Was it worth the wait?

Was it worth the wait?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/67775-universal-ending-streaming-exclusives-after-frank-oceans-self-released-blonde/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no desu

people will not be talking about blond five years from now. not the way people are still talking about channel orange today.

Absolutely

It might not have as much impact on the general public as channel orange, but this album is really something special. The amount of detail in the production, song structuring, and lyrics is truly astounding. I've listened to it over 50 times easily and theres not been one listen where i have discovered something new about it that i hadn't noticed previously. Phenomenal record.

Oceancucks are quickly becoming grimesfag tier obnoxious.

Theres like one blonde thread every 3 days compared to a literal /grimes/ General on the front page constantly retard

Yes and i thought some of his best work was on endless as well

That's a complete and utter lie.

Ancofags are quickly becoming grimesfag tier obnoxious

Yeah they will

In about 10 years Blonde will be well remembered due to the release strategy and the consequences it had for the music industry alone

And that's not even talking about the actual content of the music

i have no fucking clue how frank managed to release both of my favorite albums of a year

but he did

What's your guy's favourite moment on the album. There's so many standout parts to it, I'm interested in what stood out to you guys the most. Personally my favourite moment is the guitar solo on Self Control. It seriously is so beautiful, it sounds almost as if it was a person weeping from grief.

This

Endless is better than Blonde IMO

I can't decide between the first half of Siegfried or the the end of Ivy where he screams the chorus after the bridge but both are 10/10 all the way through

Endless does have rushes, U.N.I.T.Y, Wither etc. but it was truly just a collection of unfinished songs. I feel like if he ever released a version of endless with everything completed it would undeniably be his best record.

I really didn't care for Chanel Orange or Nostalgia Ultra, so I fortunately didn't have to "suffer" as long as some of his long time fans did. I listened to Blonde out of curiosity and it was incredible. I'm thankful that Frank Ocean took his time to put out a quality album and didn't rush anything to put out an album when he was more hyped up.

Nights is my favorite song of the year, and the transition from the vibrant first half of the song to the eerie second half is probably my favorite.

Nigga what consequences did it have to the music industry?

heres your spoon user
pitchfork.com/news/67775-universal-ending-streaming-exclusives-after-frank-oceans-self-released-blonde/amp/

so, literally nothing.

Endless was my AOTY until yesterday
It's still number 2 tho

Funny, I've always enjoyed the latter half of siegfried, but i totally understand your love for that weird pitch shifted scream at the end of Ivy. It's a total release from the intense emotion and anxiety the song builds lyrically.

sure

Honestly can't say enough about that last minute and a half of Ivy. Easily the best moment in music I've heard all year

This is one of the rare albums that makes me think that whatever kind of idea Frank had when making this album, it just managed to work. Blonde is wonderful both in terms of album writing and songwriting in general. Frank is qualified as fuck.

I doubt that honestly. Nostalgia, Ultra will not be looked back upon, it's good but not as good as its successors. Both Channel Orange and Blonde will be talked about in five years. Frank has a flowering future in the business desu

it'll die down in a couple weeks, don't worry user

reddit

Me too, always loved that the latter half uses the chord progression form Radiohead's Reckoner, Reckoner is one of my favourite songs in general. Radiohead's guitarist also worked on the song.

The whole first verse of White Ferrari was my favorite musical moment of the year until the studio version of 715 - CRΣΣKS came out

Not at all.

Sorry Guys, but this is just my Opinion:

Nostalgia Ultra: 6.9
Channel Orange: 8.7
Endless: 7.0
Blonde: 7.4

I just couldn't get into it, I think the production is really nice but Blond is just a bit dull for me, and even though it has it's highlights, it certainly has moments of drag more than enough filler tracks.

BTW, I don't give a shit about "marketing ploy's" for record releases, and it's innovation. The gift wrap doesn;t matter, the present does....and the present is somewhat sub-par

>dull
>7.4

I forgot the new BI was also coming out soon, the singles were phenomenal. Didn't know CDQ was up yet though

It leaked? I listened to it at the event last night.

Who's singing at the end of White Ferrari? I've heard sources say James Blake and others Bon Iver

Yup there's finally a legit CD rip out

Blake
Justin confirmed he wasn't on the album in August

Has to be Justin. I'd know that voice anywhere it's too distinct.

I've heard people say it's Blake/Justin and Frank with shifted vocals does anybody know for sure?

Yes, and thank you for reminding me to give it another listen. Pretty Sweet is pretty sweet.

I like it, but i don't get the universal acclaim. There's at least 5 Neo-R&B albums released in the last 2 years I've enjoyed more. Also:

>Ratings not being subjective
Please don't be that guy

name them

And that list better not include Miguel's scrub ass

What? Anco fags are bored because no new music but they've already had their time to shine this year

>Name them

Ok (since 2k15):

Hiatus Coyote - Choose you're Weapon
FKA Twigs - Melissa
Anderson Paak. - Malibu
Young Fathers - Whit Men Are Black Men Too
Clarence Clarity - No Now
Nao - For All We Know
Beyonce - Lemonade

That was easy, let me know if I need to list more