"Rap has so many words and so little said...

"Rap has so many words and so little said. What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone deaf people out there. All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they're happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can't tell one note from another."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NXOm1eJkeg
youtube.com/watch?v=-tRdBsnX4N4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Rolling Stones have so many words and so little said. What Rolling Stones did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone deaf people out there. All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they're happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can't tell one note from another."

Based Keith
kek mad as fuck, stick to Kanye nigger

>guy who hasn't kept up with music since the Carter years (most likely) talking shit about hip-hop

disgrace

I'm a fan of the rolling stones but what did they ever "say"?

This guy literally shits on anything that isn't his own band, he is actually worse than Noel
Also Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in existence

someone really needs to play him some sleaford mods

Nobody gives a fuck about Keith Richards or The Rolling Stones

Also

Lennon > Richards
Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rolling Stones

He is drawing a correct conclusion for pleb reasons.

Keith became fucking retarded in the last decade, he shits on everybody, he should shut the fuck up and learn to actually play the guitar again

he's just trying to distance himself which is fucking ironic because the rolling stones started out as a fucking james brown parody band and everyone knows it

He'll be dead soon anyway

He's not wrong.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is just upset that we wont delve into the subtleties of their retardation.

How does that invalidate his point?

please don't breed

Says the britbong who thinks the president is still Ford

>le "replace one word in the original statement" meme

butthurt

butthurt or not it's still a very accurate statement

Why do old people constantly talk about shit they know nothing about? Do you turn 60 and suddenly hate everything younger generations are doing?

the rolling stones were probably partly responsible for hip hop in the first place, half of their songs aren't even sung, jagger strutting about with his chest out, macho posturing
lots of elements of early rap are right there, he knows it as well the little shit

OH GIRL
PLEASE LET ME GET IN YOUR PANTS GURL
OH YEAH GIRL
WHILE I SNORT SOME AFGHAN GRADE DOPE GIRL

Do old frontmen have nothing better to do than rant about every type of music they don't like and then reminiscence and exaggerate the good old days

Reminder that The Rolling Stones have fucked more 10/10 girls than anyone that ever lived. And the 10/10 girls wanted it, some even begged for it.

>Rolling Stones were propabably partl-

yeah no don't even go any farther with that sentence because it's wrong

Nice argument.

Why do you assume he knows nothing about it?

His comment was about musical structure, not macho posturing, which isnt unique to any one genre.

you didnt even finish the main predicate of the statement man

Because he calls it "rap" and not hip-hop for starters

And? If he cared enough about the music to keep up with the pronouns you demand, he'd be in the retard camp and his opinion would be invalid.

>And the 10/10 girls wanted it
Good, because the alternative is that the Rolling Stones are incredibly prolific supermodel rapists.

So yeah, right know I'll respect this guy's opinion cause he banged so many chicks. Thanks, mate.

>the alternative is that the Rolling Stones are incredibly prolific supermodel rapists.
I'm ok with that.

That's Led Zeppelin

who is more patrician?

Based Plant.

literally who

Embarrassing, at least Keith made some good music in the 60's. Plant's pseudo-blues wailing were unbearable

That happens when you turn 30, kid

Utterly based. Blowing out the alt-rock nu-males yet again. How long before we hear 'muh uncredited african-americans'?

>talks shit about a genre he dosent like
>h-he just dosent know about it! its supposed to be like that!
he just dosent like it man

Everyone itt is giving keith shit but he has lived through literally the ENTIRE history of hip hop and this is his conclusion. He is OBJECTIVELY more qualified than ANY of you to speak on the subject of rap music

According to Gene Simmons, the mark of a successful rock group is the number of chicks you poked.

So has my grandfather.

You could say it about every grandma in the world.

>like the Stones didn't steal from black artists left and right
>implying if Keith were born in 1973 instead of 1943, he wouldn't be stealing from rappers

He's right. The best thing about rap music is the production. That why when you search for a rap song on YouTube, one of the first suggestions is "instrumental". Nobody actually likes listening to gorillas yelling.

>dosent like
>dosent know
>dosent like
Very subtle bait, I muss say.

Trout Mask Replica [Straight, 1969]

I find it impossible to give this record an A because it is just too weird. But I'd like to. Very great played at high volume when you're feeling shitty, because you'll never feel as shitty as this record. B+

Change drum beat to guitar riff and this is actually kind of accurate.

But being tone deaf wouldn't make sense in that case

"In my ideal world, the perfect album would be Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart. Me and Kurt once fucked to that record. It was amazing sex."

And why arent you listening to your grandparents?

They're dead.

So is good taste.

Rap and Hip-Hop are two separate entities. First off, let us not confuse the vocal delivery style know as rapping and the music genre Rap. Rap and Hip-Hop, though sharing the vocal style, are not the same.

Ah ha ha ha, Christgau's attempts to justify misogynistic Stones songs like Starfucker and the entire Some Girls are hilarious.

He thinks only the Stones and Chuck Berry are true rock-and-roll.

>In my ideal world, the perfect album would be Trout Mask Replica
So it's not perfect in this world, but she imagines it being better in another world?

>Also Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in existence
Nah they're rated correctly if they'd retired in 1980.

>misogynistic
Found the nu male cuck

please explain what's misogynistic about them. can't wait to hear this.

I meant more that Christgau was always bawling about misogynistic woman hating rock songs unless it's a band he personally likes.

fucking aut-right retards

Keith Richards is such a bitter man

Rolling Stones stopped being good without Brian Jones anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=4NXOm1eJkeg
Wrong faggot

>anyone who doesn't hate women is a nu male cuck

rap is not a fucking genre

you also shouldn't capitalize genre names

They are more correct than and better than nu males.

>who doesn't hate women

It's possible to appreciate song aesthetics that convey morally ambivalent attitudes. It happens all the time and is how rock and hip-hop rose in the first place.

If you think that people should be disavowed for writing meanie-weenie songs, then you are absolutely a nu mule cuck!

It is. It's stylistically different, thematically different, and often though compositionally different.

Keith's sense of cool is so fucking outdated.

Pray tell, what is "rap" and how does it differ from hip hop? Because it's not an established genre, and I doubt you'll find any worthwhile sources making a distinction between the two

Rap is not a genre in the first place you fucking idiot

meant for

Says the aut-right retard.

Butthurt faggot detected. Go cry on tumblr about mussoggyknees

>hip-hop
>music

>

nigga nigga bitch nigga nigga
nigga fried chicken nigga watermelon nigga
bitch nigga
nigga
white women
titties ass

REEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY Cred Forums

STONES BEST BAND OF ALL TIME

>meinnigger.jpg

I'm a reactionary anarchist. My weltanschauung is beyond the comprehension of such a one as you.

You're a dumb animal that can only react to stimulus. If you had a political party the mascot would be a jellyfish yelling about racism while being devoured by a sea turtle.

fuck da otha nigga
fuck da whitey
fuck da hos
fuck da pawlice
fuck da fuck
fuck da fugg
nigga
shit
tricks
hoes
money
dolla dolla

PLATINUM ALBUM

>Rap has so many words and so little said.
This is true, rap is predictable as shit lyrically. For a genre that's all about lyrics nobody really has anything interesting to say.

>I don't understand nuance
>HA GOT EM

>caring about the Rolling Stones
>any year after the 1970s
Shig.

BASED. Rap is degenerating society.

there's a rap crew called rolling stones or rolling stonez or some shit
can't find the link but it's good, they all dress like the rolling stones i think the lead rapper or whatever is called wack jigger or dick wacker or something

Even wears a fedora. Noice.

fucking kek

but seriously Keith Richards is a tool and so are the fans of his shit band

Based as fuck

RHCP is trash

BASED MF

>nu-males
>listen to the chili peppers
im willing the bet the TMV crowd is more nu-male than the RHCP crowd

>like you didn't have their CDs when you were 13

holy fuck
this

Then again, he's much wealthier and has had way more sex than anyone on Cred Forums, so...

hip-hop is a style, a genre
rap is a vocal technique

so?

too bad keith isn't

I had Creed CDs when I was 13. That doesn't mean I still listen to them or think they were a good band.

fucking kek

I've honestly never liked them

My favorite bands when I was 13 were Pink Floyd and Genesis

There wouldn't have been a RHCP in the first place without Led Zeppelin inventing stadium buttrock, so...

Le born in the rong generashuners are even worse than Creed fans. "Oh, I'm a special snowflake because I listen to AC/DC instead of, like, My Chemical Romance or something."

No shit, but this guy claims it's a genre and thinks he knows what he's talking about. He is clearly wrong, but I'm giving him a chance to explain what he thinks the difference is

PLOT TWIST: neither rap or hip-hop are genres

MCR is objectively shit though.

Hip Hop is just EDM with nigger noises.

2/10; trying too hard

So's AC/DC for that matter.

He's right about this.

he's not

I think Plant fried his brain with coke some decades ago.

Wew stay mad over there. He has plenty of good things to say about people, they are just artists that are chronologically before my (and likely your) time.
Ooof how does it feel to be such a pleb.
So goddamn mad right here.
I hate everything my own generation is doing you faggot.
Mad as fuck. But really all rap songs are about this, much more so.
He doesn't even talk about the old days really. He just talks about old music he likes. He's not a guy who sits around reminiscing.
Fuck right off.
Your thought process makes me fuckin sick and I guarantee you're gay.
No.
Fucking faggot.
Your sense of cool is guaranteed shit.
Wrong again.

Rolling Stones is shit dad

sorry

They were alright in 1971.

They were good in the 60s, good in the 70s, good in the 80s, good in the 90s, good in the 00s, and they're good now!

youtube.com/watch?v=-tRdBsnX4N4

I've never been a fan of country rock, but from that era, Aerosmith were better at it.

This is true, the beatles are head and shoulders above the rolling stones

Or BTO.