Who's the rock equivalent of Miles Davis?

Who's the rock equivalent of Miles Davis?
>Inb4 Bon Jovi

Not joking, Radiohead.

There is none. Miles was a fucking genius and one of the most important cultural icons of the last century. He changed the face of jazz multiple times. He and Louis Armstrong are the true godfathers of jazz, but Miles' was even very influential for modern pop music.

The Beatles

I'd say this is a good fit, but Miles always managed to appear much classier than Zappa.

I swear if anyone says Bon Jovi

I'm glad he's dead.

Bon Jovi

I dunno, Zappa's lyrics are really goofy sometimes and all, but when he spoke in interviews he was an eloquent dude. Same with the Senate hearing in the late 80s. I think he was a smart guy, he just wrote goofy lyrics.

Regardless he didn't influence rock like Miles influenced jazz so it's not a perfect fit. Best I can think of though, in terms of being a very gifted bandleader, composer, and changing music styles so much.

Zappa was a sexist and rapist.

I think Zappa would be insulted if you referred to him as "classy".

Miles was a sexist, a racist, and generally an asshole. We're talking about their contributions to music. (I assume.)

Source?

Miles wasn't exactly a peach, either.

Source?

It's literally a widely known fact. Learn to google.

Source?

Ween

Get the fuck out now.

Source?

Miles was the Miles Davis of rock music in the 70s

This is the only correct answer.

Death Grips

This guy gets it

Why the fuck has Cred Forums submitted to your kind? I can smell the vagina from behind this post, Christ.

Shut up mug

I'm really offended, if only we could flag people for being offensive

Seventies' Miles

Kurt Cobain

based