How would you rate your own taste in music out of 10?

How would you rate your own taste in music out of 10?

I'll rate mine a strong 8 if u dun mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ljO63sL2CWc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My taste is a function of my motivation to find more music

A strong 3

I don't understand how the answer can be anything other than 10/10 unless you either listen to music ironically or/and hate yourself.

a strong 7 to light 8 TRAN SITION

Probably like 6 or 7/10. The average person is maybe 2/10 though.

I don't think I know that much. I do think my favorite artists are 10/10 though.

Personally? a 10/10
To Cred Forums? a light 2

My Favorite Bands/Artists Are
>Swans
>The Velvet Underground
>Sonic Youth
>Radiohead
>Mac Demarco
>Nirvana

Fairly entry level stuff but i've only been here 3 months and have been rather lazy in broadening my musical horizons.

light 2 is a bit modest

you're like a 5 atleast

Aww how sweet!

Personally, a 10/10. I mean, how can I not love my own taste?

To other people, like a fucking 3/10. Nobody passes me the aux cord. They just listen to normie shit-tier like J.Cole or Chance The Rapper.

personnel 9.5/10

nuttin personnel kid 5-8/10

>Why do you guys never pass me the aux cord? -.-"

>Because you either play that grandma music or 15 minutes of noise and vibrations user.

Hey! Chance the Rapper's coloring book is pretty good

This is the first week i've been on Cred Forums so i'm pretty sure on these standards i'm a 3/10

But i'm pretty ok listening to "shit" music that i like.

Mastodon, Miguel Bose (chill pop in spanish), Yes, August burns red, Melanie Martinez, Los rodriguez, Primus, The noisy freaks, give me all of the good and the bad shit

Haha I know wat u mean, just ignore anything that is power electronics or is by Merbrow. It's not even music. Trust me I have already subjected myself to days of forcing my self to listen to this shit music.

Fuck, give me the Allahu Akbar Trap remix and i'll like that shit.

I can't stand indie rock in most forms though

Hey, Miguel Bose is pretty cool. I like the song Nena w/ Paulina Rubio

youtube.com/watch?v=ljO63sL2CWc

It is pretty damn cool

pretty good music

10 of course, I have no other point of reference

0.5/5, I wish I had a good taste like the rym guys

2/10, going by the fact that most of Cred Forums hates my taste
doesn't matter to me though, I like what I like

I want to listen to lots of classical music but I haven't invested the time yet to know anything beyond the famous composers, so I don't think I have great taste in that area. Things like that are what makes people score themselves this way I think.

Here's an idea, you don't need to go beyond famous composers. Pick one piece and listen to many different interpretations of it. Don't be a completionist and learn to appreciate single pieces instead. One by one. Get a feeling how important interpretation is as well.

>noise and vibrations are seperate things
>noise and vibrations isn't literally all music

exactly

I'd like to think about a 7-7.5 in terms of what I've listened to, more like a 6-6.5 in terms of favourite artists

10/10
Cred Forums doesn't have shit on me.

if you don't collect physical media you cannot claim to be a 10/10

10/10
I have a 2 TB collection, as well as CDs and vinyl records

>no tapes
trashed

i like everything ever made
10/10

>I don't understand how the answer can be anything other than 10/10 unless you ... hate yourself

user...

Somewhere around a 6, maybe a 7.

It's hard to quantify something like this.

The only real way to identify the scale is to say 10/10 would be godly taste in nearly everybody's eyes and 0/10 awful taste in everybody's view.

Neither of which is really possible to begin with but it is based on that scale upon which I am rating myself.

Had to get technical on that for a moment.

Basically my first day on Cred Forums I'll let you guys judge my music taste if you'd like, go ahead and roast:

Dave Matthews Band
Deftones
Radiohead
Johnny Cash
Modest Mouse
Béla fleck
Phish
Pearl Jam

Is it bad?

5/10 newfag

7/10 emo edgy metal

manowar
iron maiden
bring me the horizon
asking alexandria
Gorillaz
Disturbed
Cage the Elephant

gimme that good ol' hate boi

Autism detected

These are all pretty garbage to be honest man, 2/10

shit famalam :(

8/9 out of 10

I've never met anyone with more knowledge/better taste in the genres/bands I listen to most. I've met people who know more hardcore techno, more about industrial, more about southern rap or so on, but those people will not have the same breadth as I do.

Of course, maybe I've not met a large enough sample size of people to judge. But I'm the sort of autist who can remember track lengths to the second.

10, because I am infallible.

The Stronkest 0 you will ever find.

Been here since 2012.

If you think your taste is 10/10 then there is no reason to listen or care about anything else different from it.
It's a stance of ignorance where all Top 40 listeners / People not interested in music stand on.
You can't put more water in a cup that it's already filled.

not the worst

but it will be mold into something more patrician

this is a guarantee

Gorillaz is good but they are too mainstream now to be accepted by mu

mu taste in music is dictated by how obscure the music is

So the more obscure then the higher your scores is

this is only true if the sole reason you explore music is to acquire good taste as a sort of status symbol, rather than for the sake of curiosity.

Nice one, buddy. The truth is probably the other way around though - anyone who agrees with my taste probably smells like dumpstercum.

so u smell like dumpstercum?