ill go with her

olivia block

where to?

seconded

nice choice

That's the wrong Charli

>musical artist
Aretha Franklin

>multi-talented artist (songwriter and actress)
Dolly Parton

i cant handle this qtness pls stop

I would say Eliane Radigue because her drones are spiritual as fuck.

my girlfriend, of course

Gotta go with the jun

would also agree with Bush

lee ji eun, obviously

Great choices. Ultimately I'd probably go with Kate Bush, but pic related is quickly becoming my favorite.

Go back to your containment thread filthy weeb

kim gordon

Jessy Lanza

Julia is amazing I love her music. I'd go with her.

who is this?

Julia Holter

Julia Holter.

this

thanks friends, keen to check her music out

good choices, but this is my pick

>mfw she's back

i third this
she's the only musician i never get tired of listening to

MOLLY NILSSON

Julia is the greatest. I think Hello Stranger is actually my favorite song ever. I got Have You in My Wilderness on vinyl a long time ago but not until this year did it really click and I spin it almost. It puts me in such a good mood.

who is this semen demon

Yas Queen

Regina Spektor

Grimes is so damn great. Really the most exciting artist in the last 10 years.

this pic makes me feel so lonely

Not even a little bit exciting my dude. Not saying she's trash but it's pretty boring stuff she makes.

probably not objectively the greatest female artist, but she is easily the best contemporary pop musician of all time

>and though our parts are slightly used
What did she mean by this?

Pretty boring to (You). You should more listen to her music, maybe it will grow on you.

listening to grimes gives you 0 reason to act elitist, her brand of pop music is highly highly accessible and lots of artists have done her shtick better or just as good as her

not to say she's bad at all, but she's not "the most exciting" by any means. besides the odd amazing single, she's pretty unremarkable and hasn't really done anything new with her music in a very long time

>highly highly accessible
You're completely wrong. Some of her singles are accessible, but most of her music isn't accessible. You're the actual proof: you didn't get into it.

Take a look here: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S68031489#p68032586

>lots of artists have done her shtick better or just as good as her
Name 10 of them. It should be easy if you think there are lots of them

Why are women so terrible at making music?

everyone is a stupid cunt except for kate

correct answer

>You're the actual proof: you didn't get into it.
i've listened to her entire discography you fuck, the whole synthpop genre is inherently very accessible (usually) regardless of the level of experimentation employed by the artist. grimes does experiment quite a bit and carved her own small niche in pop music, and she's a very good artist, but very far from "the most exciting". there are artists working right now who have more potential in their sound than her and will continue to develop

>Name 10 of them.
the early 10s were full of them, especially 2012
>iamamiwhoami
>black marble
>knife
>purity ring
>chromatics
>linea aspera
>sundfor
try to discover for yourself, you'd be surprised

Support your claims with music or gtfo.

Lana Del Rey is queen

>iamamiwhoami
>black marble
>knife
>purity ring
>chromatics
>linea aspera
>sundfor
>try to discover for yourself, you'd be surprised
You're selling synthpop to a synthpop fan (me). I know all of them, except Black Marble. You just posted a list of synthpop artists with female vocals, not artists like Grimes. None of these artists did songs like California, Scream, Life in the Vivid Dream, Omega, Circumambient, Beast Infection, Dream Fortress, Favriel, Skin, Know the Way, Kill V. Maim. Prove me wrong.

>i've listened to her entire discography you fuck, the whole synthpop genre is inherently very accessible (usually) regardless of the level of experimentation employed by the artist. grimes does experiment quite a bit and carved her own small niche in pop music, and she's a very good artist, but very far from "the most exciting".
How many times did you listen to her discography? Once is not enough, you stupid ass. Synthpop may be accessible, but Grimes isn't your ordinary artist. I'm not even talking about her weird voice. You can't see the greatness in her music because you're a pleb.

By the way, how are these songs even remotely radio-friendly???
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=04etL7ILb38

>there are artists working right now who have more potential in their sound than her and will continue to develop
I doubt it.

>iamamiwhoami
>black marble
>knife
>purity ring
>chromatics
>linea aspera
>sundfor
>try to discover for yourself, you'd be surprised
Yeah - to back up what said, I'm a huge fan of Linea Aspera (wish it had lasted longer - Keluar just doesn't have the same spark) and trying to claim a similarity between Alison Lewis & Co. and Grimes, beyond their basic utilization of electronic instruments, just tells me how little you must know about either of their music.

>None of these artists did songs like California, Scream, Life in the Vivid Dream, Omega, Circumambient, Beast Infection, Dream Fortress, Favriel, Skin, Know the Way, Kill V. Maim. Prove me wrong.
man i've been telling you for like 3 posts that grimes is good lol, those are all great songs and she is really consistent. if you really need more validation she's probably one of the best artists working within the dream-synth-pop sound (mostly in regards to singles), but there are a lot of artists doing the same thing and usually producing better flat-out albums and whole bodies of work. i like all of the artists i listed better than grimes but that's just me, my original comment was more directed at you using her as the crux for some kind of elitist grimes agenda

>How many times did you listen to her discography? Once is not enough, you stupid ass.
many many times and visions used to be one of my favorite albums. i'm not saying she's some kind of average radio-friendly pop artist, but she is very very popular and the bulk of her music is pretty accessible (which isn't a bad thing, for some reason you think it's some sort of personal attack) so i don't understand why you're fucked up about someone claiming she's not the most exciting artist of the DECADE

>man i've been telling you for like 3 posts that grimes is good lol
user, throwing in the occasional back-handed compliment isn't gonna cut you any slack when you're obviously trolling (vaguely arguing AGAINST a specific person deserving the title of best artist - obvious bait claim on the OP's part btw - rather than FOR someone who you think does.) Like I said here - play along with the bait and state your claims for who you think IS the "best female artist" or gtfo.

too many wrong answers itt

Is there anyone else male or female who even approaches Joanna in terms of lyricism?

I mean a lot of what she sings is just imagery and whatnot but jesus it's unreal

Her arrangements on HOOM are really something else too. And everything she packs into each song on Ys.

>Her arrangements

>tfw I'm the world's greatest female musician and I never intend to record a song or perform in public.

I thought Ys was the only one where the arrangements were done by someone else

Best in 2010s

God fucking damn it

>71 replies
>no Grouper
R U kidding?

What's your favorite album by her?

I've listened to Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill, Alien Observer and Ruins and I liked them all but didn't really love any. I love what she does in theory so I've been trying to get more into her work.

cutest female artist in our generation

She did all the piano, harp and vocal arrangements but Ryan Francesconi did strings, brass, woodwinds etc. and some other dude did the percussion

Oh shit I guess you're right.

Still a great record.

yeah definitely

>but there are a lot of artists doing the same thing and usually producing better flat-out albums and whole bodies of work.
>a lot of artists doing the same thing
>a lot
WHO?

>Is there anyone else male or female who even approaches Joanna in terms of lyricism?

>listening to Emily
>tfw the chorus hits

>Best female artist?
Grimes.

too accessible

>This is a song for Baby Birch
kills me

why not?
best artist of the decade can be accessible

That isn't a valid criticism. She may be too accessible to you, but not to many others (a reason why she's so hated on these places). Her music is innovative, catchy and emotional; this all that matters.

I'm pretty sure the arrangements are still under her direction