Tycho's new album "Epoch"

just released.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

tycho.bandcamp.com/
www61.zippyshare.com/v/ebCOqm3H/file.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_(musician)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Currently listening to it, so far it's pretty solid but then again I'm only on the second track so we'll see.

what a shitty cover

Shut the fuck up and enjoy the music, pleb.

go to bed tycho

Probably sounds like every other fucking thing they've made

where is the rip????

i fucking love past is prologue
tycho is my ultimate comfy to go music

i know this album won't be as chill as awake or dive but more bleep-bloopy but i'll see how it is soon

link?

tycho.bandcamp.com/

fake

Tycho - Epoch (2016) [320kbps]
>Electronic, Chillwave, Downtempo
www61.zippyshare.com/v/ebCOqm3H/file.html

It's actually quite a bit different. I mean it still has their sound but I'm on track 5 and it already sounds like they're trying some new shit.

Seeing them tomorrow night in Dallas. Didn't realize the album was coming out today.

boring

nobody did. also enjoy the show! I saw them in Detroit last week and it was a nice experience.

Nice. Not really sure what to expect. What was the crowd like? It's an all ages show here. I've been to the venue where they're playing a few times and it's not bad. Did you see the openers?

here
Not as bad as I was expecting it to be. Epoch, Division and Source are my favorites of the album and like it's definitely more bleep-bloop but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's nice to see they're changing up their style with each album. I'd say Local is the only track I'm not fond of, it felt really out of place to me. All in all though it's a pretty solid Tycho album.

Saw them in LA 2 years ago. They're terrific live.

Many songs on this album make me want to dance much more than songs on his previous albums. I like that.
I have to give it a few more listens before I can start passing any more judgement.

The crowd was great. Everyone at least around me was just kindof standing and enjoying the music. Also the opener, Heathered Pearls was pretty good but a bit repetitive. Com Truise also played but I don't think he's playing any more shows on this tour.

>them
>they

Tycho is one dude. He has a live backing band, but Tycho is Scott Hansen.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

been too much music released to get to this yet. but I'm about to walk around SYD and listen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_(musician)

Not anymore. Tycho is a trio now. He even referred to the band as "We" when talking about the production of the album. There are also multiple people in the studio in his occasional instagram videos that he was posting months back during the production.

?????????

this meme used to be true but Scott himself now considers Tycho a band and has been since the start of production for Awake.

I'm seeing them in Dallas tomorrow too!

DUDE CHILL LMAO

thanks man

>He even referred to the band as "We" when talking about the production of the album.

?

You can't refer to a group of less than 3 people as "we" now?

As someone who always never cared enough about listening to a Tycho track for more than 1 minute, I'm gonna listen to the whole album and give opinions.

Continuum
>alright, that's cool I guess, engaging, dynamic

Division
>noooice beat patterns and noise swells, has a lot of going on

Epoch
>dat house beat taking over
>sidechain.. meh
>lovely synth stabs
>the clap and guitar entering the scene - love it

Field
>generic soundcloudcore

Glider
>the beat is the only thing it has going on that's interesting

Horizon
>deep house done averagely
>the nice guitar strums don't really save it

Local
>yep.. that's tycho
>flanger used right
>ridiculous long fade out

Receiver
>mesmerizing start
>meh, disappointed

Rings
>yes, I've heard this before. Yawn fest

Slack
>we get it, you're tycho

Source
>that's it i'm done.

Honestly, I never expected much from it, as I never got into the Tycho hype. Sound design is on point, which is impressive, for sure.
Doesn't break new ground.
Nice to mellow out to.

>6.5/10

Epoch - best tune
Divison - 2nd best

You realize you're listening to the songs in alphabetical order, and not track order, right?

who cares

Why would you ever do this instead of listening in the correct order?

I told you in the post I never cared about Tycho anyway
Listening in the correct order would do nothing

Why difference does that make? The album still has an intended track order. Why would you just deliberately go against that for no reason?

Just finished it. Not too bad. I think I'm gonna enjoy it for a while. Not quite as focused as Awake or Dive, but has some really great moments. The whole album just seems kinda meandering, desu. Still gonna get that sikk red vinyl, tho

Since Awake, Tycho has been more than just Scott Hansen. Nice try.

this kid

>mfw listening to it right now

It's not bad, but like all Tycho albums, the sound they put together gets old by the time the album is over, and I start feeling like I've been listening to the same song for 30 minutes.

I feel like Tycho would benefit a lot more from thinking a conceptual flowing album out instead of just this "every song is a single" thing he's got going on.

flac rip anyone?

beep boop a shit

BoC for white suburban highschoolers with justin bieber hair who use "chill" to describe ambient/downtempo music

you know it's true

ah shit, I love tycho

Sure but it's actually good, and evokes different moods than BoC so there's room for both.

To me, BoC is primarily a fall/winter sort of group, and Tycho is very spring/summer.

Epoch (the song) really grows one you the longer it goes on

too bad it's autumn

Temperatures are still hovering around 30 C here, as far as I'm concerned it's still summer.

Fuck Arkansas, what a shitty state.

literally highs of 65-67 here in nashville tomorrow lmao
that's what you get for living in arkansas

I've just got to graduate already and move away. I will never miss this shithole.

it keeps your attention wayyy more than Dive and Awake, the drumming is a lot more dynamic as well

>live in Florida
>mfw every day is 90

>tfw can't imagine how the hell anyone could have settled these areas before air conditioning

It's just inhumane to raise a family in places like this. I've lived all over the southern half of the country, from Florida to Arizona, and the Southwest is easily, hands-down a massive improvement over the humid bullshit of the Southeast. Fuck Florida, fuck Arkansas, fuck everything about Oklahoma altogether. Easily the most boring, miserable state. No wonder everyone is a drunken inbred piece of shit around here, all there is to do is hide inside from the heat, drink, and fuck.

>tfw ears get too sweaty for earbuds or headphones in the summer and my speakers overheat even with a fan on them

Truly cursed lands.

Gonna give it a proper listen tomorrow morning. I'm in a shit mood right now and I absolutely love Tycho so I don't want to ruin my first listen to the new stuff.

Feel better user, and have fun!

Is the cover supposed to be a minimalist frame of 2001?

Really really solid release so far, have liked every single track

it's a floppy