Cred Forums Album of the day

in this thread: we decided to make an album so here it is: oohandthatsabadmiss.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-want-gash-feat-grimes-lavren-tempa-t

>please review

Other urls found in this thread:

lizardmantmandthegoosegrumblertm.bandcamp.com/album/the-direction-not-taken
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>track one:
after turbulent intro we get to the part which is the track probper, which is quite alright. Sounds nice, it develops is nice directions, sounds a bit like music from Simcity, and I mean that as praise. I like that sexy saxophone towards the end. Maybe a bit too long and meandering overall, but other than that a quality addition to a Cred Forums album. 8/10
>track two:
from the glossy production edge of track one we go into lo-fi paranoia of buttstuff. Sounds like an Ummagumma outtake. I am not a fan of that era of Floyd unfortunately. The atmosphere is nicely haunting tho. 5/10
>track three:
a short interlude with a bass so deep my headphones started vibrating uncomfortably. Yea. Not much else to say about this one, it's well produced I guess but content is lacking. 4/10
>track four:
I have no idea what the source material is for this, but the "I was improvising" bit is quite amusing, as is that Hank Hill inclusion at the end. Alrite job mate. 6/10
>track five:
very noisey, and i like the beats caused by the frequencies interacting, you're really embracing them quite well. The softly sung part at the end is a nice touch. 6/10

= INTERMISSION =

>track six
I love me some Casio keyboard. 4/10, but ironically 10/10
>track seven
those are some thicc bass drum samples you got there boyo. Some heavy sample manipulation going on, not really sure if I enjoy it a lot, but from the purely technical pointo of view it's nice. Overall not too big a fan, though the pads in the second half are adding a nice ambiance. The ending is amusingly endearing. 7/10
>track 8:
great n64 soundtrack, feelin like playing some mario 64 rn. Unfortunately goes on for too long, and with no sweet platforming action to illustrate there's not much to it. 6/10
>track 9:
AMAZING ASSAULT ON ALL SENSES, beutiful ending tho 5/10
>track 10:
a chance to relax after the nonstop action of track 9. I like the use of samples in the middle part, Numberwang theme had me pissing myself, though the whole thing comes off as quite messy. Also, these feel like two or three unrelated tracks. A little bit more direction and this would be really great. 8/10

Overall: 5.9/10
It's ok, not the best Cred Forums album out there, but certainly one of the more restrained on "lel so randumb xd" humor, for better or for worse

come on bbys

this board is truly going to shit

you just hate music

Bumping while I download this

i was talking about the lack of activity in this thread babe

sorry love, I jumped the gun there

pretty kekin

Thanks m8, I made the first track, and while I'm not extremely proud of myself, I don't think I did a bad job on this one.
I'm pretty pleased that you compared that stuff to the SimCity soundtracks, because the 3000 one is awesome.
Personally, I feel like my tracks often sound like the kind of shit a stoned clown who is trying to rip off Autechre would produce tbqh.
By the way, the ninth track is my favorite of the bunch, it's DanielRadcliffe666-tier IMO.

oh yea, I was thinking of SC3000 soundtrack actually, nice to see another fan of the OSTs from this game. But yea, good job on the track

More reviews please. There's no way to know if the first guy is correct or not

thanks for reviews, my fred

I was aiming for a 5/10 when working on the second track, butt stuff

I think 9 should have more score. (I'm not the dude who made it by the way ;) (for real )

I've listened to it again familia and I stand by my initial score, but hey, I'm just a random guy. We need more reviews. If you made any track, write reviews for the rest of the tracks. Hell, include your own one too, try to look at it from a critical pov.

I expected something lower than a 6 when i made the 8th track but im glad you find some enjoyment

there is no lavren in this album

guess i'll give it a shot ;) on my second listen

>number 1, track
very nice, feels like i can listen to it eternally 8/10

>number 2, track + number 3 track
the reason I'm combining them - it's like a post-rock song that builds up by not really building up (i know little about post-rock) but instead the ambient shit makes your mouth foam with anticipation for the payoff. And then the shortness of track 3 leaves your balls blue
6/10 (it's a good score!)

>nomer 4, track
You do, after all, get the rap bang3r you were hoping for, although to me the timing of this track in the album is unfortunate. Individually tho i'd rate a 7/10. nice verse from the bl*ck person, nice quips n shiet

>nombre 5, track
see, i think if it were to switch places with 4 it'd be much more fortunate.
nice, but...you know, it lacks something 6/10

>numbrer 6
heh...
thanks, i had forgotten how much i liked that

>number 7
this one is mine
i think it fits the high school theme because
- fat sub bass drum
- edgy electronic sounds
- the synth, which i tried to make very dramatic, for this purpose
- the rap verse (credit to micah byrnes who uploaded it to that site where you can download raps 4 free)
- something else, i think, don't remember
overall, I think I could have done something to make it more interesting in the middle, before the synth hit. it got sort of stale there.

>track 8
nice wind down track, i think it fits well with the album too. could have been a bit shorter though, maybe. with that said, still enjoyable listen.

>nine, track
i like it a lot. i like the pace it has. i like the sounds. i like the vocals too.

>tracko 10
great track to end it off, couldn't have asked for a better ending track, actually.

good

I was the guy who made the 6 track (and the guy who publish it on bandcamp) thanks for the feedback guys. I think the album is a pretty solid 7,5/10.

i have to ask... it really is a Casio keyboard, right? Because that's awesome if so.

Yes, I found this old keyboard with a rhythm setting called "rap" so I started to screw around with it

these are the sounds of my childhood, cheers for that

1: >tfw you will never have a threesome with Kim and Thurston after a show in Hamburg while Steve Albini videotape you in the late 80s 8.5/10
2: butt stuff 6/10
3: broad peek, not so hard as I thought 5/10
4: The Ballad of a White Nigga (ft. 3PAC) 6,5/10
5: Why did the guitarist of Sonic Youth get a drink refill? Because he was Thurston for Moore 6/10
6: Sun Beams killed my Love Tomorrow 6.5/10
7: My high school is a joke 7.5/10
8: Mellon Head and the Infinite Meme 5/10
9: WARP SPEED DON'T RAINBOW READ ME NIGGA 6/10
10: Let's rotate the board! 7/10

Overall album rating: 6.4/10

Deep shit

I need to find the sources of these memez

It's no meme, it's music mi boi

lizardmantmandthegoosegrumblertm.bandcamp.com/album/the-direction-not-taken

pls review mine. i think michael hurdy gurdy is the strongest track on the ep

8/10 for humour