What comes after avant-teen?

what comes after avant-teen?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/04/the_odd_recomme.html
youtu.be/lZ8zYI6ZQGI
imslp.org/wiki/Israel_in_Egypt,_HWV_54_(Handel,_George_Frideric)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you stupid? post-avant-teen

Poptimist.

what comes after that?

I avant-garde a clue

Delete this

yes

Embracing poptimism

poptimism is bad, though

I can only speak for myself, but once I realized how pop music had effected these genres of music, ambient, drone, experimental the list goes on ect. I had begun to broad my horizons.
So I don't think that's too far off

listening to art music exclusively

specifically split between common practice and contemporary, not one or the other

new sincerity

only good post ITT

avant-teens become poptimists, avant-adults become classicalfags

>tfw you transited from avant-teen to metalhead

If you haven't listened to everything on the NWW list then you haven't completed the avant-teen stage

kys

one thing

Art music because your brain becomes so big and smart from listening to challenging music it becomes the only kind of music you can tolerate

>the NWW list
what's that

You haven't even started being avant-teen yet, have you?

that's actually what comes directly before avant-teen

t. embryo

the guys from nurse with wound put out a two-part list of influences and artists they liked with limited runs of their first two lp's. just google it

>BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/04/the_odd_recomme.html

I despise pop, but some elements of it definitely influenced the Canterbury scene bands. They were trying to play danceable versions of jazz songs, so that's where the pop influenced their compositions. Here's a video of Robert Wyatt and Richard Coughlan (Caravan) talking about this:
youtu.be/lZ8zYI6ZQGI

Good use of trips

>I despise pop

10/10

Wrong.

Wow it's almost like all the progressive and experimental rock groups from the late 1960s and 1970s were directly predicated on well-crafted pop music. Who knew?

What the fuck is Carl (?) doing to that goat?

petting its sounds

They enter their post-college 20s and they become busier and don't have the time to obsess over RYM and music becomes less of a life-defining thing, so they default back to whatever Pitchfork or TMT recommends.

radfem poptimism

good job, proud of you

The Horbs is a NEET, though.

You either:

- Realize avant-teen music is for talentless hacks and start listening to actual art music (aka classical)
- Realize avant-teen music is too challenging and demanding and become a poptimist

only good answer ITT

We need more people like you

You start listening to whatever you want once you realize that the "avant-garde" is dead and obsolete and has been for decades. You start listening to music for quality and artistic merit instead of how artsy and "experimental" it seems. Most new avant-teen music is just a retread of modern classical ideas from 70s and earlier anyways.

Not true, ze goes to college
it's probably some useless degree though lmao

the avant-dad

THE

Had Carnival Of Light been released when it was supposed to be released it would have eclipsed everything the Beach Boys, Zappa or TVU were doing at the time.

astronomically shitty opinion

Sometimes truth is a shitty thing

Yeah we all remember how Revolution 9 changed the face of the music forever.

listening to 2013 sicko mobb and crying

Ironically listening to dance music exclusively with faux-sincerity and talking like a tumblr user. Bonus points if you attack Les Rallizes Denudes and the No Wave scene aggressively.

The people who pretended to like edgy mallgoth like Cukor Bila Smert and This Heat become passive-agressive Poptimists because "muh unpretentiousness, fun and lack of elitism"

The people who pretended to like Futurism and Serialism go on to claim that Romantic and Baroque were the best musical eras of all time and give everything that isn't Classical a 0.5

>Romantic
Outed yourself as a retard who knows absolutely nothing.

all these (you)s for a 2011 post

OK. That one was nice.

>pretended to like
Why do you assume that other people would be as shallow as you?

That's a purely hypothetical situation. A highly experimental and avant-garde album of a previous boy band being released in the peak of their careers and commercial success - that's just not happening. And I assume you'd probably know why as a Beatles fan.

WOW you have been here for a LONG time. I can't believe you remember that joke form 2011 when I only just heard it for the first time!!! I wish I could be as much of an oldfag as you :////////

Because he's insecure and addicted to comfortable narratives.

Nice meme argument. Even though I don't voluntarily listen to pop music, I do have a number of pop musicians that I have nothing but respect for. And I've acknowledged what pop music did to music in general and how it helped influence other genres of music in a positive or a negative way.

we reddit now

>he probably thinks that Michael Jackson and Madonna invented pop music

how actually fucking clueless are you? you post like a year 1 music listener

>A person who listens to ridiculously obscure and/or inaccessible music, watches experimental and/or foreign films, and reads postmodern and/or avant-garde books.
Oh, boy. I guess this means that Lynch's and Bergman's films are just not worth watching because they're not blockbusters and because they're experimental.

>I despise pop
>I have a number of pop musicians that I have nothing but respect for
kek

I'm saying that YOU think that MJ and Madonna invented pop, retard. how actually fucking clueless are you? you post like a year 1 english speaker

I stopped bothering and replying to obvious baits and I'd suggest you do too.

All the wannabe Classical elitists like that Beethoven meme performance. Unless you're upset by using the term "Romantic"

Though, they all universally believe that Bach is the best artist of all time and everyone else is simply inferior.

If you ever take a moment to talk to these people about things, they are either tumblr-tier passive aggressive and try to brush you off, or they give a completely worthless comment that shows they did not pay any attention to what they listened to.

I said that I don't voluntarily listen to pop and go out of my way to do so, but I guess it was too convenient to not quote that part.

Overrated post

>this thread

u guys need to stop whining, take a cold shower and listen to this:
imslp.org/wiki/Israel_in_Egypt,_HWV_54_(Handel,_George_Frideric)

>Beethoven
>Romantic
You've done it again.

I'm glad I'm a retard that doesn't understand these fake musical terms that internet people discuss endlessly as if they're actually a real thing and something to judge one's music taste upon

THE MUST

ITT: anons who are genuinely bothered by all of this lmao

no shit retard but if you think the implication of pop's tenuous merit stems from mj and madonna in >this thread< of all places then you need to open a book

Holy fucking shit. You clearly lack basic reading comprehension skills.

This thread full of new friends and goofys

Idgi

goes from
>I despise pop music
to
>I don't voluntarily listen to pop music and go out of my way to do so
to
>I have a number of pop musicians that I have nothing but respect for

Happy?

Trips confirm post of the year

Twelve.

Count me the FUCK in, sicko mobb bangs

>some butthurt christfags went out of their way to make a series of meme images implying that all atheists are fedora-wearing "neckbeards" for not believing in their irrelevant sky-daddy
pathetic

plebs become complacent indie fans or poptimists
posers find a scene to be a part of
people genuinely interested in experimental music presumably continue to explore it and/or progress to jazz or classical

This thread is most likely than not just a bait, but I see nothing wrong with wanting to expand your taste in music and open your ears up to new sounds. As long as you're not acting like people on Cred Forums about it in real life, I don't see a problem. And shouldn't this board encourage the discovery of ''new'' music?

stop posting on Cred Forums sir george harrison you literally died like 15 years ago

>he thinks I'm dead
Check my casket faggot

>what comes after avant-teen?

Rekt-trap

Have another (you) for this excellent post, good sir.

I used to be avant-teen. Now I listen exclusively to the greatful dead

Even worse

I dont get this expression. Pls explain

So you avant-garde a clue about it?

Include me in le screen cap hehe xD

Wew

Oh fuck

Fans it feels as though I am being smelted by a furnace of Minecraft

>GIVE ME THE JUICE

Cred Forums

Highlight of my life tbqhfam