Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h7E820HQyYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pinkerton makes me deeply uncomfortable but blue is really good

I didn't know Drake Bell was in Weezer.

Pinkerton all time classic

Autism

I enjoy them sometimes tho

yeah most of the album seems like something i would really like but i cant get over the lyrics. rivers just comes off as really creepy to me, to the point of having to turn off the album from it. usually i can get over lyrics but i just cant for pinkerton, dunno why

Blue Album - 7.5/10 Not my favorite, but still a clasic

Pinkerton - 8.2/10 Love the dirtier self-produced sound and darker tone

Green album - 6.8/10 Hash Pipe is my favorite Weezer song, rest is meh

Maladroit - 8.9/10 Personal favorite, underrated as fuck

Make Believe - 3.9/10 They tried, but overrated-ness of Beverly Hills killed it

Red Album - 7.5/10 Made up for Make Believe a bit

Raditude - 3.2/ Not a fan of poppier production

Hurley - 4/10 Raditude but slightly better

Everything Will Be Alright In The End - 7/10 Refreshing return to older sound

White Album - 7.4/10 Nice combo between Pinkerton and Blue album

Blue Album is one of the best of all time. Pinkerton is mostly good and everything else is forgettable

El Scorcho is the theme song for my pathetic teenagehood

Weezer [DGC, 1994] :(

Maladroit [Geffen, 2002]

Down from 48 percent to 35 at amiannoying.com, not because they're less annoying but because they're less successful. Annoying they remain, and not, annoying webmaster, because they gigged as Goat Punishment or--who cares?--lost their bass player to the Rentals. They're annoying because Rivers Cuomo is the punk Tom Scholz--a solitary genius in love with big and precise. In Boston's arena-rock, this made sense even though it was annoying. In Weezer's arena-punk (slightly more arena on this outing, and less annoying as a result), it totally misses the point, which from the Ramones to the Libertines has been to achieve concision and economy while just barely remaining erect. Onstage, that is. How Cuomo has comported himself in other areas of endeavor I haven't a clue. B-

it's because you're a womeme

Well they sure beat the airlines.

As much of a faggot as Christgau is, he was definitely right here on why pop punk is not really punk.

Blue, Pink, and Mal. are all great. New (White) album is good too.

that's pretty fair desu

When they first got started in LA in the early 90s, they had trouble gaining acceptance. Rivers Cuomo said it wasn't for lack of effort and they were even playing many of the same songs that became later hits like Buddy Holly, trouble was that they were too happy and good-time-fun when audiences wanted bands that wore flannel and whined about how bad they smelled.

nothing special about any of the albums
underage kids on mu like to pretend they're different and cool but they're pretty much as interesting as any top 40 band

also blue album and pinkerton aren't exceptions, they're still bland pop punk and you're deluding yourself if you think they're good in anyway other than technically at their instruments

>playing basic power chords and singing about teenage crushes
So deep.

i used to love them when i was retarded teenager but that just proves that only unfinished humans like this shit

Pop punk was definitely a retro throwback to 50s rock-and-roll in a lot of ways with having songs focused on teenager life.

What is with everybody riding maldroit's dick. The songs are literally unfinished and the production sounds like garbage. Possibilities is worse than anything off Make Believe

Beverly Hills is fun as fuck.

Pinkerton
Blue
EWBAITE
White
Maladroit
Hurley
Red
Green
Make Believe
Ratitude

Album falls apart after Burnt Jamb (except for December) IMO

Suzanne is their best song

They were ok when I was 14. After that, what was the point?

>YOU ARE 18 YEAR OLD GIRL

-

Wow, a weezer thread that wasn't bombed with cuomo memes

First couple albums were great, last couple albums were great, let's just forget about what happened in between

Raditude is legit their best, most listenable album. "Love is the Answer" sucks ass but every other track is fucking dope.

No one will agree with me, but that's OK.

I dont want to let you go is one their best songs

pinkerton doesn't have anything on the level of "no one else" off of blue so fuck off with this meme

Does anyone on earth actually care what Christgau says?

No but it's funny shit especially when he gives a bomb to a Cred Forumscore album.

>being too pretentious to enjoy good pop rock

It's pretty good, but I actually like the BIG DUMB ROCK feel of all the other songs on Raditude. It's so big and dumb and fun. Can't Stop Partying and I'm Your Daddy are so good. The harmonies in the chorus of Tripping Down The Freeway are so much fun to sing along to.

the acoustic version of can't stop partying is the only good thing to come out of raditude

ONLY IN DREAAMS

anyone got that medieval weezer screencap?

I do like the song the acoustic context, but having Wayne on a Weezer song is such a stupid idea that it's actually awesome.

Am I the only one who really likes Make Believe?
Perfect Situation and This is Such a Pity I just can't help but love, good enough to hold up the rest of the album for me, and it's got some other stuff I really enjoy spaced throughout. The Best Friend song for me is really the perfect encapsulation of all of Weezer. It's cheesy, it's simplistic, the sound is painfully standard. And yet, somehow, it just totally wins me over and I can't help but love it.

MY AUTOMOBILE IS A PIECE OF CRAP

Red Album bonus tracks are GOAT: Spider, King, Ms Sweeney, and Pig are among Weezer's best tracks.

Also Prettiest Girl from Raditude is really good
youtube.com/watch?v=h7E820HQyYs

Matt Berry went to Harvard?