What's the appeal of Animal Collective? Everything I've heard from them sounds fucking horrible...

What's the appeal of Animal Collective? Everything I've heard from them sounds fucking horrible. I can't get past the third track of this album without wanting to blow my brains out. I hate this band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9XkTeNUTgY
youtube.com/watch?v=kAggga0iqW0
youtube.com/watch?v=C2yDpPA7CMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

listen to the 5th track, then if you don't like it listen to Merriweather

sorry

I know how you feel, Merriweather is a shit album

animal collective are worse than grimes kek,

Well, the third track is the worst

Just go listen to Campfire Songs or HCTI

It's happy music.
If you feel like blowing your brains out, you probably aren't gonna get it.

lol no

>Chores
>worst

wew nope

>recommending contrarian overrated albums

Now I know your just b8iting

Literally nobody cares. Why'd you feel the need to make this asinine post about how you don't "get" an album. Why'd you feel the pressure in the first place to try and "get" it? You're an idiot. Off yourself today.

As a diehard Hz fan, they're very talented at layering sounds into melody.

If it just sounds like noise to you, you either aren't paying attention or the noise isn't attuned to you. Which isn't a negative thing, at all.

It just may not be for you.

They're alright if you enjoy repetitive music, repetitive music, repetitive music, repetitive music, repetitive music, repetitive music, repetitive music,repetitive music, repetitive music, repetitive music.

I agree.

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

nice pasta

>insulting someone isnt an argument
>still calls people numales
Clearly you haven't listened to MPP, SJ, Sung Tongs, Feels, or STGSTV if you think they're not trying to convey emotion. The first 2 are also extremely catchy

>you don't like the exact same albums I like?
>CONTRARIAN PLEB BAIT

Chores is easily the worst song, and it isn't even a bad song

And I chose those two because it seemed like op wanted to skip over the most accessible stuff in their catalog, but those are also their best imo, though there whole discography is great

Animal Collective are like marmite: you either love them or hate them. I personally dig them a lot, but can appreciate why someone would find them really annoying, especially the vocals. I'd try the latter half of STGSTV (it's more restrained and conveys a bigger variety of emotions) but if you don't enjoy that you probably won't ever be able to "get it".

>It's happy music
W E W
E
W
Read some of the lyrics, friendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=p9XkTeNUTgY

youtube.com/watch?v=kAggga0iqW0

youtube.com/watch?v=C2yDpPA7CMY

duh fuk bro

Thats really unfortunate because the 4th and 5th tracks are the best in their discography

not a huge fan. Merriweather has grown on me though

that's how it starts for some people

all of their albums are just ok or bad outside of strawberry jam

Which ones do you think are bad

idk. i still don't really like the other stuff at all. not opposed to it, but not going to put a lot of effort into "getting" AnCo better.