Try again.

he said personal

clearly OP is the (one and) only person in this board who thinks so

>Personal 10/10s
>Personal

Try again.

Seahaven- Winter Forever

ez 10/10 for me

Once you get into one of these groups, they're only a couple ways you can get out.

Shit taste but at least your honest

That's widely regarded as an excellent album

>Shit taste

Read: different from yours

And that's perfectly understandable.

Facebook is the other way

Wow! Nice one! I haven't heard something like that in at LEAST five hours!

wrong album friend
Understandable of course
It's still shit though

Yes, yes, 100%. Favorite DG album, followed by EM and BP.

It's amazing,but not my favorite style. I like it even more dark honestly.

all 10/10s are personal lol.

unless someone wants to attempt to present me with a convincing case for the objective standard of taste

Truth

Taste in music is subjective, but the quality of music is objective.

For example, let's compare Justin Bieber to Miles Davis. Yes, I know Justin Bieber is an easy target, but I need to keep it as broad as possible so even the biggest of plebs can understand. Now, Justin Bieber is a corporately manufactured artist used to sell image to teenage girls. His music lacks substance and aesthetic, and he is based more on selling image than anything. The only time you hear people talk about Justin Bieber is when they are talking about his haircut or girlfriend. Never his new single or album and the direction he is taking as an artist. Miles Davis, on the other hand, actually put effort into making music, thus giving it substance and aesthetic. Few people talk about Miles Davis' image, and discussion of him is always about what album you like best, if you prefer his "cool" work or his "electric" period work, which lineup of his band you like best, etc.

Now, let's further expand on this by talking about fans, and compare a 13 year old girl with virtually no knowledge of music to an adult man with an actual knowledge in and interest in music. Obviously, the 13 year old girl isn't going to like Miles Davis very much so she will like Justin Bieber better, whereas the adult man will (most likely) prefer Miles Davis. And given the situation, the adult man has a greater basis for judging the quality of music, even though Bieber's music does more for the 13 year old girl than Miles does. Simply: The man has good taste but the girl has bad taste, objectively. Even though the taste in music is subjective, that taste is objectively good taste or bad taste. Taste and perception doesn't change objective quality.

tl;dr saying "music is subjective" or using the word "opinion" as a sole argument to justify shitty taste in any given scenario is just another way of saying "i'm a fucking pleb and I have shit taste".

lol didnt read xd

Bitte Orca is an album that I think has 0 flaws and I wouldn't change anything about it, but at the same time I hesitate to call it a 10. It's a light 10 I guess.

this is post is correct but it's a bait thread so it's wasted

I don't have scores for my liking of something and when I give an arbitrary score to anything it's from an objective standpoint where my own preferences are put to the side.

But my favourite album is probably Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate or Long Season by Fishmans.

To be fair, in a post-modern sense, an argument can be made for Bieber being superb in that he acts as a commentary of contemporary consumerism in music. But that's only when you force it on, since there's no way that was never consciously part of the development of his produce.
In so many years he may be celebrated in that sense, though, in the same way Van Gogh was celebrated for so long despite him just being a nutjob who did paintings.

GOAT summer album

>personal 10/10s
>replies to someone "wrong album friend"
are you completely fucking retarded? yeah you're completely fucking retarded.

Good choice

A "personal 10" is an album you would score lower than a 10 if you were being "objective" but are tantamount to a 10 because you have a special connection to them...

That makes sense to me, anyway. Most of my "personal 10s" are basically just albums I have a soft spot for because I listened to them so much when I was young, like pic related

10/10 and underrated

That's a 9/10 because Ripples is boring as fuck

It's the perfect album

>Ripples
>bad

PRETTY FUCKING GOOD

YES MOMMA LIKES IT TOO

BEST ALBUM DG YEEEEES

But you're still subjectively determining a standard of quality, regardless of the knowledge needed to produce the product.

Maybe they're trying to tell you something

Yeah, that apparently I'm not a shitty enough person to be here?

Geez man

2/10
8/10
6/10
5/10
6/10
7.5/10
All opinions about music are inherently personal, so yes.
6.5/10
So close to a 10. 9.5 because Teenagers doesn't fit the otherwise really cohesive concept at all
8/10
7.5/10
8/10
7/10

Still need to listen to this
7/10, Mt Eerie's a 9.5 tho
9/10

>It's either real or it's a dream
>There's nothing that is in between
>TWIIIIIILIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

But only the deluxe edition. "Drown Next to Me" pushes it into 10/10.

You're literally basing your taste in music around what the general public or said music's fanbase says about it.

Your whole argument is debunked if you knew anyone taking either a theoretical or practical music course. Everyone I know who takes music tech at my university has absolute trite taste in music, but ultimately they know a lot more than me about the production and the formulation of music. I take film and my classes are filled with people who have equatable taste to any shithead off Cred Forums. Having practical or formal education in an artform does not necessarily refine ones taste in said artform or grant them "objective taste".

>tl;dr saying "music is subjective" or using the word "opinion" as a sole argument to justify shitty taste in any given scenario is just another way of saying "i'm a fucking pleb and I have shit taste".
is entirely correct tho, anyone who uses the inherent subjectivity of existence as a defence for shit taste clearly doesn't belong on a music discussion board.

Much better than Through Silver in Blood.

6.5/10. It has a very interesting sound that is clearly influenced by a lot of different stuff, but the blend just feels incohesive and angular in not the best way. Still a good album
Phew. 4/10
I wholeheartedly disagree, but that album is an 8/10. What'd you think of Fires Within Fires?

fuck you and fuck me

I didn't listen to that yet. I will listen to that this weekend. So excited.

>trip
No one cares.

Seriously, you are in for a treat. Just turn out all the lights, close your eyes and just let the imagery take you away. If you catch me in another thread afterward, let me know how you like it!
Judge another man not by what he enters in the name field, but by the content of his character. You have every right to hate me but that's the worst reason you can have. You're better than that, son!

fucking amazing album sounds like some kind of punk elvis singing over bastard math

>Phew. 4/10
Ouch. Any recommended alternative?

shit taste doesnt need a defense anyways
there is literally nothing wrong with having shit taste

(neither is there any purpose to good taste)

hell ya man, with angular no-wave inspired rhythms ground in there for added effect. It's such a raw angry record. I love every second of it.
haha I didn't mean it like a criticism or attack on your taste, but for me personally I don't care for that album at all. You mean like towards that pop-punky pop-rocky vein? pic related might be of service to you. I can dig up some more from my archives, gimme a sec

EVERYTHING CONSIDERED 10/10 IS PERSONAL

THIS THREAD IS PUUUURRREEE STUPIDITY

EVERY ALBUM I CONSIDER A 10/10 IS A PERSONAL 10/10, AND SO DOES EVRYONE ELSE

YOU ALL NEED SOME KNOWLEDGE

Maybe something with the synthy, 80s-ish vibe a lot of the songs on Kids in the Street had.

6.5/10
8.5/10. I'm like the only person ever to prefer Relapse. MMLP obviously being his best
7.5/10
About to throw this on right now actually
Thanks for the clarity jackass. We sort of covered that already

Bon Iver guy here, I might only like it because I love Bon Iver but it's different than his other releases

This is boring as fuck, but the cover is great

Every body here has shit personal taste.

>hell ya man, with angular no-wave inspired rhythms ground in there for added effect. It's such a raw angry record. I love every second of it.

Have you listened to their other stuff? I really like Canada songs too but the change in vocals style in the records after added a really bizarre and awesome edge to it

>Bon Iver guy here, I might only like it because I love Bon Iver but it's different than his other release

I wasn't a fan of any of the other Bon Iver stuff but I'm enjoying this new record. The backlash against it on this board is crazy

Holy shit that is an incredible cover

Everyone on this board likes it

I'm surprised Bright Eyes isn't discussed more on Cred Forums.

The Metamorphosis Project

hmm, I actually don't remember there being much 80's influence on that album.. I remember it as being pretty typical poppy radio rock. Could you give me some over outlining qualities? From what I remember, My Chemical Romance and Rise Against are coming to mind, Rise Against especially as a draw from the opener on that album Someday's Gone, easily my favorite song on it.
I've heard their whole discography more times than I could count. I was a big grindcore fan before I even found them so they struck a chord with me instantly. Ya I think Hell Songs was a huge move in their discography, to the cleaner production and more coherent songwriting. Ya they completely flip the switch from self-titled EP and Canada to Hell. I listened to their discog in succession and was blown away by the polarizing step they made, for the better in my opinion.
5.5/10
0/10
6/10

Goat

>I've heard their whole discography more times than I could count. I was a big grindcore fan before I even found them so they struck a chord with me instantly. Ya I think Hell Songs was a huge move in their discography, to the cleaner production and more coherent songwriting. Ya they completely flip the switch from self-titled EP and Canada to Hell. I listened to their discog in succession and was blown away by the polarizing step they made, for the better in my opinion.

Pretty much the same thing that happened with me. I love every second of it they're one of my go to bands when I can't think of anything to listen to. I've listened to just about every band that has any musical similarity to them but none of them are on the same level. As The Sun Sets are pretty cool though

tyler the creator is overrated as fuck lil b is better

Thanks for giving my album the highest score in that post, friend.

This album right here

Viva la Vida is the only album from Coldplay that I can tolerate, and it's fucking outstanding

This on the other hand is shit

ya, I'm about 30 seconds in and can very easily tell haha. I kinda like it. This sound fits his vocals really well. I liked Emma but honestly couldn't get into Bon Iver, so I'm hoping I dig this
6.5/10

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning gets posted here fairly frequently
7.5/10. Underrated as hell honestly
Do you know about the whole dispute they had where some band members didn't like the direction they were going with the self-titled. One of them even said it was like selling out or something, which I couldn't disagree more with, and it had a lot to do with the band dissolving. I'd pay them a fairly high amount of money to get back together for another album.
9/10
7/10
couldn't disagree more. Lil B has the personality of a 2x4 plank of wood
6/10. Only Coldplay album I have at over a 3

I don't know how you could consider AROBTTH shit. I mean, I like Viva just as much as the next guy but AROBTTH is melancholy melodic depression that feels wide open and endless. I have not found a single album like it.

>0/10
kys fantano dickrider

>melancholy melodic depression
This had and has been done better probably a couple hundred times

Very nice. See you later dude.

Give me some albums then.
Because I think AROBTTH does it the best.

I'll be perfectly honestm, I liked AROBTTH too, but if we're playing that game things can get ugly pretty quickly(pic related)
I rated and reviewed it before I knew that video even existed

I was thinking more along the lines of stuff like the title track, Heartbeat Slowing Down, Bleed Into Your Mind, and Affection.

>implying personality has anything to do with music

Lil B is superior in every way compared to tyler, Lil B has better hits, lyrics and melody and I could mention way more.

Tyler is just overrated and gimicky like hopsin without some of the cornyness, and don't forget how garbage cherry bomb was.

Space Museum by Solid Space

OK Computer
Power, Corruption & Lies
Nebraska
Pet Sounds
Low
Disintegration especially

Slouvaki is a 10/10 for me too. Pretty funny.

wow you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

If I had to take a single album to explain to some alien race what music is and how it makes humans feel, it would be this

>
>7.5/10. Underrated as hell honestly
>
>9/10
>
>7/10
>
>0/10

worst trip

these too

>OK Computer
10/10
>Power, Corruption, Lies
7/10
>Nebraska
9/10
>Pet Sounds
eh more bittersweet, but 9/10
>The cure

I need to listen to it desu

are you a masochist or something?

>>implying personality has anything to do with music

the fuck? Hell yeah it does. I can't tell if your joking

>better hits
subjective. If you feel that way power to you but I don't
>better lyrics
not even at all.
>melody
I don't even know what you mean by that. His flow? The producers he gets?

I don't remember artists at the depths of their discography but rather the heights. It's a better evaluation. Lil B's best is God's Father, and I find Bastard to be a far more substantial and enjoyable album than that. Of course this all boils down to subjective taste, but I feel that Lil B is much less entertaining and much less talented, and for the record his flow is dog shit, which just makes it that much more difficult since most of what he does is comfy cloudy hip hop, and he just ruins it with bad flow some of the time
That's because you have a brain in your head lol. That's such a good album. Anyway, I like that coldplay album but there's about a hundred more I could name before getting to AROB under those classifiers
opinions are best served hot
9.5/10
8/10
what are your opinions on those? At least give your input so you don't just look like a shitposting clown
You haven't heard Disintegration? I'm shocked

This one's an EP, but it's my favorite EP so fuck it

Yup.

>OK Computer
Yup.

>he hasn't listened to Disintegration
Holy fucking shit dude get on that

That's like one tier below ITCOCK and Loveless as far as objectively good goes on Cred Forums

Try Motion City Sountrack's album Even If It Kills Me. It's a little more synthy and rock-inspired, similar to the Rejects with that same pop punk background

CLEARLY THE SUPERIOR ALBUM COMING THROUGH

same

you're gonna hate me for this, but 4/10. I really don't care for most of it other than I'm Not Okay being a great song. I much much much prefer the masterful Black Parade
6.5/10
hmm, never heard this. What's it like?

>6.5/10
You're gay.

Well, for that Bon Iver album I just finished my second listen. Idk man, I can say that the vocals mixed way better with that sound than they do on his acoustic stuff, but some of the mixing was confusing and horribly executed. I'm also not really sure what his ambitions were with this project, but I come away pretty unsatisfied honestly. It sounded like he was trying to be so artsy, but using a lot of the same synths and keys for multiple songs, and putting tons of effects where they really just weren't necessary. I enjoyed the dreaminess of it, but nothing really made a solid effort to move my attention much. 5.5/10 for now, I'll definitely give it another listen.

anyone have some thoughts on the album they want to share with me?
that's a decently good score for me. I'd give American Beauty an 8

Hard Rock + Blues with clever lyricism.

ye, same

7/10
6/10
8/10
6/10
9/10
10/10

Thanks, I'll check it out as soon as I get home.

interesting, I'll check it out.
7.5/10, 200x better than Filosofem
sure man let me know how you like it. If you catch me in another thread don't hesitate to ask for different recs. I love doing it
3.5/10

>Not picking Robot Hive Exodus

bumperino

>
now THAT is how to bump a thread

damn dude I absolutely cannot understand where you're coming from. I love Three Cheers because it manages to be catchy and fun but really dark at the same time, with just the right amount of teen edginess. I feel like Black Parade has all of those attributes, but it just takes them to such theatrical extremes so intermittently that they don't work together at all. Like you'll have a super over-the-top, bright, happy-sounding song like Dead immediately followed by the fucking unbelievable edginess of This Is How I Disappear. It just doesn't flow very well. A lot of the songs on Black Parade (The End, Dead, The Sharpest Lives, House of Wolves, Mama, Teenagers) are individually all really good songs, they just musically don't work very well together and they're surrounded by so many songs that are either totally forgettable or just so fucking over-the-top poppy and theatrical that they're fucking hard to listen to. Black Parade is probably a 4/10 for me, but you do you man.

Pedophilia is wrong

I love the first album , then it kind of falls apart a bit imo

correct

I mean Black Parade is a rock opera concept album. By initial conception, it's supposed to be an overly theatrical roller coaster outlining the scrambled array of emotions someone staring face to face with death can have. The entire album(except for the unfortunate Teenagers) represents different aspects and reflections of the main character, a man diagnosed with terminal cancer. Songs like the disturbing Mama reflect his strong regrets and the mistakes he's made over the years, Dead! represents the initial shock of being told the news, and I see it as this kind of thing where you know how you get so upset and frustrated with a situation you can't control, and you weirdly start laughing and spouting dark jokes? I think it's exactly that that the song exhibits. I could really write a persuasive essay on each and every song except for teenagers about how they contribute to the album in concept and are amazing songs as standalone songs as well.

I just think it's a better executed album, both in the writing and composition. The arrangements are well-placed, the dynamic interplay of the high-octane tracks and sullen ballads is phenomenal, and Gerard's vocal goes from whiny and one-dimensional on TCFSR to a much more passionate and complex tone on TBP.
definitely a 10/10. One of my favorite post-hardcore albums. Good pick man

hell yeah
nah
not really
I can see that

Hell yeah, boi

I can also get behind

I can respect that analysis. Personally I'm just not a big fan of concept albums in general and a lot of the music on Black Parade is lost on me. It's like it's somehow simultaneously 2deep4me and way too fucking poppy and not deep enough. Three Cheers on the other hand is just a loose-ish collection of a bunch of fucking solid songs that are subtly produced and flow really well together.

What are your opinions of Danger Days and I Brought You My Bullets? I feel like Danger Days is just everything I don't like about Black Parade but fucking multiplied by a million while I Brought You My Bullets sounds to me like how you described Three Cheers, SUPER boring and one-dimensional. It's like they had this progression where they started simple and progressively got more and more theatrical, with the sweet spot between the two styles at either Three Cheers or Black Parade depending on your preference.

I like their aesthetic. As a bass player all of their music is fun to perform and somewhat challenging.

Are you unironically discussing the conceptual merits of MCR albums? What are we, depressed suburban teenagers circa 2008? Fuck you and fuck this board, I'm leaving.

yes and yes
have fun

nice choice user
seahaven are from my town and went to school five minutes from my place
personally i think ghost is their best sonically, and i had qualms with WF but overall still decent

I saw Ought at the Georgia Theatre last month and they put on a fucking hell of a show man. Only 2 albums deep and they've already become one of my favorite post punk acts.

Also 9.5/10. I love that album. Obstacle is chilling
Danger and Bullets are both trash. My girlfriend and I both definitely agree with your analysis of their discography. Bullets was Three Cheers but terrible, and Black Parade was the theatrics taken to a good extreme, then Danger went too far and was worse off for it. But yeah I respect that you prefer 3 Cheers, it's just not as much my speed.
You're embarrassing yourself lol
7.5/10
10/10 one of my favorite albums

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but this has just stuck with me ever since it came out

His best album imo

this is the best hardcore album since Jane Doe
wearedangers.bandcamp.com/album/messy-isnt-it

3/10
8.5/10
6/10
7/10
7/10
8/10
8.5/10
10/10
6/10
9/10
6.5/10
5.5/10
6/10
7/10
4.5/10
10/10
6.5/10
10/10
9/10
8.5/10
7/10
7/10
9.5/10
8/10
8.5/10
7/10

>Few people talk about Miles Davis' image

You're talking about a man who was literally called the cool, because everyone agreed he was fucking cool. Get your shit straw man arguments out of here and go learn your jazz history better.

Don't r8

>>>/reddit/

All this text just to explain why you have the right to shit on other people taste. get a life

I love this album

6/10
10/10
absolute 10/10
7.5/10
6.5/10
7/10
6/10
youfuckingwhat/10

Objectively lazy music. But I'd give it a 10 too.

i dont think this ever got praised by Cred Forums

OH MY MOMMAMAMAMA MY MOTHER!

tenouttaten

so many replies in the thread but this () and pic related are the only 10/10s

don't know why
I just love listening through it

This.

pretty much the album that got me into metal in general, to this day it's my own personal 10/10, the riffs and some of the technicality on this album gets me every time

>inb4 "fuck djent"
>inb4 "periphery is queer metal"

pic related is 11/10

terrible taste

essential shut the fuck up-core

Ain't I Right ;)

9.5/10, Holy fuck dude yes. This album is so good and I never see it posted here
10/10 glad to see a fellow fan. FJM is fantastic live too
7.5/10
10/10
9/10
8/10
6/10
9.5/10
3.5/10
8/10
6/10
9/10
8/10

Thanks, just got into it literally a couple of days ago thanks to another user. Ever since I have been playing the entire album non-stop

these

also pic related

My man. Thought I was the only fan of this album on Cred Forums

don't you dare disagree

Dead serious, not memeing.

Also Lupe Fiasco - Lasers

his WDU and Ramshackle work is better desu
very close, 9/10

pic related

Why'd he go with such a shitty cover though. Is it supposed to be ironic?

it's very emo

I honestly don't fucking know. I think he's trying to go for a 90s Houston rap aesthetic like this? But it still looks ironic af.

Hard for me to pick just one. Some others would be:
Black Moth Super Rainbow - Dandelion Gum
Tobacco - Fucked up Friends
Earl Sweatshirt - Earl
Kanye West - College Dropout
A$ap Rocky - Live. Love. A$ap.

very underrated album I only see it mentioned once in a blue moon around here. It's a shame, because it's so fucking good.

That album and Into the Flood are pretty poppin' fresh.

Was happy to see this here.

Goat album no question

I don't give a shit about Fantano saying it's bad, I say it's bad. It sucks. It's boring. And if it's ironic, just remember shit is still shit.

>Earls worst project
nice meme kiddo

I like bro. It had a good set of songs(earl, epaR, moonlight.)

I love this album honestly

this

9.5/10
7/10
7.5/10
8/10
8.5/10
7/10
7.5/10
8/10
8.5/10
6.5/10
7/10
8/10
6.5/10
9/10
bromst is better but
8/10
10/10
7.5/10
8/10
7/10
7.5/10
6/10 so far
10/10 good choice
10/10
7.5/10
looks interesting i'll have to check it out

tbqh

HELLO, BROTHER! I'm sorry I replied late but god damn, finally! Someone else likes good ol Billy.

This album doesn't get nearly enough credit.

>personal 10/10's (pic related)
>personal
>some faggots enforcing opinions on other people's favourite albums
baha

Frank Ocean - Blonde

you guys are in the wrong thread

I don't see this album talked about very much

dont tell me what to do.

Don't bother replying. I don't care if you like it or not.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about this album. This song used to make me cry back in the day. Still gives me goosebumps.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPpRJoYISSQ

you definitely gotta listen to this before you die.

truly gr8 trak

7/10
9/10
10/10 good taste
8/10
9/10 based
7/10
2/10
8/10
8/10
8/10
10/10 meme or not
8/10
9/10
5/10
9/10
7/10

You guys are ruining the point of this thread...

this one here to be quite tbqh

solid choice. Without You is one of my favorite tracks of all time.

3/10

I love this thread, it shows how diverse this board can be.

PTCEP is my favorite album, def a 10/10 in my book too
agreed but it's also just a good album, no personal feelings required
i see this one fairly often in threads, i'd say a lot of people agree on its quality

This album is so boring imo, though the title track is 10/10

I agree, maybe it's one of those albums where it's boring but it's considered good because of how influential it is

10/10 Patrician