More like this holy fucking shit

More like this holy fucking shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lnNf_ZMKHeg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's one of a kind. There is nothing else like it sadly

I mean the closest you'll probably find is Dälek's "From The Filthy Tongue of Gods and Griots" or that one collaboration album they did with Faust.

But other than that, there's pretty much nothing like it at the moment. Most rappers don't really fuck with post-punk, if you haven't noticed.

his mix is still shit tho. feels like his voice is floating around my ears when it should be in the middle,

Haha, very funny. Pretending to like a bad album, hahaha! What a hoot!

And you'll probably respond with
>pretending
to further the joke, I am wet with anticipation. hmmmmmmm.

There is nothing I can do to avoid it, because you'll likely respond with
>joke
now, such amusement, so jolly I am.

>I know how this should sound better than the artist does

Shut up, do some coke

Yeezus

not at all

Make more threads about it, please. Dont quite have enough yet.

K

Mixing can be discussed, you know. Ain't It Funny is a case of questionable mixing.

Listen to cloudead it's what this wishes it was

it's been out less than a week
enjoy it in full why asking to something similar

The Brotherhood of the Bomb

It's completely unique, there's literally nothing like it.

I mean I guess you could listen to DOOM, he's in kinda the same genre of surrealism. But if you're looking for Danny's energy then lol good luck.

link?

XXX

Talking Heads - Remain In Light

OKAY, so it's ALMOST perfect

would be a 10/10 with these 2 changes:

1. Take out "Rolling Stone" from the track listing. It doesn't add to the cohesiveness and feeling of this album. It's tame and well produced, but doesn't continually progress or keep my on my toes like many of the other songs on AE. Plus he's already tackled these song topics on "Die Like A Rockstar", which is also placed similarly within it's respective album.

2. Change the chorus of "Today"
It kills the momentum of the song and I really love the verses (both lyrically and Production-wise), but quite frankly the chorus sounds obnoxious and like it doesn't belong

Literally my only complaints about the record. The rest is Perfect.

9.5/10

Just listen to post-punk

In case you haven't listened to XXX yet, it's like this but much better.

Agreed with rolling stone. It would have been a nice non-album single or something but it's too tame to really add anything

>Just listen to post-punk
this this this. anyone ITT if you haven't explored post-punk in depth yet stop sleeping on it - it's very worth.

I haven't really thought about that yet

If normie Hip-Hop heads think "wow i like this crazy Danny Brown guy, Anybody like him?", it's the perfect entry way for Post-punk.

Also, could this possibly... be... the first Post-Hip Hop Album?

dbrown himself called it prog hop but yeah it's more like post-hip hop

NotM is another candidate for proto-post-hip-hop, however the fuck it sounds like.

Kind of Agree on NOTM, but it depends on how the genre changes from here on out.

I think Death Grips are kind of their own genre desu. They don't belong in "Hip-Hop, Electronic, or Experimental" individually,, but with a combination of these sounds you get, well...Death Grips. And as of right now there is nothing else that sounds like them so there isn't a genre-label on them at the moment that really fits their aesthetic

NotM is like an evolution on what The Last Poets did for hip hop

i feel like the only one who doesn't think aint it funny is a very good track

>rapping to edm beats is innovation

GUYS

Please calm down, if you want more albums like this listen to Grime instead of Rap

PLEASE CALM DOWN

LIL B DID THIS 7 YEARS AGO AND NONE OF YOU FLIPPED OUT

recs?

Lil B did not do this

Yes he did

Maybe not exactly the same as Danny Brown, but similarly

joy division
pere ubu
the pop group
rema rema
gang of four

This is nothing like dalek lmao

No, I'm Thraxx is not in any way comparable to AE. I think you should go back, listen to it a few more times and think about your mistakes.

It is definitely comparable

>edm beats
Did you even listen to the album? There are no beats on this that sound anything like edm beats.

everything sounds better on coke you nitwit

DUDE I SMOKE SO MUCH WEED

I FUCKED THIS BITCH WITH MY DICK

I TAKE MOLLY A LOT

XXDDDDDDDD

Did you listen to the album?
One of the tracks getting the most praise is literally an EDM beat kind of like Spark Master Tape's Run Em Dry

You guys are acting like Kid Cudi doesn't exist

The only traxxs I would say are comparable on I'm Thraxx are The Bible and MAYBE Chasing the Rain, in the sense that they sort of resemble parts of Hell For It. Otherwise, I'd like to hear what parts you think are so analogous, because they are incredibly different to me

maybe Victory 2010 for the guitar line but I'm stretching it for you

>hurr durr nothing sounds like this

that's a good thing since this is fucking garbage. danny ran out of ideas so he obscured the same lyrics hes been spitting his whole career with poorly mixed and produced 'experimental' beats. this sounds like a really fucking shitty bottomless pit by death grips

This sounds nothing like Dälek

>It's bottomless pit

why don't you reddit-tier retards get that this is the ultimate way of outing yourself? They clearly do not sound alike, you are only exposing the fact that your field of musical knowledge is extremely limited.

> "'experimental'"

Kysf

Are you talking about Ain't It Funny? How is that edm? It barely has any electronic elements.

>he doesn't know what he's talking about

jeez, people that don't like this album are exposing themselves left and right

Like I said, I don't mean they sound the same exact same, I'm saying they're similar

I say similar because they both brought experimental elements/different sounding hip hop to the general public, like I Am The Ocean, Get Racks, Im Heem, RIP Swag, Robbin For Crack, Im on my grind, Rawest Rapper Alive, etc

Lil B and Danny Brown can both rap their asses off, although Lil B only takes it seriously when he wants to

They're both unique albums with a unique sound that only they themselves can pull off

Also props for actually having listened to Im Thraxx

Haven't heard this, would you say this is a:
Jazz rap album
Experimental hip hop
Krautrock/Hip Hop mixture
Something different

OH MY GOD IT'S SO EXPERIMENTAL AND WACKY TRULY DANNY BROWN IS THE DEFINING ARTIST OF OUR GENERATION WHAT A GENIUS

you tards are so easily manipulated, wrap up mediocre memerap in "experimental" packaging and you children eat it up.

"Experimental" doesn't even fucking mean anything anymore because you faggots and p4k apply the tag to literally everything that isn't radio pop. Go fuck yourselves. The real genius of rap is probably struggling in obscurity because you faggots can't identify quality if it slapped your bitch in the ass.

Also very similar topics about "da hood" and drugs, etc

you do know that no one will take you seriously if you use the term memerap right

I'd personally hesitate to call it experimental but it's really eclectic for a hip-hop album. Maybe abstract hip-hop but his lyrics are pretty straight forward so idk.

it's more postpunk/hiphop if anything

If anything it's closest to the third choice

triggered idiot with little to no musical knowledge outs himself as a pussy, part 39,585,305

but he's right

It's a failed experimental rap album. It's not easy to be avant garde and succeed, so props to Danny for trying, but its experimentation is extremely shallow

Its like a Post Punk/Hip Hop mixture

replace 'memerap' with 'trendy internet whiteboy rap' then you autist

>triggered idiot with little to no musical knowledge outs himself as a pussy, part 39,585,305
>listens to flavor-of-the-month regurgitated bullshit
>tells others that they have no musical knowledge

>It's not easy to be avant garde and succeed

I've read/listened to every bit of press that Danny did for this album, and not once did he say the goal was to try and be avant garde. He wanted to make something that sounded "fun and urgent" and rewards multiple listens.

>AE is flavor of the month or regurgitated

I guarantee you can't name 5 albums like it from this year, or even the past 5 years.

Well jesus christ this album is an even bigger failure for him

Danny Brown is not avant-garde. His music is slightly dark-sounding hip hop. He's not shocking anyone, he's not fucking with our idea of who he is as an artist. He's just making pop-rap with >muh post-punk samples, as is the trend right now, and you fags think that he's clever for it.

Not really. He's not really saying anything or providing any concrete arguments, just saying it's not experimental doesn't mean anything. Why is it not experimental? Since it's not experimental, can you provide some other albums that did this before Danny? Etc.

Come on I'm a fan of Danny but he's the biggest try-hard ever. He's like if a Cred Forumstant started making rap.

lol

Absence is great as well, but neither are very similar to AE

>as is the trend right now
Oh do feel free to come up with some examples to strengthen your argument, which otherwise means absolutely nothing.

kek, kill yourself drone.

>inb4 the inevitable "give me a single album that sounds exactly like AE"
Are are standards really so low that anything that isn't a complete shameless ripoff of another artist is considered groundbreaking and experimental?

In what way? I've been playing this and the singles at get togethers since it dropped and its great fun

>pop-rap with >muh post-punk samples
again, name 5 songs that this describes that could be called "trendy"

It literally sounds like every other meme rap album in existence.

What the fuck is wrong with hip hop fans? Tone deaf assholes.

>omg it sounds so unique

you guys are getting hung up on this. sounding unqiue doesn't make a good album- it's a prerequisite for it. not every new album that doesn't sound like the last X number of uncreative regurgitated coprorate bullshit projects is a good one. innovation is necessary, but it doesn't automatically make a project worth listening to. oblivion access by lil ugly mane was unique as fuck and it still sucked major donkey balls

and who gives a fuck about the sound when the lyrics are already chartered territory? XXX was the same goddamn album done much better

you ok man?

>post-punk revival
>renewed interest in post-punk on Cred Forums
>psychedelic music popular among undergrad indie hipster millennials
>Death Grips, dalek, Company Flow, all abstract rap preceding it
So obviously Danny mixes the interest in hip-hop, "trippy" music, and post-punk to make albums that are guarenteed to appeal to p4k and their reader base.
>again, name 5 songs that this describes that could be called "trendy"
See above
It doesn't need to be absolutely everywhere to be pop. Every song on AE is hooky and poppy.

I'm only holding you to the argument you attempted to make. That you cannot even respond to your own claims shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Responding with meme bait doesn't help obscure that this is pure reactionary backlash

Did you read the second sentence I posted? Read it again, THERE is my point.

WTF?

lol "it's all a marketing conspiracy!!!!"

I talked to the guy, it's no gimmick. But whatever. Again, you make a claim and then immediately walk it back because you know you're spouting off bullshit. There is no post-punk "trend" in rap now, and if there was any evidence to the contrary you would've presented it

> groundbreaking and experimental

The album is great / very enjoyable, not groundbreaking or experimental.

>lol "it's all a marketing conspiracy!!!!"
What? Are you mentally retarded? I'm saying that Danny is making trendy music that is sure to appeal to the p4k white boy indie middle-market, consciously or not. But call me a conspiracy theorist and you don't have to deal with the fact.

>There is no post-punk "trend" in rap now, and if there was any evidence to the contrary you would've presented it
No, there is a post-punk trend in indie. Danny is making rap for the indie audience, so therefore he'd sample post-punk to prove that his music is so "daring" when it's really just crowd-pleasing to beginner music listeners.
And please don't use the "m-muh evidence muh statistics" meme. It makes you sound like a redditor.
This is an acceptable opinion.

It's a copy pasta

What's the cover supposed to emulate? Looks like a black metal or Type O neg album

This. And Closer by Joy Division. These two albums sound incredible after listening to Danny Brown

On Ain't It Funny now,
holy fucking shit this is insane.

HHAOTY

I think Earl's most recent stuff (Solace and Don't like Shit) could be considered proto-post-hip-hop too.

> we're witnessing the birth of post-hip-hop
feelsgreatman

How did oblivion access suck? It's like a 8.5/10.

>thinks that don't like shit was good

It sounds absolutely nothing like post punk holy shit

This sounds nothing like Kid Cudi...the only similarities are some of the subject matter of isolation, depression, mental illness, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=lnNf_ZMKHeg

sounds A LOT like downward spiral

What's so unique about it? It doesn't sound that different than other hip hop stuff. What makes it special?

only children or normies get super pumped or emotional about anything. you sire, as you're on Cred Forums, are a child.

kept a preconceived notion through the whole album prolly

I liked this album a lot I think it's sad the culture of Cred Forums will probably ruin this for a lot of people

I think Grief is Drone Rap if there is sucha genre imo

There is now a thread discussing whether or not AE is Post Hip-Hop, in case y'all are looking for some fresh dialogue

Link?

As much as I love that song, I gotta agree with you. Most people I talk to can care less about that sort of thing tho but I'd be lying if I said it couldn't be better.

Does anyone talked about how fucking dark the lyrics of this are?
I mean, the first track alone is enough for me to feel worried for Danny's mental health.

WHAT THE FUCK, ON AIN'T IT FUNNY, THIS SHIT IS SO GOOD.

This

Lol stop embarrassing yourself wow

You don't think its just possible that Danny (as a mid-30s post-punk fan who does hella drugs) made an album naturally combining his influences without pandering to what's popular? Have you even heard XXX? Its the same concept but AE isn't as rooted in hip-hop tradition...

Is Earl coming out with anything new anytime soon?

CUT THE LOOSE ENDS
NO NEW FRIENDS
SO IM ALWAYS LONELY

post-hop

>BITCH YOU KNOW MY RANK
>I'M HIGH