DUDE AUTOTUNE LMAO
DUDE GLITCHY IRONIC SAMPLES LMAO
DUDE A TEAM LMAO
Du|)3 pr3t((nT|0U5 T1t|es 1M40

u ok

DUDE 4UCK O44 LM^O

what's the point of this

2 or 3 of those gimmicks are really good gimmicks

haha I don't like this album better post exclusively in memes so people understand

i am actually a big fan of this album

just thought i could meme for some upvotes haha.

No gimmick is a good gimmick. Gimmicks are used for when artists can't carry out a whole record by themselves with just good music, so they revert to gimmicks to help. So if you like gimmicks, you're like an animal being led to a destination with bits of food while never getting a whole meal.

gimmicks are just what we call stylistic choices we think are inauthentic

and authenticity is a dull concept

I am going to take a minute and defend and hate on him for this album.

It works, its good, I gave it a 4/5 after bashing it.

Bon iver is the artist of white girls and he changed that up

Literally Age of Adz Junior Edition

>authenticity is a dull concept

Explain

blown out

enjoy your vanilla folk you boring fuck

>IRONIC SAMPLES

he's not being ironic you mongoloid

if its true and meaningful to you to your core is it pretentious?

>upvotes
kek

Seems a bit pretentious to me.

In my understanding, musicians at the bottom of it are just humans. By your definition all samples, riffs, runs or similar vocal melodies should be considered gimmicks and considered trash. Artists are influenced by what they've consumed, just like the rest of us.

If an artist is purposefully defrauding their audience with soulless garbage, they should be held accountable, but Bon Iver doesn't do that. I don't even think he's capable of it, it's apparent he loves making art and respects his audience.

I would hate to feel that way and live that life. I can't imagine listening to music that once moved me to feels, but now discard it because I'm worried about what someone else thinks. I still constantly blast music I listened to in high school, and I still give no fucks if people think I'm embarrassing.

To me personally, music is music and if you like it listen to it, if you don't, don't. It's your life. If that's pretentious, I guess I'm a douche.

gr8 metaphor m8

holy shit i like justin's vocals the way they are, why does he think auto-tuning is such a fucking good idea

back to classical if you want absolute music, pop music is a multi-media experience, has been for more than 60 years, thats just how it's marketed. with video, artwork, text, fashion, attached to people that stand in for a certain self-image that are all channels worth fucking with if you chose to create in that tradition

Just speculation, but it's not all that uncommon for an artist to not be comfortable singing out of their normal range or having difficulty with a particular section. Could also be he just felt it added something to the composition and he wanted to broaden it. Or you know, maybe he's just super into T-Pain, because we all know by now that Justin is actually a black rapper trapped in the body of a typical Wisconsin cheese curd.

>Justin is actually a black rapper trapped in the body of a typical Wisconsin cheese curd

Coming from southeastern Wisconsin, I can identify

Don't make fun of Wisconsin you fucking normie reeeeeeeee

Don't worry, not caring what people listen to is pretty much the opposite of being pretentious.

Fuck you Justin is great

Coming out of EC