/hhg/ - Hip-Hop General

/hhg/ - Hip-Hop General

Post Hip-Hop edition
Discuss, listen, share music, post collages, ask for recommendations, show off recent purchases, etc.

////////////////////////////////////////

>Introduction:
i.imgur.com/ak3kotb.jpg

>East Coast Hip-Hop:
i.imgur.com/dy51TBV.jpg

>West Coast Hip-Hop:
i.imgur.com/Vn0uEi8.jpg

>Southern Hip-Hop:
i.imgur.com/S7V9Z2B.jpg

>Memphis Rap
i.imgur.com/3LPJQMf.jpg

>Experimental Hip-Hop:
i.imgur.com/VoSMBtN.jpg

>Instrumental Hip-Hop:
i.imgur.com/JmOjo6n.jpg

>Historically Significant:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ewEzXRHj8LGvUB3g9QbnIK_m89I2Q5Y2LzsgqKOG6Xg/edit#gid=0

>Recent Hip-Hop:
i.imgur.com/11hUMwf.jpg

////////////////////////////////////////

>Upcoming Releases:
hiphopdx.com/release-dates/

OP images, charts, etc: mega.nz/#F!Ktoi3ayL
Encryption key: !_L21PgISIaRBkesmMy0yiA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xo8pWBmM0I
youtube.com/watch?v=sWc4DG1s53g&feature=player_embedded#at=180
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is a troll chart right

it must be

this b8 is after my heart

Do you guys really dislike Coloring Book?

does someone want to tell me how tf divine council got a 3 stacks feat?

icytwat and $ilkmoney are "big" names on soundcloud but not that big lol

It's fine, it's just excruciating to discuss at this point given how often I've heard about how great it is

No.
What do you guys think about JEFFERY
serious discussion please

I need an answer to this too
His feature-for-hire shit is making less and less sense (birds, new cud)
His best since SS1, his most consistent overall

That chart is fucking horrible.

It's not bad. It's an easy listen and it's pretty fucking accessible; it's on that TLOP tip for sure, which is a little upsetting that they're so similar and released at similar times. It felt like Ultralight Beams 2 (granted he killed his feature; Kanye didn't do justice in repaying that debt). After Acid Rap though, you'd expect him to get "better" with more exposure. But, he's feeling out his genres and I can respect that.

It reminds me of BADBADNOTGOOD's IV. I like it. It's not what I wanted, but I like it.

Agree.
It's annoying that even though the whole album is just straight raps and little autotune, people will still talk shit that he is all autotune and mumbo jumbo gibberish.
This album shows Young Thug's lyrical talent.

>das racist
mah nigga

>What do you guys think about JEFFERY

imo needed less features, duke & wyclef were the only essentials. his ambitious delivery/concept/cover are iconic though

i'm guessing he's in some sort of fucked up contract with his manager but i guess we should just be happy he's been active lately

I know Glitchy Black Kavinsky Album has been discussed to high hell, but can we agree Get Hi is severely holding this track back from higher praise?

I get you're supposed to like it "ironically", but it kills the flow and it really throws a wrench into the immersion that's built over the last 40 minutes.

pic related is literally the definition of post hip hop

Ok what about this one? I liked it but again this is the very first DLS album i've listen to.

Melonhead disagrees with you senpai so you're wrong desu

Listen to 3 Feet High and Rising

Initially didn't like it but it grew on me. I still think Barter 6 is his best. I actually just bought tickets to one of his/21 Savage shows in December

Lost it when I saw Mad Illusions

If you don't know or have listened or like this album you shouldn't be allowed to post here like

fucking throw your computer out the window right now if you don't

like fucking don't post here never you know

The Next Step II is on this right? Tony Hawk games had the GOAT soundtracks

Noo that was their previous album

this one has this fuckin GOAT chill track, also yes, the Tony Hawk soundtracks are god-tier

here here listen to this shit mane
youtube.com/watch?v=6xo8pWBmM0I

I don't get it, how are you supposed to like Get Hi 'ironically'?

It's the incredibly slow, relaxing beat that tells you that the insane circus of the middle of the album is over and we're rapping up

The lyrics are like XXX Danny in a lot of ways.

I mean, seriously, what's not to like about the song? It feels like you're floating on a cloud after going through hell (the 4-5 songs before it)

saw them preform live before, I've enjoyed the LA scene ever since I moved here

I need more songs like this and BIG's Juicy in my life

This vibe is how I want to live my life

>what's not to like about the song?

b-real

Bro I was just going through an old facebook group that I had with some old friends in high school and was scrolling down to the time I was a freshman and seeing all the dumb shit I posted and said. Fucking embarrassing stuff but nostalgic and warm and shit

then I saw that I posted this link saying that 'this is the best hip hop song I've ever heard'

youtube.com/watch?v=sWc4DG1s53g&feature=player_embedded#at=180

I have no memory of listening to this but hearing this again made me so fucking sad and glad and happy and I don't even know what man

Don't know why I'm posting this but it's 12:45 AM and hearing this song got me fucked up right now

I live in Long Beach. Gotta admit, it's nice here. Been here all my life