Left or right, Cred Forums?

Left or right, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFeeBnC47Ew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have to say left even though Big comedown is on the right and thats my favourite tune.

I'd say left too, it feels more conherent. Right can get kind of confusing when it comes to the story the album is trying to present, especially with the filler known as StarFuckers deciding to get there for no reason.

Damn... I loved la mer.

i mean i was siding left, but then i just got a promo for a kid rock your where foreigner is opening

Love how it transitions into "The Great Below" too.

Most definetly left disc. Right is also awesome, but gets a little mediocre to the. Starfuckers does just not fit.

My favorite part of the Right are the last parts.
"The Big Come down"
"Underneath it all"
"Ripe (With Decay)

Amazing ending to the album.

Right has Starfuckers but left has No You Don't.

But No, You Don't is a good track.

The Frail and Pilgrimage though.

left

Although it's very different stylistically from much of the album, Starfuckers does fit into the story of the album. The Left disc shows the character trying to fix his life with positive things (a love interest), which peaks on Just Like You Imagined before his desire for more ruins everything. He's left suicidal by the ocean but chooses to go on, this time on Right disc seeking satisfaction in negative things (drugs, meaningless sex, fame and fortune) which peaks on Starfuckers. Right disc is sort of a different take on The Downward Spiral, where Starfuckers would match up in purpose with Big Man With a Gun.

Interesting, where would you say "No, You Don't" fits into everything?

I know that you can argue that Starfuckers.INC fits in, but I find it hard, it is very different and you can skip it and the album's story does not become so damaged, even though "The big come down" references it.

> Starfucekrs
> I play this game it's called insincerity
> The Big Come Down
> I play this game; trying to make myself ok.
Also, Trent himself said this at one point.

> After 'The Downward Spiral' I felt like I had to make the best record in the world but my addictions meant my head was packed with cotton. 'Starfuckers, Inc.' doesn't fit in with the rest of that record, but it came from bits of lyrics I'd written over a long period and was focused at Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love..
But I guess Starfuckers could fit in, after all, unlike in The Downward Spiral where the protagonist was fictional, it is very easy to say that The Fragile's protagonist might as well be Trent Reznor himself.

TRENT!!! REMASTERED WHEN????

right has starfuckers and I always listen to left first so am snot paying as much attention by the time right comes on

Does it need a remaster?

It's not like The Downward Spiral or other albums got remastered.

Pretty Hate Machine's remaster does not really count as Trent said it was just re-packed

the PHM remaster actually sounds way better than the original recording. TDS has a slight re-mix in that it was mixed to dolby 5.1 Fragile and anything above doesn't need to be remastered at all.

The best part of the entire record.

youtube.com/watch?v=RFeeBnC47Ew

> The Downward Spiral was never remastered.

Sorry. Didn't mean remaster. Meant vinyl Reissue/Repress/Deluxe (maybe?) like he's been promising for years.

> Those trips.

The Fragile Deluxe confirmed?

Yes.

You know the deal "Trent" post pic of you with a shoe on your head

Lefts definitely more cohesive and greater than the sum of its parts, but I enjoy as many if not not more of the individual songs on Right, minus starfuckers of course