/prod/ - Music Production General

Talk about music production, composition, songwriting and audio engineering.

Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback.

>ATTENTION!
DO NOT post Soundcloud, YouTube or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That is considered self promotion and will usually result in a bad feedback.

>LEARNING RESOURCES

(Obligatory mixing course)
>The Art of Mixing by David Gibson
youtu.be/TEjOdqZFvhY

(Obligatory synthesis course + additional related videos)
>Intro to Synthesis by New York School of Synthesis
youtu.be/atvtBE6t48M

YouTube channels that you should subscribe to:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>BusyWorksBeats (same as above, a lot of good new content coming)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

>Justin Omoi
youtube.com/channel/UCMnmXvv9JHJPsrrob-gEn5A

>WarBeats
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Samori Coles (not many videos, but a few good ones on compression and EQ)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

>Image Line Tutorials (for FL Studio users)
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

>READ THIS BEFORE ASKING WHERE TO BEGIN

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/obld1p50
soundcloud.com/jormangod/expedition
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-modern-day
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-exploration
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-the-321
youtube.com/watch?v=16aa5NtpVbw
clyp.it/2udhmgpb
vocaroo.com/i/s132vptwvDWs
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-untitled
clyp.it/qo0cy2d3
clyp.it/seai1rbd
youtube.com/watch?v=zRWOHVznung
soundcloud.com/daydream_anatomy/alesso-payday-2-finished
clyp.it/4ueytyrg
clyp.it/wmrwxquq
clyp.it/kjfs3l2z
youtube.com/watch?v=cdOjIjZX4xk
youtube.com/watch?v=FSmMoVf1j_8
clyp.it/41t1jdjj
clyp.it/pslh2wws
clyp.it/0bceoabo
clyp.it/mhkkhesf
clyp.it/btezf01m
clyp.it/rap2ojn1
clyp.it/igtgs05n
izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/vinyl.html
clyp.it/0htodbz4
clyp.it/yo3f1gbh
clyp.it/3j2sq4ay
youtube.com/watch?v=be1o2EuOKIA
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-midnight-shrooms
clyp.it/04cprmz0
clyp.it/gtajueqc
clyp.it/qdmafkmx
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-lucid-moon
clyp.it/4kz3wfzn
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-1-defeat
soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-future-rap
clyp.it/sdp2av5w
clyp.it/4xrxyudj
clyp.it/tmd0ikey
nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
clyp.it/fb0pm4xh
clyp.it/qr0jais3
clyp.it/mb4wwpmw
clyp.it/ii5sp4t1
clyp.it/3cif0mxt
clyp.it/iyrb0ajq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PREVIOUS THREAD:

thank you for putting us out of our misery OP

NP, even though I'm afraid that shitposting will continue for the third thread in a row.

A B L E T O N
B
L
E
T
O
N

Let's have the original prod pic next time and not have jb for a start

>no mono

There's a utility effect which allows it.

What's the point of mono anyways ? Is it mainly used in pop music for radio and stuff?

here's my unfinished track
clyp.it/obld1p50

STOP FUCKING DAW FLAMEWARRING FUCKING PLEBS

Who cares if it changes a few times...

What amount of time have you poured in your current project, anons? And how long it is currently?

I'm at about 12 hours in. Produced the whole day yesterday, though. Around 3 and a half minutes long, never went that far, but this one needs to be longer and I actually have a lot of ideas for a change.

soundcloud.com/jormangod/expedition

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-modern-day

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-exploration

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jbenitex-the-321

old tracks jbenitex

better then your mom tracks

some clubs are still wired in mono

if someone's playing your tune off a cellphone speaker it's probably in mono

any system with a sub will be mono'd under certain frequency ranges

doing an initial, rough, mix in mono can often help set baseline levels pretty decently.

always check your mix in mono, if only to make sure you don't get phasing issues when collapsing to mono. it's crucial.

i got this new hip hop beat ill upload pretty badass

LOL TO NEW?! XD

these threads fucking suck literally no good has come of them

ouch that hurts man

Sorry

Sometimes there is only shitposting for a whole week and then it goes back to normalposting and goodposting.

(You)
(You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)

Next level autism. Go back to producing you fucking kid.

Autism is a gift in my case, I have an IQ of over 150 which makes me technically a genius thanks to my autism. I've been going through school all my life being bored out of my fucking brains getting at least 95% on all my tests (and all the incorrect answers were silly mistakes) because I'm just too fucking smart for school I can't wait for everyone else to learn something I already knew within the first day or too of being taught it. Every year I scored the best of my year on these stupid multiple choice tests we do and the headmaster came to my class to tell me that, which obviously resulted in being called a 'nerd' which is true but I shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

I recently became home educated so I could learn at my own pace and I'm getting my GCSEs done in 1/4 of the time everyone else has to do it in, I'm also doing more than double the average amount of GCSEs that usually would be done.

I used to get paid $30 an hour working online, which is more than the teaching assistants at my old school earned, it was so fun pointing that out to them.

So, in conclusion, calling someone autistic is not an insult, in my case, it makes me highly gifted.

One more thing, I don't know if this has anything to do with my autism but I am a sociopath so I'm not hindered by irrational emotions like guilt, compassion, empathy etc.

haha, the most satisfying this is to know that you will all see this as a waste of a natural gift that I am undeserving hahaha, that brings me great satisfaction.

I'm practically perfect, let the jealousy flow through you.

What's the best DAW for music like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=16aa5NtpVbw

> reposting

clyp.it/2udhmgpb

Something I wrote for a part in a story, I just want an atmospheric piece that encompasses some sort of dread. My main issue with it is the strings that start around 3 minutes in. And the twangy guitar. I feel like they add to the "distance" of it but they don't really convey that sense of dread I am going for where they are looking out at an evil fortress after their ship crashes.

Then at 5:45 there's this nice kind of alien howly sound that I like. It is at least decent at getting that dread feeling across. Still needs work but whatever.

So I am curious.... how should I rearrange / reorder this piece? Is it possible to keep the twangy guitars or should I just move them to a different piece? Or make two alternate versions like I did for another of my songs? I just feel like the guitar part adds some variety so it's not just shitty growling noises for 10 minutes. But I want it to feel strange and alien and terrifying. Like you would looking at a glowing evil fortress from miles away on a cold night. I dunno. Any advice would be nice. If someone wants to just put it on the in the background while they are browsing and let me know what they think it would help me a lot.

Some people might hate me for this, but Protools seems like a similar environment to the recording methods of the day. Just don't expect much in the way of virtual instruments.

google what the producer used, might be pro tools or something like that

Use ableton

>find 70's track samples
>use track in sampler add delay and chorus
>record the audio from that track to one of the tracks
>boom created a new sample
>put sample in sampler and re-sample it till you reach space age sounds

Like i understand creating track like that might take real instruments but at the same time you can create your own sounds by re-sampling and like use those sounds with your instruments

re-sampling sounds is a good way to learn with sample belongs to which sample

>70s disco drums
>string machines
>orchestra
>monosynth
>harpsichord/clav
>self-oscillating tape delay
I'd look into Kontakt. You shouldn't be concerned with what DAW, but moreso what plugins will get you that sound.

>uses kontakt

wtf u talking about pleb

re-sampling audio is for professionals
re-creating sounds to use in production

lol using presets that contact gives u with no re-sampling knowledge leads to gay as fucking pleb tracks u know what I'm saying lol

>lol using presets that Kontakt gives u

how would resampling be any better than using kontakt instruments?

I know you're trying to pull the jbenny schtick, but it's really not that funny when you talk this hard out of your ass

Same names in both posts replying to each other.

Hmmmmm...

When u start buying sample packs then you'll learn that re-sampling comes in handy because just using one sample with no effects give the track no meaning at all

Like how he create that sound?
if he just used a preset or a patch on a synthesizer without creating it means its not good at all

Re-sampling audio gives you more then one sample that came from one sample

Like you can remove the low-end,the mid-end and high-end or activate them and de-activate them with effects or parameters

There's so many ways to create sounds without cheating like using a preset

aka >mornings and centurials

idk what that dude is all mad about
something must have pissed him off here, so now he carries on the mantle of Jorman's shitposting

Yeah man teaching someone to use presets will not make them better musicians

they should learn to manipulate audio at a young producer age so they can get better at fucking music

plebs

This post feels like I'm in a MDE skit.

Like i said

>teaching someone to use presets will not make them better musicians

lol

you're worthless bro

first off, your questions aren't really /prod/ questions and you're better off asking the composition guys in their threads.

regardless, the piece is compositionally and timbrally dull for the most part, imo.

it might work (barely) as accompaniment for something else, but as a standalone piece it falls quite short.

the majority of the piece is two notes (corresponding chords) repeating for the longest time - now this, in an of itself, is not necessarily a bad thing - it's just that you have to sound spectacular to pull that off for a piece longer than, say, 2 minutes.

and your strings, do not sound spectacular. if you don't want go down the synethetic vagelis route, have a listen to alva noto's xerrox series. if you want a short, looped phrase and recording is beyond your means, consider resampling existing orchestral material. getting multi-sampled strings to sound right is usually a pain in the ass unless they're significantly manipulated.

the vocals towards the end are the only thing i'd keep (arranged differently). the bass is a maybe but scrap it tentatively, along with everything else.

oh and if you want a guitar, use a steel string acoustic, it'll sit better.

good luck. just an opinion.

Alright I'll ask there, thanks.

It's mostly meant to be just shitty background music.

If my beats are too good how do I fuck them?

You give them to me to mix them.

Master them in Ableton

>get better at fucking music
what did he mean by this?

If you don't love music enough to have a passionate sex with her, you ain't gonna make it and rather just quit now and try to find something you will really like to do in your life.

vocaroo.com/i/s132vptwvDWs

Rate my work.

I like it

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-untitled

just practicing rate me

you have to export as mono in ableton live

Almost as good as mine
clyp.it/qo0cy2d3

oops that one got cut short
clyp.it/seai1rbd

I put an airhorn bank for kontakt out yesterday.
youtube.com/watch?v=zRWOHVznung

Got the idea because I'd never made a sample bank, and airhorn remixes on youtube I've seen have gotten over 3 million views.

Surely I've made the world a better place, I couldn't google airhorn vst, sample bank, kontakt library, or soundfont and find anything.
Now people can.

I did not include the script that made NI want to activate a product I made, I just did that for my own amusement.

just slap a utility on your master and set width to 0%

send it to zomby

>speakers blew up

lel

I laughed at some of the lyrics.

does it turn them into mono audio files the same as the export option ?

Never heard of him.

I still don't know if the sample bank opens properly on other pc's/kontakt 5, if I put all the right stuff in the .zip. Had 0 downloads when I went to bed, it had 17 when I woke up.

it should sound identical. if you want to bounce to mono, export settings is the way to go, but if you just want to check your mix on the fly utility's just more convenient.

Also if you want to hear something of mine that's a little more serious.
soundcloud.com/daydream_anatomy/alesso-payday-2-finished

Though I did take that sample thing sorta seriously, I spent time on it and ran it through tuners to make sure the air horns were as tuned as possible, they they naturally have a hellish pitch bend I guess.

u melon

That makes three shitty /prod/s in a row, guess I'll check back in a few weeks.

it will still be shit when you get back

You are just letting a couple samefaggots win by doing that.

no. don't be an idiot.

Wait, why are you talking about gamedev in a music production thread?

Oh, just a mistake, ok. they have their general on Cred Forums if you maybe didn't know.

I'm drunk and thought I was in agdg, not prod. I'll see myself out.

Is this motive familiar to you guys? (3 seconds listen).

clyp.it/4ueytyrg

I don't know if there is some theme from a film or animation which sounds similar. Really important since I'm planning to compose around it some parts but it just sounds like I've heard it somewhere, i don't know. Hope it's not, but still have to ask.

>motif*

does sound familiar. want to say a film but can't place it. make a thread.

Yes

Hmm yeah, the worst thing is that I don't know if I should use it or not. According to the sound of it, I'd bet it would be from some fantasy film, or something from disney/pixar (sad, reflective scene, possibly during the night or something like that), but I just can't tell.

clyp.it/wmrwxquq
what do we think, did I strike gold

Worth continuing? scratchpad idea

Everything I start sounds too 90s.. I can't into modern sounds
clyp.it/kjfs3l2z

>sounds too 90s
it's entirely the groove on the hi hats that makes you feel this way

rape hentai credits music

>Cred Forums-tier DAW wars

Welp R.I.P. /prod/

anyone else produce in ableton and then mix in pro tools?

Any tips on recording live hip hop jams?

I see.. I shall 'trap' up those hi hats then, fellow kid

yo prod i need a link/magnet for izotope ozone 5 (for win 10)

Holy fucking shit Kylie Minogue's french house phase blows my damn mind
Shit is so on point, would fit any french house set effortlessly even though it's pop
youtube.com/watch?v=cdOjIjZX4xk
I mean this shit straight up sounds like early Daft Punk

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS NIGGA
For all the newfags, this utter waste used to spam his shit music all over Cred Forums
RIP in peace /prod/ threads t b h

so i really wanna learn how to DJ like dj screw

youtube.com/watch?v=FSmMoVf1j_8

how does he get the samples to sound deep and low? he's 1200 turntables but the pitch on the turntables doesnt go that low?

people have been trying to figure this out forever

his level of production has yet to be copied or met. No one really cared during the time he was producing all of his tapes , let alone wanted to see HOW he did it, then he died.

>samples sound so low

Literally what samples? He's just scratching in that video

>Literally what samples? He's just scratching in that video
i know senpai , but his production on making and recording mixes live directly from his turntables , is something i dont know how he does.
the song he is scatching over is a fat pat song but the chopped and screwed verison of the song that he did.

so from what from what ive been told , it was very bare bones how he did it but equipment based. If you see in the video he has a certain type of mixer which i have yet to find out which it is but from what my friend tells me he used alot of box plug in kind how you would set up a guitar with guitar pedals but in this case replace the guitar with turntables. But its just Theory

3 years. But probably 1-1.5 years of actually working on tunes everyday

clyp.it/41t1jdjj
just listen to it

clyp.it/pslh2wws

A little better than some of my previous stuff

I'm looking to buy a mixer. I'll probably get either a Samson MDR8, a Behringer UB1202, or a Yamaha MG10.

Anyone have any input on which one I should get?

I just need something simple for messing around in my room and maybe doing some recording

ask Cred Forums for hardware.

what is the mixing tip that has helped you the most?

okie dokes

subtractive eq. it can be a double edged-sword tho.

clyp.it/0bceoabo

a collab with another cool guy

an attempt was made

clyp.it/mhkkhesf

Anything that suits your needs and does what you want it to do. Behringer is notorious for kinda meh gear, but everything is pretty much fair game. Look for good value rather than what is the best best best

>clyp.it/mhkkhesf
neat idea, and intro. half a ditty, 1/10th of a song

nice loop bruh

thanks pal. And yeah, I know it isnt finished, was tryna throw some ideas together

here's something i spent an hour or two on
clyp.it/btezf01m

nice, i like this a lot!

wait 10 years and you gonna be god when it becomes fashionable again

>tfw bought splice subscription, logic pro x, some nice headphones and a small midi keyboard

feels good man

any new purchases /prod/?

gonna buy Ozone pretty soon. Don't think mastering my own stuff is a good idea, but the other guy in my duo music project wants to, and he bought us Serum, so

oh nice. I've been thinking about ozone also. What sort of music do you guys make?

>jbenitex comes back
>he's not even the biggest shitposter anymore
congratulations anti-ableton autist, you've really outdone yourself

This is a really dumb question, but what is a bus/comp and what are they used for? Is there anyplace I can find a list of terminology and what it does?

she has mad lordosis

thanks friend, really makes ya think about trenders
squarp pyramid. Eager to get it

post decent stuff to drown out funposters

>snip
clyp.it/rap2ojn1

So i have a synth sample that I got from a sample pack. How do I go about using this in logic? I can't drag and drop it and I have had no luck with the EX sampler. Any advice guys?

I'm trying to record my guitar through a dynamic mic I have connected to my computer but there is only one audio jack hole and whenever I plug the microphone jack (which is 1/4 inch) through an adapter into the audio hole it becomes a speaker/mic instead of just being a microphone, help for this?

comfy

You don't have any audio interface?

clyp.it/igtgs05n

Some stuff I'm doing for a friend as a going away thing. Trying to get an oldschool lo-fi sound. Any feedback/criticisms are welcome.

>clyp.it/igtgs05n
Get some better crackles, the sounds sound too muffled desu

i was going for a muffled, very squished EQ for the overall sound. I think clypit actually opened up the EQ compared to how it is in the DAW lol. Also how would i go about finding a better crackle, considering i don't have a record player. And thanks for the insight

izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/vinyl.html
Or just record/sample rain or something and make it sound like a crackles.

>not realising that IQ only calculate how the brain processes tasks, not pure intelligence.

Do you seriously jerk your own dick because of your "IQ"?

How about taking some white noise and running it throw a high pass filter? Should sound enough like rain

It's a pasta bolognese my dude.

Could work but dunno if its going to be random enough

actually found a preset for crackles in massive lol, we in there now

working with FL

>spending an hour on making a synth without saving a project, just to press the little arrow that changes to a preset by accident

>having found the perfect sample, pressing your middle mouse key in the browser by accident, replacing your sample

>having the stretch function in the playlist on by accident and stretching a 30 minute long piece of audio with stretching mode set to auto.

I am, after 5 years or something seriously considering to switch DAW.

I've postponed this as much as I could but now that I've started losing the objectivity due to listening to it all the time I'll ask you guys for a feedback.

There is still a lot of arrangement and instrumentation changes to be done, as well as a composition and a shitton of other things. I'm sure this will be the first piece I'll finish because I went pretty far with it (for my standards at least).

If there is some big mixing problem that I can't hear, please tell me (I'm still fighting with clarity in some parts, especially with cello). Thanks again to that user for helping me, I was close to dropping it like all the others.

clyp.it/0htodbz4

You can undo the last one, but yeah.

yeah I meant the part where you have to wait for like 10 minutes straight and wait for the program to finish stretching.

Oh yeah, even though there is a note on the loading panel that you can cancel it with ESC but it never works.

you could undo all of them in a real daw

That made me think

>clyp.it/0htodbz4
I like this don't drop it
I think you're in your head too much

A bus is when you take the audio from one or multiple tracks, and route it to another track (think like a real transit bus, that picks up from one location and drops off at another).

A bus compressor (also known as glue compressor) is used make multiple sounds gel together as one. So you would apply this to the track that other tracks are bus'ed/routed to.

>using a compressor

Thank you, I definitely won't drop it.

>clyp.it/kjfs3l2z
Referencing

Literally the best thing

>bitwig is poor mans ableton

any Chicago mans going to Machinedrum/RP Boo next week?

Thinking about it user... but don't know how i feel about it being at that venue in the chop shop. Have you been to a show there?

I wish he was playing at smart bar instead.

hello m888s, computer died a few weeks ago so I'm having a break from producing, no DAW on my computer yet

I need something that can interpret my audiointerface (ur22) as stereo input but don't want to install ableton for this
recording not needed, it's just for practice

to elaborate, I have a stereo signal coming into the interface and my speakers hooked up to the interface
without a daw both get interpreted as mono and played on top of each other on both L and R
any idea for a quick fix?

I've never been to a show there. What's it like? Smartbar is usually my go-to as well.

Any Producers here from Texas ?

chop shop is a hip deli/charcuterie restaurant with a stage in the back that is typically reserved for weddings and company events. I know they have shows there, just never been. def doesn't have that smart bar dark/cold basement vibe

Hmm.. well, I still might be interested in going. I've thoroughly enjoyed almost all of their releases. Kinda looking for ppl to go with, since nobody I know here is into bleeps/footwork. how bout it?

Any idea if Pro Tools First can be used for commercial purposes?

How to load multiple VST folders in Ableton?

I'm going to make an album exclusively sampling ABBA

maybe make a shortcut to the folders you want to add and put it in the original folder where ableton scans?
don't have ableton right now, don't know if it works

I experienced psychosis last night ama

/prod/ goes /x/?

So... what's the best FREE DAW?

>free

Push 2.
Played with it a little last night out of the box and I like it.

just got u-he ace
what a neat synth

clyp.it/yo3f1gbh
what u think fellas

That's because 99% of people in these threads don't actually know anything and have some nasally nerd internet ego where they're too proud to actually ask questions and git gud, instead they give vague advice to look kool

>but I'm different from those guys!

lol i made this pasta when i was 14

I do ask questions and too many dunning kruger cunts chime in

I might if I can find anyone who wants to go. Haven't seen Machinedrum in a few years and I'm getting the itch but I'm positive the crowd is gonna suck or irritate me

clyp.it/3j2sq4ay
I still wish I had actual instruments

slowhopcore/10

too repitive though add some variety please

lol really? you mean like teenie bopper fuckboys on molly? that was my experience when i saw dj spinn at double door.. absolutely disgusting. i saw dj manny at smartbar and the crowd was great though. idk what to expect really, im newish to this city.

anyway, my kik/skype is chiggywawa if you wanna keep in touch. would b cool to know fellow chicago /prod/ heads

>RP Boo

youtube.com/watch?v=be1o2EuOKIA

what a hot hot beat

just don't...

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-midnight-shrooms

drug song new
rate it nigga

>rate it nigga
no sc links nigga

but its new :(

rate it now

do any free DAWs come with audio samples

>preset audio samples from daw

lol pleb
create your own samples and make your own sample library you pleb

One shot recording live mix from studio

but how do you create sounds with no preloaded sounds i mean
i am a pleb

Use virtual studio instrument plugin
>use sample packs from internet

>buy sample packs from internet

I bought over 500 bucks worth of sample packs and I use the sample add effects then re-sample it to a new audio track with the same re-sampling technique i use to create new sounds

i have no idea what any of this is or how to get started i just think it looks cool and want to make noises

>I bought over 500 bucks worth of sample packs

what happened to the jbenitex from 3 years ago that would shitpost endlessly about how using any kind of samples is bad

Lol that used to be me

Learning that any samples can be part of your track makes you learn that you become better then your past self at learning which sample belongs in your track

including from any sample pack or patches from synthesizers

it takes time to learn and you have gifted ears mean it doesn't matter if your good or not, practicing. One day you'll make your best track

>3 years ago
What the fuck

how are my drums?

clyp.it/04cprmz0

clyp.it/gtajueqc

Here's A Hip Hop beat i'm working on I think it needs scratching or a rapper over it still

sup frogposters, i need feedback on this shit. no need to suck up just keep it real

clyp.it/qdmafkmx

>unfinished as fuck, supposed to be dance, not a pro i do this for fun

I would honestly love to hear your tunes because you sound like the most basic of plebs. Doesn't matter how you get to the end result as long as you get there. Everything else is masturbation, which is what you mostly seem interested in

lol whats your music knowledge pleb?

ill upload a best track right now if you're a fucking pussy

I'm actually listening to your stuff now posted earlier in the thread. You sound like you've been producing for 2 weeks. Not interested in anything you have moving forward

Lol are u retarded or something?
Overall on all my songs i have over 100,000 plays

I dare you to upload a new track
uploading my new track

You understand that every sample in my song is my fucking original sample that I created either through patches or re-sampling

i don't think you're better then me

Either this is b8 or you're just really that stupid. No one gaf how a sample is produced or where it came from. When you realize that, you'll actually make good music. Plays don't matter if you shill your sc in production threads. Save it for sc shilling threads

uploading new track that 1000000000x better then your track

>]
I laugh that you don't even know what I do

I do one shot recording of live mixes of my samples and audio

Don't bother, I'm done talking to you. Holler when you get better at producing and stop belittling people who use sample packs

Lol pleb that he is probably uses presets

Because a kid that uses a preset in a song that isn't his means he's good?

how fucking retarded can you be

A track that was created with original samples is way better then a track that uses presets that were not even his means your fucking stupid

here it is

just new from the studio

lol pleb i dare you to vs this song

I dare you to play this song

It'll make you cry that your a fucking stupid faggot that doesn't know how to make music

>pic of me

lol faggot

T b h I kinda like your trolling kek.

plus just uploaded that new song

its fresh from the studio

Serious question. Do professionals create their own presets, or it's just a meme? I personally give priority to the composition, and if the music is catchy after 2 or 3 listenings.

this was supposed to be talk about music, instead it´s two pre-teens pissing at each other´s shoes and circlejerking while at it
just fuck off to facebook or something nobody cares about your drama queen moments

So I was using Mixcraft but I'm thinking of moving on to either Ableton or FL

I don't need opinions on which DAW to get but I'm wondering if there's a way I can move all the VST's I used on Mixcraft to another DAW, because I had a lot

Both of these can scan for VSTs in chosen folders

this -> it isn't very difficult
i use FL but you should probably go with ableton, it seems to be what all the top dogs are using

does anyone have that YouTube video of some dude making tutorials on how to make music through some old windows xp era midi program, with his CRT monitor and pretty much everything on his room looking like it was the 90s?

he was really enthusiastic about it and his music was terrible but I want to watch it again it because it was really fun for some reason.

I don't get it. I've never done anything on turntables before, but it sounds like when everyone else scratches.
What's so unique about this?

RIP

is this 80s enough?

clyp.it/4kz3wfzn

any eurorack users around?

need some help completing my system and don't know what it appropriate

doesn't sound 80s at all tbqh
supersaws didn't even exist until late 90s

does it sound good tho

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-1-defeat

experimenting track with hip hop sounds original samples

rate it

5/5
You produced any big names yet?

dope stuff man i really liked it 10/10

it sounds good, i like the chords and modulation.

the lead part gets repetitive and boring tho...specifically the first 4 notes that are the same every phrase.

there is seriously no way anyone would ever give that kys-tier awful shit a 10/10.

that tripfag has reached next level shitposting

Deja vu is really strong right now.

lol pleb

lol pleb

me in future

>me in studio with Beyonce

at least your nose is looking better

Holy shit these threads have gone downhill. They were pretty good last week. Maybe they're good alternating weeks?

yes, they probably spend 80% of their time doing that

Any good tutorial about DAW's basics and concepts? Newfag here.

Choose DAW first
???

jbenitex appeared this week for the first time in years

/prod/ is dead for the foreseeable future

you need an audio i/o unit bruv. get your hands on a focusrite scarlett or something

Check out SeamlessR in the OP and his tutorials on basics of FL studio.

ehh, thats just a bit too weird for me. sorry user.

I'm to find some more vst's. Any recommendations on synths and stuff? This shit is so damn expensive omnisphere is twice as much as my daw was.

What DAW you using, homie?

soundcloud.com/jormangod/jorman-god-future-rap

finished track uploaded just now

rate it

>awesome beat
>voice samples
>original beat and sample

All your shit is unlistenable wtf, do you even mix?

don't listen

I know how to mix

idk why u plebs keep crying on my underground scene of hip hop instruments and electronic music

anybody have a crack/free download for fl studio?
or are there any alternatives?

but ty for feedback

hope u understand that I'm just wanting to make music for everyone on Cred Forums and you too

i have older tracks with more then one thousand plays if u want to listen

>tracks from 3 years ago
Time to try a different hobby, lad

lel

ty for feedback

did anyone see lolina or dean blunt in toronto last week

was it good or was it mumbo jumbo

oops wrong thread

FIDDY BANDS FIDDY BANDS

I bought a scarlett 2i2 and tried installing it, it for some reason seems to be installing as a network device or some shit, tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works, anyone had this problem and can help?

install the drivers off their website

Yeah I'm using their drivers that I got on the site after activating, tried installing without having it plugged in, restarted and everything but its doing the exact same thing every time

Wannabe videogame musician here. I posted a song here before and have been working on mixing and mastering recently... tell me if you think I'm making progress.

Current
clyp.it/sdp2av5w

The one I posted last time
clyp.it/4xrxyudj

I lowered the pitch because I prefer it that way... probably because I spent too much time listening to it.

>bit music
stand in line unoriginal faglord

watup bois i posted this earlier this week and got nothing. is it trash? :(

>clyp.it/tmd0ikey

Could be an error in the USB interface of the 2i2, identifying itself to Windows as a network device?

Alternatively it could be Windows thinking it's a network device, based upon hardware IDs supplied to the OS by a device connected to it in the past (this should never happen but hey...)

Use the USBDeview utility to uninstall the 2i2, and also use it to remove any USB devices from Windows records that you no longer use or own (USBDeview should show you every USB device that has ever been connected), leaving only the USB devices that you still use.

nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Thanks I'll try now, not sure if its the actual drivers that are fucked though because this is what shows up when I'm installing them

that looks fine.

that's normal, though

actually, wait, is that icon right?

The network device icon isn't contained within the driver installer package although the driver may contain a pointer to the icon resource that's in the Windows shell.
Windows usually displays an icon depending on the device class as-detected so the driver can't strictly be blamed for that by itself.

thats what I'm wondering, it saves under focusrite audio in device manager with the network adapter icon

what version of the card do you have and where did you get the drivers?

2nd Gen - serial prefix - Vxxxxxxxxxxxx or Wxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st Gen - serial prefix - Sxxxxxxxxxxxx or Txxxxxxxxxxxx)

2nd gen and I got them from the focusrite website after registering my interface

also, what OS are you running?

windows 7 ultimate
really appreciate the help by the way :)

Did any of you taked part in this ?

right click and view properties for the device and check what device type windows thinks it is

It just says Focusrite Audio

Click the "Details" tab and select "Hardware IDs" in the "Property" drop-down menu.

yo bois idk if you're into medieval music but here's my attempt at creating a medieval dance thing.

clyp.it/fb0pm4xh

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT EDUCATED IN PRODUCING MEDIEVAL SHIT. I just went Enigmo.

you'll probably have to get in touch with support but it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling but plugged into a different usb port and with other usb devices removed just in case.

also, if you can find an older version of the driver it might be worth a shot.

only thing I can think of atm is my headset is classed as a usb audio device so I'll try installing with that unplugged, thanks for the help though man :D

Searching the vendor ID and product ID brings up your 2i2 so I'm calling Windows device class screwup, with driver flakiness coming up right behind it.

Just to clarify - the 2i2 doesn't work with the drivers installed currently? It's not just that it works but displays the wrong icon?

why are you faggots ignoring my music?

don't be jealous. we'll all get as good as enigmo in at least one of our dreams.

your post isnt even 15 minutes old you dumb garbage

nah doesnt work whatsoever, the lights light up but it doesnt come up under recording or playback devices and the focusrite asio just says no hardware connected, installing it again now and it just takes ages then said there was an error trying to install it, probably just gonna wait until tomorrow for support to reply

Meant to add - agreeing with that this is your solution path, with USBDeview used to uninstall the 2i2 and any stuff you don't use any more.

yeah thanks for the recommendation on that, there were so many things I dont use and it will definitely come in handy

oh ok, sorry.

btw does anyone know when the naruto shippuden anime is ending? i need to catch up. i think it should be coming to an end now but nobody is telling me. is naruto shippuuden coming to an end? should i begin catching up? thank you homies.

it takes me 50 hours to make a song. Not counting writing or practicing, 50 hours of just recording and mixing and editing.

is this normal?

why do sometimes i see a lot that Cred Forums users call other Cred Forums users "uatistic"? why is this? are they themselfs autistic and insecure of having austicism? when i was 12 i had a friend who was artistic and he didnt use Cred Forums.

it's different for everyone.
i know guys who can shit out a decent, albeit raw, sounding tune in a few hours - others on 100+ hours per tune.

personally i'm on the 80-100hr range.

you're in good company tho, most of objekt's tunes run into the 100hr territory by his own admission.

uploading track that took me 30 mins

because user, before Cred Forums became infested with normies there were tons of antisocial weirdos with odd tendencies. "Autistic" just became our catch-all term for such behavior, and now it's become sort of a slang we call each other.

Thank fuck, the rest of your stuff sounds like you shit it out in under 5.

I like it :)
Would be good in a Banjo kind of game

How is this possible? What is most of your production time invested in?

This is what would play if the Charlie Brown christmas special had a scene in a nightclub

clyp.it/qr0jais3
how bad is it really

The way the vocals are mixed is too comical

Does anyone else feel sad because they don't have the ability to sing/rap over their own beats? I have so many concepts for an album, and I can make the music, but I can't sing or rap.

>clyp.it/qr0jais3
is there no kick in that or is it just that muddy?

It's an art, in that anyone can express themselves with vocals. It's also a skill in that it requires training for most people to not sound like an out of tune instrument.

I just melodyne all my vox to make them better.

thats better than what i had expected but yeah i just through the vocal eq and comp together in like 5 minutes rough draft
there is one i just haven't added the high frequency punchy kick

Nah, I'm sure that no matter how much training I have, I will still sound awful. I have the rapping voice of a 3 year old, and the singing pitch of a dead whale.

>first time making synthwave

tell me how bad it is
clyp.it/mb4wwpmw

It really isn't terrible. It does take a bit before it gets interesting. It's just a little repetitive at first. I think the sounds are interesting though.

What do you guys think of this? I'm more into songwriting than I am sound design and stuff, so it's just samples and soundfonts.
clyp.it/ii5sp4t1

god why are you all so fucking awful at music

good question

>clyp.it/ii5sp4t1

LMFAO WHAT IS THIS MAPLESTORY MUSIC???

I recently bought a USB audio interface

There always seems to be low level hiss and noise

Is this common on all audio interfaces? it's nothing terrible but if I look in fabfilter EQ i can see some very low noise. Putting a gate on it fixes it, pretty much.

I suppose that's just "analog"?

Might be your USB

I suppose my question is: do audio interfaces always have some very low level noise?

no

We all have that in common, including yourself, faggot.

99% chance it's the noise floor of your speakers/monitors.

I have set of Focal SM9s and they still have an audible noise floor if you're within 4ft of them

I just unplugged the microphone and the noise is still present

I'm using a pretty cheap XLR cable, could it be that?

The loudest component in any monitoring chain is the loudspeaker, if we're talking about noise floor.

Feel free to unplug everything from your monitors and simply power them on if you don't believe me.

clyp.it/3cif0mxt

Is this any good or is it rubbish?

Ok I've been posting about getting a budget mixer a lot lately but I'm getting sick of researching mixers because every review is vague or conflicting with other reviews.

I really don't need the majority of things that come in mixers, anyway. All I need is a way to connect multiple instruments to the same speakers while keeping out unwanted noises.

Is there any way to do this for cheap?

I'm monitoring the sound in my DAW, not just using my ears. I have fabfilter Pro-Q open and a good degree of processing (compressors, limiters). I can see there is some hiss. One of the frequency peaks is the fan from my computer. When I unplug the microphone so just the XLR cable is plugged in to the interface, there is still some audible hiss, however.

As I said, it doesn't effect the recordings at all because it's so miniscule. I just want to know if all audio interfaces have low level hiss, or if it' just mine, or if it's the cheap XLR I have.

patchbay

way too distorted in a bad way
stale sounds with no movement

>patchbay
I'm looking around a bit at them and they look like what I need but they look like they're even more expensive than mixers

Plzz hall. I want to listen to and sample these records but I need to know what type of vinyl player to get that is compatible with the ableton push 2

The records

Tips for vocal reverb?

do you have an external monitor? my external monitor causes high frequency beep issues with my focusrite but it's silent without it

regardless, it's probably going to have a noise floor as that user mentioned though it should be nearly inaudible depending on the size of your monitors

even worse, it's chiptune music mixed with modern synthesis

what if I told you it's distorted on purpose? am I just dumb for liking the sound of it?

Can anyone tell me if this is the proper way to setup? My mixer mains out going to 2 inputs of my audio interface (scarlett2i4) connected to my laptop. synths and guitar and mics are connected in the mixer. Any other ways I can connect these?

behringer micro mixxer if mono is ok

clyp.it/iyrb0ajq

I don't normally do this kinda production, I usually do idm boards type stuff so what u think