Time is OBJECTIVELY the best song ever made

Time is OBJECTIVELY the best song ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rjSzZN92Vb4
youtube.com/watch?v=H8gToZey60k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

intro is too long

It's no Roller Mobster

It's not Counting Out Time so no it's not.

Dogs is the best Floyd song created.

BTW I will fight anyone, with my fists, who disagrees.

Not even the best track on Animals

not even the best Dogs

San Tropez, faggot.

so true

Have you something against dogs?

5 minutes? Five fucking minutes? This better be good, asshole.

its a build up type song, same melody throughout the song but the story is what carries it

No
Pigs is better though

actually platypus is better

It's actually Any Colour You Like. Time is the pleb choice.

No. Just no.

Alright

This is a fine song, but I'm wondering why the fuck would you bring this up in a Floyd thread?

Anyways. Good song. I'll check out the rest. You exploitative asshole.

Post more platypuses

Yuh-huh

Bluebird is a good Animal Song

haha cool, its a good album, I'm surprised you hadn't heard it since it's basically full on Cred Forumscore by now. I brought it up because people were talking about "Dogs"

I only come here when I'm drunk.

But I like it. Raw, cruel, hopeless...LIFE. It's what Ive been seeking since I fell in love with Gospel and a certain Russian musician.

Also Neil Young. One of those complicated cats who are actually retarded.

DSoTM Power Rankings

1. Us and Them
2. Time
3. Any Colour You Like
4. Brain Damange
5. Money
6. Breathe
7. Great Gig in the Sky
8. Eclipse
9. Speak To Me
10. On the Run

Time is better

Bring it on, gayboy

Why the fuck would you power rank an album that only deserves recognizance as a full item?

Challenge fucking accepted.

Come within the Niagara Canadian cities and it's on.

if anyone says the great gig in the sky is the best track on this ima pop a cap in their reddit-browsing ass

lol look at em go

It's really not tho. It just made you feel feels you've never heard another song do.

DTSOM is objectively a super weak prog album.

Gilmour made animalistic sounds, with a guitar amp, by himself. Waters described a personality that would not be popularly described until Ellis in the late 90s.

And I ask you, give me an album, an idea, that described that beforehand.

I disagree with you. Any Colour You Like is better than Dogs.

Any Colour is such an..intermission song. Gilmour invented a new sound with Dogs through his pedal.

youtube.com/watch?v=rjSzZN92Vb4

flaming lips did it better than the floyd ever could

To display my favorite tracks in an ordered list.

Wouldn't say better, better uniquely. Love Lips latest work, Heady Fweinds, one of my favorites.

NO. NO. Dark Side is an album that deserves full playthrough. How the fuck could you ever randomize Any Colour without Brain Damage?

>he doesn't like great gig in the sky

While Any Colour You Like is instrumental, it has been speculated that the song ties to The Dark Side of the Moon concept by considering the lack of choice one has in human society, while being deluded into thinking one does. It is also speculated that the song is about the fear of making choices. The origin of the title is unclear.

The first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards. and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. It cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are deciding how their life will run, but that is not the case as society forces you to take a certain path. Note its position on the album, too. "Us and Them" is about paranoia, immediately following this is "Any Colour You Like" and then "Brain Damage", finally Eclipse. Any Colour is the nervous breakdown that comes in between the onset of paranoia and the "brain damage."

The song used advanced effects for the time both in the keyboard and the guitar. The VCS 3 synthesizer was fed through a long tape loop to create the rising and falling keyboard solo. David Gilmour used two guitars with the Uni-Vibe guitar effect to create the harmonizing guitar solo for the rest of the song. "Any Colour You Like" is also known (and is even listed on the Dark Side guitar tablature book) as "Breathe (Second Reprise)" because the song shares the same beat (albeit somewhat funkier and uptempo) as the album's first song "Breathe". It has also nearly the same chord sequence just transposed a whole step lower from E minor to D minor.

The reason why I have fallen in monogamic love with this tune is due to its perfection. The production behind it is unmatchable by any standard. The synthesizers take front row for most of the production, and the guitar/bass/drum combo serve as a base. In my mind, this is what a song should try to achieve if it wants to be perfect.

When did I say I randomized this album when I listen to it?

fine, they did do this one better though
youtube.com/watch?v=H8gToZey60k

I have neither the cognizance nor awareness to properly respond to your post.

But, I hope you recognize my own madness as recognizance.

Any Colour is a wonderful song, BUT I was speaking of a song that extrapolotes the entire idea of Floyd at the time...and maybe forever. Dogs IS Floyd to me. Inventiveness...brutal creativity. nothing on Dark Side equals that...as I listen and fully recognize Eclipse...

I don't know what to say. Animals IS Floyd. That was their experimental album. An album I've loved, an album I've made love to [fucked to], and I believe that is their peak.

But I cannot deny...The sun is in eclipse by the moon.

i'll [as the OP] love Flaming Lips for their madness. Heady Fwends is one of my favourite albums [to great controversy], but I LIKE their rendition.

I am not one of those bitter...assholes.

You misspelled Pigs desu senpai

"Any Colour You Like" is a saying in England

E.g You can have it in any colour you like, as long as it's blue

Bull shit.

in all manners respective to your being. Bull fucking shit.

They're my 2 favorite Floyd songs and if the entire album consisted of just those 2 it'd still be my favorite Floyd album.

But Pigs is still better.
You will never convince me otherwise.

I accept a stalemate.

But I mean come the FUCK on. Gilmour invented an entire sound before CPUs, before Fruity Loops, out of creativity, and you say that's worse than Rogers' lyricism?

I recognize your opinion, but I don't understand it.

For me it's a tie between Interstellar overdrive or Shine On You Crazy Diamond

>this

Interstellar Overdrive my dudes

No that's Starless

Time wishes it was Us and Them. Still good though.
Bring it on fuccboi

this

this fag is not Anonymous

Album cover is better than The Wall... songs on The Wall are better than Dark Side.

It's pretty difficult to know which song is the best, but dogs must be in the top 5.

Bullshit, the album is so good that it can be heard anyway one wants. It's like those movies where every scene is perfect.