So what the fuck happened to this guy?

So what the fuck happened to this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!JNdyjQ6R!M5isk-rOxnzSiNT2odDkbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the guys still on xl, the leak just hit him hard so he had to start all over again which has taken some time

miguel in a q&a said there is upcoming jai

i heard hes a step dad now

i love what ak's doing but a new jai track is paramount

he abandoned us

we never deserved him in the first place

the leaked demos are still one of the best albums of the decade, not exaggerating

>Arab wearing Chelsea shirt

>arab

lol, rayners lane isn't far from chelsea - my dad did the same when he lived in wembley

he pooed
in the loo

Jai Paul is a really special artist. If he was more productive he would easily be the greatest of the decade. I still believe he is anyway but it's hard to make the argument to non Jai fans when he has so little material.

He has that 2000s sensibility about him. So many 2010s artists have this cloying, cynical air about them, but Jai is just this wicked talented cool creative dude that bangs out RnB tunes from Nirvana like it's nothing. No bullshit aside from that.

AK's been fairly productive recently, just released a remix yesterday, but I feel his production style is very different to Jai, even if they work from the same sounds and synth pallettes sometimes.

I wish soundcloud struggle producers would stop imitating Jai too. Even artists like Nao lean heavily on the Jai brothers sound, but it's no where near as good. Doesn't have the same dimensions, or zest.

I hope he's still at XL. This Paul Institute thing is confusing. XL have been lacking a creative talisman since M.I.A. left them imo, lotta mediocre indie artists. Jai could really take up that mantle if he wants to.

(btw what is it with South Asian Londoners being absolutely GOAT creatives ie Jai and M.I.A.?)

>XL have been lacking a creative talisman since M.I.A. left them imo, lotta mediocre indie artists.

lol, my graphic design class had us design a poster for lapsley, some new xl signee. fucking AWFUL, unbearably boring.

that's exactly it mate. Maybe that Adele money has made them less alert to fresh and exciting talent.

sad woman vaguely electronic ballad singers are the superhero movies of the music industry

>Arab

cemented himself as a true innovator with that leak

It was a blessing and a curse. It has some of the most promising pop from this decade - it doesn't borrow from any current trends - he's just did it his way which was a breath of fresh air. But the leak has invariably stifled him, no way was that not his debut in the making. That is the only reason - in my mind - why we are still waiting for something and why XL aren't questioning why they aren't seeing any profit from their investment.

Mad respect to Richard Russell for sticking by Jai's side, giving him all this time to create, that is so rare these days.

good post user

>try turn friends onto Jai
>"can't even hear what he's saying"
>"is this distorted or something"
>"is it like this the whole way through or does it like change up or ..."
>that feel when you try to share something beautiful with other people and it's just completely lost on them
it's like a part of your soul withers at points like these bros

but I've still got love for my Jai senpai. the only people that participate in Jai discussions on the internet these days are the same ones who still replay that leak and still hold onto hope that we'll see some new Jai to this day. so it's normally pretty pleasurable business.

fuck, when the leak first dropped i was in, like, 10th grade i fink. i played btstu and everyone got crazy obsessed, every time we hung out we had some kind of speaker and someone played that song.

anyway that whole group got fucked up and i only talk to a few of them anymore. that song is too nostalgic for me now tho

Anyone got a link to the leaked album?

BTSTU is ok so I feel like checking it out.

everyone i've turned onto jai loved him, especially the leak

>feel good man

mega.nz/#F!JNdyjQ6R!M5isk-rOxnzSiNT2odDkbA

the archive is your friend

Was in London recently and I was on the verge of stopping off at Rayners Lane, solely because of the Jai Paul connection and on the slighest chance that I'd see his beautiful genius face there. didn't end up, because I was only there on limited time and I gather Rayners Lane is quite boring and not worth visiting. but maybe next time.

Richard Russell is keenly aware that he's in possession of a generational, enigmatic talent. Can't treat him like any other artist. I often wonder how Jai makes a living though, or how much XL gives him. His situation is unique, to say the least.

the only reason you're saying this is because he kept you on the feeding drip

if he released music like a normal person you wouldnt be saying this shit

one of the bredren

Shut up.

he was killed by the Hilary Clinton campaign.

isnt he saying "bejest" like best, one of the bestest

>XL have been lacking a creative talisman since M.I.A. left them imo, lotta mediocre indie artists.

literally everyone's imitating fka twigs

Chelshit lost the match against arsenal and he probably killed himself

FKA Twigs is nowhere near Jai Paul/M.I.A. level.

And Twigs is imitating herself at this point. Still playing around with Arca's sound circa a few years. He's moved on. She should try.

na it is brethren, used a lot in the uk - means brother or close friend

>nothing happened: the post