Artists who have lost their touch

Artists who have lost their touch

is this a pun on the song touch or the fact that their robots or the fact that their latest album is arguably their worst or the fact that they stopped making music or the fact that this thread is gay

Death Grips

nah RAM was pretty good, not their best but definitely better than Human After All

their latest album was bad and they stopped making music

They didn't stop making music, they just take 90 years to make a new album.

how can it take so long? RAM doesn't even sound like it took much effort to put out.

>RAM was and will be the best produced album of the 10's
nice meme, theyre still good

They don't take 4-8 years to make an album, they just take long breaks in between.

I guess that's fine but I want another discovery

I doubt that's ever going to happen . Our expectations are just to high for them to meet.

man people set the bar so low

this is fucked..

Honestly I thought Bottomless Pit was their best album. Even after a few months I still think it's their best work.

>Bottomless Pit
Are you in the right thread?

this

Even the recent ambient albums aren't as good or interesting as the prison-era ones.

Yeah, he kinda lost his insanity

RAM isn't a bad album it's just easy listening.

I expected electronic

Hvis lyset tar oss, Filosofem and Fallen are his only good album. He is terribly overrated by edgy aut-right mongs.

the new weeknd song is fucking fantastic (starboy, not the newest shitty one that just came out today)
and ram was good, it was just different

biggest disappointment of 2016

Weird to see only Fallen of his recent albums in that category. Also why not Burzum and Det Som Engang Var? Both those albums are incredible and have their own unique atmosphere to them.

it's not about meeting expectations. they've been evolving their sound for a while now.

maybe they just got tired of house bangers and just want to produce and work with other artists now like they did with kanye/weeknd

regardless, i too want another homework but yeah, we're not getting it unless they decide to go back to their roots

I wouldn't say Denzel lost his touch, more that he isn't really experimenting and developing as an artist. The last mixtapes he released all sound similar, while progressively getting stale and worse. I still believe that of all the current rappers today, Denzel is the one with the most potential to release a "classic" album in the future. But as of now, Nostalgic64 is his peak.

Also it's strange as someone whose been following Denzel Curry for a while now to see Imperial be the album to finally push him (relatively) into the mainstream.

nah, they're just getting old,

I feel this way too. It's like they brought the chair to the fireplace with RAM

i still think 32 zel/planet shrooms tops n64 and is denzel's best project. the bangers are better, it experiments more, lyrically better, etc. just an overall improvement
32z/ps > n64 > s4mr = kotms > imperial > kru

are you?

It's like thinking that TLOP is the best Kanye's album.

>the "RAM was bad" meme
stop this

>RAM
>not second only to Discovery

Shit opinion there, user.

I never understood what "soulless" meant until I listened to RAM. It is so unbelievably phony, listening to it genuinely makes me angry. That they dragged people like Giorgio Moroder and Nile Rodgers into it to give a fake air of disco authenticity; that people claimed it as the "return of disco," pisses me off so god damn much. Everything about RAM is a lie.

This

>people think human after all is bad
???
Alive 97 > Homework > HAA > Alive 07 > Discovery > Tron > RAM

excellent bait

Maybe you're just autistic my man

>Homework
8/10
>Alive 97
8.5/10
>Discovery
10/10
>Human After All
7/10
>Alive 07
10/10
>Tron
6/10
>Random Access Memories
9/10

None of their albums are bad, even HAA, but placing it above anything except Tron is just fucking stupid.

>implying they ever had anything to begin with
>implying most of their shit doesn't just sound like half finished demos
>implying Capsule isn't better in every way
>implying they won't be going on an Alive 2017 tour

Placing RAM above homework and alive 97 is the only stupid thing in this thread

>Spend years listening to Discovery.
>No interest in listening to the rest of their catalogue.
>Think they are the greatest shit
>RAM comes out
>Get Lucky is everywhere
>Listen to RAM
>It's shit
>Listen to the rest of their stuff
>MFW it's literally just one great album and a bunch of mediocrity.
>MFW no face

too be honest most mu core:
Kanye
AnCo
Radiohead
Weezer
the Avalanches
Death Grips
Flaming Lips
Phil Elverum
DJ Shadow
GY!BE

All put out stuff within like a year thats very poor compared to their masterpieces. this will definitely piss someone off but im not a pleb and im not baiting

Fuck you AMSP is top 4 Radiohead

The rest are spot on though can't lie

Weezer lost their touch after Pinkerton. White was the best in years.

wtf White Album was pretty good

>Homework
7/10
>Alive 97
3/10
>Discovery
6.5/10
>Human After All
7/10
>Alive 07
1/10
>Tron
6/10
>Random Access Memories
5/10

Not sure how Cred Forums feels about muse, but imo their last two albums have been pretty weak compared to their earlier work.

>Homework
>Not at least equal to RAM

they didn't stop they just moved on to the next talentless black dude to collab w/

Fuck you too comrade. AMSP is shit tier EXCLUDING Burn, Daydreaming, and True Love. The rest sound like jam sessions Thom happened to sing over. It fucking sucks too. King was so fucking terrible because it was mechanical and lifeless. Then they go full opposite and make it free formy with nothing memorable. The first time I listened to it I blinked and I was almost done the album. I couldn't tell the difference between half of them. Most of them have Jonny jerking off on a grand in the background which is so grating...

Anyway whats your top 3 RH?

1. In Rainbows
2. Hail To The Thief
3. OK Computer
4. Kid A
5. The Bends
6. Amnesiac
7. Pablo Honey
8. The King Of Limbs
9. A Spoon Shaped Moon

Right except for Phil. Sauna was the best he's put out in years

In Rainbows > Kid A > OK Computer > The Bends > Amnesiac > HttT > KoL > MSP >Pablo Honey

Touch? I remember touch...

they're making charting music 20 years into their career without ghost producers on top of ghost producers

But they did have something going for them back when Homework and MSBWU was released. Then Discovery came out and sucked.

Looks like you didn't lose yourself to dance senpai