Atrocity Exhibition

It's been about a day since Danny Browns new album came out, what do you guys think of it? After about a solid 15 listens I'm thinking this might be in the top 10 hip hop albums of the decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11331045
youtube.com/user/deadendhiphop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Top 10 HHAOTD

No Shit.

It's getting even more hype on Cred Forums than when all these either leaked or came out:

Blond
Wildflower
TPaB
Powers That B
yeezus

Only Albums that had more buzz on initial release were MPP and MBDTF on Cred Forums

Would be my aoty if it didnt have Rolling Stone on it

I've listened to it about 4 times now, it's pretty addicting.
I'm gonna hold out saying where it sits in this decade of rap until it's gotten some time to age, I'll drop it after another week probably and revisit it in like 6 months and see how I feel about it.
>what is entire front page of nothing but Goblin
Tyler ruined this board for like 3 days straight lol
I didn't like it at first and I'm still not huge about petit noir's part in it, but that beat is actually unbelievably good.

For sure. Listening for the 2nd time since I got it yesterday and I'm obsessed

Yeah im fine with the song besides petit noir, I have no clue why they put him on the album, the feature is so fucking terrible.

Honestly I have lost count of how many times I've listened to it. It just excites me so much.

It's literally the best track on the album.

literally how could any person have that opinion and not hate themselves

It's a great album, but even Danny says you faggots should stop acting like it's a classic

he probably does

I've never heard such a psychedelic hip-hop album.

I quite like myself senpai. It's probably my favourite track. The only tracks I haven't warmed up to are Dance in the Water, Golddust and Hell for It.

I really don't get why people are praising this album so much
Nothing on it is catchy, none of the lyrics are amazing, it feels very average but more artsy and dark than the usual hip hop album
Seriously what the hell is the overall theme or message of the album? Who is it marketed to?

check out The Unseen, amiga

I'm digging it, the only track I don't like is Lost
The beat is pretty bad but the verses are fine

ok, not sure if i believe you, but ok, you are free to your opinion

Haha, very funny. Pretending to like a bad album, hahaha! What a hoot!

And you'll probably respond with
>pretending
to further the joke, I am wet with anticipation. hmmmmmmm.

There is nothing I can do to avoid it, because you'll likely respond with
>joke
now, such amusement, so jolly I am.

@68137088

Doesn't even deserve a (You), 0/10 apply yourself.

@68137088

I do hate myself, that's probably why it's one of my favorite tracks on it as well. How could you not at least like it?

Eh, its ok for me.

Is there a link?

I don't think I've seen this much of an overwhelmingly positive reaction for an album in a while. Granted there are people that don't like it and I can understand and respect that but people are going nuts over this thing (and so am i)

fuck you that song is amazing

I hate the first song.

not even

AINT IT FUNNY HOW IT HAPPENS

With all the art shit accompanying it, I was expecting it to be more experimental, ala DG. Despite that however, the album itself is one of his better works imo. I never really liked Old as much as XXX so its nice that I'm enjoying this so much.

Golddust is kinda meh. Love everything else.

Tell Me What I Don't Know is so fucking good
So is Ain't it Funny
And Dance on the Water
This whole album dope but those 3 songs are fuckin special

9/10

The beat on lost is one of the best on the album

YOU GOTTA FIGURE IT OUT

Poll: Best track
strawpoll.me/11331045

YOU AIN'T SEEN IT LIKE THIS BEFORE
THEY DON'T DO IT LIKE THIS NO MORE
THAT GET ON UP THAT GET ON UP THAT GET ON UP THAT GET ON UP

What does it lose a point on your scale for?

i like it desu

>number 2 album on RYM
>interesting album title and artwork
>expect a deep, challenging, experimental hip hop album
>it's just typical "suck the dick/lick the clit" nignog hood rap with "le quirky" vocal delivery

not him but i'm extremely selective when it comes to rating a record "10/10"

This is just conpletely false.

I love the album like a ton, but what you are saying is sinply not true.

Im not saying there isnt hype for it, but its less than a quarter of the hype of blond, and is basically nothing compared to the insanity that was TLOP.

Plz tell me this is bait

This tbqh

It's not hood rap but it's pretty basic indie/hipster rap. Ooh, wow, he sampled a post-punk song, so experimental.

This desu

Cred Forums needs to stop riding Danny's dick and start hyping the actual hip hop AOTY

Incoming 10?

It's really just THAT good. Favorite tracks anyone? Mine are
1. When It Rain
2. Pneumonia
3. Ain't It Funny
4. Really Doe
5. Today

not really. found the hype for this album to be surprisingly tame for Cred Forums

i fucking hate pneumonia, only generic ass flow he uses on the album

no way, probably 8 or 9

>Pneumonia
>Really Doe
no

If it wasn't for all this hype, I wouldn't feel compelled to give it a second listen. It sounded pretty average on first listen, even after going back to a few tracks.

Cred Forums pls go

>1. When It Rain
>2. Ain't it Funny
>3. Downward Spiral
>4. Golddust
>5. Pneumonia

>i have to be le hipster and not like a hype song

get the fuck over yourself really doe is fucking fantastic

Fantano might honestly give this a 10

That's kind of the point thought. He uses this weird ass beat with these industrial drum hits, and flows over it in a really accessible way that appeals to a different fanbase. He manages to turn a song into a banger with that beat that is way out there for a lot of people.
what are your favorites? Also
>not liking Really Doe
Golddust is probably number 6 for me. Great track, love the riff on it.

I didn't like it when I first heard it but on the album it sounds fantastic

If it doesn't get at least a 9 I'd be shocked honestly.

The way Really Doe transitions into Lost is fucking genius.

Fuck this album flows so well.

I aint the biggest fan of AE, but I think that its at least a light 8.

Its hard to deny just how good the peoduction on it is, its hazy, feverish, nightmarish and just generally paranoid af. There are a lot of layers with a lot of different samples and instrunts built on top of each other. Sure it aint no Madlib but its really good.

While some of Danny's verse and chorus are kinda weak (looking at you Dance in the Water) but songs like Downward Spiral and Ain't It Funny have some really great lyrics.

you don't get it yet

Really doe is a weak song

Loving it, still have to fully digest it tho.
Both the production and Danny are on point.
No song from here reaches the emotional level of songs like XXX or 30, was hoping for something more along those lines, but i'm not complaining with what I got.

Really glad for the dude. You feel the care for the craft, he really deserves all the praise he's been getting.

Petite Noir's contribution is so weak. Disappointing track, especially after the first two tracks are so huge.

I'm a big fan of Saul Williams and that album is a 6/10

I think the features are the weakest thing about this album.

thank you for agreeing with me user

ehhh id Wait and see If it's actually a top 10

That's an incredibly high grade for something you're not a big fan of.

I said "I aint the biggest fan of AE"

Stop putting words in my mouth asshole.

This is why I can't go on this fucking website anymore.
>someone doesn't like something
>must be because he's a goddamn dirty hipster

THAT'S A GODDAMN LIE

???
The hype for Jenny Death was astronomically higher than the hype for this.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. That's a really high rating for how you described your opinion of it.

honestly I like that feature. The hook is nice.

That's not what he said. He said people should give it a few proper listens before calling it AOTY.

It's obvious that it shouldn't be considered a classic though, the point of "classic" is that it stands the test of time, therefore the term "instant classic" makes no sense whatsoever unless you can somehow predict the future.

I said: "I aint the biggest fan of AE"

I never sad I wasn't a fan of it at all, there are a lot of people claiming its the AOTY or AOTD, and I just meant that I'm not one of them.

you said that I said, "That's an incredibly high grade for something you're not a big fan of."

I never said it wasn't a fan, I very clearly loved it. you moron.

>epsilepsy
what did he mean by this

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said you don't like the album, jackass. There's a big difference between "I don't like this," "I'm not the biggest fan," and "it's an 8/10."

Are you just trying to start a fight with someone?

I never said that, you said that, I don't like the album. So I never put words in your mouth. And if I did show me exactly where I said or please shut the fuck up. You did although say that I wasn't a big fan of AE.

>That's an incredibly high grade for something you're not a big fan of.

Stop making shit up, god. I'm not the biggest fan of AE, but I do love it.

Did you just fail the critical reading part of your SAT? Are you retarded? Or is this just a bad attempt to start a fight over nothing.

both of you are retarded

not even close, I feel like half the catalog was filled with TPAB when it came out

this

and from the ground is filler imo. rest is good

difference is the acclaim to hate ratio

and you should checkout the further adventures of lord quas. most psychedelic hip hop album ever

>have opinions
>doesn't say why
>have my own opinion
>I say my opinion
>reply never

this is how this works

>I'm thinking this might be in the top 10 hip hop albums of the decade.

are you fucking stupid

its possible to not like something that much but still admit it's good.

lol name 10 better hip hop albums so far this decade

>ghostses

I actually think TPaB is the most psychedlic I've heard

Go listen to Edan- Beauty and the Beat

someone aint seein ghostses

pysch is diff than funk brotha man

idk, they're genres that can fuse together. Ever listen to Maggot Brain?

>I'M LIKE KUBRICK WITH TWO BRICKS

the goofy circus music beat on ain't it funny really doesn't match the rapping

i get what he's going for but now he's going to have the corniest of frat kids partying to his song about addiction and depression

Things I can think of that are better than this:
>MBDTF
>TPAB
>midcity (possibly)
>Exmilitary
>XXX

That's all

The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
The Return of Mr. Zone 6
Everybody Looking
Trap God
Trap God 2
Trap House III
Diary of A Trap God
Lil Boat
Gucci Vs Guwop
Trap God 3

it's still gr8 tho user

i have no idea
i don't think aint it funny is all that great
waning circus-like synth and offbeat horns
I really don't understand how it could be anyones favorite

not really
it sounds like there was a great original song and then some soundcloud producer stripped the acapella and added his lame beat

maybe get a better soundsystem?
legitimate recommendation

pleb ears

>tfw you really like Rolling Stone

2/10

>mbdtf
>midcity

not even close mane

dafuq?

eh... i'm not sure about this recc. it's pretty much intentionally mixed to sound claustrophobic and grating. the bass is tight tho

I have no clue how someone could like Downward Spiral. Reminds me of XXX, a much better song. Rest of the album is amazing tho.

it's basically a swans instrumental with a danny brown verse on it, why the fuck are you on Cred Forums

Basically swans is shit, what's your point?

they're not my favorite artist for casual listening by any means but they are objectively not shit

don't confuse quality with entertainment

>releases hip-hop AOTY
>featured on all-around AOTY

Is there anything Danny Brown can't do?

Danny Brown is 35 years old.

>you have to be young to rap now

kys yourself

Where did I even suggest that?

This post is objectively shit.

>swans
>not objectively shit

hilarious.

epilepsy

just shows the knowledge he has of words he uses. What a fool

refute it den nigga

oh shit, laughed out loud. Called his ass out without givin' him a (you), quality post my man.

>Powers That B
>Jenny Death
How new could one person possibly be?

underated kek

>MBDTF
pls kill yourself

Generic? What are you on? Who else sounds like that

I haven't been around Cred Forums for a while, is it cool to hate MBDTF now? Last I remember it was still cool but with an extra dose of contrarian hate due to its popularity, kinda like death grips or AnCo

No frat kid is partying to that song
Its Willy wonka nightmare music

Protip: Cred Forums is not one person, when someone says they dislike something, it's usually not because they want to look cool but because they honestly dislike it.

What frat plays Danny Brown? He isn't that popular with casual listeners. He sounds to strange for most casuals to listen to, and the people that will actually listen will find a lot of his music difficult to party to.

>the most hype meaning anything
Hype doesn't mean shit. If you want to know how good an album is, you wait and see how it stands as time passes. People rating it, reviewing it, talking about where it stands in the decade for hip hop a day after it came out is stupid.

all of my normie friends listen to danny brown
its pretty dope imo

One small thing I love is how a lot of the tracks end with short, John carpenter or BOC sounding creepy synth parts

It's a bit Dean Bluntish

He's pandering too much to hip-hop conventions there
Like he had to make one track that BUMPS IN THE MF WHIP

>bumps in the MF whip

Goddamn that takes me back, what did those guys go by again? I want to look up some of there old reviews. Does the one with dreads still blog?

youtube.com/user/deadendhiphop

Hey friendo, >>Cred Forums is over there

i might be the only person to love golddust but fuck me if that middle eastern caravan guitar riff isnt dope as shit

ASAP Rocky's At Long Last ASAP has also some psychedelic influenced beats... check it out if you like that kind of hip hop...

earl's verse might be one of the worst ive ever heard

the beats are really, really great, but i wish he slowed down a smidge at points and got a bit more despondent with the imagery, it's called atrocity exhibition after all.

You're retarded

The perfect 10

best feature on the album

nah his flow is like proto MF DOOM and he says nothing interesting like that line about the falcon and the mouse made me cringe

it would be whack on any other project but it fits perfectly with atrocity exhibition, its an ugly album and he sounds like a fucking monster on it, its almost visceral how dark and menacing he delivers his verse

>nah his flow is like proto MF DOOM
>Implying that's a bad thing

okay yes it fits the theme of the album for sure but doesn't it sound just a little awkward to you? Earl sounds like he's trying really hard to make himself sound big and it just sounds so forced to me, unnatural.

>his flow is like proto MF DOOM
>proto MF DOOM

1. You don't actually know what you're saying and this is proof. Proto MF DOOM would mean that his flow predates DOOM's.

2. If DOOM is your only reference point for Earl's style it's clear you don't listen to much rap at all, sooooo

>DROPPED

idk, it would be weirder if hed never anything like this, but hes done this style on doris and his last album

lol i meant he is like a prototype version of MF DOOM like an underdeveloped version of him.. Also the biggest influence on Earl's style is hands down MF DOOM so he can easily be used as a reference point for his flow and lyricism

WOAAAAAAAAAAAH

um, you're a faggot

Name another hip-hop album with production like this one.

haven't heard the new album
is the production like clipping.?

no

it's kind of impossible to describe. the closest accurate genre might be industrial

>Ain't It Funny

Album was alright up to that point, but this is on whole other level.

>TPaB

What's this?

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

can't tell if you're ironic or not sorry

I didn't think it was that great at first but I grew on me

I know this idiocy comes with having Cred Forums on the same platform as Cred Forums but fuck off.

TODAY
TODAY
TODAY

this has the most subtle conceptual arc of any rap "concept album". Factmag is the only outlet I've seen that picked up on it

>Rolling Stone
>Not Tell Me What I Don't Know
Wew

Who's rapping on Tell Me What I Don't Know? Doesn't sound like Danny at all, but there's no other credit?

It's Danny Brown idiot, have you heard any music from him outside of this? taint all squaks

Germans used to have style

you guys can't do streetwear, you're all too rigid and angular in weird ways

DANCE IN THE WATER
AND NOT GET WET
NOT GET WET
NOT GET WET

>what is Acronym