That's good but New Order were better

Probably your mother.

Oh look, a retard

Oh look autism

Joy Division is timeless New Order ages like shit along with all new wave

What made Joy Division so special?

Honestly speaking, I don't think JD would've lasted even if Ian hadn't kicked the bucket. The dude was pretty much prepping to leave the band after the touring for Closer wrapped up.

the problem with this is that I think that joy division would've gone to the new wave sound if they had continued with curtis

New orders very first album is a masterful mix between the two sounds...it coulda been like that.

I thought it's an obvious fact

>along with all new wave
fuck you buddy elvis costello aged great

This

Television, Siouxsie and the Banshees

Bauhaus

> Siouxsie and the Banshees

No

they were better than new order

not going to lie though, they are one my favorite bands of all time but we probably would have seen them start to decline right after closer

I love Ian but he could only write about his misery for so long and have joy division be as amazing as it was

it really sucks when you consider his suicide was probably what gave the band its legacy

[spoiler]I always figured new order was so poppy because they had to get away from that type of music to move on[/spoiler]

New Order covered way more ground - I know it's clearly due to timespan but you can't really make exceptions.

3 years later

Is Joy Division truly the most boring post-punk has to offer?

Oh yeah there's also Television.

But no, really, I've taken a decent interest in post-punk and explored a lot of its areas and it's very surprising how safe and disappointing JD was.

Only starting to listen to Joy Division, anyone recommend any nice songs to start with?

Nice...albums? Songs? What?

They have two albums both of which are super short. Just fucking listen to them Jesus Christ.