youtube.com/watch?v=is83WB7Ue1Y
picosong.com/TrUA/
youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475253296238.webm
discord.gg/9MKcGT8
vocaroo.com/i/s1mD5Hkxa2gQ
vocaroo.com/i/s1Pw55HDkMkO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a Tele in a molded case is one of the sexiest sights. I need a molded case rly bad ;___;

Strat > tele

Asking again, last thread died. What's the best strat under 650$? All I have is a half broken ibanez gio and I hate it. I've played strats in the store before and MIM ones felt bretty gud but then I have no experience really with strats.

Don't buy new gear unless you're rich, and since you have a $650 budget, I'm assuming you're not. Try to find something on Craigslist or reverb.com

I mean used mate, I'm poor already. Reverb is a total scam though since everything is just sale price anyway.

Look what showed up today.
Sounds like a dream.

Really considering a strat. Just don't know if it's worth it to buy an american over a mexican... used or new, doesn't matter as long as it's in good condition. Last thing I want to do is turn down an $800 american then buy a mexican and put $300 of crap into it a year later.

Ok I've been posting about getting a budget mixer a lot lately but I'm getting sick of researching mixers because every review is vague or conflicting with other reviews.

I really don't need the majority of things that come in mixers, anyway. All I need is a way to connect multiple instruments to the same speakers while keeping out unwanted noises.

Is there any way to do this for cheap?

If you wanna play with lots of distortion, get an hss strat. Otherwise if you just play anything that's not hard rock/metal, you csn get away with a normal one.

American strats are a meme, MIM strats are just fine for the money, especially when bought used. Only adjustments you might wanna make are replace the pups (single coil mim pups are just fine IMO, but humbuckers suck dick, I wanna get them replaced on mine soon).

>tfw you will never be in a sludge metal band with a sludge metal gf

See

For best results all members of a sludge metal band must hate themselves and everyone around them
no gfs allowed

what does the center switch do?

is that you eyehategod

Ken Bethea is probably my favorite guitarist that plays Fenders for the most part.

youtube.com/watch?v=is83WB7Ue1Y

Reposting from last thread

Been playing classical guitar for a year and want to venture out into other genres, learn how to improvise and write songs and all that stuff. Got myself a low tier electric guitar and a shit tier bass to start with hoping to buy some upgrades in the future if it keepsme interested. Got a few questions though

Any recommended bass methods? The link on the OP doesn't seem tob e working, even though I'm not sure how much I'll need it since the gymnastics of playing bass seem to be pretty similar to what you'd do on a classical guitar, other than slapping ofc.

If I want to improvise basslines will the theory on guitar books work or willI have to ditch that and download something else?

the Hal Leonard Bass Method by Ed Friedland is top-notch.

you step on it to activate the pedal.

google is so easy in 10 seconds i discovered that it's a vibrato switch.

link in the OP asks me for password

I have been able to recreate the intro to Baba O'riley with pic related and a guitar

I patched my telecaster into the vocoder jack and made an audio in settings with an arpeggiator latch so the audio would still feed through without me holding a key.

add a phaser effect and make sure the arp mode is on trigger

make sure also that the vocoder setting is on the 1/4 jack instead of XLR

there ya go

I have a Mexican Strat that I bought about a year ago and it was already a year or two old when I bought it back then. It still plays like a brand new guitar, I've had absolutely no issues with the quality. The only thing I'm going to replace are the pickups, which really aren't too bad right now, but I want to put in a set of SD Texas Antiquity Hot Rails for more of that classic Strat sound (a la Hendrix). The build quality is just fine, though.

mim strats are god tier honestly. i'm not saying american ones aren't better, i just don't think they're worth double the price. if you get a good deal, go for it, but i've had a mim strat for almost a decade and it's still absolutely great

Any MIM Strat, or a new Squier Vintage Modified model. If you can find one used, the Fender Deluxe Strats are pretty nice; I'm pretty sure Guthrie Govan used one to record a few leads on the most recent Steve Wilson album.

Any bassists in here have a go at the sire v7 series? They look and sound like they should be much more expensive than they already are.

I've heard the Classic Player MIM series is the basically indistinguishable from an american. How true is this?

Yeah what the other guy said, vibrato.

Amp EQ help please,

Amp: Blackstar Ht-60
Guitar: Fender Strat (usa)

Long story short, I am getting ear piercing highs when I am playing as loud as I can on the clean channel. It sounds almost like that 60's style horribly compressed/mixed sound. To combat this I have placed my pickup on the the one 2nd Neck from the top (pointing towards the sky, not the floor). I have an 6 band EQ however the settings are pretty much -6 on the 100 - 400, a bit above midway for 800, about 3/4 way for 1.6 and about -5 for 3.2. This has somewhat made it bearable when I am playing chords.

However all this has really seemed to do is just the same effect as turning my amp down. Keep in mind this is with no reverb or delay (reverb seems to add artifacts which carry around the high range, but thats to be expected).

My presence and resoance are also set at 0.

Is there any tips or do Blackstar just make terrible amps to play clean at high volume? The thing sounds perfect if you are just playing by yourself, but when it comes to playing with others I effectively tone down my amp so it sounds nothing like I want it too and emulates having a flat tone whilst rolling back on a wah pedal. It sounds like mud.

How the hell do I get that nice clean, bright sound without it piercing your ears? Thinking something like Sonic Youth or Gybe.

I play in a post rock / experimental band so unfortunately building on the clean channel and playing chords fast and aggressive is a staple of our stuff before I lolcrescebdo with heaps of distortion.

Funny thing is the distortion channels fully reverbed and delayed sound smooth and great, exactly what I want.

TLDR: how to get rid of ear piercing highs whilst keeping that clean fender sound and not sounding like a muddy pond.

Cheers friends.

they're pretty good, but they usually have specs that make them very different from vintage-correct/USA instruments

plus they're made by mexican machines in Mexico rather than mexican hands the US, so

didn't realize it was in the OP; I was just recommending my favorite because you asked about bass methods.

>be left-handed
>learned left-handed, don't feel like learning right-handed just yet

every time I go to buy a guitar, regardless of the store I go to, the clerk always says "you should buy a righty guitar and learn right-handed, your fret hand will be your dominant hand, you can shred better and shit lol"

if this is true, why aren't all the right-handed guitarists playing lefty?

Because he's not interesting in stocking shit for your snowflake ass.

most of the past year i've been learning guitar i've been in drop c and i still don't know any scales

is there a nice pic of blues scale for drop c that's fairly intuitive

>drop c
So, B standard tuning dropped to C?

Where you play doesn't change apart from the lowest string unless you're playing in some bizarro tuning like NST.

>snowflake
sorry to remind you that left-handed people exist, I guess?

true, a bigger selection of lefties would be nice, but I can work around it. one of my main guitars is a modified righty. so it's not as if I'm going into the store and whining about the lack of selection. I'm talking about the fact that, unless there's some secret to guitar playing that nobody talks about, they're saying something blatantly illogical.

if having your dominant hand as your fret hand is so great, why aren't the right-handed guitarists doing it? like, is this actually a thing? do righties ever play left-handed on purpose to give themselves an advantage?

I think Drop C is D tuning with the D tuned down to C for one-finger power chords.

Left handed people is in the minority by a big ass margin. Your average shop can't be arsed paying their money for shit people may or may not buy in any quantity at all.

He told you that shit as an excuse so as to not cause you butthurt.

You're right, sorry. It's 7:30am with zero sleep and I usually only use E standard and C standard on my two guitars.

Relationship between strings aren't any different apart from the lowest string anyway in regards to how you play scales.

>Left handed people is in the minority by a big ass margin. Your average shop can't be arsed paying their money for shit people may or may not buy in any quantity at all.
duh? been lefty for 40 years, this is not news to me. if a guitar store clerk thinks it is, I guess that is his problem then. never mind.

PRS reported that 0.5% of their market is lefties.

Just a little factoid I thought I'd throw out there.

first act>strat>tele

>post yfw you're not a lefty

not a Fender fanboy, I swear...

1/3

2\3

married to three beautiful ladies.
although that 6-string sounds like shit. anyone recommend good replacement soapies for an ltd b206sm? or is the problem within the pre-amp? the eq knobs just make everything worse.

maybe i just don't like actives :(

3/3

Picked up this J Bass for use at home when i am writing music.

active basses are satan's playthings

Hey fellas. Stumbled upon another ancient beat to shit parlor today, an old Kay this time. Meanest lookin' stump of a git I've seen in a while. Guy had no idea how old it is, I'm skimmin through old scanned copies of Kay catalogs trying to find something similar but not having a lot of luck. It has ladder bracing on both the front and back, laminate back and sides, manufactured in Japan, can't find a model/serial # anywhere. Any parlor nerds on /gg/ able to estimate the decade?

Mind the clipping, trusty SM57 ain't at home right now, had to resort to the cellphone tonight:
picosong.com/TrUA/

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI

Reposting from last thread.

Looking for a good steel-string acoustic under $500. Seagull noted form last thread, thanks user. I'll be playing a few tomorrow so I just want some recommendations on which makes to check out.

Is it possible to break a pedal by putting the output into the input?

used nofrills taylor dreadnought, top teir sound but looks like a regular guitar so it wont impress people who don't know shit about music.

FUCK, did I just give advice to a consumer "wat should i buy?" post? Fuck this is disgusting. I hate you people.

are you fucking stupid m8? yeah it explodes. Kill yourself.

Well I'm trying to troubleshoot see how why my pedal has gone from sounding good to a distorted mess on all settings.

By playing guitar you're doing the equivalent of setting up a D&D club in high school with a big sign that says "NO GIRLS ALLOWED!" on the door to the clubroom.
You're doing the equivalent of studying engineering at a University.

What I'm saying is, without 2 or 3 consecutive miracles you simply won't find a girlfriend by plajng guitar lad.

You know how pedals don't turn on unless you plug in the input? That's cause they have internal charge loops so if you connect from the input to the output this charge goes through your pedal and shoots electricity at the circuits and components that it shouldn't

So yeah you fried your pedal sorry dude

rip

>putting the output into the input
Really bad idea. What that will do is cause a runaway feedback loop within the pedal. Since most guitar pedals are calibrated to respond the the guitars unique frequency response this creates much higher and much lower internal frequency's than the pedal was designed to handle. At best it will have to be recalibrated or at worse the pedal's circuity could be destroyed. This will often erase a digital delays pedals internal clock speed for example which would make the pedal do grainy unmusical sounds instead of repeats.

Yeah girls hate guys who play instruments as much as they do DnD nerds that run to class. Sure.

No. In actuality, a girl will either find it cool or not care either way whether you play an instrument. If you think it's lame to play guitar/bass/drums, you're probably one of those losers that throw the phrase "guitar music is dead" around.

Quick question for the people of GG: Lately I've been using my practice time improvising over songs I like/ jam tracks. I feel like I've been progressing faster than I was learning songs but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and if it actually improved their playing or created problems.

Mixing playing and drills is always a good idea.

Nobody will ever praise you for how well you nailed that scale.

It's very good to improvise over a backing track instead of learning your favorite band's discography. It isn't that learning songs is bad, for some people that's all they want out of playing an instrument. If you want to create music it's very healthy for your progression to jam. That's not to say it's bad to learn songs, especially if it is of the genre you want to play.

Playing an instrument nowadays does put you in the same category, you're a fucking nerd. Especially when you're into weird or experimental stuff and not just playing wonderwall.
And guitar music IS dead.

>And guitar music IS dead.

haha i knew it, go jerk off to kanye some more you fucking loser

some user came here a few threads ago and asked if anybody had a girlfriend. nobody had one ;___;

That has nothing to do with instruments my friend, that's because we're on Cred Forums at this hour

People on chans are hardly representative for what's considered normal in society.

Look for a Cordoba D9 if anyone has them in stock still for some ungodly reason.

I remember when he asked that. /gg/ just started flinging out shitposts in sexual frustration

to actually answer your question unlike the other asshole, the non-dominant hand is typically peoples' fretting hand not because it's good at small motions, but because the non-dominant hand sucks ass at larger motions i.e. picking. if a right-handed person were to try to learn guitar left-handed, their fretting speed would probably be much faster but they'd have a lot of trouble with picking.

I'm so jealous right now.

>To combat this I have placed my pickup on the the one 2nd Neck from the top

You mean the middle pickup?

The bridge pickup will always be super bright - It's piercing on my strat through my HRD3

Try the neck pickup for that classic fender clean sound

anyone play a guitar with no tone control?
if so, what did you do to handle any treble roll-off? amp eq? pedal?

Turn down the treble on your guitar a bit

I have a mim jazz bass. Honestly it's nearly as good as my american one. The only difference is that my american one has 60s custom shop pickups and a better bridge. But you can always replace those parts on a mim guitar/bass and you have a great guitar for gigging and recording.

Sigmas are generally very good - they used to be Martin's budget brand, but now just license design from them and other brands.

Yamahas can be good too.

Best bet, though is to play as many guitars as you can and trust your ears, not a brand - some you may be able to write off with just a couple of strums, others you like add to a shortlist then keep comparing them until you find the one.

Also if your going to use the pickup make sure you try them plugged in - you might find one that is great acoustically, but sucks plugged in.

I'm one before the neck pickup now, going all the way to neck pickup makes it too low end for my liking. It could be an idea though, use that and then use my eq pedal to bring out the highs etc.

Treble on my clean channel is at absolute zero and I roll off my pickup to about 8, doesn't sacrifice to much articulation.

It's at a good level, I just have to see how it performs next rehearsal.

Cheers for the advice.

Those are pretty much your only super effective options from what I know. You could get an EH Screaming Bird if you want a pedal for it. If your pickups are low you could raise them as well.

I'm left handed but I play guitar right handed because I'm not a faggot.

Steel string, dummy.

I have the same bass, slapped a set of 40-95 on it and tuned it up to F# though cause I'm a faggot.

Rolling off the volume will darken the sound a bit unless there's a treble bleed wired in.

Otherwise use a pedal, even a cheap OD pedal with the tone wound down could do the trick

Can anyone recommend a bass for me? It isn't a first instrument, I just don't know anything about basses. I'm looking for something to get near a Geezer tone, would a Vintage Modified P-bass suffice?

I suspect there will be more at the store than I'll care to try out so I was hoping to narrow it down here first. And I never use my nylon's pups so I'm not worried about it here.

Fair enough, but narrow what sort of playing you want to do on it - if it's more fingerpicking stuff focus more on the OM/GA body shape rather Jumbos and dreads

Most basses will do fine, they one you posted would be great. It's more about his playing style than the bass. A lot of the time he plucks over the high frets, giving it that slightly 'slappy' sound.

Watch a couple of videos on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Hey fools I've been playing 6ish years now, been shreddin on a yung Squier Strat but when I record with my buddy I play his G&L Tele and it sounds like... way better. But I'm poor so i can't get that guitar and I'm looking at MIM Fender Teles on Craigslist. Does this seem like a good course of action?? I play derpy emo pop if that helps. Lots of distorted strumming w/ occasional twinkly riff.

Will do, thanks man

This. If Frippers can do it everybody can do it.

whats the tonal difference between a strat and a tele? how come strat guys never play teles and vice versa?

It actually makes more sense for me to play right handed because I have better dexterity in my left hand.

why though?

why are mini humbuckers so underrated?

Because we're not cute anime girls that go: "sugoi! Is that a mini-bucker?"

that 6 is an esp huh? i tried it out once expecting a killer sound but it wasnt there. Ive heard some AMAZING esp's but that one bummed me out

This anime girl plays fretless. Why can't you play fretless?

Go to the middle and assemble your own with American parts and high quality electronics for $500

Uhh me neither

I'm on Cred Forums at 5 am, of course I don't have a gf

>Why can't you play fretless?
because I don't have one. and the only options I know of are either rondo garbage, the "sell your organs to buy one" vigier, or modding. I'll probably do the third option on my GIO piece of shit once I'll upgrade, and I'll probably get a fretless 5 string later on too.

Most lefties should probably just start on a normal guitar and not suffer for eternity.

Becaue we're all NEETs who can't afford such fineries.

Looking forward to your clips when you have one m8.

>listening to music on public transport
>rumbling and vibrations completely drown out the bass in the mix
And nothing of value was lost.

First year having it is probably going to sound like ass, just like when I mess around on my friend's violin.
I probably will have to do something about the fretboard too, it has these nasty sharktooth inlay and I feel like they might ruin the thing. Never heard about replacing a fretboard though, so I don't know exactly yet what I will do.

Oh you'll have to sand down and level the entire fingerboard anyway if you want it to be decent. Usually the fretboard on a fretted guitar or bass isn't leveled properly because it's not that relevant, especially on cheaper instruments.
It's a cool project though and with markers you shouldn't have too much trouble. The comparison with a violin doesn't work since you're not used to that instrument in general and especially the scale length. You don't know where the notes are on a violin, but you do know where your frets used to be on the guitar.

>Oh you'll have to sand down and level the entire fingerboard anyway if you want it to be decent.
I know about that, but the problem is the inlays, I don't know how deep they're set and winding up sanding down the whole thing would mean I have wasted my time. Then I would also have to do something like setting in a new fretboard, which I doubt I could do properly.
I'm still gonna do it anyway because that thing is a piece of shit and it would just collect dust once I get a proper guitar.

Should I?

I wouldn't even though I'm a Marshall guy.

It would be my first amp besides my Mustang. Are the MA series good or bad?

No. There's plenty of good, cheap Marshalls out there that aren't solid state half stacks. Something like a small DSL combo would be a lot better.

I'm pretty sure it is tube

Unless you want a JCM800 or 900 (or some vintage shit), there's usually better and cheaper options than Marshall. Though if that one is full tube and not a hybrid, you should definitely test it properly before buying. That kinda price smells of busted amp.

Oh for some reason I was thinking it was an MG. What is this exactly?

The inlays should be glued in properly and if that's the case you can sand them down with the fingerboard wood as if they were 1 piece.

I read it was just an inexpensive tube series they did awhile back

It's a fucking GIO, I wouldn't be surprised if they were spray painted on.

>good or bad
Marshalls tend to sound like Marshalls, if you like. I'd go with something lower in wattage for bedroom use though.

I'd love a jcm800 but the only one around here is listed for $1000

Yeah, they always go around that. The 900 goes cheaper, but honestly at that pricepoint I'd probably get an Orange instead.

Í am a lefty but I went for the righty guitars because they have actual market value and you can't find shit when looking for lefty guitars.

Opinions on Alinco 2 pickups?

Then you can just sand them off and you'll have a nice clean neck without any inlays :>

woah, take it easy pal.

Sitting in a room with several 10k worth of Gibson guitars lying around. Last finishes on my bass by the luthier and then I can finally take it home.

How does /gg/ feel about Peavey Windsors? The price seems too good to be true.

ECC83/EL34 pre and power amp, yeah go for it, it's cheap enough. is it the 50 or 100 watt?

you should sell all your meme gear and buy one decent amp to go with that les paul

Amp is definitely next on the list, but I won't be selling anything, Probably an Orange of some description.

>The inlays should be glued in properly
they're definitely not, there's some space between the wood and the inlay even, whether its filled with unremoveable grime or actual wood filler, I don't know.
I'd legit rather have them painted on, that way they would already be removed.

Honestly, the $200 rondo bass i have is pretty fucking solid for the price. Damn thing didnt need ANY adjustment out of the shipping box. It got a tiny bit buzzy once it settled, but other than that its performing well. Can speak much of their fretless shit.

I want a tube amp so bad.
It's been 10 years now of solid states for me, I just want is a GODDAMN TUBE AMP. Being poor is shit.

Definitely improved my playing. Especially when i was younger and just started playing. I still do it now. Kind of reminds me of when we would get thrown a completely new piece of music in dorkestra and be told "play this, right now"

Oldly enough, i can play sheet music super quick on an upright. Hand me an electric and some sheet music and ask me to play it, and my brain freezes and i cant play it for shit. Ive never understood it.

now try doing that while being in Europe. I don't want to have to deal with international shipping because the one I got is fucked.

I never got that. A well designed tube amp, a well designed solid state amp, and a well designed modeller will all each sound good, I don't understand why you would feel so specific in your needs.

Yeah I picked up an agile 3100 for $200 off of craigslist. Pretty impressed with it desu senpai.

>Orange
>he already has plans to buy a faggot meme amp next
I shoulda known I guess. you should sell that les paul to someone who's not a faggot so you'll only have meme gear

That's a probably good price for the cab alone (depending on the cab). Buy it and sell the head for something that isn't awful.

That's fair. I'd imagine it can be a bitch dealing with that.

What the fuck is meme gear?

Get over yourself retard, go run some more scales on your bed

Found the ad. MA-412 cab and M100h amp .. i'd say its a good deal.

>What the fuck is meme gear?
see just remove the les paul and add an orange amp

And now I finally have a 3-way switch on my bass for each humbucker. Versatility your name is, well, it doesn't have a name but it's versatile as fuck now.

Rhetorical question. I know what you mean by meme gear, I just think you're a cunt who needs to get over himself. There's nothing wrong with Fender, and definitely nothing wrong with Orange amps.

>ampeg
>meme gear

Shut your mouth

They're good for achieving vintage tones

>There's nothing wrong with Fender Memestangs
lol, stopped reading right there
>ampeg
>anything other than a bass amp
see attached pic

Yea you obviously did stop reading there, you fucking moron, I didn't say Mustangs.

>Jazz bass
>meme gear
I'd be curious to know what you'd consider to be a proper bass then.

Only a 50s P with flats on it.

If you were on a budget, you wouldn't buy a fucking Squier J. You'd only buy that if you were a poser and the bass player for your favourite band played a Fender.

>you obviously did stop reading there
...yeah that's what I said dummy
>chink shitplank squier
>a proper Jazz Bass
I don't think so Ringo

>anything other than a bass amp

The fuck are you even saying

>ampeg guitar amps
lol

And i thought my absolute hate for fender basses was unreasonable...

no fender hate is unreasonable user. the fender meme needs to die

>2 fender guitars and a gibson
>squier sticking out like a sore thumb

The guy who owns that shit bought it for "aesthetic" purposes. Fender basses are fine. I-can't-believe-it's-fender basses are not. You get a hell of a lot better basses at their price range.

I hate Fender instruments but they're objectively not terrible.

They're not particularly good for the price but they're far from being meme gear too. I've seen far worse stuff in that price range

Exactly. They're really not my thing. Not gonna be some mega tard and call them "meme gear" though

>punctuation
No, fender hate is unreasonable user. The fender meme needs to die.
A fucking horrible death, I would add.

Start by using that memeshit as kindling. The more you post that shit, the more hate will grow.

Admit it, you only bought that because some "obscure" indie band you like has people playing them.

>strat
>"obscure" indie band

Not all obscure bands are indie but all indie bands are obscure

What passes as "indie" today isn't indie at all.

What's being passed as "rock" is definitely alt or indie. Fucking everything on the radio really is just pop in a different dress depending on the station it plays on.

There's for sure been a huge surge in "indie" whiney rock music though

Biggest fa/gg/ot of the day right here lmao

>denying the fender meme
lol

My favorite indie band

I bought it two months after they debuted at NAMM, it's a fantastic instrument. Enjoy your butthurt.

Did I hurt your feelings? Did I hit too close to home? You didn't buy your guitar because you like playing it, you bought it because one of your heroes plays the exact same model.

>meme sticker still on the pickguard

I don't know a single other person who plays a G&L Fallout t b h famiglia
Why are you so mad tho

>List the perfect rig consisting of the Non-Meme tier Gear.

You can't because you have the mental capacity of a Cred Forumstard.

He's probably going to say a custom shop LP (that's some fucking meme gear right there) and a JCM800.

hey roman, when are you going to post that "neo Cred Forums users can't tell bait" like you do every time ?

The day I opened the box. The pick guard now has scratches. No dings yet.

>memer poorfag mad about gear he can't afford
no surprises there

It's as if you have no idea what subjectivity means, if you really enjoyed music, guitars etc you wouldn't be so hateful as to put down people who are doing what they enjoy their way, enjoy being unable to get by in life because of your aggressive anti-social personality.

Is this a good head?

/thread

doesn't that faggot from death cab for cutie play one? lol you're in good company queerbag

The Gibson CS is a meme. Use a less corporate luthier if you want to drop $5k on a guitar.

I think you replied to the wrong guy. Either that or you had an aneurysm halfway throughout your sentence because it made no fucking sense in response to what I said.

why dont you ask your mom about good head

good
shit
good
shit
shit
shit
shit
good
shit
shit
shit except for the Les Paul
shit

Learn some fucking English.

Great thread guys.

Here's my memes. I've been especially enjoying my new fretless meme after I put better, memeier tuners on it.

>sparkle finish
>truss rod adjustment at heel
>cheap two point bridge
>shitty pot metal saddles
>noiseless pickups
>zebra humbucker in bridge
>2 retarded buttons one in volume knob + one by tone control
>pawn shop case
Everything about this is pure ass.

>half fretted bass neck
i would knock you the fuck out irl

>>cheap two point bridge
It's a tremolo

god man I hate wood finishes so much

at least stain that fuckin shit

There wasn't anything wrong with what I said you mongoloid

It's not half fretted, they're inlays.

Bring it on, kid. I'll send you a postage-paid envelope to pain town, first class.

I love em. Especially the satin finish on the Schecter. It just feels nice.

Fender started using that two point vibrato when they realized some players weren't using the middle four screws and they were floating the bridge on the outside two screws.

So what did filthy Fender decide to do? Remove the middle four screws like the cheap greedy fucks they are to save .2 cents on every build.

You can set up a six screw vintage style vibrato either way but you're forced to set it up one way with the two point bridge.

Pure. Fucking. Ass.

It's always worked fine for me, though I personally dont like trems so I blocked mine with a stack of quarters.

>they're inlays
give me your address faggot i'm gonna find you and beat your ass irl

I never really got the Fender hate, at least they're not CBS-era Fender. (which still isn't worse than Gibson atm)

ITT: (((YOU)))

I'm already omw kid, you're in for it now.

my opinion on it (which is probably retarded)

They're thin sounding. they just don't have the feel i like when playing. i do feel like there is a giant amount of people that say they are sooooo awesome cause jaco etc. never been a fan of them what so ever.

>at least they're not CBS-era Fender
Shut up, dipshit. You know fuck all about any Fender era.

>they're thin sounding
So you don't like single coils then?

Even the basses sound thin to you?

Cred Forums is just full of miopic goobers, don't bother trying to understand it. Fenders are excellent for certain sounds, just like gibson, prs etc..

Son you're gonna have to start posting a new picture other than this every single thread.

>shut up dipshit you know nothing about when CBS started cutting corners wherever possible to save money on production

You're right, I'm sorry.

(Ren and Stimpy sucks)

if you don't like telecasters you should have been aborated

somewhat

yeah idk what it is.. (like i said my opinion may be retarded) just never could get down on em. years ago we played at this vintage guitar shop that had all kinds of stupid expensive instruments. and the owner was like,
"hey if you want man you can pick one off the wall to play during your set"
All they had for 4 strings (i hadn't ever played a 5 or 6 at the time) was this fender that was older than me in amazing shape. played it. didn't like the neck feel, the sound i got out of it, not one thing about it.

i mean to each their own though. plenty of people like them, they just aren't for me

>Son you're gonna have to start posting a new picture other than this every single thread.

That's like the 3rd pic I've posted so far

Have you posted any pictures of your gear ITT?

Here's my old setup. The sansamp sounds fine but it was too damn big. Didnt use the different channels much.

Yep

Fair enough. I never was obsessed with vintage pups myself and prefer a modern set of something like bartolinis.

>(Ren and Stimpy sucks)

>(Ren and Stimpy sucks)

please leave

I realized that hulu has the originals a few months ago. Can't believed my parents let me watch it as a kid.

I know Danos are ugly as fuck but I love their quirkiness. I just wish there were some with humbuckers.

I've been thinking of getting one and dropping some Hot Rails or somethin in it.

>(Ren and Stimpy sucks)

>(Ren and Stimpy sucks)

mind blowing isn't it? if you were to show my kids(when i have em, if i do) the shit i watched when i was a kid, i'd probably get thrown in jail

I'm at work so I can't take any new pics, this is from an old thread. I play a '62 AVRI Jazzmaster through this.

I'm a bass player first though, I don't really have a "bass board" I just run my Jazz Bass through a Boss ODB-3, and the pictured RAT, Big Muff and one of the RV-3s. I'm always on the market for a different bass overdrive, but until I get a decent amp the only pedal I find gives me that Dinosaur Jr. sound is the ODB-3.

Yeah I guess that's why I never liked it, it wasn't contained funny like Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry, they always had to take everything too far too quick.

I never really found much of a use for OD in my playing, I love fuzz, though.

You must really like those RV-3s. Was thinking about picking up a TC hall of fame or something similar.

> it wasn't contained funny like Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry, they always had to take everything too far too quick.
I grew up watching looney tunes and the like and it set the bar, but Ren & Stimpy was almost a throwback to that standard in a lot of ways, just way, way more absurd.

It's ok, just tell them your kid identifies as a degenerate.

Anybody here have any experience with Bilt guitars? I've been wanting to get an offset guitar for a while now, and everything I've read about them seems pretty sweet, but I haven't really seen any criticisms anywhere, which makes me somewhat suspicious.

Looks pretty snazzy, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. Never heard of the brand, though.

that headstock is way too big

>you need to remove the pup to adjust the truss rod
Enough criticism?

yeah RV-3 is probably my second favorite pedal, I just love how unapologetically digital it is, you can get some pretty cool reps from it. The Raptio (the little white box being cornered by the three "thuggish" RV-3s) is my favorite though glitch delay and hold are the funnest shit to play ever, I need to get me a DD-6 too.

Hall of Fame is pretty great, it doesn't sound bad on bass either, should go for it user.

Also is that aluminum box on the top a hand-made Woolly Mammoth? Why isn't it in here no more?

>check that, the whole fucking pick guard.

>8" radius
I know this is chapshit, so I don't really care about it. But why would you need that radius ? That thing must feel like a fucking pencil

How the fuck often are you needing to adjust your truss rod? If you're not living in the fucking jungle or on an ice berg, and you have a quality, instrument, that shouldn't be a problem.

Standard on Fenders is 7.5''.

standard is 9.5'', Vintage spec or standard for Fender Japan was 7.25''

Is it ? Holy shit, 4 stringed ibanez SRs already felt like shit and they're apparently 12"
I need to try a fender bass again then, but it might explain why they felt odd to me.

>Hall of Fame is pretty great, it doesn't sound bad on bass either, should go for it user.
I really am tempted to. I used an FX blender so I dont lose any low end either way.

>Also is that aluminum box on the top a hand-made Woolly Mammoth? Why isn't it in (You) here no more?

I rebuilt it with an input bias knob and housed it in the case that looks like a pack of cigs.

I also built one into pic-related.

>..he posted as he hit one last rock pose in the mirror before putting his electric guitar back in it's case
>"Oh shit! look what time it is! I'm gonna be late, those shelves ain't gonna stock themselves!"
>...as he cranked up the minivan and headed in for another day of work at Home Depot
>turning on the radio he immediately began imagining himself as Slash playing the solo in Welcome To The Jungle at Madison Square Garden in front of an audience as far as the eye could see
>it was a fantasy he often had between thoughts of chores like mowing grass or changing diapers

damn I've always wanted to make a Woolly Mammoth but I don't know jack shit about reading circuit boards

what blender do you use? I was thinking of getting one so I don't get lost in the mix too when turning on my Big Muff.

The Cordoba D9 IS A STEEL STRING YOU FUCKING MORON.
It was discontinued in 2015 so if you can find one it will likely be cheap because despite sounding absolutely phenomenal, stores couldn't give them away because the headstock didn't say Martin.

It's an all-solid wood steel string.

bro you have fuckin auts

I got the mammoth layout and the blender from a site called "tagboard effects". It's easy to find on google, but it's a blogspot and Cred Forums blacks the link as spam iirc.
Pretty sure the blender is called "seamoon funk machine" or something like that.

Building pedals is pretty easy and cheap, here's one I put in a tupperware container.

Anybody have a pdf of Mick Goodrick's Almanac of Guitar Voice Leading?

Oh, thanks user I'll look into both.

Cool fan fic, bro. Still doesn't explain why you can't take care of your shit, tho.

i have a gf and a kid

How did you guys learn how to play guitar/bass

git out

i like following them on instagram cuz theyre nice looking but way too expensive

By picking one up and playing it. Get a chord book to start off

this instructional video taught me everything I know.

What is this? Cred Forums has made me want to never watch it.

BECK is pretty good though.

hellz yea

Oh, Kids on the Slope is also excellent.

So it taught you how to eat cake and be an airhead?

BECK (the anime, movie) is fucking garbage son.

The manga is pretty good but the author's (and by proxy, the character's) music taste is fucking disgusting.

There was one dude that said some chicks were interested. But he turned them down.

"K-On!"

It's fun, comfy, and there are some really nice tunes in it. Good if you want a show to relax with.

Here, I just uploaded this to /wsg/ for you.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475253296238.webm

Bass player here. I play a Hohner B2A that my friend left at my house before he moved away. It's a great fucking machine. My favorite bassist has to be carlos deng of INTERPOL.
Never played in any bands or anything. I also use a Epiphone Les Paul with a blue sunburst finish

Honestly though K-ON is barely about the music. Out of 36 episodes the music is the main focus in only like 6 or 7 episodes.

Still pretty fun anime though, the episode where they sell Sawako's SG is still one of my fave anime episodes ever.

>the episode where they sell Sawako's SG
that sounds sad. will i cry?

Are the "guitar for dummies" book collection good?

Why would your fave bassist be the guy that was so disatisfied from playing bass in a shitty band like Interpol that he left and stopped playing bass altogether.

Go play in a band you fruit.

No, it's fucking funny. I won't spoil it for you.

They're not bad, but I would honestly go with the songwriting one, it's a super good introduction to scales, notation and chords which you should be learning. If you want something for beginners as far as guitar goes check the OP.

not at that episode but you will cry near the end of the second season.

discord.gg/9MKcGT8

Join the /GG/ Discord chat

We just added two soundcheck voice channels where you can let us here your rig and a Jam circle for you to come in and jam.

I started in the most generate teenage boy way possible. Bought guitar, learned metallica songs. I did have a background with music from before though, playing trombone in school band. No lessons.

Not recommended. At least watch instructional videos on youtube, pay attention, be careful not to take shortcuts at this stage. It took me years to unlearn the bad habits i developed from that starting point.

*generic

I've had teachers who tell you things like "learn music theory first" and whatnot, and as a 7 year player I'll tell you now that that's a shitty way to learn that just discourages you to the point of not playing anything, at least nothing that sounds good you you. Here's some steps that will help you out

Pick up a guitar

Make some noise

Take that noise and try to make it sound like a song you really like

Find a video of someone showing you how to play the song or just playing it, just watch them and see what they do differently

Find some tabs or chords to go along

now see how those things fix your noise earlier

from here, find songs you like and find tabs, chords, and video lessons and learn from them. Remember you don't need to do things exactly how they teach you, do what feels right and sounds good to you.

Good luck brother.

That's actually what makes it even better, desu. He is by no means anywhere near the most talented bassists but his style had such a raw attitude that really brought together the band's particular style.

Tonal Harmony, get a used one and the homework book to go with it.

That will teach you theory, and for guitar, the internet has all you need to know. Look up classical guitar techniques.

Those "x for dummies" are trash and so are most other things that are SOLD to cater exclusively to dumbass guitarists.

I won't disagree, he wasn't just some dickhead just playing root notes over and over.

Yes i second this. You want to learn your theory of course but you should also devote a portion of everyday practice to playing simple and fun things along with a song or even just a drum track.

On that note, if you're going to be doing electric guitar or bass, make sure the amp you buy has an aux in (to play songs through) and a headphone jack (so you don't piss off your housemates/neighbours). Most of them do these days.

No, it isn't. See

Doing it right

Nice. But what happens when you stomp on it?

>flats
I respect your opinion but disagree

Latest addition to the family I just got last week

It's true.

From the images posted in these threads, you'd think they actually played instruments on a regular basis in the show. This is not the case.

What a beauty, excellent color choice m8

Right now I have a Schecter C-1+ and it's alright but I don't like the neck very much. I was thinking of getting an MIM tele or a cheap PRS. Thoughts?

you posted this already user

fucking maple fretboards ugh

kys

smd

I still think that's tiny as fuck, and I don't understand why it's so popular

maple fretboards ain't do bad.
Black blocky inlays though ? They definitely don't fit this finish

What's the passcode for Hal Leonard's Bass Method?

You forgot to mention the part where you spend 3 years using this method to get to the same level as someone who has been studying theory for like 5 months.
I think finding a nice balance is more important, obviously you should have fun with your instrument but studying more serious shit is also necessary if you want to make any progress at a decent pace.

>Remember you don't need to do things exactly how they teach you, do what feels right and sounds good to you.
This i really nice advice though, there's way too many dumbfucks who spend all their practice time playing what someone else taught them and when it comes to playing they just play perfectly executed borefest, don't be one of them.

rate my riff you dumb piece of shit niggers
vocaroo.com/i/s1mD5Hkxa2gQ

Well of course a balance needs to come in, but when it comes to guitar and bass, I think learning how to play is the first important step, when I learned theory after I coudl do that theory just made more sense when I understood say why chords and scales are what they are, understanding that a certain note sounded good because it was the 7th of the chord at this part, and so forth.

maple resists finger gunk because it has small pores, and often, maple necks are finished so gunk can just wipe away rather than get stuck in cracks. this is especially good for bass because they change their strings less

that being said, why the fuck does nobody post double basses? are none of you real bassfags? I don't get the hate for fretless either. all orchestral instruments are fretless, and they play better because of it.

>why the fuck does nobody post double basses?
big, bulky and expensive.
>I don't get the hate for fretless either.
neither do I
I wouldn't say play better, but rather have more options to express themselves.

Practice with a metronome ffs, your rhythm sucks ass.

>Nice. But what happens when you stomp on it?
you turn it on and off, silly.

fair enough

Does it not squish? It's tupperware.

I have that tupperware set, they're pretty sturdy.

I'm meme-ing, but I do like flats. They're just not very versatile which us why I don't have then on a bass right now.

You might be able to get a MiA strat used in your area with 650 cash in hand
If not maybe a neat MiJ one

dude you fucking suck bad
you have no concept of tone, rhythm, or melody. nothing. literally no musical ability. it sounds like you farted into the mic. i cant believe you even bothered posting this.

New thread. Jumped in a few posts early to fix the Bass Method link.

Well I'm a beginner so that's to be expected. I just thought it was a cool little djenty riff, obviously it's not meant to be melodic, it's supposed to sound "raw" and "dissonant", as autistic as that sounds. As for the rhythm thing, I practice with drum tracks but I'm still not grabbing rhythm. Sorry I'm not a pro right off the bat like you dude, but whatever. I was seeking input and i got it.

>it sounds like you farted into the mic
I don't see you posting anything better?

dont listen to him user, better than what i could have done when i started out, just keep practicing daily

I love my Dano!

Yea that should be fine, depending on your area you could get a used one for 200-300$.

I see a power and standby switch so that's a tune head.

Friggin snatch that thing up

80's Japanese squier strat, worth $400?

Absolute garbage.

ouch

Hal Leonard Bass Method + Liebman's Bass Aerobics for technique

Youtube vids by scott and the old guy with the yamaha for fretboard mastery and improvisational skill

Backing tracks my quist for fun

How do I fix my sloppiness? Just practice? Here's a clip of me playing a 4 finger exercise faster than I can play it, to highlight my sloppiness. vocaroo.com/i/s1Pw55HDkMkO

Slow down to the tempo you can do that scale without any mistakes. Use a metronome and increase bpm by 5. Get that speed down perfect. Increase by 5 bpm again. Repeat.

If the problem is clean picking, work on chromatic drills in addition to the above. If the problem is fretting finger strength and accuracy, look up exercises that target that.

Btw, being able to slop your way through something means you can't play it (yet).

Theres no such thing as just practise, there are better and worse ways of practicing, don't let boring old men in guitar shops tell you its as simple as practice.

Find what works for you, for me playing it slower then faster and faster, then starting again when I get sloppy is the best way to learn.

Starting slow and staying in time, gradually increasing speed still clean and in time, then going back a step or two when you're getting sloppy again is a pretty universal technique.

basically I mean what the guy above me said

>Btw, being able to slop your way through something means you can't play it (yet).

I know, that's why I said

>faster than I can play it

Do you really want me to feel even worse about my playing than I already do?

meant for