>tfw you'll never witness the 90's alternative rock movement

how do you cope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t8yfib24ftU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the 90s alternative rock movement wasn't that special

>tfw white in the age of white guilt and wiggers

90s college and alt rock was mostly shit and they all sound the same

>projecting america's middle class problems on the rest of the world.

you can count shoegaze too

yeah, that too

By not being a total fag

just like modern music

rock was still a thing up until like 2009 idiot. then odd future made it cool for white kids to like rap again.

It was like that in the 90s too

i mean the movement and popularity, why do you think they say Nirvana is the last great rock band

Count yourself lucky OP, it was a cancerous wave of posers and wannabe faggots peppered with just a few blinks of greatness

because it was. all that emo scene br00tal shit was for fags.

You could cope by not being a whiny faggot.

>yfw you're white and 31 and are living in the age of terrible pop country
>yfw you witnessed 90's alternative and remember how fucking terrible 95% of the bands were but understand that people who were not alive then only get to look back on the absolute greatest of that generation and get to ignore the absolute trash most stations played

at the very least though the radio/tv/movie conglomerations where not nearly as overreaching as they are now, variety between stations was better.

I could have made the same argument in my late teens
>tfw no arena rock bands making decent music anymore
yet for every zep, skynard, queen etc. there were ten slade's, suzi q's, bay city rollers, mud, etc. that most people forgot but people in that day in age had to listen to a fuck load of garbage between the greatest

>dude the 90s were sooooooooo much better!!!!!!!!!11111 #wronggeneration
Kill yourself, you whiny Millennial faggot.

Yes, history only remembers the highest and lowest quality, all the dregs of mediocrity and shit are forgotten

early 2000s was the renaissance of alternative rock, bands came out from everywhere, this was the time

> Strokes, Muse, Interpol, JJ72, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, white stripes, deftones

By listening to modern alternative bands.

Just because a genre isn't popular doesn't mean it doesn't exist anymore

yeah but that happens in every generation, there isn't a generation where you can go:"yeah, all bands were great", so that's not really an argument, maybe I wanna "go back" just to see Nirvana playing live

sup nigger lover, nice buzzword

Modest Mouse and Radiohead too

yes, but there's no movement, that's the point i'm trying to make

By not listening to cRap?

and The Arcade Fire.

2000's were lowkey golden age for indie/ alternative, 90's was like a transitional hybrid between classic rock and true alternative

okay, but my argument is true. you're not allowed to change the context of a thread or post after the fact and then just be right, i was just bringing up an example that is does go back.

either way, the only thing stopping you from seeing that band, of the current generation is you.

ysk though, nirvana at the that time was similar in status to bon jovi in the 80's or creed of the early 00's. You fags that were not there have put nirvana up on this weird pedestal and completely ignore that they were top 40 watered down version of a lot of their contemporaries.

Op stop being so lame

I think OP means that, even if there was still shit, it was "OUR" shit, music of the same culture as you, that you could understand.

This is obviously speculation, but I feel pretty alienated from the modern scene not because it's lower quality but because it just has nothing to do with my life experience; black music is as much to do with me as music for aliens.

When pitchfork gave features to every mediocre beard-and-glasses hipster ripping off NMH or Interpol, I at least "got" it, but I'm no longer the target demographic.

Again, not worse, just alien.

you got old and missed your moment, get over it dude

Rap was all over radio and TV in the 90s, kiddo.

It lived alongside grunge and post-grunge rock.

You create the movement you lazy fuck. Get out there and listen to and support your favorite bands or at least the ones you deem to be any good.

>JJ72

my nigga, had a huge teenage crush on the bassist

youtu.be/t8yfib24ftU

You don't think that maybe our culture is more multicultural than in the past, and correspondingly less "White," for better or for worse?

You don't think that maybe what the Deconstructionists described as oppressed groups feeling marginalized in foreign cultures might actually hold true as everyone falls under the yoke of post-moral consumerism under the guise of "multiculturalism."

You, like me, were brought up to believe being pithy and dismissive made you cool, but what it makes you is smug and immature. Your relationship with the world around you is at least as unhealthy as mine.

Why are past decades so romanticized? Just fucking enjoy your life and the endless amount of music and entertainment you can get in this age with the Internet.

they were Top 40 because they were insanely popular, it has nothing to do with their musical merits or are you gonna tell me The Beatles sucked just because they were everywhere

I truly do mourn that I never saw these guys at the height of that "movement"

youtube.com/watch?v=8FDMf1ChBME