Like, ok, this album is good. But all this excessive praise is kind of ridiculous...

Like, ok, this album is good. But all this excessive praise is kind of ridiculous. It's not like this album is on some other astral plane of sonic existence, everyone compares it to beefheart and shit but it's not even that out there or experimental. It's a good album, stop trying to turn it into some phenomenon

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this
it's good, but it's nowhere near as experimental as hip hop albums like niggas on the moon and derbe respect alder

You have to wait a few years until people understand the worth of a hip hop album. Hiphop fanbases are fucking retarded

Lololol. Death Grips babbies on suicide watch.

damn good, but yeah, not really experimental at all really. Hyperbole like that is just annoying and doesn't really do the artist any favors. Whatever, still really enjoying this, rap album of the year so far.

>a popular rapper made an album which comes somewhat close to death grips' level of experimentation
DEATH GRIPS BABBIES BTFO!!1!!1!1!!11!

Lololol. Death Grips babbies triggered and btfo.

wtf i hate death grips now

The Powers That B is more ambitious/innovative/experimental than AE by a longshot.

>more ambitious/innovative/experimental

too bad it sounds like hot garbage eh

def agree
kanye west always made good albums but nothing that would blow me away

>garbage

>awarding brownie points for "experimentation"

Lololol. Doesn't count for shit if the end product was executed poorly and/or doesn't sound good.

>stop enjoying this album so much REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi, welcome to the internet, let me direct you to the wikipidia page for viral marketing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

It's good, like a solid 7, but idk. I don't think it's rap album of the year.

In order, mine would go:
bottomless pit
untitled unmastered
splendor & misery
atrocity exhibition

link?

Ain't it funny is just fucking unreal. Gives me goosebumps. Hardest track of the year.

When it Rain alone is better than all those albums.

there's a difference between liking it a lot and excessive hyperbolic proclamations about its brilliance which only serves to reveal how much of an idiot you actually are about music

come on diggity dog, untitled unmastered has like 3 good songs

you faggots say this about every new release

you're not being insightful, good albums just get overrated by hype in the immediate days/weeks after their release. I don't know why you insist on pointing it out every single time, do you just never learn?

I could record my dog taking a wet shit and slam some drums on top, and I'd say that pretty experimental. Doesn't change the fact that it sounds like a dog shitting.

AE sounds good, Death Memes is weak shit..

just trying to curb idiotic sensationalism my dude

It quite possibly some of the worst music ever recorded with some of the worst rapping ever recorded and if it was named after anybody else except Joy Division would be called pure shit.

Buuuut since DB has built up such a strong cult of personality he can shit out garbage like this and have it be eaten up by white music bloggers.

Danny does all these drugs because he knows he's shit. Rocky's last album was so much better than this it's not even a competition. DB is also spineless, the only real line he has on the album the one dissing Iggy he dismissed as "it just rhymed" because again he's afraid of conflict. This is why they stomped him for that wonderbread because they knew he wouldn't do shit. Honestly this album makes me so mad it's so fucking shit.

half of the album is literally nu metal

i love danny but this album was disappointing

not every rap album needs to be riddled with muh diss tracks you little faggot

>I could record my dog taking a wet shit and slam some drums on top, and I'd say that pretty experimental.
That wouldn't actually be very experimental tbqh

Naming your album "Atrocity Exhibition" is pretentious as fuck, especially when that album is mediocre nigger pop-rap

>being this assblasted over not liking something

Get a grip pleb. Besides what makes Rockys album so good and Danny's so bad? Pls explain

This, Cred Forums is a central hub of viral marketing because of meme culture and Anonymity which makes it easy to market shit here

Who do you think made Death Grips into a meme? Why do you think the Beach Boys were spammed here ceaselessly before the SMiLE and Pet Sounds reissues?

Is it pretentious? Or is it just paying homage to one of your biggest influences in a way that also fits with the subject matter of the album?

you quite obviously haven't listened to the album

It's pretentious. It's named after a Joy Division song which is named after a Ballard book. Pretty pretentious coming from goth rock and pop-rap artists.
>dude it's so wacky, not poppy at all!
Hint: pop is not an insult, just a descriptor.

I never said it was wacky, but Pop is a terrible descriptor for this album. The only songs it would even remotely apply to are rolling stone and really doe

Its named after what something called your family after eating dinner with them

All of the songs are poppy and hooky dude.
groan

But it doesn't sound good

>being this stupid

Why even argue with you? Having a semblance of a hook in a song doesn't make something pop. You are apparently retarded

I dude I understand that it's named after a Joy Division song which is named after a Ballard book, but did you even read the words that I said or are you so hung-up on your beliefs that you just enjoy shouting into an anonymous echo chamber?

Your life has no purpose

wow you sure convinced me. pure insight, again

Uh, yeah it does. The songs are catchy and danceable enough, it's pop-rap. You only object to the label because you've internalized that all pop is overproduced music about love and calling something "pop" is denigrating it's value
It's pretentious.

the songs are anything but danceable. Again, holy shit, you haven't listened to the album. You might've heard 'Really Doe' because someone linked it. Stop being so fucking lazy

I don't think I can say it any cleaner. It doesn't sound unique, it just sounds bad. The weird high voice doesn't fit the basic rap format, it works much better on strange songs like Frankie Sinatra.

I think you can define what and what is not pop-rap by what 18 year old girls think, so I sauced it around to some of my friends yesterday and they all said something along the lines of, "It's good but it's really underground," which is basically code for, "I fucking hate this."

I listened to the entire album. It's pop-rap.
They don't know shit. They would probably tell you that Dark Side of the Moon is an inaccessible experimental album too.

Lol you do realize you just sound like an old man who doesn't understand the new trends right?

I'm 50% sad for you at this realization you're having and 50% laughing real hard

then you must be pop-autistic. Or perhaps the dumbest person on this forum. Take your pick

You're so out of touch dude, girls fucking love Dark Side of the Moon, gave it to my ex for Christmas on vinyl and she shit her pants

Nice refutation.
Are you mentally challenged? I never said that girls didn't like DSOTM, I was using an example to say that teen girls don't know shit about music, going by their opinions is retarded. Danny Brown isn't "really underground".

Why do you retards get so triggered when I call an album you like pop?

>not liking this music that is trendy at the moment makes you an old man
Drones, everybody.

Learn to think critically.

How does one refute someone who repeats the same 3 words with his fingers in his ears?

Like I'm actually started to get weirded out talking to you because I feel bad calling a legitimately autistic person stupid

No, he just said that having a high voice doesn't fit into the "basic rap format", whatever that means. I don't understand why that should matter, considering there's very few moments on this album that fit into the basic rap format.

Go watch Young & the Restless please

Why do you insist on calling everything you don't like pop-rap? Have you actually heard pop-rap? Have you ever actually listened to music before?

>pretentious
I'm fucking sick of this meme. Have you considered, MAYBE, that Danny you know... Is a huge fan of Joy Division and was inspired by them to name his album? How the fuck is this pretentious? Are you saying that because he's a rapper he should only refer to other rap artists or some shit like that and name his album after a Lil Wayne song or something? This way of thinking is so fucking retarded. Might as well not be inspired by music you genuinely like because you'll be considered "pretentious".

Well, you didn't give me any arguments, you're just calling me an autist. I'm assuming that I need to reiterate my point so that you can understand it.

Exactly. Just some obnoxious Annoying Orange sounding dude shouting for an hour over annoying beats

>Setting up strawman arguments
Drones, everybody.

Learn to think critically.

Well, you didn't give me any arguments, you're just calling me an autist. I'm assuming that I need to reiterate my point so that you can understand it.
Pop-rap is just the description, tard. Hip hop is a subset of pop music anyways so it doesn't even matter.
Atrocity Exhibition was a pretentious name in the first place, it's insinuating that Danny Brown's wacky druggie rap album is on the same level as JD Ballard, THAT'S why it's pretentious. It makes sense that he would do that because he's trying so hard to give off and artsy vibe.

I know it's the description, so I'll try to speak in words that you understand, have you actually heard music that can be described as pop-rap before? Like not just Kendrick Lamar or whatever, but like G-Eazy

Yes I have.

Then how can you possibly compare anything about the two? The subject matter, the overall atmosphere, the instrumentals? I really don't understand your logic

>it's insinuating that Danny Brown's wacky druggie rap album is on the same level as JD Ballard
Again, this is a stupid argument. Think about what you're saying, I doubt the first thing in his mind when picking a title was "this Joy Division song references Ballard, I'm gonna look so artsy when I use it!". In no way he's implying hes on the same level as Ballard, that makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Also he's not trying to give off and artsy vibe, he's just inspired by the music he listens to. I can tell he enjoys what he does, why is "pretentiousness" the first thing to come to your mind? Are you saying that because he's a "pop rapper" he shouldn't bother doing anything but average pop rap and not bother trying something new?

I'm telling you it's not pop rap and you can't dance to it, and beyond telling you to listen to the album and maybe read a review or two I can't 'refute' you any more because it just comes down to not being a moron. Your response is, 'uh ya it is', which is an argument someone could use to respond to the allegation that The White Stripes are not vaporwave

I think I'm gonna use this new meme, thanks!

>Hip hop is a subset of pop

I suppose Jazz is also a subset of pop

Reading this thread I've noticed how Cred Forums likes to call anything that isn't noise or drone music "pop". Also how y'all think pop is a derogatory term lol

who thinks pop is a derogatory term? It is just an incorrect term to apply to this album

>this experiment is more of an experiment than this one
Can we please stop this meme?