Is anyone else annoyed with the new itunes update?

My itunes auto-updated, and now when I play a song in the middle of an album, the next song that plays is the next song in my entire library alphabetically. So instead of continuing through the album, a completely different artist plays. If I remember correctly, itunes used to have advanced settings to fine tune play order. This option is gone now. Am I fucked, or is there a way to fix this?

Yeah, not a fan of how it looks mainly, also i can't edit artist settings anymore

thank god I haven't updated, im still on 12.something before the UI changed I think

>streaming music
Fuck off newfag

itunes isn't streaming you fucking spastic

>are you autistic

Here's my up next, all I want to do is hear the rest of the album Cred Forums

It's time to switch to Musicbee

how is musicbee on mac? I switched to swinsian for a while but playlists were way too annoying

This was the update that made me downgrade Itunes

May as well be if you have incredibly limited configuration
If you're too normie to use Foobar you should just fuck off

This
It isn't even that hard. Takes like 10 minutes tops if you're just importing a skin

Musicbee is the best

click the album then add it to play next
your repeat is on too

its not that hard scrub

how do you downgrade?

yeah I know all of this obviously, I'm just wondering if there is a way to get around the newly castrated settings

>iTunes

I have 170 GB of music. switching will always be an annoyance

Uninstall and reinstall and old Itunes version, and scan again all your fucking library. That was my "downgrade"

to this point, I've found iTunes to be the best alternative for mac. I've tried others. This might be the final straw though

>Mac

Even back when I was dumb enou8gh to own a Mac, I made a point of never updating my iTunes beyond what came with the machine. On top of the fact that iTunes is (or was at the time, not sure what's changed) easily one of the most bloated RAM-hogging media layers I've ever used, I've noticed that every major iteration makes some sweeping change that somehow fucks up something that was perfectly fine before. I figured this out after updating from the pre-installed v8.something to v9.0, and then when to oldversion.com after 10 minutes of use when I realised how shitty the new version was. I just wish I could remember what it was that made it so bad, but this was around 8 years ago and I've had too many better experiences with other media players to even want to think about using iTunes ever again.

Anyone who uses iTunes in this day and age is a goddamn sucker.

If it's on your computer it won't be, if you're streaming kys.
You literally drag and drop your music file into foobar

>music
Mine doesn't do this, you must have fucked with the settings at some point.

I haven't changed anything since the update, and the settings don't have any fucking advanced settings anymore

Go back to Cred Forums children

>iTunes
>Streamimg
>Calling others newfag

The problem is that I didn't manually update, which is pretty concerning. I never update my itunes if I can help it because it gets shittier with every update, as you said. You're a child though fwiw

Reinstall then. Not sure what to tell you, corruption perhaps. I have the exact same version as you and everything is fine.

>updating

Are you on Sierra?

see

sierra?

Typical Macfag. The fucking OS you dingus

I've never used or given the littlest shit about apple products

nah I'm still on El Capitan.
I've been busy with school, didn't even know there was an os update

Since OP has clearly proved his ineptitude, here's what I think happened:

(Cmmd+A in songs) "Oh fuck! What did I do!"

(Right clicks play next) "Oh, the highlighted text went away. Guess nothing happened!"

(Plays music later) "Wtf is this shit bullshit? Straight to Cred Forums to bitch and complain!"

Then don't talk about something you know nothing about, kid

Did you try pressing that big ol clear button in Up next?

No, the new Windows version is as smooth as a baby's bottom. :^)

they fucked up the artist icons so now only artists with music you've purchased (or stolen) from the itunes store has an icon. pretty crafty.

I have used a number of media players over the last 15 years, but always return to iTunes. This is mostly due to my iPhones and iPod, but also how it isn't really bettered by any other media player at all. Customisation seems to be the only thing worth swapping for. Who the fuck cares about that if you're older than 19?
Avoided this update so far. Surely they would not fuck up your media library as much as OP is suggesting. Like literately just sorting by songs/albums/artists in the top right?

They haven't. Mine is fine. OP fucked himself hard somehow.

Oh sneaky.

What about songs ripped from CDs.
Also how do they distinguish if you've ripped from a CD and then added to your library manually, from if you've downloaded it illegally, or if you've downloaded something from somewhere like amazon?

Yeah thought so. Thanks user.

>2016
>not using musicbee

>2016
>using musicbee

You call me a child, yet you can't figure out how to turn off auto-updates while spouting memes at me.

Okay, gotcha.

yeah, but that doesn't make it any less annoying

again
>mac
>no musicbee for mac

It works now. Thanks for nothing Cred Forums

tell us how you fixed it

wait, were you just playing songs from your "recent played" folder, and wondering why it skips to random artists?

>It works now. Thanks for nothing Cred Forums

>still using iTunes
Looks to me like your computer isn't working how it should be

You're right that they fucked up the artist icons, but 90% of my library is straight from Apple Music and it's ALL fucked up.