What does Cred Forums think of The Fall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CAHbSAJjTls
youtube.com/watch?v=WEdnJtBGfhc
youtube.com/watch?v=1-86FuhEaQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uFE4Q1o1Uxg
youtube.com/watch?v=NhN3kVkz31E
youtu.be/EJBlN8b-r60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

6/10 Gorillaz album.

Nice have an upvote :')

The most important rock band to come out of the UK, aside from maybe Wire or Roxy Music.
The 70s albums are solid, almost all of the 80s albums are obligatory, the 90s albums are spotty but many of them are just as essential as their best 80s stuff, the 00s were almost as strong for them as the 80s, the 10s have been a return to the spottiness of the 90s but there's plenty of good stuff there as well.
The Remainderer is as essential as Slates.

Could you recommend me some albums to listen to first, there are a fucking lot so not sure I awant to listen to them all

ye was bout to ask the same thing , I guess i'll start with Slates. I've heard all their 'hits' (theme for sparta FC etc) but never really dug into their LPS.

Honestly? The Fall In A Hole live LP is probably what I'd recommend the most to someone looking to get into the band, especially the expanded 2CD edition that came out like 10 years ago. It's probably the purest and most straightforward document of the band early on, before Brix joined the lineup and they started getting more accessible.
One of the best and most powerful live albums I've ever heard, by any band.

WHERE ARE THE OBLIGATORY NIGGERS

start with Grotesque if you like post-punk like pere ubu
start with This Nation's Saving Grace if else

listen to both anyways

Thanks m8, will give it a go

HEY THERE TRIPSFACE

Everyone should listen to them, at least once, amazing band, in my top five, incredibly consistent considering the volume of their work, Hex Enduction Hour is their best album

good band

>lower than 9
kys

Totale's Turns is fucking magnificent.

What is the appeal of this band?

I like them but I have trouble explaining it.

Also, how much input does Mark E Smith have on the actual songwriting? Does he just recite his poems over music other people write?

Best period is 1983-1986. Seriously it's downhill after Bend Sinister in 1986. Infotainment Scam (1993) is a good accessible pop album but otherwise it's pretty patchy tbhfam

I can't get into the singer's voice and the repetition.
Happens the same with Public Image Ltd.

>Also, how much input does Mark E Smith have on the actual songwriting?

He's got songwriting credits on the vast majority of The Fall's output(sometimes sole credits but mostly alongside other members) when you look through the liner notes of the albums and whatnot, but I reckon that the only way to know how much of the weight of the songwriting is carried by him and how much is carried by whatever the rest of the lineup is at the time would be to sit there when they're rehearsing and recording.

bump

Favorite Peel sessions?
I'm pretty partial to the last few ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=CAHbSAJjTls

youtube.com/watch?v=WEdnJtBGfhc

youtube.com/watch?v=1-86FuhEaQQ

IM TOTALLY WIRED

Good one.
They really always knocked the Peel sessions out of the park, even during the more unstable periods of the band.

youtube.com/watch?v=uFE4Q1o1Uxg

youtube.com/watch?v=NhN3kVkz31E

My favorite group btw

>giving a 9 to an album made on an iPad while on tour

A contrarian in their natural habitat

Glad another Bend Sinister guy is in the house.

Country on the Click is a great album.
youtu.be/EJBlN8b-r60

just got Perverted By Language LP today