This is pretty pretentious lol

Someone got punched like a dude.

i was looking for your ass

IN THE VILLA OF ORMEN

dude dying is pretentious lmao

>makes album about himself dying
>dies
i don't see your point

Only a dumbass can think that artist making his last masterpiece of his own death is pretentious. Bowie made it excellent, he got it right in the feels and passed.

underrated

nothing Bowie did WASN'T pretentious

IN THE VILLAINS HYMEN

If you're making your final album of a 54-year, 27-album long career about your impending death as one of the most famous and influential musicians, possibly even people, of all time then you have the right to be a little bit pretentious, in my opinion.

>Bowie
>influential

only to the people who don't know the people who influenced him

>David's the name
>Cancer's my game
>When i bbq i dont like the char
>yo this album is called blackstar
I dont like it either... not even good

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever read

Lmfao

By your logic, the only influential artist was the first caveman to bash his head against a rock.
>in other words, you're fucking retarded

actually quite the opposite. it presents itself as some sort of forward-looking album but it's really safe. the fact that music media called it "experimental" is a joke, and they just hear what they want to hear (that david made a final masterpiece before dying, that he still had something new to say, etc...)

i really can't understand how some even compared it to what scott walker has done post-2000. like have they even heard bish bosch?

Although not mine, here's the best explanation for ''pretentiousness'' in music:
>I don't get this notion of pretension in music. As if making sounds has any inherent importance or significance. If an artist's art is "pretending" to be more important than it is, then it implies that there is some baseline importance that it truly is. If you try to look for objective importance in music, then I'm not sure there's much to go on. Objectively it's just sounds that make you feel feels, so is every work that goes on "deeper" themes than just raw emotion pretentious for it?

Using Floyd as an example, the lyrics to Piper are for the most part as unpretentious as can be, it's about gnomes and bikes and shit. But the music certainly suggests something more than raw emotions, some would say there are statements about consciousness in the music. Whether there really is isn't my point though. My point is that any defintion of pretension seems to cause a really low threshold for being pretentious, making most bands pretentious to some degree.

I personally place a pretty high importance on music and find that there aren't many pretentious artists, if any.

I'm sorry sir, consider yourself blessed by the lucky star that you did not utter that in my physical presence. Years of practicing the noble art of the sword has made me a killing machine. If I ever hear you speak those words again... I'll teleport behind you (nothing personal) pshh...

hehehe

U N D E R A T E D

>pretentiousness
>bad
Wew, what's it like being a cretin?

A couple of months ago my grandma died of cancer, now I can't listen to this without feeling like ass, worse than I did before she died

>first caveman to bash his head against a rock.
someone must make this album

Being influential doesn't equate to being the first to do something. And yet David Bowie was a genius in his own right.