/WOOZY/ GENERAL

WOOZY GENERAL

A burgeoning genre of Hip Hop characterized by a fusion of Trap Rap instrumentation, heavily layered autotune, and highly prominent psychedelic undertones present in the production

Landmark works of the genre thus far are:
>Future - DS2
>Young Thug - Barter 6
>Travi$ Scott - Rodeo

Discuss, post Woozy tracks you've been working on, share new artists

>psychedelic

>meme rap
>pyschedelic undertones

"psychedelic" as far as pop rap goes, which isn't even remotely psychedelic at all but the dense synth-heavy production and autotune gives it something reminiscent of that sound

not saying any of this is special or avant-garde, but it's a clear trend that's developing in rap and is already starting to develop into a distinct sound (separate from cloud rap, which is similar but less aggressive)

this is like what those white 15 year olds on instagram listen to and post about on their profile "hip.__hop.__classix"

so basically pop trap?

yeah this is pretty much what i was trying to get at with the chart

>ANOTHER meme rap general

idk if you're being sarcastic, but in this chart only Useless is too abrasive to be pop

whats the album to the left of useless?

lil uzi vert vs. the world

just trap rap

so this is basically /trash/ general? cool

useless was more of an afterthought, included it because it fits within the more nocturnal/oppressive side of the genre's spectrum (21 savage, future, travis scott), but for the most part the stuff listed is just very hooky trap rap with excessive autotune and pop influences and a similar aesthetic

once people start ripping off travis scott and thug more, the style is going to be more apparent

thanks for categorizing literally everything wrong with hip-hop into one stupid concept

Rodeo doesn't deserve to be up there with DS2 and Barter 6.

you mean it should be higher? because it's miles better than DS2 anb B6

low iq music that will be forgotten
remember tnght?

Fuck off. DS2 and Barter 6 are in another league. Both are consistent in tone, mood and texture. Rodeo feels disjointed. Travis Scott is like a DJ Khaled character. The only good song on the entire album is Wasted. Juicy J absolutely slays.

DS2 and B6 are cringy af, while Rodeo has a decent narration.

>while Rodeo has a decent narration.
go on

This
Young Thug has unique vocals at least, while Future is an absolute hack.

>DS2 and B6 are cringy af

Rodeo is a thousand times more cringey. Travis Scott is a biter, he's all style no substance. He wears thrash metal shirts because "they look cool". He's a pretty obvious industry plant, his debut mixtape was co-produced by the likes of Kanye West, T-pain and some other big names.

DS2 and B6 will be seen as peaks of this whole Atlanta trap movement.

every album on that chart is irredeemable garbage. modern day trap has reached levels of corporate degeneracy that rival the disco movement.

>He wears thrash metal shirts because "they look cool
>He's a pretty obvious industry plant
>his debut mixtape was co-produced by the likes of Kanye West, T-pain and some other big names
how exactly does it make Rodeo more cringey than DS2 or Barter 6?

Nohow, fuck off
Hip-hop threads are usually pretty retarded, if you can't handle it then go away

Ok, thanks senpai

i seriously hope this is bait

You only like Rodeo because Fantano gave it an 8.

I don't even watch him

Then you just have bad taste because Rodeo is trash.

elaborate

>better lyrics
>better production
>lots of great features
>the album itself is more variative and consistent at the same time

>trash

your opinion is a complete garbage

>>better lyrics
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yes, even lyrics on rodeo better than lyrics on ds2 and barter 6, you're retarded if you're disagree

>Ayy, she runnin' away from my weed like it farted

>you're retarded if you're disagree
do you even english?

>better lyrics
Just no. Absolutely nobody, not even his biggest fanboys, consider Travis to be a great lyricist.
>better production
Not as consistent as the Metro Boomin and Soutshide produced DS2 and not as atmospheric as Barter 6.
>lots of great features
The features outshine Travis every time. All the features also make it a less personal album.
>the album itself is more variative and consistent at the same tim
The only good track on the entire album is Wasted.

cringe
you actually think that it's not better than lyrics on DS2 and B6? I mean Travis Scott is not a good lyricist, but he's better than Future or Young Thug

>Just no. Absolutely nobody, not even his biggest fanboys, consider Travis to be a great lyricist.
better than somebody =/= great
>Not as consistent as the Metro Boomin and Soutshide produced DS2 and not as atmospheric as Barter 6.
metro boomin is a great producer, but sometimes pretty boring, beats on rodeo are way more variarive than those on regular Future or Young Thug album which features usually 1 or 2 producers
>The features outshine Travis every time. All the features also make it a less personal album.
I don't care about an album being personal, since these rappers are not good at lyrics anyway
>The only good track on the entire album is Wasted.
well, that's just a shit taste

Hm. I figured this was a continuation of cloud rap. I mean the beats definitely reflect cloud rap or trap. Reminds me of some Clams, Main Attrakionz, fluence. It's too much like it to be called otherwise imhotbqfhfamalamingo

>can say nothing
>gonna talk about grammar, no matter that this guy is probably just a foreigner

Won't even bother responding to all this. Rodeo is trash, end of story.

>Rodeo is trash, end of story
can you elaborate?

So is this like Cred Forums's version of Belt Scroller general?

hip-hop fags are usually too dumb to elaborate, especially if someone elaborated before them in the same discussion

You are literally not smart.

you're pathetic

>all these fags arguing about which steaming pile of shit is better

hmm, ok I can get behind this. Certainly an emerging sound in modern hip hop right now, with Travis and Metro Boomin being at the forefront. Going by your definition though, I'd probably take uzi off the chart, considering it doesn't really fit in with the darker, more sinister albums that are on here.

Probably a little too early to classify this as its own genre, but there's no denying Travis and Thugger are pioneering something new.

Useless is certainly ahead of its time, and actually fits in surprisingly well with a lot of the albums here. Interesting thoughts, OP.

Savage Mode is the best rap record I've heart this decade.

Travis is a biter without a single original thought. And he's not responsible for any of the music that's being put out with his name.

i put uzi there because his beats usually fit the description i gave too a tee; really excessive autotune and relatively unconventional and dense instrumentation

it's going to take a while for this style to fully blossom, but it definitely is a very clearly observable phenomenon in hip hop right now

savage mode and ds2 only good albums on that chart

YOU CAN'T TALK /WOOZY/ WITHOUT MENTIONING ITS CREATOR.

Savage mode has psychedelic undertones?

Collegrove should be on here too.

I like this now

Metro Boomin does

The chart is about albums, not producers. Savage mode doesn't have psychedelic undertones.

Its produced by Metro

The production is very minimal/spacey and almost "psychedelic" at times, but it doesn't really fall under any other criteria listed in the OP

I would put something like Stay Trippy there instead? If OP isn't here then maybe someone else could take care of that

Metro is known for his psychedelic production? No, he's know for his trap bangers.

Super Saiyan Vol. 2 by Sicko Mobb
Lil Boat

Need more stuff like this for my collection, any recs? Already listened to most of the OP.

Also, been wanting to see something like this for a while, thanks OP.

Add Chief Keef's Finally Rich to this list also

That's Drill.

sicko mobb is bop, but that is a fucking great tape

lil boat is essential, don't know how i missed that

thank you, mr. tokyo by madeintyo is pretty good

I dig travie and young thug, but I'm not willing to check on this lil vert guy nor lily boat, am i doomed forever to listen to rodeo and DBR?

wasted is one of the worst tracks lmao

90210 part 2 is the answer you're looking for.

Jazz Cartier - Marauding In Paradise
Drake + Future - What A Time To Be Alive
2 Chainz + Lil Wayne - Collegrove
Siddiq + Vektroid - Midnight Run
Rae Sremmurd - Sremmlife 2
Yung Lean - Warlord
Bladee - Eversince
Migos stuff

Should be suffiicient

Can we include PR&B in this general? I feel like they're closely related enough.

Been listening to a lot of TYuS and Night Lovell lately tho

Are you guys fuckin retarded and/or deaf?

Travis lyricism, while usually verysimple, is pretty substantial, personal, revealing, honest, and entertaining. I enjoy it, but it took a lot of listens throughout his material.

Also, do you really think Wasted is the best track?? Honestly it was the most forgettable for me, still love it tho. Rodeo is an honest to god 10/10 for me, best hip-hop album since Masters of the Universe by Binary Star

i was about to include concept vague in the chart but i figured it didn't fit the criteria well enough, night lovell's production is usually loopy but his vocals are pretty clean

and pbr&b is a close enough fit, a lot of these artists either rap-sing or have really melodic vocals

Thanks brodies!
I know they're different genres scenes, but they still have that same auto tune goodness and semi-psychedelic beats. Citgo is a trap song with no kick and an ambient pad, it's relatively trippy.

Also, Soulja Boy could go on that list. Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yachty are direct descendants. Lil B may fit as well.

RVIDXR KLVN

This is more the direction of Bones, $uicideboy$, Ugly Mane, and Curry. New Memphis I gueas? Any recs like this?

>Woozy

Fuck off with your made up terms. It's called New Atlanta.

ITT kids who know nothing about rap and want to be part of the next "big thing"

This is like that post hip hop thread