Was this the finished infograph?

Was this the finished infograph?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Dubstep/
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Dubstep&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Rutracker
>shit tier
What

Anyone who sincerely uses RYM put a shotgun in your mouth right now

>rym at the top
wow thats just terrible

Explain what is wrong with RYM faggots

The community sucks but the site is very useful

you just described whats wrong with it
rym userbase are just cancerous

>actually paying to download music
might as well pay a nigger to fuck your wife while you're at it

You don't have to interact with it

the community is responsible for maintaining the database and the ratings and you can't find new stuff without relying on the database and charts which rely on the ratings.

I don't know how you're finding new music on RYM without interacting with user ratings.

The community is 90% cancer but there are helpful and dedicated users

I find music based on ratings of my friends

>some random tumblr blog (nodata) above rutracker
>slsk below wcd when both are the same tier
>rym (aka the myanimelist: music edition) in holy trinity
:^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

non-bait version

>bait version

Here you go.

>t. butthurt OP

>pick genre you want to explore
>find a chart of it
>listen to things regardless of user rating

not complicated

Switch Soulseek with What.CD
Bump Fantano up to at least shit.
Move Last.fm into average.
Put spotify, YouTube, and wikipedia under shit.
Put soundcloud under shit.
knock allmusic and tiny mix tapes to what the fuck are you doing
Move Rutracker to good.

Cred Forums is worse anyways

Doesn't make rym any less shit.

hes not wrong, besides the boc thing

Or you can make some cool friends and they can give you some good recs

residentadvisor is fine for finding music

only dance music

Why do we even bother ranking these when how receptive you are new music recommendations is completely personal and up to your own tastes?

There is no objective way to say "this website is better for finding new music than this other website" apart from features and design completely separate from the tastes of the users there.

Stuff in God Tier/Holy Trinity need to have exclusive features that are legitimately conducive to an experience better than picking a random album. Last.fm/tastekid/Spotify's personal taste recs, the 1% of RYM/Reddit/Cred Forums who actually want to give recs rather than shitpost, etc.

Any normal publication (P4K, NME, CoS, TMT) should all be on the same tier cuz it's just a select few dictating your tastes. P4K could be a selection of randomly picked people from RYM tasked to just pick the albums that would get hype anyway and you'd never know, and Cred Forums would eat it up like they always do.

yes, and it shouldn't be in shit tier

Its an infograph

an infograph is supposed to provide information not ignorance

The site has its uses. Genre tags are more nuanced than Discogs' so it's easy to find releases that way without paying mind to actual ratings: .

Additionally there are good lists for genre guides, influences for musicians, etc., because not all of the users are insufferable.

RYM is trash for the ratings. 90% of the time the ratings and reviews are predictable and have the same shitty mob mentality and ignorance of real-life normie music discussion.

yeah its not the absolute worst site, but its no deserving of its place on the top, and of course there are rymers that are pretty cool, but the """elite""" tastemakers are completely insufferable

Event last.fm is more useful for discovering new music than RYM.

Uh, no. lastfm's community is complete shit at tagging music.

lmao no
Last.fm is a joke

That's why I said you can ignore ratings.

Almost all of those sites suffer """elite""" tastemakers. That's a consequence of the of the music community as a whole. What separates RYM (and Discogs) from the others is it's possible to completely ignore the users' opinions and just use the site as a database.

RYM has better tagging and UI.

T-thanks guys.

>electronic "music"
lol fuck off /bleep/

>That's why I said you can ignore ratings.
No you can't you autist, everything is ordered by ratings there

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Dubstep/
is this ordered by ratings you retard

kill yourself if you arent joking

I'm not sure if you're sincere.

If not, I don't understand your point. The highest rated albums are at the top, but you can just keep scrolling to find, or change the "top" field to bottom or esoteric.

See above.

Even without changing that field though you can just ignore ratings and sort through the pages until you've exhausted your interest.

I don't understand your argument.

No, it's chronological, which is just as unhelpful.

>2.77
>2.51
>2.56
>2.44
jfc

Click "top releases" (top right) if you want it sorted by rating.

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Dubstep&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

If you wanted it sorted in some other way, you can do that. If you want a more or less random chart then use "esoteric" rather than "top" rating.

ITT: autistic pissing match

Why is rateyourmusic, the website that thinks OK Computer is the best album of all time in the holy trinity but Scaruffi is near the bottom of it?

I still don't understand your argument.

Releases have to be ordered in some fashion. Even if releases of a genre were presented in a randomized order, each release would still have a rating, so there would still be a hivemind.

If you're going to pick albums at random from a general chronological list, why not use Discogs? Discogs' database is bigger unless you're searching for recent Bandcamp-core. You can click through "masters" to filter out the plethora of Madonna and Daft Punk reissues if those bother you much.

Is it because Discogs lacks ultra-specific genre descriptions like Progressive Chillstep?

OK Computer is Better than TMR though

(not true, by the way)

The album is on top only because it has the most ratings, the actual highest rated album is The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

Because the userbase's ratings are irrelevant to discovering music through it.

Discogs is literally at the top of OP's pic along with rym. They're both great for discovering music. What is your point?

RYM should be below Discogs.

How am I supposed to discover new music through it?

Discovering new music through RYM is like discovering new movies through IMDB.

On par with soundcloud and fucking bandcamp? Yeah, okay.

You mean Letterboxd
RYM is way more niche site you dumbass
You wouldn't have some albums on RYM top 100 on a normie site

Those need to be moved a tier lower also.

No one has answered my question.

If not by most rated/least rated, how do you want releases to be organized on RYM genre charts?

By incrementing the page number and scrolling until you've found something new.

>all these contrarian faggots who think they are too cool for RYM
lel

honestly i havent responded because i agree with you on this
the charts, especially esoteric and niche genres are p good

shoo shoo RYM shill

swap rutracker with what cd

Sputnikmusic > RYM

Put Scaruffi at the top.

Move everything else to shit-tier.

/thread

Scaruffi drones deserve to be shot

>le buttmetal and circuscore is better than Radiohead and Beatles

I agree.

If discogs was more specific with genres I'd use it more.

>not a single argument

What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to persuade people, or just contribute to the infinite digital ether?

fixed it

ITT: RYM shill general

Fuck off unty

i like this, much friendlier than mu infographics are
saved

rurtracker belongs on top because it isn't a shit tier secret club what cd is. Also it allows usage of better formats like ALAC, APE and others

slsk has more content than what at the expense of speed and quality

make the two the same tier

good stuff

You got it right mate. Nearly everything has its use at some level.

I've only used what.cd, and not slsk. Genuine question - if there was an obscure bonus track that only was available at a shitty bitrate (i.e. what.cd wouldn't allow it), it would be on slsk? Because if so, yeah, slsk should definitely be a tier above.

>Some kid

no everynoise.com

also i haven't really been active on Cred Forums since 2011/2012, legitimately did not expect people to be friendly right back. i really half-assed the placement and formatting. i'll try and clean it up a bit more.

hey it was in the original, gotta be faithful to the source material

its more similar to discovering new movies through rym

its also much worse for finding music you retard

yes soulseek does not have bitrate restrictions

I like that you separated download tools from music sites, but I still don't understand why RYM is lower than Discogs.

I suppose it's because of RYM's community, but I don't understand WHY that would be a problem in this instance.

The only legitimate complaint I've seen against RYM is its community. Meanwhile, Discogs has little to no community, so anyone using it ought to be fine just ignoring the RYM community altogether and using the site as a simple database tool.

Have I made my point clear?

Discogs has more variety than RYM.

Discogs covers literally everything.

How?
Fuck off WCD shill

I agree it encompasses more but its genre tagging suffers in consequence.

because it has much less music on it and because the website is primarily in russian you stupid cunt

>implying you don't have to sift through tons of average and shitty "so experimental" garbage on soundcloud and bandcamp to actually find something worthwhile.
>implying rate your music isn't fedora sporting cancer

>it has much less music on it
No it doesn't
Except obscure shit no one cares about

>the website is primarily in russian
Then learn Russian retard

label digging is a better way of finding music than genre tags though

label digging is only good for jazz and bleep music though

Yeah I've never understood the RYM community complaint too much, like yeah its shitty and pretentious but I've been using it for a month or two while ignoring them and its really not bad, except for the occasional shitty review, which isn't really a problem anyways.

>I've been using it for a month or two
There's your problem.

Only for certain genres, and only once you've found a consistent label.

Otherwise anyone's better off finding music through genre tags.

both of which are fucking huge

Does it get worse the longer I use it or something? I have 0 friends on there and try not to participate in any of the community stuff, if I keep to that I should be good, right?

It's nice that you've an opinion but you still haven't expressed it in substantial means.

where on the list is "friends"

Also Cred Forums isn't that bad if you look at sharethreads, and Spotify's Discover Weekly is great