DUDE IT'S BAD ON PURPOSE LMAO

>DUDE IT'S BAD ON PURPOSE LMAO
This is why no one takes you seriously.

Bad headphones on your part know it for a fact.

massively unwarranted levels of self importance

Is this actually good or just for people who don't like hip hop?

What is this thread even referencing?

Kendrick got BTFO by DB for hiphop AOTD, now all the saggy-pants black boys mad because it isn't all "we wuz kangz" bullshit with "muh political" message

See for yourself.

You'd probably need to have a fairly eclectic taste to really enjoy it though, it's not nearly as accessible as his other work.

(no fedora tipping here, just my honest opinion)

it's one of those make a dumb negative statement about an album/artist which automatically puts anons on the defensive and low-key makes people say good things about the album things.

This and TLOP are proof that Cred Forums gets their opinions from reviewers rather than the music.

I was under the impression that it was acclaimed by normal people and critics alike, I hadn't read or heard anybody say it was bad on purpose.

You don't have to like something for that thing to be good. It just means you're in the minority.

For example, I don't like The Beatles, but that doesn't make them a bad group.

It's a modern art take on music, anyone classically trained will think it's awful.
>bad melodies
>muddy production
>poor childish lyrics
People who want to seem avant-garde will pretend to like it, they pretend that these things are done on purpose for some kind of higher artistic purpose, they may well be, but at the end of the day, it's still awful music.

Is this album filled with as much
>MAI DICK NIKKA OPEN WAI HOE
as his other 3 albums?

>>bad melodies

you're gonna have to go back and read my post again (unless you were trying to respond to someone else). This is a promotional trolling thread.

Yes, if you're 15 you might enjoy it.

>anyone classically trained

so people whose opinions count for less than nothing then?

You must be brain dead if you think that understanding music is bad when it comes to listening to music.

>mu was unanimously praising the album since it released.
>Now Fantano gives it a good score
>YOU GUYZ ARE DRONES!
Literally kys

Like, ok, this album is good. But all this excessive praise is kind of ridiculous. It's not like this album is on some other astral plane of sonic existence, everyone compares it to beefheart and shit but it's not even that out there or experimental. It's a good album, stop trying to turn it into some phenomenon

*tips fedora* it's hip hop you idiot

classically trained doesnt have to mean classically indoctrinated

It's just experimental for a mainstream hip hop release

>listening to hip hop
Hope you're enjoying high school.

being classically trained is like pretending that because you studied the Ancient World at university that you know all about history

>doesn't like hip hop
>opens hip hop thread to shitpost
Hope you're enjoying wizardhood

I've never seen it compared to Beefheart

except it's not?

Daniel said in an interview that documentaries about Talking Heads and Captain Beefheart inspired him

>DUDE IT'S BAD ON PURPOSE LMAO
No one says this
It's good
If you mean the noises voices and grimy beats that's just you being a pleb

>muddy production
I know you're baiting, but this is still so wrong. This is one of the cleanest sounding albums I've heard it years

This

ty based danny

its an 8/10 quality drops near the end.

then you haven't read many reviews of the album, every pretentious faggot namedrops it because they think it gives them music cred

This

exactly this

so if I said I made music inspired by The Beatles then my shit should be judged by the same standards?

>le astral plane of sonic existance
is this a new epic meme?

this

The reason it's getting excessive praise is because not many artists successfully transition back from commercial appeal to more experimental ideas (>inb4 not experimental, in comparison to Old, it really is). Especially in a year where many high-profile artists are releasing subpar material, something that even meets expectations will be considered godly.

But Beefheart is a meme band user