I am genuinely convinced that this album has magical powers. If your favorite music is any sort of negative stuff, NIN...

I am genuinely convinced that this album has magical powers. If your favorite music is any sort of negative stuff, NIN, Throbbing Gristle, etc. listen to this album. It will become your new favorite, Trent will not mean quite as much to you anymore, and you will change for the better into a hopeful benefactor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kTY3zh9sjeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the

ur right op it's a hell of an okay album

>the buzzing bugs that open up buggin'
>putting all the clothes you washed away
>alreaaady as heavy as can be
Fuck I forgot how much I love this album

i actually love nin, tg and this album a lot. let's not generalize op. and agreed, it's fantastic.

This is the best description of this album I've ever read

that album is a kitschy cheese-fest and it sounds like balls. transmissions and the terror are both way better

K like i love this record but negative music is cool too

too bad Wayne is a turbo douche now

I love the Soft Bulletin. However, if anyone in this thread likes this album and hasn't heard pic related, do yourself a MASSIVE favor and get some fuckin headphones and liten to this bitch right now. It will become your new favorite album.

I love the part in The Spark That Bled where it gets all funky.

Sounds pretty cool so far man thanks for the rec

Oh man, you have no idea. It's a trip and a half. Absolutely incredible record, you're in for a treat.

he is but i've come to suspect it's because he's gone full acid casualty

I don't know if it's the drugs or what but he's really lost it. The guys an embarrassment. He's like the complete opposite of everything he used to stand for now.

Elaborate.

What's the best flaming lips song and why is it Feeling Yourself Disintegrate

Yoshimi is definitely better. youtu.be/kTY3zh9sjeU

no need to elaborate: anons are getting salty because Wayne is having fun doing stupid shit with friends & experimenting new music (like he always did): his band had an almost flawless +30 years career..

It's genuinely surreal to read about Wayne's spat with Kliph while listening to Waitin For Superman

Am I the only one who will listen to other more grimy music like some post-punk or post-rock but the true satisfaction is with oddly and infectiously positive and heavenly music like, as OP mentioned, The Soft Bulletin.

Haha, very funny. Pretending to like a bad album, hahaha! What a hoot!

And you'll probably respond with
>pretending
to further the joke, I am wet with anticipation. hmmmmmmm.

There is nothing I can do to avoid it, because you'll likely respond with
>joke
now, such amusement, so jolly I am.

flaming lips is overrated
and I love NIN,TG

This is my favorite album ever and it kept me from killing myself about two years ago.

This album honestly bore me to tears.
Aside from the first track, it's so boring and dull to listen to.

is dis da beginnin ov an ebin nu may may

Names two industrial

HAHA, thank you for the replies. A real thigh-slapping thread this is sure to be!

Such a pity Wayne is mentally ill now.

The Soft Bulletin is quite literally the best pop album of all time.

>listen to this and you will change for the better into a hopeful benefactor
Then why did Wayne change to be worse?

Unless he recently went on some big drug bender, I remember an interview a couple years ago where he said he's only done acid 4 times in his life.

I think he's just having an extreme mid-life crisis

fuck the flaming lips and fuck wayne coyne, that pretentious loser should've spent another thirteen years working at Long John Silvers, their fucking popcorn shrimp has more artistic value than "the soft bulletin" does. At least it doesn't have she dont use jelly. or do you realize. oh shit, did i realize everyone i know will die someday? did i realize our bodies are 75% water? did i realize that we all might be seeing different colors, man? like we both see blue, but my blue is like, your red? I've listened to this album and they still drive me up the fucking wall, so there goes your thesis.

i'm partial to their work with the dead petz

no

woah

Just started, thanks dude. It's great!

is this post-post-irony, or post-post-post-irony?

post-metairony, desu. I can't wait til all the fragile card-houses of meme irony finally collapse and people can actually work up the balls to have real conversations and opinions instead of throwing stones from ivory meme towers

Wayne Coyne gets to fuck Miley Cyrus whenever he wants, though.

i'd be jealous if that was something to be jealous of but she isn't hot and isn't making good music so i'd rather leave her unfucked if given the option

FROM THIS MOMENT OOON

>being this mad
yikes

wrong album

it's just a post

The flaming lips are, buy all means, shit

1. vocals are cringe
2. lyrics get worse the more you listen
3. the woah chugy le so psychedelic vibe is just shit and half ass
4. they are corny as fuck, the robot song was the only one that actually matched this level of cornyness

>And I know a guy who goes to shows
>When he's at home and he blows his nose

>"at least it doesn't have"

For some people, pussy is pussy.

Nine Inch Nails and The Flaming Lips are two of my favorite bands of all time...so I get what you're saying but it's just two different sets of emotions.

I love the Soft Bulletin in the same way I love an album like the Downward Spiral.

Not the greatest album of all time, but definitely a magnificent little masterpiece right there. Actually a lot of those tracks remind me of more condensed versions of some parts of Close to the Edge.

The Flaming Lips are the kind of band where the characteristics that make people hate them are also the exact same characteristics that make people love them.

God I forgot how I love this album.
thank you based OP
I'm gonna listen to more sunny day albums now. My Morning Jacket probably

I first heard the album when I was probably 15 while I was working for my school's yearbook staff. My teacher Mrs. Cook (who was also the English teacher) was a cool chick and had a plethora of excellent music I had never even heard of right there on the computers I was using to put together the yearbook. She had The Flaming Lips, My Morning Jacket, Wilco, Modest Mouse, etc. I always (and still do) go back to The Soft Bulletin for those magical powers you are referring to. Suddenly Everything Has Changed has to be one of the greatest songs I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.