What is OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING the best beatle track?

what is OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING the best beatle track?

Hey Jude.

Tomorrow Never Knows

Tomorrow Never Knows

John: In My Life
Paul: Eleanor Rigby
George: It's All Too Much
Ringo: With a Little Help From My Friends

>Ringo: With a Little Help From My Friends

Rain

Happiness is a warm gun
Lennon > McCartney

>With a Little Help From My Friends
>not Octopus's Garden

Ringo didn't even write Little Help, what he wrote was part of What Goes On, Don't Pass Me By and Octopus's Garden

She Said She Said

Ringo's a hack

Ringo was an excellent fella during the beatles, was and still is a huge personality in rock industry, and also an outstanding drummer, but he's composition skills are very poor compared to his bandmates

outstanding is a stretch

Fuck you, paul.

A Day in the Life or I Want You (She's So Heavy)

this guy knows what's up

could be, maybe he's not the best drummer out there, but he's absolutely not a bad one, he was suitable for the work. also he never showed off like mccartney always used to, ringo's that kind of fella I'd totally hung out with

What an absolute madman, beating the shit out of Paul in the middle of a photoshoot. The loony bastard

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

problem with I Want You is that the lyrical content is very weak compared to A Day In The Life. I personally think Day In The Life was the best song the band has ever put out

There are five contenders because this is a great band. In no order:

1) Tomorrow Never Knows
2) A Day in the Life
3) Strawberry Fields Forever
4) Norwegian Wood
5) Rain

All five of these impacted rock music more than any other song they recorded, and they were all extremely forward thinking. None of them are quite among my favorites compositionally, but the recording techniques and instrument usage is what makes them stand out, with the exception of A Day in the Life which stands out due to its unconventional structure, lyrical content, and scope (as well as its placement on the album).

This

Accidentally quoted a dude I was planning on lazily saying "this" to before typing all of that up, then left the quote in. Oops.

we all know the answer is I've Just Seen a Face

great song but not even the best from help!

>almost entirely Lennon compositions

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I'd narrow it down to "A Day In The Life", "Strawberry Fields", "Something", or "Getting Better"

Yesterday.

[spoiler]Maxwell's Silver Hammer :^)[/spoiler]

i didn't say he was bad, he did a good job and definitely had his moments (such as Rain) but i don't think his drumming would be of any particular interest if he wasn't in the beat;es

Paul kicks the shit out of John barring the early Beatles albums (up to Rubber Soul). What makes those songs the most impactful is the production and/or the instrumentation, neither of which John brought to the table. Again, A Day in the Life is the one exception to this, but without Paul's part, it wouldn't have the off kilter structure which would make it a much weaker song.

Let it be or Helter Skelter

John - I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Paul - Eleanor Rigby
George - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Ringo - gonna give him Flying

This is stupid I hate you.

What's the best Beatles solo album and why is it Ram?

she's leaving home, strawberry fields or eleanor rigby

Strawberry Fields Forever

all things > ram > imagine > mccartney

mccartney ii is better
>coming up
>temporary secretary
>darkroom
>secret friend
>check my machine
GOAT

McCartney is his best album, sorry

Fuck off

Hard to argue with this. All five are absolutely outstanding and unimaginably innovative pieces of music.

Some of my personal favourites (i.e. ones I listen to the most without necessarily being the best Beatles tracks, though still all fantastic) would be:

>Helter Skelter
>Happiness Is A Warm Gun
>Rain
>Taxman
>I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>If I Needed Someone
>If I Fell
>For No One
>Get Back
>She Said She Said
>Back in the USSR
>She's Leaving Home
>Hey Bulldog

So many I could name but those come to mind at the moment. Quite simply, The Beatles have the best discography of any recording artist in history. To have pioneered and mastered that many styles of music, with some of the finest lyricism ever seen, and to add their own very distinct personalities to each song is nothing short of incredible. The fact it was all done in less than a decade is staggering. They will never be matched.

As a faggot who mainly listens to metal, I Want You (She's So Heavy)

somebody tell me what is technically fascinating about A Day In The Life.

I know nothing about music but hear people claim it's genius and I'd like to know why.

While My Fuckin' Guitar Gently Weeps

Even if you don't know anything about music you can clearly tell it's a pretty impressive song on all aspects

the thing about day in the life is that you've got to listen to the whole pepper thing, every song set up the mood and the reprise prepares you for what is the final track, the ending song. the first guitar chords, the orchestral arrangement, that dark atmosphere, the middle section, the final piano chord, everything points out to this moment. it went this way at least for me, same for abbey road, both endings are simply beautiful and outstanding

>DON'T PASS ME BY
>DON'T MAKE ME CRY
>DON'T MAKE ME BLUE :'(

It was True Love Waits of its time

It's a "... for its time" sort of deal. Listening to it today, it's not very special at all. Back then, though, the following elements were rare in rock music, if present at all, and were virtually unheard of in pop music:

>transition from penultimate track to the closer, A Day in the Life.
I'm sure other albums had done it before, but it was a new idea to rock music, and using it to string the penultimate and final track makes the song feel that much more conclusive.
>the lyrics.
Sad/dark lyrics were not a grand new idea even to pop music of the time, but these lyrics are really stark and even graphic at times (he blew his mind out in a car). The controversy around the line "I'd love to turn you on" being a pro drug lyric adds even more to the song.
>unconventional structure.
The song is just a string of verses followed by Paul's bit which is basically a completely separate song, followed by more verses then it ends.
>the orchestral section.
Strings weren't an unfamiliar thing by that point, but this string section is extremely dissonant and high unorthodox for its time; the fact that these orchestral bits are used to transition in and out of Paul's bit of the song is just a great touch, and the closing crescendo is an extremely climactic ending.
>the ending.
Speaking of, ending on the huge crash of pianos which slowly fades, then is followed by some weird tape loop shit. Extremely definitive and strange way to end an album, very artistic and thought out compared to most rock albums in the 60s.

cont. in next post

Aside from that, just looking at it from a compositional standpoint, it's chord sequencing is really tight. The key of the song is G major while frequently switching to its relative minor, E minor. The Beatles used parallel minors to varying success, but iirc this is one of their first uses of relative minors. What I find significant about this is that parallel minors are easy to use accidentally but for a group of untrained musicians to use relative minors like the Beatles did on this song is just really impressive.

I also really dig how the drumming is a bit more active up in the final verse even though the tempo is the same, which makes you feel like the song is faster somehow even though it isn't. Could have been a Ringoism that happened to work out well but I like it.

>actual good posts on Cred Forums

am i on mars

you realize that picture is of paul mccartney and brian epstein, not paul mccartney and george martin, right?